Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by tigertattie on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 5:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

          
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

A Not So Brief History of Time-Wasting   (click to show/hide):



http://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
http://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
http://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
http://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
http://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues
http://www.606v2.com/t56913-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vi-banter-boogaloo
http://www.606v2.com/t57946-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vii
http://www.606v2.com/t58659-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-viii
http://www.606v2.com/t59409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ix
http://www.606v2.com/t60764-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-x-rated
http://www.606v2.com/t61904-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-xi-the-undiscovered-country
http://www.606v2.com/t62900-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-xii-twelve-monkeys

Guinness Pro12


Edinburgh - Fixtures   (click to show/hide):

Fixtures
11. 26/12/2016 | 16:05 | Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors | BT Murrayfield | BBC ALBA
12. 31/12/2016 | TBC | Zebre Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby | Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi | TBC
13. 07/01/2017 | 15:00 | Edinburgh Rugby v Munster Rugby | Myreside | Sky
14. 10/11/12 Feb | TBC | Ulster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby | Kingspan Stadium | TBC
15. 17/18/19 Feb | TBC | Leinster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby | RDS Arena | TBC
16. 24/25/26 Feb | TBC | Edinburgh Rugby v Cardiff Blues | Myreside | TBC
17. 03/04/05 Mar | TBC | Edinburgh Rugby v Ospreys | Myreside | TBC
18. 24/25/26 Mar | TBC | Scarlets v Edinburgh Rugby | Parc y Scarlets | TBC
19. 07/08/09 Apr | TBC | Edinburgh Rugby v Connacht Rugby | Myreside | TBC
20. 15/04/2017 | 20:05 | Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby | Stadio Monigo | TBC
21. 28/29/30 Apr | TBC | Edinburgh Rugby v Newport Gwent Dragons | Myreside | TBC
22. 06/05/2017 | 17:15 | Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby | Scotstoun Stadium | TBC


Youtube playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 action here.

Glasgow Warriors - Fixtures   (click to show/hide):

Fixtures

11. 26/12/2016 | 16:05 | Edinburgh Rugby v Glasgow Warriors | BT Murrayfield | BBC ALBA
12. 31/12/2016 | 14:00 | Benetton Treviso v Glasgow Warriors | Stadio Monigo | TBC/BBC ALBA
13. 07/01/2017 | 19:35 | Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues | Scotstoun Stadium | BBC ALBA/S4C
14. 10/11/12 Feb | TBC | Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets | Scotstoun Stadium | TBC
15. 17/18/19 Feb | TBC | Ulster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors | Kingspan Stadium | TBC
16. 24/25/26 Feb | TBC | Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors | Liberty Stadium | TBC
17. 03/04/05 Mar | TBC | Glasgow Warriors v Newport Gwent Dragons | Scotstoun Stadium | TBC
18. 24/25/26 Mar | TBC | Glasgow Warriors v Connacht Rugby | Scotstoun Stadium | TBC
19. 07/08/09 Apr | TBC | Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors | Irish Independent Park | TBC
20. 14/04/2017 | 19:35 | Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Rugby | Scotstoun Stadium | BBC ALBA
21. 28/29/30 Apr | TBC | Leinster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors | RDS Arena  |  TBC
22. 06/05/2017 | 17:15 | Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh Rugby | Scotstoun Stadium | TBC


Youtube playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 action here.

1872 Cup



Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
 

1872 Cup - Past Results   (click to show/hide):

2007–08
28 December 2007, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 35–31 Glasgow Warriors
11 April 2008, Firhill Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 23–14 Edinburgh
Winner: Glasgow Warriors 54–49

2008–09
26 December 2008, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 39–6 Glasgow Warriors
2 January 2009, Firhill Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 25–20 Edinburgh
Winner: Edinburgh 59–31

2009–10
27 December 2009, Firhill Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 25–12 Edinburgh
2 January 2010, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 15–22 Glasgow Warriors
Winner: Glasgow Warriors 47–27

2010–11
27 December 2010, Firhill Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 30–18 Edinburgh
2 January 2011, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 28–17 Glasgow Warriors
Winner: Glasgow Warriors 47–46

2011–12
26 December 2011, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 23–23 Glasgow Warriors
1 January 2012, Firhill Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 17–12 Edinburgh
Winner: Glasgow Warriors 40–35

2012–13
21 December 2012, Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 23–14 Edinburgh
29 December 2012, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 17–21 Glasgow Warriors
Winner: Glasgow Warriors 44–31

2013–14
26 December 2013, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 16–20 Glasgow Warriors
26 April 2014, Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 37–34 Edinburgh  (postponed from 1st Jan due to waterlogged pitch)
Winner: Glasgow 57–50

2014–15
27 December 2014, Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 16–6 Edinburgh
2 January 2015, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 20–8 Glasgow Warriors
Winner: Edinburgh 26–24

2015–16
27 December 2015, Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 23–11 Glasgow Warriors
2 January 2016, Murrayfield Stadium, Glasgow Warriors 11–14 Edinburgh (moved from Scotstoun due to waterlogged pitch)
Winner: Edinburgh 37–22

Winners tally
Glasgow Warriors - 6
Edinburgh - 3

Some tidying up could be required as I'm no a PC wizz!

PS - Any player from Ayr is not necessarily "World class"


Last edited by tigertattie on Fri 23 Dec 2016, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
tigertattie

Posts : 4216
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down


Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by tigertattie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 2:25 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Edinburgh highlights - doesn't look like a sold out stadium!

https://twitter.com/EdinburghRugby/status/824559861136576512

The official attendance was listed as 5.2k, which i think is slightly short of capacity.  What's clear though is the SRU/Edinburgh could better utilise the stadium.  They have enough seats etc, but a lot of people opted not to use the seats and were standing along the pitch (which was the side the tv gantry was on).

If this is going to be the case going forward then they could probably make more tickets available based on the assumption people will choose to stand rather than sit, however the caveat to this is that it was a fairly mild & dry evening.  If it's pouring down with rain the number standing may decrease and the covered seats will be more popular.

However despite a number of seats going unused it certainly felt pretty full and I would imagine it likely was near capacity, but you cannot see the people standing pitchside due to the position of the cameras.

easy to fix. Sell standing only tickets. Make them like a fiver cheaper than seats!
avatar
tigertattie

Posts : 4216
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 3:26 pm

IanBru wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Edinburgh highlights - doesn't look like a sold out stadium!

https://twitter.com/EdinburghRugby/status/824559861136576512
@realDonaldTrump wrote:Crooked @CNN saying My Arseside wasn't filled on Friday night. That's why more people watch @ApprenticeNBC. LOSERS. #FakeNews

laughing

Sean Spicer has confirmed that exactly 535,738 people turned up to watch Edinburgh on Friday evening, co-incidentally a larger crowd than the population of Edinburgh, although there are no official numbers.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15375
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 36
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by tigertattie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm

He also said that there were no American tanks in Iraq!
avatar
tigertattie

Posts : 4216
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by CraigS1874 on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 9:18 pm

Just had a chat with a friend about the strength of Scottish rugby following the recent success of edinburgh and glasgow in european competitions and Michael Allen was the only NSQ starter in both sides. But =it got me thinking about where are these players actually from and is it a false representation of the game in Scotland?

So the Edinburgh team vs timosara saracens was:
Kinghorn; Hoyland, Allen, Dean, Brown; Weir, Fowles; Dell, Cochrane (capt), Berghan, Toolis, Gilchrist, Bradbury, Ritchie, Du Preez
Glasgow vs Leicester was:
S Hogg; T Seymour, M Bennett, A Dunbar, L Jones, F Russell, A Price; G Reid, F Brown, Z Fagerson, T Swinson, J Gray (capt), R Harley, R Wilson, J Strauss

A breakdown of where they are all from(schooled) with private schooled in bold
Edinburgh 7: Kinghorne, Hoyland, Dean, T Brown, Cochrane, Bradbury, F Brown
Glasgow 3 : Harley, Gray, Weir
Central Belt/Tayside 2: Russell, Gilchrist, Fagerson, Ritchie
The South/ayrshire 5: Hogg, Bennett, Dunbar, Jones, Reid
Rest of the World 10: Toolis, Dell, Du Preez, Strauss, Berghan, Swinson, Wilson, Seymour, Price and Fowles

So despite many pundits talking up Scottish Rugby only just over a third of these players went to a public school in Scotland with nobody coming from north of Dundee and only 2 youngsters from north of the forth*, I dont think a 3rd pro team up north would be sensible.

*I know Magnus Bradbury is originally from Oban so put those pitch forks away

CraigS1874

Posts : 168
Join date : 2012-06-06
Location : East lothian/Aberdeen

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by BigGee on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 9:54 pm

I think most people are of the opinion that a third Scottish team anywhere would not be a good idea at the moment! We are just about adequately funding two teams and even that is proving difficult. It would be madness to try and stretch things any thinner than that.

As to the other points you are making. Yes there are a lot of privately educated players. That is nothing we don't know, nor is it unique to Scotland. In time, if the game continues to grow, a process which a successful national and professional club sides can only help, more players will come through from outwith the private schools. The SRU should actually be applauded for their efforts to grow the game and there are even some signs that this is succeeding.

Yes a lot of players were born outside of Scotland. Again, nothing new here, it has always been this way, going right back to Eric Liddell. There is a massive Scottish Diaspora out there who are rightly proud of there Scottish heritage. They are entitled to play for Scotland and some do so with pride. I would hope that people with heritage who are qualified to play for Scotland, always feel that if they are good enough, they can and are not looked down on because of where they were born.

There is a bit of a feel good factor in Scottish rugby at the moment and it has been a long time coming. I can see no great sense in trying to knock it!

BigGee

Posts : 3557
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by CraigS1874 on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 10:24 pm

Not trying to knock it at all, its the best place Scottish pro rugby has ever been at but i just cant help but feel if you scratch beneath the surface Scottish rugby is struggling at grassroots. So its crucial the success of Glasgow actually filters down to regional rugby clubs.

I saw this recently reported in the NZ press http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/88748096/scottish-rugby-team-loses-1720-as-merciful-referee-ends-the-game-20-minutes-early?cid=facebook.post.88748096

I know its a 2xv but Howe are a big club and its a real shame to see this happening, and from what I have seen this is a very similar situation throughout the country, in the 80s my club had up to 4 teams fast forward to now and the 1sts are playing at the same level yet we cant raise a 2nds and have been known to struggle to raise a 1XV

Might just be what I have seen but curious to see if others think the same

CraigS1874

Posts : 168
Join date : 2012-06-06
Location : East lothian/Aberdeen

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 8:37 am

It is a strange one because although it is not great that state schools are producing so few pro rugby players you also can't really complain that private schools are! Private schools invest a lot of money in their rugby programmes with full-time coaches and DoRs.  They are basically developing the next generation of rugby players (at no cost to the SRU) up until the SRU take players into their academies at 17/18.  

As for the amateur club game, my club (which draws players from an Edinbrugh state school) tends to be very up and down in terms of player numbers.  This season they have good numbers and we even have to leave players out of the 2nd XV squad because we have too many.  We don't quite have enough fo ra 3rd XV though. We currently have 2 former players in the Scotland under 20s team and have had internationalists in recent years - not bad for a state school!

But in the years I was playing there before moving to London there were plenty bleak times, and indeed my last season playing for tthe 2nd XV ended in relegation because we were only able to fulfill less than half our games due to a real lack of players. This season however our 2s are top of the league with full squads every week! For some reason the bleak times always seemed to coincide with when I was playing regularly...

My club is fairly lucky as it is a central Edinburgh club that has a school feeding into it with a strong rugby programme. but I can fully see why small towns and suburban areas are struggling.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20428
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by BigGee on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 9:12 am

A lot has changed in rugby generally which makes it harder to get the same number of teams out as once was the case.

I was playing in full men's rugby teams at the age of 15 for example, sometimes after playing for the school in the morning and I was not the only one. I don't imagine that would be allowed now but at the time the club I played for and many others around relied on an influx of school kids to help make up their lower teams. We just had to make sure we kept away from the nasty old sods who wanted to hurt us, luckily non of them where very fit!

There were also no squads back then, very few teams, even at a decent level had subs, so if you did not play for the first team, you played for the 2nd's and so on. For most clubs, the intoduction of squads has probably cost them a team with the amount of extra players involved in each team.

If youi were short back then, you still tended to play your fixture. I have been on both sides of these one sided games. If you were lucky, the opposition would lend you one of their players to try and balance it up a bit. If you were missing a prop, then one of you had to play prop. There were no issues about specialisation in the old days. You would hope that your opposite number would go easy on you!

Leagues as well put pressure on clubs with the greater amount of travelling involved. You always had a stronger team at home than away, as members of the team worked on saturday mornings and could not get away for long away trips.

These are problems that effected clubs all over the country and are long standing. Very few clubs now run the amount of teams that they used to run historically. Unfortunately, in Scotland, with a smaller playing base in the first place, plus a large geographical area to cover, they were even more pronounced.

BigGee

Posts : 3557
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 9:35 am

BigGee wrote:A lot has changed in rugby generally which makes it harder to get the same number of teams out as once was the case.

I was playing in full men's rugby teams at the age of 15 for example, sometimes after playing for the school in the morning and I was not the only one. I don't imagine that would be allowed now but at the time the club I played for and many others around relied on an influx of school kids to help make up their lower teams. We just had to make sure we kept away from the nasty old sods who wanted to hurt us, luckily non of them where very fit!

There were also no squads back then, very few teams, even at a decent level had subs, so if you did not play for the first team, you played for the 2nd's and so on. For most clubs, the intoduction of squads has probably cost them a team with the amount of extra players involved in each team.

If youi were short back then, you still tended to play your fixture. I have been on both sides of these one sided games. If you were lucky, the opposition would lend you one of their players to try and balance it up a bit. If you were missing a prop, then one of you had to play prop. There were no issues about specialisation in the old days. You would hope that your opposite number would go easy on you!

Leagues as well put pressure on clubs with the greater amount of travelling involved. You always had a stronger team at home than away, as members of the team worked on saturday mornings and could not get away for long away trips.

These are problems that effected clubs all over the country and are long standing. Very few clubs now run the amount of teams that they used to run historically. Unfortunately, in Scotland, with a smaller playing base in the first place, plus a large geographical area to cover, they were even more pronounced.

I think there is now a minimum age for senior rugby and even then  you have to pass an SRU strength test first - which obviously varies depending on position.

In 5th/6th year I would have school training on Tuesday and Thursdays, under 18 club training after the school training on Thursdays then play 2 games in one day on a Saturday - school in the morning, club in the afternoon!

Would always be demoralising arriving for the club game in the afternoon to see the opposition fresh and clean during their warmup and we'd all still be dirty and bashed up from the morning game!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20428
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by IanBru on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 10:54 am

Dates, times and broadcast details for the Champions and Challenge Cup quarter finals.

It's starting to feel real now!
avatar
IanBru

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 28
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by jimbopip on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:33 am

Do you have these details Brubro?
I can't find them anywhere. Nor can I find any way to master the quote function. Mind you, I can't see anything wrong with singing along to "I'm Proud To Be An Okie From Miskogee".

p.s. I see the rumours about His Shrekiness going to the NotNots refuse to go away. I should have asked him about it.

jimbopip

Posts : 3408
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by IanBru on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:38 am

Ahhhhh, in my excitement, I didn't actually say that details are being released at lunchtime today!

Stand down, chaps.
avatar
IanBru

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 28
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:39 am

I think what Mr Bru was trying to say is the details are due to be announced today, not that they have already been announced.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20428
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by jimbopip on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

Bru suffering from premature Jock elation, again. laughing

jimbopip

Posts : 3408
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by jimbopip on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:56 am

Glasgow one o'clock kick off on the Sunday.

jimbopip

Posts : 3408
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:59 am

Gobshitus spreading quickly through the Irish team...

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12506/10743057/conor-murray-could-have-blown-out-his-knee-against-glasgow-warriors-says-joe-Schmidt

Think next Saturday is going to be a bit tasty.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 41
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Eejit on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 12:21 pm

Baws, Sunday lunchtime kickoff.

Eejit

Posts : 267
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London, via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by tigertattie on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 12:26 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Gobshitus spreading quickly through the Irish team...

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12506/10743057/conor-murray-could-have-blown-out-his-knee-against-glasgow-warriors-says-joe-Schmidt

Think next Saturday is going to be a bit tasty.

Ireland are a very impressive team right now, but the shine, and indeed fondness towards Ireland is quickly disappearing due to the constant adolescent greetin that is coming out of their camps these days!
avatar
tigertattie

Posts : 4216
Join date : 2011-07-11
Location : On the naughty step

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 12:31 pm

My best mate for years has detested Ireland.....and I mean he really really hates them which I was always surprised about.

But although I don't share the same level contempt, I can sympathise with his feelings, especially lately.

They're quickly catching up to Wales as my least favourite team.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 41
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by EST on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 12:39 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Gobshitus spreading quickly through the Irish team...

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12506/10743057/conor-murray-could-have-blown-out-his-knee-against-glasgow-warriors-says-joe-Schmidt

Think next Saturday is going to be a bit tasty.

There was a breaking news story earlier, not sure if it's been brought up here or not. There are rumours circulating that Connor Murray is to retire from rugby and become the star signing for the Irish Touch Rugby Team. Apparently he said that if his recent request to wear a red bib, signifying that nobody can touch him, was declined by World Rugby then he would defect before the 6 Nations. He cited the vicious barbarity of the Glasgow Warrriors players for bringing about this decision, after they displayed the temerity to tackle him in the Champions cup fixture a few weeks ago.

EST

Posts : 819
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 12:51 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:My best mate for years has detested Ireland.....and I mean he really really hates them which I was always surprised about.

But although I don't share the same level contempt, I can sympathise with his feelings, especially lately.

They're quickly catching up to Wales as my least favourite team.

Your mate is a racist so I wouldn't take too much notice of what he thinks.

The 'its legal' defence is pathetic.

How about answering the real issue - Do you think tackling a player from behind on their standing leg having just kicked the ball away is dangerous?

Secondly, can you explain what the tackler hopes to achieve since tackling from behind, he isn't going to block the ball anyway?
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Tattie Scones RRN on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 12:55 pm

He's not a racist you melt.

He hates the Irish rugby team in general....as in wants them to lose badly. It stems from years of cheating (he claims).

And you your second point....there is no issue.

Just a load of bitching and whining from over the sea.

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 41
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:01 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:He's not a racist you melt.

He hates the Irish rugby team in general....as in wants them to lose badly. It stems from years of cheating (he claims).

Seriously, he hates the Ireland rugby team because they cheat

And you your second point....there is no issue.

Just a load of bitching and whining from over the sea.

If that is what seems to be the typical response from Glasgow/Cotter, then it is hardly surprising that Murray went public. He doesn't want to take 9 months out with an injury.

avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by jimbopip on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:04 pm

Tattie, clap clap
Sin e, give it a break; all the years I played I never heard anyone complain when 9's or 10's were tackled as they were kicking. It has always been an accepted part of the game. If you don't want them charged/blocked/tackled put some guards in.

jimbopip

Posts : 3408
Join date : 2012-10-14
Location : sunny Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by EST on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:05 pm

Sin é wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:He's not a racist you melt.

He hates the Irish rugby team in general....as in wants them to lose badly. It stems from years of cheating (he claims).

Seriously, he hates the Ireland rugby team because they cheat  

And you your second point....there is no issue.

Just a load of bitching and whining from over the sea.

If that is what seems to be the typical response from Glasgow/Cotter, then it is hardly surprising that Murray went public. He doesn't want to take 9 months out with an injury.


The other option is that we could get Murray a Zorb ball to play in, that should prevent him from suffering any sort of meaningful contact throughout the 80 mins.



Last edited by EST on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

EST

Posts : 819
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:05 pm

Sin é wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:He's not a racist you melt.

He hates the Irish rugby team in general....as in wants them to lose badly. It stems from years of cheating (he claims).

Seriously, he hates the Ireland rugby team because they cheat  

And you your second point....there is no issue.

Just a load of bitching and whining from over the sea.

If that is what seems to be the typical response from Glasgow/Cotter, then it is hardly surprising that Murray went public. He doesn't want to take 9 months out with an injury.


I think if it was an issue, there would have been a citing.

But all the powers that be, said it was all fair

The idea is to put pressure on the kicker to they make a mistake - happens every game - does not always mean charging down.

What would have happened if he had bluffed the kick and ran....... the non tackler would have looked stupid then eh?

What was almost unforgivable was him implying it was a deliberate, premeditated, coached tactic, to injury him - it almost comes from the Trump play book of untruths, based on NO evidence


R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:19 pm

Even the picture shows a perfectly legal tackle, with shoulder on the hip, JUST after the ball has been kicked

I will also ask WHY IS THIS BEING BROUGHT UP AGAIN BY THE COACH TO THE PRESS WEEKS AND WEEKS LATER

It really is a disgrace and I think there should be a citing for them for telling fibs - and going on about it with no proof

(Sorry, this sort of media court really bugs me - it is why our whole Darn world is where it is)

MUST CALM DOWN NOW

R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:40 pm

jimbopip wrote:Tattie, clap clap
Sin e, give it a break; all the years I played I never heard anyone complain when 9's or 10's were tackled as they were kicking. It has always been an accepted part of the game. If you don't want them charged/blocked/tackled put some guards in.

You didn't hear about it because players knew it was dangerous to tackle someone from behind when they are standing on one leg.

Murray has a great box kick, but analysis will show that he has never box kicked the ball back over his head where he had no support. Very Happy

Straus was tackling from behind.
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:47 pm

Riskysports wrote:Even the picture shows a perfectly legal tackle, with shoulder on the hip, JUST after the ball has been kicked

I will also ask WHY IS THIS BEING BROUGHT UP AGAIN BY THE COACH TO THE PRESS WEEKS AND WEEKS LATER

It really is a disgrace and I think there should be a citing for them for telling fibs - and going on about it with no proof

(Sorry, this sort of media court really bugs me - it is why our whole Darn world is where it is)

MUST CALM DOWN NOW

When you have calmed down, can you answer the questions I posed above about whether it is a dangerous tactic.
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:56 pm

Sin é wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Tattie, clap clap
Sin e, give it a break; all the years I played I never heard anyone complain when 9's or 10's were tackled as they were kicking. It has always been an accepted part of the game. If you don't want them charged/blocked/tackled put some guards in.

You didn't hear about it because players knew it was dangerous to tackle someone from behind when they are standing on one leg.

Murray has a great box kick, but analysis will show that he has never box kicked the ball back over his head where he had no support. Very Happy

Straus was tackling from behind.

You're supposed to finish with ". Period." when quoting alternative facts. Has Sean Spicer taught you nothing??

Conor Murray was targeted bigly. Period.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15375
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 36
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:09 pm

Sin é wrote:
Riskysports wrote:Even the picture shows a perfectly legal tackle, with shoulder on the hip, JUST after the ball has been kicked

I will also ask WHY IS THIS BEING BROUGHT UP AGAIN BY THE COACH TO THE PRESS WEEKS AND WEEKS LATER

It really is a disgrace and I think there should be a citing for them for telling fibs - and going on about it with no proof

(Sorry, this sort of media court really bugs me - it is why our whole Darn world is where it is)

MUST CALM DOWN NOW

When you have calmed down, can you answer the questions I posed above about whether it is a dangerous tactic.

No - it isn't

It is called a tackle. It was timed as he was kicking. It went round his hip (So not his standing leg - photo evidence on the article)

And it would stop him bluffing a kick and running


I will ask you a question back :-)

Do you think it is right accuse someone of deliberately, premeditated, coaches told them to do it TO INJURY is right, honorable or even decent - with no proof what so ever

Is he running for the White house??

R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by EWT Spoons on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:26 pm

Riskysports wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:He's not a racist you melt.

He hates the Irish rugby team in general....as in wants them to lose badly. It stems from years of cheating (he claims).

Seriously, he hates the Ireland rugby team because they cheat  

And you your second point....there is no issue.

Just a load of bitching and whining from over the sea.

If that is what seems to be the typical response from Glasgow/Cotter, then it is hardly surprising that Murray went public. He doesn't want to take 9 months out with an injury.


I think if it was an issue, there would have been a citing.

But all the powers that be, said it was all fair

The idea is to put pressure on the kicker to they make a mistake - happens every game - does not always mean charging down.

What would have happened if he had bluffed the kick and ran....... the non tackler would have looked stupid then eh?

What was almost unforgivable was him implying it was a deliberate, premeditated, coached tactic,   to injury him - it almost comes from the Trump play book of untruths, based on NO evidence


I believe they are now known as alternative facts. Very Happy

EWT Spoons

Posts : 1956
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 33
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:27 pm

I think you are reading a bit much into what was said. Worth reposting what was actually said.


Conor Murray quotes:
''I’m properly pissed off about that,” Murray said. “I don’t see any benefit in charging down someone’s standing leg, I only see it as a danger or as a potential to get injured.

“I don’t think it’s a good tactic. You could put another label on that type of tactic, but they did it to us at Thomond Park [in the European tie on October 22]. They got our scrum-half Te [Aihe Toma] with it in the league game [at Scotstoun on December 2] and they almost got me a couple of times.

“So, luckily, my leg came out of the ground and I managed to fall over, but if my leg stayed in the ground — especially in that (4G) surface — you’re looking at syndesmosis [joint damage], you’re looking at cruciate [ligament damage].

“I’m not blaming the players. I don’t know who told them to do it, but it’s dangerous. It’s very dangerous and, thankfully, I didn’t get injured, but if I had have been injured, I would have been going on more of a rant.”

“I’ve no problem with people going after you; you know, ‘I’m trying to rattle you’ and all that, but when the only... I just can’t see a way of that being legal or any way that could lead to a charge down or a tackle. The ball is long gone from my hands and I just think it’s really dangerous and it will end up with someone getting properly injured by it.”

---------

Munster assistant coach Jerry Flannery revealed during an in-game interview with Sky Sports that the officials, led by referee Luke Pearce, had been asked to keep an eye on the Warriors tactics regarding the scrum-half.

-----

Commentary during the match (Murray Kinsella is an ex-player who had to retire due to injury).

@Murray_Kinsella
Never any real prospect of a blockdown or tackle here.
Late and extremely dangerous on Conor Murray's standing leg. [1/2]

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/conor-murray-on-dangerous-glasgow-approach--im-properly-pissed-off-about-that-439752.html

-----

Joe Schmidt

"It was fairly public that there was dissatisfaction and I totally understand Conor being disappointed with how it happened. You can't charge a ball down from the blindside, you have got to go through the standing leg and the potential for injury there is clearly evident."

"You only have to see how Conor just managed to lift his foot in that first 25 seconds, otherwise if his foot is anchored he's going to blow his knee out, potential ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), MCL (medial), the whole shebang.

"It is the past. It will be incredibly intense, incredibly combative but I certainly don't anticipate anything like that happening."

Ronan O'Gara

''He was targeted by Glasgow last Saturday and that’s alright in the context of everything being fair in love and war etc. But going after someone totally exposed with one foot planted is a disappointing low in rugby and something I view as absolutely scandalous and appalling — and I have a fair idea of what I am talking about in this area.

I did my cruciate against the Dragons in 2005 from that exact sort of challenge. The out-half, because of the amount of kicking, is obviously vulnerable, but when you are a nine, box- kicking a metre or two from the ruck, you’re in a vulnerable place when it comes to this sort of behaviour.

I’m not sure people fully appreciate how vulnerable a box kicker is in those circumstances. To execute that properly, all the pressure is on his pivot foot and there is a premeditated decision to attack his standing leg. The consequences could be horrendous. It’s not sneaky, it’s atrociously dangerous.

A late tackle on a single, exposed leg — you can build up the knee area as much as you want, do all the balance and prehab work as proposed, but there’s no defence to that. If that was me in Scotstoun, I’d have kicked out. Murray did extremely well to keep it together.''


avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm

Riskysports wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Riskysports wrote:Even the picture shows a perfectly legal tackle, with shoulder on the hip, JUST after the ball has been kicked

I will also ask WHY IS THIS BEING BROUGHT UP AGAIN BY THE COACH TO THE PRESS WEEKS AND WEEKS LATER

It really is a disgrace and I think there should be a citing for them for telling fibs - and going on about it with no proof

(Sorry, this sort of media court really bugs me - it is why our whole Darn world is where it is)

MUST CALM DOWN NOW

When you have calmed down, can you answer the questions I posed above about whether it is a dangerous tactic.

No - it isn't

It is called a tackle. It was timed as he was kicking. It went round his hip (So not his standing leg - photo evidence on the article)

And it would stop him bluffing a kick and running


I will ask you a question back :-)

Do you think it is right accuse someone of deliberately, premeditated, coaches told them to do it TO INJURY is right, honorable or even decent - with no proof what so ever

Is he running for the White house??

See my last post which quotes everything has been said.  I think you are trying to deflect on the real issue here - is the tactic that Glasgow are using dangerous or not?


Last edited by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Eejit on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

Right, well moving swiftly on from the conspiracy theory portion of the day, Glasgow have announced travel info including charter flight and a bus.

www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/17/01/27/saracens-v-glasgow-warriors-ticketing-and-travel-update

Eejit

Posts : 267
Join date : 2015-02-24
Location : London, via Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:53 pm

Sin é wrote:I think you are reading a bit much into what was said. Worth reposting what was actually said.


Conor Murray quotes:
''I’m properly pissed off about that,” Murray said. “I don’t see any benefit in charging down someone’s standing leg, I only see it as a danger or as a potential to get injured.

“I don’t think it’s a good tactic. You could put another label on that type of tactic, but they did it to us at Thomond Park [in the European tie on October 22]. They got our scrum-half Te [Aihe Toma] with it in the league game [at Scotstoun on December 2] and they almost got me a couple of times.

“So, luckily, my leg came out of the ground and I managed to fall over, but if my leg stayed in the ground — especially in that (4G) surface — you’re looking at syndesmosis [joint damage], you’re looking at cruciate [ligament damage].

“I’m not blaming the players. I don’t know who told them to do it - (So he IS saying it they were TOLD to do it - PROOF PLEASE) , but it’s dangerous. It’s very dangerous and, thankfully, I didn’t get injured, but if I had have been injured, I would have been going on more of a rant (Really this is not a witch hunt rant?).”

“I’ve no problem with people going after you; you know, ‘I’m trying to rattle you’ and all that, but when the only... I just can’t see a way of that being legal - (he tackled your hip - it is called rugby) or any way that could lead to a charge down or a tackle. The ball is long gone from my hands (It just left his hand) and I just think it’s really dangerous and it will end up with someone getting properly injured by it.”

---------

Munster assistant coach Jerry Flannery revealed during an in-game interview with Sky Sports that the officials, led by referee Luke Pearce, had been asked to keep an eye on the Warriors tactics regarding the scrum-half. -(And yet, even being asked to look at it THEY SAW NOTHING WRONG)

-----

Commentary during the match (Murray Kinsella is an ex-player who had to retire due to injury).

@Murray_Kinsella
Never any real prospect of a blockdown or tackle here.
Late and extremely dangerous on Conor Murray's standing leg. [1/2]

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/conor-murray-on-dangerous-glasgow-approach--im-properly-pissed-off-about-that-439752.html

-----

Joe Schmidt

"It was fairly public that there was dissatisfaction and I totally understand Conor being disappointed with how it happened. You can't charge a ball down from the blindside, you have got to go through the standing leg and the potential for injury there is clearly evident."

"You only have to see how Conor just managed to lift his foot in that first 25 seconds, otherwise if his foot is anchored he's going to blow his knee out, potential ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), MCL (medial), the whole shebang.

"It is the past. It will be incredibly intense, incredibly combative but I certainly don't anticipate anything like that happening."

Ronan O'Gara

''He was targeted by Glasgow last Saturday and that’s alright in the context of everything being fair in love and war etc. But going after someone totally exposed with one foot planted (so if someone has a foot in the air, you can not tackle them?? - it was a tackle on the hip) is a disappointing low in rugby and something I view as absolutely scandalous and appalling — and I have a fair idea of what I am talking about in this area (yes we do too - after blaming a Scotsman of trying to 'murder' him - then finding out it was his own player than made him black out :-).

I did my cruciate against the Dragons in 2005 from that exact sort of challenge. The out-half, because of the amount of kicking, is obviously vulnerable, but when you are a nine, box- kicking a metre or two from the ruck, you’re in a vulnerable place when it comes to this sort of behaviour.

I’m not sure people fully appreciate how vulnerable a box kicker is in those circumstances. To execute that properly, all the pressure is on his pivot foot and there is a premeditated decision to attack his standing leg. The consequences could be horrendous. It’s not sneaky, it’s atrociously dangerous.

A late tackle on a single, exposed leg (on his hip) — you can build up the knee area as much as you want, do all the balance and prehab work as proposed, but there’s no defence to that. If that was me in Scotstoun, I’d have kicked out. Murray did extremely well to keep it together.''



R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:56 pm

Anyway, I am just a little concerned players using the media to stir up trouble

And the fact all nations are doing it more

Sad times

R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 2:59 pm

Not sure what you are trying to do there, but I can't see too much wrong with anything they said and you continue to deflect from the real issue which is:

DO YOU THINK IT IS DANGEROUS TO TACKLE SOMEONE ON THEIR BLINDSIDE WHILE STANDING ON ONE FOOT?

WHAT IS TO BE GAINED BY TACKLING MURRAY FROM HIS BLINDSIDE WHEN HE HAS KICKED THE BALL AWAY IN ANOTHER DIRECTION.

avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:01 pm

It's going to potentially rattle him and make him play worse.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 12283
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:02 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing concerns in the press etc and Murray was clearly upset but it isn't against the laws. It also let's everyone else know he could be distracted or even react to it.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 12283
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:07 pm

Sin é wrote:Not sure what you are trying to do there, but I can't see too much wrong with anything they said and you continue to deflect from the real issue which is: - I have answered several times your question - and what I see wrong is accusing people of premeditated plans to injure, without proof - if you have not issues with that, fair enough

DO YOU THINK IT IS DANGEROUS TO TACKLE SOMEONE ON THEIR BLINDSIDE WHILE STANDING ON ONE FOOT? - No. You often tackle people from their blind side. Do you really expect people to always tackle straight on?

And No - if it is a fair tackle, does not matter if on one foot or two (just not in the air). It was a fair tackle on the hip

WHAT IS TO BE GAINED BY TACKLING MURRAY FROM HIS BLINDSIDE WHEN HE HAS KICKED THE BALL AWAY IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. - WWhat if he decided to run with it - many times people bluff the kick to run. It also put pressure on the kicker (legally) as they have to rush it - the ball had just left


I have and i will again answer


And remember the asked the ref to look out for it. The ref, TMO and citing commission seemed to think there was nothing wrong



R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:14 pm

Eejit wrote:Right, well moving swiftly on from the conspiracy theory portion of the day, Glasgow have announced travel info including charter flight and a bus.

www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/17/01/27/saracens-v-glasgow-warriors-ticketing-and-travel-update

£220 for a flight, £68 for the bus and £45 per person for the hotel. Doesn't include ticket prices.

Can any Weegies afford to go?

Wink

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15375
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 36
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by RDW_Scotland on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

£220 for a flight from Glasgow to London?? You're being ripped off!

£68 for a bus?!

What is funny is that the hotel room is the cheapest thing in that - can only imagine what the hotel will be like!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20428
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:29 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:£220 for a flight from Glasgow to London?? You're being ripped off!

£68 for a bus?!

What is funny is that the hotel room is the cheapest thing in that - can only imagine what the hotel will be like!

It says "per person" rather than "per room". I'd be checking how many guests per toilet personally.

I know they say Weegies are all very friendly.......

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15375
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 36
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:34 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:£220 for a flight from Glasgow to London?? You're being ripped off!

£68 for a bus?!

What is funny is that the hotel room is the cheapest thing in that - can only imagine what the hotel will be like!

It says "per person" rather than "per room". I'd be checking how many guests per toilet personally.

I know they say Weegies are all very friendly.......

Going to cost you a fortune with all your staff

R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

Riskysports wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:£220 for a flight from Glasgow to London?? You're being ripped off!

£68 for a bus?!

What is funny is that the hotel room is the cheapest thing in that - can only imagine what the hotel will be like!

It says "per person" rather than "per room". I'd be checking how many guests per toilet personally.

I know they say Weegies are all very friendly.......

Going to cost you a fortune with all your staff

I think I'll take corporate hospitality for this one. Don't want to mix with Glasgow supporters.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15375
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 36
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by R!skysports on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 3:57 pm

When to the actual tickets go on sale then?

R!skysports

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by IanBru on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 4:05 pm

Riskysports wrote:When to the actual tickets go on sale then?
According to Warriors, there will be news on tickets next week. If it goes with the Leicester program, Glasgow will have an allocation, from which season ticket holders will have early access. Anything left will go on sale on the Glasgow ticket website. At the same time, Saracens will have the tickets for the entire stadium for sale on their website (how I got my tickets for Welford Road).
avatar
IanBru

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 28
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by funnyExiledScot on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 4:19 pm

IanBru wrote:
Riskysports wrote:When to the actual tickets go on sale then?
According to Warriors, there will be news on tickets next week. If it goes with the Leicester program, Glasgow will have an allocation, from which season ticket holders will have early access. Anything left will go on sale on the Glasgow ticket website. At the same time, Saracens will have the tickets for the entire stadium for sale on their website (how I got my tickets for Welford Road).

I'm concerned about the capacity to find space for the fans AND Maro Itoje's ego. Something will have to give.

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 15375
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 36
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sin é on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

Riskysports wrote:
Sin é wrote:Not sure what you are trying to do there, but I can't see too much wrong with anything they said and you continue to deflect from the real issue which is: - I have answered several times your question - and what I see wrong is accusing people of premeditated plans to injure, without proof - if you have not issues with that, fair enough

DO YOU THINK IT IS DANGEROUS TO TACKLE SOMEONE ON THEIR BLINDSIDE WHILE STANDING ON ONE FOOT? - No. You often tackle people from their blind side. Do you really expect people to always tackle straight on?

And No - if it is a fair tackle, does not matter if on one foot or two (just not in the air). It was a fair tackle on the hip

WHAT IS TO BE GAINED BY TACKLING MURRAY FROM HIS BLINDSIDE WHEN HE HAS KICKED THE BALL AWAY IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. - WWhat if he decided to run with it - many times people bluff the kick to run. It also put pressure on the kicker (legally) as they have to rush it - the ball had just left


I have and i will again answer

And remember the asked the ref to look out for it. The ref, TMO and citing commission seemed to think there was nothing wrong


If you think there is nothing wrong with the tactic or the tackle I don't get why you are so bothered about what Murray says, as according to you, its a legitmate tactic and a legitimate tackle Very Happy

You guys are protesting too much.
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12938
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow: Ongoing Banter Thread XIV (It's still personal)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum