The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubank Jr ITV PPV

+33
TheMarvelousOne
owen10ozzy
Steffan
Mr Bounce
Happytravelling
Hammersmith harrier
Mochyn du
marty2086
Derbymanc
qc2
Neil O\'Donnell
ShahenshahG
TopHat24/7
smashingstormcrow
neilodonnell
rob-glos
BallchinianMuffwig
Rowley
catchweight
Valero's Conscience
TRUSSMAN66
The Mighty G
compelling and rich
Guest82
hazharrison
EX7EY
milkyboy
Pedro147
lfc91
Herman Jaeger
mobilemaster8
BoxingFan88
wheelchair1991
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eubank Jr ITV PPV Empty Eubank Jr ITV PPV

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 13 Dec - 19:33

Yes you read that correctly, in early 2017 Chris Eubank Jr is going to be on ITV PPV against Renold Quinlan for the IBO super middleweight strap.

Discuss

This is really taking the **** in my view

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Eubank Jr ITV PPV Empty Re: Eubank Jr ITV PPV

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 20:17

Agree - this is ridiculous!

PPV used to be for marquee fighters and fights. Now everybody wants to get in on the act - short termism and greed is killing this sport.

How about offering fights on normal TV to promote the sport to a larger audience - that's how the sport gains in popularity. It seems not one person in boxing cares about it's future.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 13 Dec - 20:20

Spot on

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 13 Dec - 22:37

LMFAO I just read this on Facebook

HAHAHAHAHAHA

What is he playing at?

Big night of boxing?

LOL

It won't kill the sport if no one is stupid enough to buy it, if that's the headline can't imagine how bad the undercard will be!

All running scared of GGG, never seen a fighter ducked so much

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 14 Dec - 0:08

Oh. My. God

What is this? Its has to be a joke. The IBO belt?! Quinlan?! ITV....Pay Per View?

In what world is Eubank a PPV fighter? How is this a legitimate world title fight.

Genuinely the guy is a bum..knows he can't mix it at top level...calls out all the big names and avoids them...and has enough arrogance to think he is PPV. Demands Hearn to put him on the big card...and has now gone and mixed with a free channel and made them introduce a PPV add on to show him fight a fookin nobody?!

This will be worse than Scott Quigg when he won his in the ring with a draw against nobody.

Absolute joke.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 14 Dec - 9:33

So they think Junior is a ppv fighter now just cos they mentioned Golovkin's name

This is up there with Eddie Hearn's level of low quality ppv  joke opponent for ppv

Real delusion on the part of team Eubank and I hope it turns fans away

Maybe Eubank Sr doesn't have as much belief in his son as he makes out who knows won't be buying this won't be watching shame really the kid's worth following but I don't like English's disregard for the fans

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 14 Dec - 9:37

No thanks.

Was a fan of Eubank, like his style and thought he had enough talent to at least grab an ABC. Won't be watching again if he thinks he should get PPV for this type of fight.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 14 Dec - 9:44

Is it true also that ITV want a whopping £22 or £25 HD?

That can't be right surely this is beyond cynical all round

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 14 Dec - 9:52

I hope this absolutely bombs. I think that this is almost insulting to people putting it on PPV. They could've at least put a few free cards on first to try and build his profile. I've a feeling we'll see less and less fights being made.

You'll soon have Sky Sports/Sky Sports PPV, BT/Boxnation/PPV and now ITV PPV. Any decent fight now is going to be PPV and there's a potential that there'll be 10-12 PPV cards per year in the near future. And the only free to air fights will be rubbish undercard fights. Don't mean that in a bad way as I know they can be good fights with the fighters earning little money but any meaningful or title fight will soon be PPV.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 14 Dec - 9:57

mobilemaster8 wrote:Oh. My. God

What is this? Its has to be a joke. The IBO belt?! Quinlan?! ITV....Pay Per View?

In what world is Eubank a PPV fighter? How is this a legitimate world title fight.

Genuinely the guy is a bum..knows he can't mix it at top level...calls out all the big names and avoids them...and has enough arrogance to think he is PPV. Demands Hearn to put him on the big card...and has now gone and mixed with a free channel and made them introduce a PPV add on to show him fight a fookin nobody?!

This will be worse than Scott Quigg when he won his in the ring with a draw against nobody.

Absolute joke.

Had to google the guy. Cornflakes belt. Laughable.

Moby, While I share many of your frustrations over junior, I don't imagine he made itv introduce a Ppv add-on! Suspect you'll find they're launching a channel and figured he's a marketable name, not tied to Hearn.

We could do with some Ppv's tanking. At the moment you can pick two guys off the street, call it a grudge and make it Ppv. These things are cyclical, people will eventually get bored... maybe the more we get in a short space of time the sooner it will happen, and promoters will have to make real fights again. Unfortunately, for now perception outweighs reality and the blissfully uninformed may well be happy to watch the great chris Eubank junior fight for a 'world title' providing they get all the sideshows and accoutrements that go with it.

Boxing in the U.K is no longer a sport for 'fans' it's Saturday night entertainment for the masses. It's frustrating but that's a free market economy at work and bitching about won't change it... not that it stops me obviously!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Wed 14 Dec - 10:46

This is why it gets right on my nerves when people defend garbage PPV by saying 'just don't buy iy then'. It's a bad attitude. We want the sport to be popular do we not? And it's not going to be popular if you end up with 10 PPV shows a year at an average of say £18. £180 a year, plus your normal subscriptions to watch a sport? It's a joke. For some of us, boxing is our number one sport and we are getting absolutely shafted because it's a sport that the majority of people like to dip in and out of. Most people just buy in to the event as opposed to actually following boxing. The only thing I will say about Eddies PPV sham on Saturday is that aside from the main event, the card as a whole made for good viewing and there were a lot of hours worth of entertainment. I think if the Burton Buglioni and Whyte Chisora fights didn't pan out the way they did it could quite easily have left an extremely sour taste though, except for the people that are smart enough to watch without buying, of course Wink

This is an absolute farce. As a fighter I quite like watching Eubank, he's spiteful and rough around the edges which makes for good viewing, or would have done had he took it to the next level. But instead of fulfilling his potential and trying to go somewhere in the sport all he and his idiot father are interested in is making easy money.

I like the idea of other networks trying to get in on the boxing scene. You would think that competition would make things better for the fans, apparently not. IBO belt, what an absolute farce. It's beyond a joke.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 14 Dec - 10:51

I gather this will be the 4th promoter and 4th TV channel Eubank will have worked with in three fights.

They've burned a lot of bridges and I doubt Warren or Hearn would work with them now. They'll probably have better options at 168 and will be aiming for Degale due to the hilarious "beef" they had, when Senior made Junior vault the top rope to do a bit of sparring (and act like a general walloper during the session).

I've stopped second guessing boxing's market. I never would have imagined Froch could have filled Wembley, Haye could have pulled in so many viewers on Dave fighting a bodybuilder who'd learned to box on YouTube or Floyd Mayweather would become an attraction. So maybe Eubank will do amazing on ITV?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 14 Dec - 10:58

They should be building his fan base at this stage bad move from team Eubank imo what to$$er has put them up to this

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed 14 Dec - 11:07

I can't see them even covering their marketing with the sales.

The hardcore fans know it is a rubbish fight and he's not even that recognisable to the casuals.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 14 Dec - 11:11

I actually think there'd be higher PPV figures if Eubank Senior made a comeback.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 14 Dec - 11:23

Guest82 wrote:I can't see them even covering their marketing with the sales.  

The hardcore fans know it is a rubbish fight and he's not even that recognisable to the casuals.  

They'all just use the promo slots either side of ads on shows that are relevant to their target audience in the weeks running up to the fight. It's no real 'spend' to itv. Sky have created a model where their 'boxing' shows... ringside, gloves off etc, are their advertising. Nice work when you can get people to vuluntarily watch your adverts without them realising that's what they're doing.

Itv have bigger audiences but I doubt they have an appetite for the 'warm up' shows.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 14 Dec - 12:53

Just a thought but do you think there's a market there milky for ITV to knock out ppv's for a fiver you know just the price of a beer and a packet of crisps?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 14 Dec - 13:01

Lost respect for Eubanks though if this is their way of ducking Golovkin

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 14 Dec - 13:23

EX7EY wrote:This is why it gets right on my nerves when people defend garbage PPV by saying 'just don't buy iy then'. It's a bad attitude. We want the sport to be popular do we not? And it's not going to be popular if you end up with 10 PPV shows a year at an average of say £18. £180 a year, plus your normal subscriptions to watch a sport? It's a joke. For some of us, boxing is our number one sport and we are getting absolutely shafted because it's a sport that the majority of people like to dip in and out of. Most people just buy in to the event as opposed to actually following boxing. The only thing I will say about Eddies PPV sham on Saturday is that aside from the main event, the card as a whole made for good viewing and there were a lot of hours worth of entertainment. I think if the Burton Buglioni and Whyte Chisora fights didn't pan out the way they did it could quite easily have left an extremely sour taste though, except for the people that are smart enough to watch without buying, of course Wink

This is an absolute farce. As a fighter I quite like watching Eubank, he's spiteful and rough around the edges which makes for good viewing, or would have done had he took it to the next level. But instead of fulfilling his potential and trying to go somewhere in the sport all he and his idiot father are interested in is making easy money.

I like the idea of other networks trying to get in on the boxing scene. You would think that competition would make things better for the fans, apparently not. IBO belt, what an absolute farce. It's beyond a joke.

See this card is an exception, it should be slammed

Unless of course people buy it and enjoy it like they did last Saturday, at the end of the day boxing is entertainment

I have heard loads of people saying that the card on Saturday was well worth the money

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 14 Dec - 13:27

Just read ITV will be showing a card from Preston on Jan 21.

All arranged via Richard Poxon - who I'm sure I read was Al Haymon's man in the UK. Could be a new PBC movement in the works.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Wed 14 Dec - 14:17

BF88, to be fair I do agree that a nights worth of entertainment for £16.95 isn't that bad in the grand scheme. The issue arises more due to the fact that when you are already paying for sky sports and then they want more on top for something that really should be a regular card it jsut starts to take the p!ss after a while.

If the only way to look at it is as a nights worth of entertainment for £16.95 then regular boxing cards may as well just be scrapped and just put all boxing on PPV.

I wouldn't put it past Eddie to try and get a Whyte Vs Chisora rematch on PPV as a main event after what happened on Saturday. In fact it would not surprise me in the least.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 14 Dec - 17:52

EX7EY wrote:BF88, to be fair I do agree that a nights worth of entertainment for £16.95 isn't that bad in the grand scheme. The issue arises more due to the fact that when you are already paying for sky sports and then they want more on top for something that really should be a regular card it jsut starts to take the p!ss after a while.

If the only way to look at it is as a nights worth of entertainment for £16.95 then regular boxing cards may as well just be scrapped and just put all boxing on PPV.

I wouldn't put it past Eddie to try and get a Whyte Vs Chisora rematch on PPV as a main event after what happened on Saturday. In fact it would not surprise me in the least.

But not everyone who buys Box Office has Sky

You get boxing on Sky as well as international cards sometimes

But Sky Sports offers more

I agree that the quality needs to step up though

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 17 Dec - 12:20

can see this doing terribly in the build up, and a training injury coming in to force it being moved. awful idea

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mighty G Fri 6 Jan - 20:43

I'm hearing fairly valid/trustworthy rumours that this is off because ITV have pulled out and they can't find another broadcaster

Will update once/if I hear more.

Not a massive surprise I would say?
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Fri 6 Jan - 21:31

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/renold-quinlan-prepared-pull-out-9573128

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mighty G Fri 6 Jan - 21:34

totally different angle/source/story Pedro but no smoke without fire perhaps?
The Mighty G
The Mighty G

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 6 Jan - 22:02

The fight poster is a bigger joke than the fight

Doesn't even have the champion on it

Eubank is a disrespectful clown

Anyone who buys it for a quid should question their life choices

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 6 Jan - 22:32

Eubank Sr was a staple on ITV if memory serves correctly...

They are trying to bypass the demanding fan and are hoping the Eubank name resonates...

If it is a success the chance of seeing any half decent boxing without forking out extra is pretty slim in the future...

Like Clev v Bellew......It's a test the water promotion..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 6 Jan - 23:31

https://imgur.com/EsNBma0

Just an embarrassment to British boxing

So shameful

Bet Snr had full control of what that looked like

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 7 Jan - 0:02

Hahaha quality.

Certainly won't be watching this. Will catch up on here once it's done. Won't last 6 rounds with Eubank completely outclassing this guy. Will genuinely be like a journeyman fight.

Shame and Sham for boxing.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Sat 7 Jan - 12:43

The fight is fine if an it is an undercard fight below a bigger fight.

Worse if a main event on terrestrial TV;

Terrible if PPV;

Damn right disgusting to be more than any other PPV in the UK!!!!

Never liked Jnr's attitude since he came on the seen, has only got worse with all bigb promoters falling out with him.

When he looks back on his career in 10 years time he will woefully regret his choices and being too close to his Dad who is not qualified for what he is doing.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 7 Jan - 18:50

In fairness to Eubank he is marketable...Lost to the only world class operator he has met and was then offered 3/5 million or so for GGG..

Maybe this promotion will surprise us all..If it goes ahead...We know there are plenty of Gullible Gordons around.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 7 Jan - 23:55

Eubank Sr is a major liability. Behind the sophisticated act hes not a smart man. He squandered all his money and now hes tanking his sons career with all the major promotional outfits.

Eubank Jr needs to go it alone.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 8 Jan - 8:37

BoxingFan88 wrote:The fight poster is a bigger joke than the fight

Doesn't even have the champion on it

Eubank is a disrespectful clown

Anyone who buys it for a quid should question their life choices

My God we're in trouble if we're referring to this guy as a champion aren't we?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 8 Jan - 9:17

just using the terms written on the poster

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 8 Jan - 11:09

This whole promotion is odd. Piecing together the rumours on twitter it appears the undercard is on ITV4 with only the main event on PPV. Obviously good for us fans if we do get to see the undercard for free but an odd decision, when you're a bit on the fence about buying a PPV the strength of the undercard can sometimes be a determining factor, giving it away stops that being the case for this. You are limiting yourself exclusively to people who believe Eubank Quinlan is worth paying for, I suspect that number will be fairly limited.

The irony is the undercard is shaping up OK, Ryder Etches is chief support apparently and that's a very decent fight. Have to suspect this as a PPV is going to bomb, and dearly hope it does. Broadcasters need to get the message that no matter what they believe boxing fans will not just buy anything.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 8 Jan - 11:47

On ppv

Either you have a mega fight main event

Or something like the magnificent 7 where there was at least meant to be 7 great fights

Only those two options really make sense to buy

It's going to crash and burn

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 8 Jan - 12:01

Bit worrying for fans over here if the disgrace known as the BBBC are recognising IBO type belts.

All we need are Hearn/Warren types sniffing out more easy belts for fighters of the calibre of Brian Rose..

That's if there are any Warren fighters that aren't number one in the WBO rankings.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 8 Jan - 12:13

Haha well yeah

Casual fans might go for it....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun 8 Jan - 13:31

So does this mean jnrs going to be up at SMW from now on? Someone chuck him in with Callum Smith please

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 8 Jan - 13:42

If Jr gets decent numbers....He won't be fighting anybody with a pulse for years..

The IBO will be in sanction fee heaven and Sr knows all about bum of the month..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 8 Jan - 16:19

Good fights at 168 for Jr

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 9 Jan - 17:58

Rowley wrote:This whole promotion is odd. Piecing together the rumours on twitter it appears the undercard is on ITV4 with only the main event on PPV.  Obviously good for us fans if we do get to see the undercard for free but an odd decision, when you're a bit on the fence about buying a PPV the strength of the undercard can sometimes be a determining factor, giving it away stops that being the case for this. You are limiting yourself exclusively to people who believe Eubank Quinlan is worth paying for, I suspect that number will be fairly limited.

The irony is the undercard is shaping up OK, Ryder Etches is chief support apparently and that's a very decent fight. Have to suspect this as a PPV is going to bomb, and dearly hope it does. Broadcasters need to get the message that no matter what they believe boxing fans will not just buy anything.

Loving Etches vs Ryder - real crunch match for both. Have to fancy Ryder in that one (but I'll be shouting for Etches - lovely kid).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 9 Jan - 18:11

Apparently the ppv is 12.95

Wouldn't pay 12p

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 9 Jan - 18:47

So they've dropped the price, not surprising!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue 10 Jan - 12:22

Confirmed that the undercard will be on ITV4.

PPV for Eubank Jr fight.
So £13 to watch a mismatch for a joke title.

Nah, but thanks for the free undercard.

Kudos to Eubank Sr though... he has absolutely rinsed ITV

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 10 Jan - 12:45

Strange strange move putting the undercard on free to air and Jr on PPV. The fights worth watching are on the undercard haha. Christian Hammer is not a bad rebuilding fight for Pryce and Ryder Etches is a good fight. The Eubanks are madly deluded.

They've made it so blatantly obvious that all they are trying to do is ride on the back of Eubank Sr's name and bring in the complete casual sports fan.

If they would have done this properly i would have applauded it, trying to carve their own way into the market instead of going in via sky and Hearn or BT and Warren. Competition should be a good thing especially where boxing is concerned. So if they had jr in against somebody half decent and on free to air in order to build the platform a bit you could say it's admirable in a way. But when you are blatantly just ripping people off like this it's beyond disgraceful.

Is that poster legit? And is that Eubank sr in the background??? It sure has to be a joke poster that! Can't beleive even Sr would put himself on the poster when the 'champion' doesn't even get on it haha.

Ideal scenario for me now is that the undercard does very good numbers and then the PPV does a fraction of it. That would be a massive kick in the sack for the Eubanks and it would force ITV to rethink the whole thing.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 10 Jan - 13:03

I think to be fair, they scoured google images but couldn't find a photo of the 'champion'... and they didn't have his mother's phone number to get one

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue 10 Jan - 13:05

It's being held in the national hall at Olympia.
According to the Olympia website that has a seated capacity of 2000.

Tickets available in blocks of 10 just about everywhere on see tickets.
Fight is in 3 weeks... has it been advertised on ITV yet?

This is going to be a car crash. Very Happy

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Tue 10 Jan - 13:49

rob-glos wrote:It's being held in the national hall at Olympia.
According to the Olympia website that has a seated capacity of 2000.

Tickets available in blocks of 10 just about everywhere on see tickets.
Fight is in 3 weeks... has it been advertised on ITV yet?

This is going to be a car crash. Very Happy

It's surreal that a huge national broadcaster like ITV thinks this is the way to go about promoting a PPV boxing event. It's absolute madness in fact. Surely somebody involved int he sports department at ITV must know what they are doing, how have they not put the brakes on this yet?

i wonder what they deem to be a justifiable number of PPV buys? I'm not well up on the money side of boxing I'll confess so I wouldn;t even like to guess what jr or Quinlin are to be paid but I can't see this doing more than 50k PPV buys and that generates something like £647500 in revenue, ticket sales obviously can't generate much, advertising is anybodies guess. So when all said and done where is the purse money for this fight coming from and how are they actually making any money???

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next