New Tackle Laws

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 10:43 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/new-laws-to-clamp-down-on-high-tackles-could-prove-revolutionary-in-rugby-1.2924256

A lot of people concerned about the new tackle laws. My biggest concern is that it gives referees too much power to decide on intent.

I fear that his will just be another excuse for Wayne Barnes to penalise Ireland unfairly and potentially issue us more yellow cards when we play Wales. I don't trust him to apply the rules consistently or fairly.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down


New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 9:12 pm

nathan wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Haskell goes in low and gets knocked out: Poor-Tackle-Haskell

Expect to see an increase of this type of injury.

Goes in low? His head hit Burns rib cage, wouldn't say it was that low just bad technique

It was still low, as opposed to high. And yes, it was bad technique. I said as much.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 2:02 am

Great. Now hometown broadcasters will have even more opportunity to skew a game to their team's advantage. Any hint of head contact by the opposition will be shown over and over and over for the crowd until the TMO or referee bites. Some away teams will go down to 10 men. If WR are going to pander to all the mums and mummies boys out there then they must look at implementing replay rules at grounds.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 8:53 am

ebop wrote:Great. Now hometown broadcasters will have even more opportunity to skew a game to their team's advantage. Any hint of head contact by the opposition will be shown over and over and over for the crowd until the TMO or referee bites.  Some away teams will go down to 10 men. If WR are going to pander to all the mums and mummies boys out there then they must look at implementing replay rules at grounds.

Dont worry the rules will not apply to New Zealand.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 8:58 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Great. Now hometown broadcasters will have even more opportunity to skew a game to their team's advantage. Any hint of head contact by the opposition will be shown over and over and over for the crowd until the TMO or referee bites.  Some away teams will go down to 10 men. If WR are going to pander to all the mums and mummies boys out there then they must look at implementing replay rules at grounds.

Dont worry the rules will not apply to New Zealand.
Wouldn't bother me if they did

It's the desperadoes elsewhere where it'd need strict policing

Like Ireland for example
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:01 am

NZ will be one of the qst teams to adapt to different tackling. They like to push the rules but don't like getting pinged for breaking them too much.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:01 am

Desperados? What does that mean?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:05 am

Portuguese for desperate
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:11 am

ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:12 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:22 am

ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.


GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:27 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:30 am

Probably won't go unpenalised any longer. So all good.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:30 am

ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised

Considering Sam Cane was cleared and WR then released a statement saying ANY contact with head is foul play it seems there is double standards

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:34 am

marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised

Considering Sam Cane was cleared and WR then released a statement saying ANY contact with head is foul play it seems there is double standards
And yet Sexton can attempt a try saving head high tackle and......nothing
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:38 am

ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised

Considering Sam Cane was cleared and WR then released a statement saying ANY contact with head is foul play it seems there is double standards
And yet Sexton can attempt a try saving head high tackle and......nothing

The shoulder is below the head so maybe they just have a grasp of anatomy unlike you Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:40 am

Sextons tackle didnt make contact with Barret's head initially and wasn't particularly dangerous.  There was literally no head movement from Barrett in the tackle as Sexton hit the shoulder as he tried to knock the ball out of Barrett's hands.

Any contact with Barrett's head was about as significant as a head massage. Yes, it was potentially a penalty as you cant tackle that high however, not sure how kiwis can whinge about this on one hand and ignore how much real (not imaginary) impact there was to Henshaw's head in the tackle by Cane, intentional or not.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:43 am

marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised

Considering Sam Cane was cleared and WR then released a statement saying ANY contact with head is foul play it seems there is double standards
And yet Sexton can attempt a try saving head high tackle and......nothing

The shoulder is below the head so maybe they just have a grasp of anatomy unlike you Rolling Eyes
And maybe you can't read

"contact also applies to grabbing and rolling or twisting around the head/neck area even if the contact starts below the line of the shoulders"
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:46 am

Guns, you're the one whinging about ABs being above the law

I'm whinging about biased host broadcasters affecting the outcome of games and this new rule providing them with a new tool to exploit

And they will

Any teeny weeny little head tap will be blown out of All proportions


Last edited by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:47 am

ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised

Considering Sam Cane was cleared and WR then released a statement saying ANY contact with head is foul play it seems there is double standards
And yet Sexton can attempt a try saving head high tackle and......nothing

The shoulder is below the head so maybe they just have a grasp of anatomy unlike you Rolling Eyes
And maybe you can't read

"contact also applies to grabbing and rolling or twisting around the head/neck area even if the contact starts below the line of the shoulders"

Then whats your problem? Barrett was neither twisted or rolled or are you going to try to redefine that too?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:50 am

marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised

Considering Sam Cane was cleared and WR then released a statement saying ANY contact with head is foul play it seems there is double standards
And yet Sexton can attempt a try saving head high tackle and......nothing

The shoulder is below the head so maybe they just have a grasp of anatomy unlike you Rolling Eyes
And maybe you can't read

"contact also applies to grabbing and rolling or twisting around the head/neck area even if the contact starts below the line of the shoulders"

Then whats your problem? Barrett was neither twisted or rolled or are you going to try to redefine that too?
It's official

You can't read
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:52 am

ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:Portuguese for desperate

Haha, how are Ireland desperate?
Why won't rules apply to New Zealand?

because over the years there have been many instances where referees could have given the ABs a red card based on precedent, the rules, consistency etc. but haven't. Just because they are the biggest brand in rugby doesn't mean that they should be subject to more lenient rulings. However, they are.

That's just sour grapes guns

Could list an equally long list of unpenalised offences against the ABs

Elbows to heads, head high tackles, eye gouges etc etc

All unpenalised

Considering Sam Cane was cleared and WR then released a statement saying ANY contact with head is foul play it seems there is double standards
And yet Sexton can attempt a try saving head high tackle and......nothing

The shoulder is below the head so maybe they just have a grasp of anatomy unlike you Rolling Eyes
And maybe you can't read

"contact also applies to grabbing and rolling or twisting around the head/neck area even if the contact starts below the line of the shoulders"

Then whats your problem? Barrett was neither twisted or rolled or are you going to try to redefine that too?
It's official

You can't read

No I think youll find you can't

For it to be a penalty grabbing the neck alone isn't a penalty you you have to grab AND(that's the key word) twist or roll

Get it now?

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:53 am

The Sexton thing was a try anyway.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 9:59 am

marty2086 wrote:No I think youll find you can't

For it to be a penalty grabbing the neck alone isn't a penalty you you have to grab AND(that's the key word) twist or roll

Get it now?
My humblest of apologies

It turns out I was barking up the wrong tree

Sexton didn't grab Barrett's neck/head

He 'clobbered' his head with his forearm
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:02 am

picard He grabbed his neck which you have pointed isn't foul play

So now you go and just make sh*t up? Rolling Eyes

Seems AB fans turn into 4 year olds if you say anything against their team

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:05 am

No

What I actually did was I popped over to YouTube and reacquainted myself with the incident and saw with my own eyes Sexton clobbering Barrett across the head with his forearm

And low and behold

No card???

No penalty???

Did they replay it over and over and over on the big screen?


Last edited by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:08 am

Clobbered. Dear god. Likely be the same outcome now given the try was scored. If it wasn't scored it would be the same outcome before and after, yellow and penalty try. Cane would now be red carded while before its a yellow.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:09 am

ebop wrote:No

What I actually did was I popped over to YouTube and reacquainted myself with the incident and saw with my own eyes Sexton clobbering Barrett across the head with his forearm

Like I said turning into a 4 year old

O <Head
l <Neck

Get it right!

I'd also suggest popping over to dictionary.com and acquainting yourself with the meaning of the word clobber

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:14 am

Come on marty

No need to get all wound up and name call

Go have a look at the tackle, he 'clobbers' Barrett
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:14 am

And it makes no difference before the new rules or after.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:21 am

ebop wrote:Come on marty

No need to get all wound up and name call

Go have a look at the tackle, he 'clobbers' Barrett

Well theres no need to make stuff up but if you get on like a child Ill call you out for being one, pretty simple

The contact was with the neck not the head and to clobber requires force which there wasn't so maybe you just need to grow up

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:22 am

I see marty is making friends again Laugh

Cyril

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:23 am

marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:Come on marty

No need to get all wound up and name call

Go have a look at the tackle, he 'clobbers' Barrett

Well theres no need to make stuff up but if you get on like a child Ill call you out for being one, pretty simple

The contact was with the neck not the head and to clobber requires force which there wasn't so maybe you just need to grow up
Lol

You're an amateur mate
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:25 am

Ebop is just wumming again cyril.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:33 am

No 7.5, I think this new law will be exploited and I have reservations about it even though the intention is good. Marty on the other hand is whipping himself up into a lather on his own accord.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:33 am

seems hes rewriting the dictionary and redefining body parts in an attempt to weakly defend the the holier than thou ABs

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:35 am

ebop wrote:No 7.5, I think this new law will be exploited and I have reservations about it even though the intention is good. Marty on the other hand is whipping himself up into a lather on his own accord.

Excuse me, when pointed out Cane was let of despite the laws you made stuff up

Now you are making sick insinuations?

How very classy of a pathetic individual

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:40 am

Don't think Canes was red and on review wasn't would be now marty.

The way round that ebop is not to tackle high.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:43 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Don't think Canes was red and on review wasn't would be now marty.  

The way round that ebop is not to tackle high.

Under the directives at the time it was a penalty and yellow card at least and WR released a statement saying as much the day after Canes hearing

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:45 am

Yup. Sure red now.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:55 am

marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:No 7.5, I think this new law will be exploited and I have reservations about it even though the intention is good. Marty on the other hand is whipping himself up into a lather on his own accord.

Excuse me, when pointed out Cane was let of despite the laws you made stuff up

Now you are making sick insinuations?

How very classy of a pathetic individual
Meltdown clap
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:18 am

Not helpful ebop.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:21 am

Fair enough 7.5

Lucky I'm a mature 4 year old
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by ebop on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:31 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:The way round that ebop is not to tackle high.
You're absolutely right. Rugby evolves and this is just another step. If there is a loop hole I just need to have faith that it'll get plugged. Hopefully not after a high stakes occasion.
ebop
ebop

Posts : 4904
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:35 am

The way it has been reffed so far is that refs ask the two to review in play or look themselves at a break.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 2:15 pm

ebop wrote:No

What I actually did was I popped over to YouTube and reacquainted myself with the incident and saw with my own eyes Sexton clobbering Barrett across the head with his forearm

And low and behold

No card???

No penalty???

Did they replay it over and over and over on the big screen?

He hardly clobbered Barrett in the head. Barret's head doesn't move an inch in contact. You can also see from other angles that Sexton's hand/arm was on Barrett's shoulder and not neck/head.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 2:18 pm

ebop wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
ebop wrote:No 7.5, I think this new law will be exploited and I have reservations about it even though the intention is good. Marty on the other hand is whipping himself up into a lather on his own accord.

Excuse me, when pointed out Cane was let of despite the laws you made stuff up

Now you are making sick insinuations?

How very classy of a pathetic individual
Meltdown clap

Meltdown?

OK then Cane should have been banned because he took a crowbar to Henshaws head, it was shocking

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by mid_gen on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 3:24 pm

Watching the Parling incident...I don't see how Barritt's swinging arm to the head is any different to the one that got Hartley some time on the sidelines.

Does beg the question how in the hell you tackle someone that's going into contact headfirst with a near horizontal upper body position under the new laws.

mid_gen

Posts : 453
Join date : 2016-10-13

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

mid_gen wrote:Watching the Parling incident...I don't see how Barritt's swinging arm to the head is any different to the one that got Hartley some time on the sidelines.

Does beg the question how in the hell you tackle someone that's going into contact headfirst with a near horizontal upper body position under the new laws.


The biggest difference is Sexton didnt hit Barrett in the head. He hit his shoulder and tried to knock the ball out of Barrett's hands. As they slid forward Sexton gave Barrett the rugby equivalent of a head massage and that was to only point there was any contact with the head.

By contrast Hartley clattered SOB with full force in the back of the head. big difference.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

Barritt not Barrett.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18808
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 3:55 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
mid_gen wrote:Watching the Parling incident...I don't see how Barritt's swinging arm to the head is any different to the one that got Hartley some time on the sidelines.

Does beg the question how in the hell you tackle someone that's going into contact headfirst with a near horizontal upper body position under the new laws.
 

The biggest difference is Sexton didnt hit Barrett in the head. He hit his shoulder and tried to knock the ball out of Barrett's hands. As they slid forward Sexton gave Barrett the rugby equivalent of a head massage and that was to only point there was any contact with the head.

By contrast Hartley clattered SOB with full force in the back of the head. big difference.

Hes talking about a different Barrit, ie Brad

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 4 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum