New Tackle Laws

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 10:43 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/new-laws-to-clamp-down-on-high-tackles-could-prove-revolutionary-in-rugby-1.2924256

A lot of people concerned about the new tackle laws. My biggest concern is that it gives referees too much power to decide on intent.

I fear that his will just be another excuse for Wayne Barnes to penalise Ireland unfairly and potentially issue us more yellow cards when we play Wales. I don't trust him to apply the rules consistently or fairly.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down


New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:46 pm

munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Cyril

Posts : 6756
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by munkian on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:48 pm

Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad
munkian
munkian

Posts : 8456
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 38
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:51 pm

munkian wrote:
Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad
He's a whinger too (and is also fugly). Not sure how squeaky his voice is though.

The Irish just don't like being reffed at the breakdown because they struggle to do it legally. It's good that some refs can see this. You can always hear their players shouting and complaining Crying or Very sad


Last edited by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cyril

Posts : 6756
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:51 pm

munkian wrote:
Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad

If you bothered reading it was his inability to apply the same rules to other teams that are the problem Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:52 pm

marty2086 wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad

If you bothered reading it was his inability to apply the same rules to other teams that are the problem Rolling Eyes
In the opinion of 'some' biased Irish fans it should be emphasised.

Cyril

Posts : 6756
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:53 pm

munkian wrote:
Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad

Mahoney? Isn't that the guy from Police Academy?
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:53 pm

High tackles anyway we know the nzs and irish dint like to be reffed by who.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:53 pm

Its a good thing the England team are so good looking:

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 England-v-Fiji-rugby-world-cup

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2013/04/Dylan-Hartley.jpg


Bahahahaha


Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:54 pm

Cyril wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad

If you bothered reading it was his inability to apply the same rules to other teams that are the problem Rolling Eyes
In the opinion of 'some' biased Irish fans it should be emphasised.

Why don't you grow up, you are incapable of actually talking about an issue you just claim bias ignoring the fact you yourself are biased Rolling Eyes

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:54 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:High tackles anyway we know the nzs and irish dint like to be reffed by who.

What language is that?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

Ha ha, it's now developed into a beauty contest.

Great thread Smile

Cyril

Posts : 6756
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:56 pm

Yeah its getting good now

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:56 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Cyril wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad

If you bothered reading it was his inability to apply the same rules to other teams that are the problem Rolling Eyes
In the opinion of 'some' biased Irish fans it should be emphasised.

Why don't you grow up, you are incapable of actually talking about an issue you just claim bias ignoring the fact you yourself are biased Rolling Eyes
We're all biased. I think that's a given Smile

Barnes isn't biased against Ireland any more than any other ref is biased against any nation.

Cyril

Posts : 6756
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:56 pm

Are we agreeing then that Barnes refs teams based on their looks and how chipmunky they sound, rather than whether they stick to the rules?
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:58 pm

rodders wrote:Are we agreeing then that Barnes refs teams based on their looks and how chipmunky they sound, rather than whether they stick to the rules?
That sounds fair enough clap

Cyril

Posts : 6756
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:59 pm

English guns. Just saying presumably you posted the high tackle rule to talk about it rather than blame your teams ineptitude on a ref.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:02 pm

Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:Are we agreeing then that Barnes refs teams based on their looks and how chipmunky they sound, rather than whether they stick to the rules?
That sounds fair enough clap

Not only is the man a crook, he hates furry little animals, sounds about right. He probably gets a kick out of bullying kids and robbing from the elderly too.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by marty2086 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:03 pm

Cyril wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Cyril wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
munkian wrote:
Cyril wrote:
munkian wrote:Barnes penalises irish players for 'contesting' for the ball whilst leaning on their elbows and Ireland loses its collective mind.
Seeing O'Brien's pudgy little face all screwed up as he bawls at the ref (with his chipmunk voice) is always amusing.

Do you mean Mahoney ? Also known as Wayne Rooney's culchie cousin mad

If you bothered reading it was his inability to apply the same rules to other teams that are the problem Rolling Eyes
In the opinion of 'some' biased Irish fans it should be emphasised.

Why don't you grow up, you are incapable of actually talking about an issue you just claim bias ignoring the fact you yourself are biased Rolling Eyes
We're all biased. I think that's a given Smile

Barnes isn't biased against Ireland any more than any other ref is biased against any nation.

I never said he was I said he guessed his decisions

marty2086

Posts : 11208
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Cyril on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:05 pm

rodders wrote:
Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:Are we agreeing then that Barnes refs teams based on their looks and how chipmunky they sound, rather than whether they stick to the rules?
That sounds fair enough clap

Not only is the man a crook, he hates furry little animals, sounds about right. He probably gets a kick out of bullying kids and robbing from the elderly too.
That's Ringrose and Best shafted then Wink

Cyril

Posts : 6756
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:05 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:English guns. Just saying presumably you posted the high tackle rule to talk about it rather than blame your teams ineptitude on a ref.

Ha was only messing with you though I admit I'm not sure what your were saying.

No Ireland aren't inept. We have  66% win rate under Schmidt or 75% at home and about a 30% or less win rate when Barnes refs.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:10 pm

Which doesn't mean a thing. Wales deserved that win. Barnes was.fine but you wanted to talk on the new rules no?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:14 pm

Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:
Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:Are we agreeing then that Barnes refs teams based on their looks and how chipmunky they sound, rather than whether they stick to the rules?
That sounds fair enough clap

Not only is the man a crook, he hates furry little animals, sounds about right. He probably gets a kick out of bullying kids and robbing from the elderly too.
That's Ringrose and Best shafted then Wink

No doubt, they've got something of a chipmunk about them too.... anyway enough slagging Barnes, I'm off to stick 100 quid on Wales to win by an 86th minute penalty kick to the corner followed by a quick throw in by the ball boy.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:15 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Which doesn't mean a thing. Wales deserved that win. Barnes was.fine but you wanted to talk on the new rules no?

Yeah I dont trust Barnes with the new rules. Gives him too much power to make it up as a goes along.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:21 pm

Barnes never makes rules up and always offers good communication of his reasons. The only guy on the pitch in a bath game a few years ago to know that 2 injuries to both hooker would mean uncontested scrums but only 14 players for bath...If they hadn't suddenly remembered that cart could play hooker after being told. Which part of the rule do.you disagree with?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:23 pm

Catt not cart. Stupid new phone.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Barnes never makes rules up and always offers good communication of his reasons. The only guy on the pitch in a bath game a few years ago to know that 2 injuries to both hooker would mean uncontested scrums but only 14 players for bath...If they hadn't suddenly remembered that cart could play hooker after being told. Which part of the rule do.you disagree with?

Just the part that refs must make on the spot judgements whether the head contact was intentional or not. This allows Barnes give a red to any Ireland player as he sees fit it there is any head contact.

I dont trust him in Ireland v Wales games in particular.

I think in general it is a good thing though that WR are trying to address the issues and to be honest potential hiccups shouldnt get in the way of positive change. Any kinks can be ironed out on the way.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:42 pm

Like that Wales. Ireland game where Barnes handed a yellow to Wales for the same number of infringements as Ireland had but got away with. I don't really like the general move to penalising game accidents at all. It's a dangerous game people will get hurt. We've already seen accidental high hits red carded correctly but we're in danger or touch rugby the way things are going.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:44 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Like that Wales. Ireland game where Barnes handed a yellow to Wales for the same number of infringements as Ireland had but got away with. I don't really like the general move to penalising game accidents at all. It's a dangerous game people will get hurt. We've already seen accidental high hits red carded correctly but we're in danger or touch rugby the way things are going.

Ireland got half as many penalties as Wales in that game while Wales infringed probably twice as much as Ireland.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:46 pm

Pointed out to you the flaw in using that stat. But if that's how you want to go...Wales received a yellow card for one pen. That's if we want to ignore where refs have played advantage? But it's been done. You weren't good.enough.get over it.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Scottrf on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:52 pm

Why has this turned from the new tackle laws to Ireland fans with a chip on their shoulder for being too dim to adapt to a ref?

Scottrf

Posts : 14018
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:55 pm

Because it was alway guns complaining over losing loosely linked.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:57 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Pointed out to you the flaw in using that stat. But if that's how you want to go...Wales received a yellow card for one pen. That's if we want to ignore where refs have played advantage? But it's been done. You weren't good.enough.get over it.

They deserved more than one yellow. Barnes wanted them to win and used his influence on he game to make it happen.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:58 pm

Scottrf wrote:Why has this turned from the new tackle laws to Ireland fans with a chip on their shoulder for being too dim to adapt to a ref?

Strange how Ireland are able to adapt to all other refs with consistently low penalty counts.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:04 pm

Nah you just weren't good enough. Wales are a good team take it on the chin. I don't think England fans whined this much even the week after that 30 3 game!

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:06 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Nah you just weren't good enough. Wales are a good team take it on the chin. I don't think England fans whined this much even the week after that 30 3 game!

You're right they are so there should be a neutral ref not one who grew up in Wales and hates Ireland.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:14 pm

Just so I know. Is this a wum? I keep thinking you're serious but like I said you normally seem to know the laws if the game etc?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Nah you just weren't good enough. Wales are a good team take it on the chin. I don't think England fans whined this much even the week after that 30 3 game!

That's because 27 of the opposition points weren't down to Wayne Barnes.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:19 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Just so I know. Is this a wum? I keep thinking you're serious but like I said you normally seem to know the laws if the game etc?

Oh would you stop. Surely you can see the issues with a ref who went to school in Wales reffing Wales games?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:22 pm

So you are being serious?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:23 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So you are being serious?

Deadly, Guns is picketing outside the IRB offices as we speak.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:24 pm

rodders wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:So you are being serious?

Deadly, Guns is picketing outside the IRB offices as we speak.

Eh World Rugby now rodders.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm

Ha. You see rodders I can normally see through to yours and fly s jokes but I am in limbo knowing whether guns is meaning this!

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
rodders wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:So you are being serious?

Deadly, Guns is picketing outside the IRB offices as we speak.

Eh World Rugby now rodders.

Crikey I'm outside the wrong building!
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by rodders on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:27 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ha. You see rodders I can normally see through to yours and fly s jokes but I am in limbo knowing whether guns is meaning this!

No joke at all, in fact the the sooner Brexit goes though the better, that way we can stop Barnes at passport control.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25295
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by eirebilly on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:34 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote: I don't really like the general move to penalising game accidents at all. It's a dangerous game people will get hurt. We've already seen accidental high hits red carded correctly but we're in danger or touch rugby the way things are going.

I am with you on this, it is a contact sport after all. This move just seems to me to be the RFU wanting to cover referee's (and themselves) for carding players wrongly in the past instead of educating them better.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24161
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:40 pm

eirebilly wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: I don't really like the general move to penalising game accidents at all. It's a dangerous game people will get hurt. We've already seen accidental high hits red carded correctly but we're in danger or touch rugby the way things are going.

I am with you on this, it is a contact sport after all. This move just seems to me to be the RFU wanting to cover referee's (and themselves) for carding players wrongly in the past instead of educating them better.

I disagree. These days there are more concussions and head injuries than ever. World Rugby need to do something or they could be facing concussion pay outs like the NFL.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by eirebilly on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:48 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: I don't really like the general move to penalising game accidents at all. It's a dangerous game people will get hurt. We've already seen accidental high hits red carded correctly but we're in danger or touch rugby the way things are going.

I am with you on this, it is a contact sport after all. This move just seems to me to be the RFU wanting to cover referee's (and themselves) for carding players wrongly in the past instead of educating them better.

I disagree. These days there are more concussions and head injuries than ever. World Rugby need to do something or they could be facing concussion pay outs like the NFL.

Players know that the head area is off limits but in a physical game like rugby, collisions are going to occur. If the referee's are going to be empowered to card players for every incident then rugby will become a mess. I am all for extra protection of players, without a doubt.

Players are already being carded for innocuous and accidental hits which has led to ref's being criticised and that's why I feel its the RFU trying to protect their appointed referees.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24161
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:51 pm

Think its wr not the rfu though.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18884
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by eirebilly on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:52 pm

I stand corrected, it is WR but my point still stands as the RFU will still be on-board with this.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24161
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 48
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm

eirebilly wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote: I don't really like the general move to penalising game accidents at all. It's a dangerous game people will get hurt. We've already seen accidental high hits red carded correctly but we're in danger or touch rugby the way things are going.

I am with you on this, it is a contact sport after all. This move just seems to me to be the RFU wanting to cover referee's (and themselves) for carding players wrongly in the past instead of educating them better.

I disagree. These days there are more concussions and head injuries than ever. World Rugby need to do something or they could be facing concussion pay outs like the NFL.

Players know that the head area is off limits but in a physical game like rugby, collisions are going to occur. If the referee's are going to be empowered to card players for every incident then rugby will become a mess. I am all for extra protection of players, without a doubt.

Players are already being carded for innocuous and accidental hits which has led to ref's being criticised and that's why I feel its the RFU trying to protect their appointed referees.

The problem with that is that some teams like New Zealand claim everything dangerous they do is accidental. Maybe this is finally the incentive they need to stop having so many "accidents".

Positive change shouldn't be deterred by potential stumbling blocks IMO. Kinks can be ironed out.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

New Tackle Laws - Page 2 Empty Re: New Tackle Laws

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum