The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January

+34
SecretFly
Heuer27
David-Douglas
The Great Aukster
GLove39
brennomac
profitius
Eejit
Artful_Dodger
Geen sport voor watjes
Rory_Gallagher
eirebilly
IanBru
R!skysports
Sin é
theslosty
rodders
TJ
demosthenes
rapidsnowman
BigGee
munkian
Welly
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
tigertattie
reallybored
LondonTiger
EST
RDW
cakeordeath
jimbopip
George Carlin
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Empty Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January

Post by George Carlin Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Glasgo13               Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Munste10 
Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby
Saturday 14 January 2017
KO 17:30
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports / beIN Sports

Referee Luke Pearce (England)
Touch Judge 1 Matthew Carley (England)
Touch Judge 2 Wayne Falla (England)
TMO Graham Hughes (England)
Citing Commissioner Andy Blyth (England)

A. Head to Head

In Europe:

22 October 2016
Munster Rugby 38 - 17 Glasgow Warriors

In league play:

28 Played 28
16 Wins 11
11 Losses 16
1 Draws 1

B. Recent League Form

2 December 2016
Glasgow Warriors 15-16 Munster Rugby

19 February 2016
Glasgow Warriors 27 - 24 Munster Rugby 

2 October 2015
Munster Rugby 32 - 21 Glasgow Warriors

30 May 2015
Munster Rugby 13 - 31 Glasgow Warriors

28 February 2015
Munster Rugby 22 - 10 Glasgow Warriors

20 December 2014
Glasgow Warriors 21 - 18 Munster Rugby

C. Teams

Glasgow Warriors 
Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Tucker11
Stuart Hogg, Tommy Seymour, Mark Bennett, Alex Dunbar, Lee Jones, Finn Russell, Ali Price; Gordon Reid, Fraser Brown, Zander Fagerson, Tim Swinson, Jonny Gray (capt), Rob Harley, Ryan Wilson, Josh Strauss.

Replacements: Pat MacArthur, Alex Allan, D'arcy Rae, Matt Fagerson, Chris Fusaro, Grayson Hart, Nick Grigg, Peter Murchie.

Munster Rugby
Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Terryw11
Simon Zebo, Andrew Conway, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls, Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan, Jean Kleyn, Donnacha Ryan; Peter O'Mahony (capt), Jack O'Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, James Cronin, Thomas Du Toit, Dave Foley, Billy Holland, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Francis Saili.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January

Post by BigGee Sat 14 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm

Well done Munster, one tough team you are. We had our chances but just could not put you to bed.

We just need to do it the hard way next week at Leicester. We still can.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January

Post by Eejit Sat 14 Jan 2017, 7:38 pm

Well done Munster. tough as nails there. Great game of rugby.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 14 Jan 2017, 7:44 pm

It wasn't pretty but a wins a win.

I couldnt believe Glasgow didn't go for the drop goal near the end.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sat 14 Jan 2017, 8:23 pm

profitius wrote:It wasn't pretty but a wins a win.

Agreed 5 mins to go in a low scoring game and in Munster 22 - why not go for the dg. And ffs what was Russell chipping into the Munster 22 at 77 mins - all he did was hand possession back to Munater.

Well done Munster but game still very one dimensional

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 14 Jan 2017, 8:40 pm

brennomac wrote:

Agreed 5 mins to go in a low scoring game and in Munster 22 - why not go for the dg.  And ffs what was Russell chipping into the Munster 22 at 77 mins - all he did was hand possession back to Munater.

The answer to that is he's never converted a drop goal is professional rugby.
If you look back to the Argentina game in November then he missed two drop goal attempts consecutively, this is why he's probably an outsider in Lions terms.

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 14 Jan 2017, 9:32 pm

123456789 wrote:
brennomac wrote:

Agreed 5 mins to go in a low scoring game and in Munster 22 - why not go for the dg.  And ffs what was Russell chipping into the Munster 22 at 77 mins - all he did was hand possession back to Munater.

The answer to that is he's never converted a drop goal is professional rugby.
If you look back to the Argentina game in November then he missed two drop goal attempts consecutively, this is why he's probably an outsider in Lions terms.

Sorry to be that guy, but Russell actually has 1 professional drop goal to his name!
Happened against Edinburgh on Boxing Day, ball fell off the tee during his penalty, so he picked it up & dropped it over from 30m. Sadly that one bit of off the cuffness aside it's definitely not his forte.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 14 Jan 2017, 9:50 pm

So not a drop goal then but a penalty goal...

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sun 15 Jan 2017, 12:43 am

Delighted that Earls provided the scoring pass. Murrays reaction to the (yet another) cheap shot at the end was priceless. No doubt Swinson will get away with trying to break Zebos ankle and Murrays jaw..but at least Glasgow got exactly what they deserved in the end.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by David-Douglas Sun 15 Jan 2017, 1:36 am

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Delighted that Earls provided the scoring pass. Murrays reaction to the (yet another) cheap shot at the end was priceless. No doubt Swinson will get away with trying to break Zebos ankle and Murrays jaw..but at least Glasgow got exactly what they deserved in the end.

You're reminding me a lot of one of my favourite pints 'Bitter & Twisted'.

David-Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sun 15 Jan 2017, 1:44 am

Look back at some of the comments concerning Earls if you want bitter and twisted. I am sure your one eyed view didn't see any of the cheap shots from the Glasgow players or maybe that's just a normal night out in glasgae

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 15 Jan 2017, 4:56 am

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Look back at some of the comments concerning Earls if you want bitter and twisted. I am sure your one eyed view didn't see any of the cheap shots from the Glasgow players or maybe that's just a normal night out in glasgae
Both completely graceless and faintly racist - congratulations.

Quite a few complaints about you on the reports list Geen sport - something you might want to be aware of.

Gutted we didn't take this and I'll watch the full game later to understand why but Toonie was clear in interviews last night that we just weren't the better team.
We had to play at our best to win, we didn't and so we didn't win.

Every team that has taken the Pro 12 in recent years has had a bombproof defence and that's why Munster are genuine contenders for both Europe and the league. Well played.

Very keen for us to get Petersen, Big Brian and Sarto back - they are sadly missed.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 9:42 am

George,

I believe that Glasgow were the better team last night but where they went wrong was in the on field leadership and game management towards the end of the match. They got their tactics spot on, in targeting Murray and were on the front foot most of the game.

Its a tough ask to beat Leicester at WR next weekend but I think that they can do it and still make the 1/4 finals.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sun 15 Jan 2017, 10:01 am

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Delighted that Earls provided the scoring pass. Murrays reaction to the (yet another) cheap shot at the end was priceless. No doubt Swinson will get away with trying to break Zebos ankle and Murrays jaw..but at least Glasgow got exactly what they deserved in the end.

Away and have a word with yourself mate. I happened to be watching the game down the pub surrounded by Munstermen who pissed away more class than you have.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:09 am

It was a really tight game last night and I would agree lack of game management and leadership cost the game.

Our night was marred by the poor behaviour of ,I hesitate to call them supporters, Munstermen around us. I had to interject when one guy started getting verbally aggressive and physically intimidating towards a Glasgow supporter who must have been around 80yrs old.

He then directed his anger at me and was eventually led away by one of his own group. We then suffered beer being sprayed over us until we eventually left.

I hope this isn't the standard of individual that follows Munster regularly as it would be a sad indictment on a great club.

I've been following rugby all over the world for over thirty years now and never seen anything like the behaviour displayed last night.

It really spoiled what was a great game between two evenly matched sides.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:16 am

Heuer27,

Been a Munster fan my whole life and I have gone to watch them all over Europe and have never seen Munster fans act like that. I am truly shocked as we are regarded as very passionate and respectful fans.

Very sorry to hear that you had that experience but please don't let it taint your thoughts of Munster fans as I can assure you, on the whole, we are all not like that.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:29 am

That's not been my experience either with any rugby supporters tbh.
Disappointed that it spoiled what was otherwise a great event.
Like most Glaswegians ,I am as much Irish as Scottish ,so don't hold it against anyone. Just had to vent my frustration.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

First off well done Munster. What a bruising game it really was two of the best teams in Europe fighting it out. There was so much hyperbole around it game it seemed to attract the lunatic fringe on both sides. Hopefully we can meet up in the next round so we try to get some revenge. Best of luck in the next stage.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:52 am

Leicester may want to field a weakened team next week since they have nothing to gain and all to lose and will now focus on the premiership so Glasgow have a very good chance of getting through. I would love the 1/4 finals to be flooded with Pro-12 teams so the best of luck to ye lads thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 2:40 pm

Yes, a mouthy aggressive -perhaps over-cooked in terms of beer guzzling - Munster fan being led away by members of his own group.
Why was he being so aggressive though?   - first with the 80 year old and then with you?  Did he just take a dislike on the spur of the moment without reason or was there a sharing of comments over and back initially?

I'm not excusing an aggressive idiot but none of the rest of us know what the 80 year old got up to in advance?

I always remember the little old lady that popped onto a morning bus in Dublin years ago, when pensioners were advised to wait until after rush hour to partake of their free travel.  She got on and instantly started berating in a loud aggressive way a young guy who was seated and didn't even see her standing there. She was stabbing at his foot with her stick.  She demanded he get out of the seat and let a senior citizen sit down.  But before the young guy, who remained calm and quiet, could even try to get out of his seat, the bus driver turned an lay into her, telling her in no uncertain terms that the bus was for people going to work and she shouldn't be on it!  And he said the man would not be leaving his seat for her.  The young guy did eventually get up when the driver settled down and got on with his driving.

But 80 year olds.... let's not be all pretending some of them don't have a whole lot of aggressive, mouthy spunk of their own Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Sun 15 Jan 2017, 2:53 pm

The old man was doing nothing but watching the game . Never said boo to a goose. You are trying to defend the indefensible. The guy was a complete ...... he got right in the face of the old guy after he thought Munster had scored. I told him to behave and leave the old man alone and that he was an embarrassment to himself and his club. For that I got around five or six rounds of F...k you! At which point I told him to sit down and stop being an A hole. At this point his pal led him away. He was a disgrace to his club and fellow supporters. Feel free to disagree though.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:08 pm

Personally I do not care what was said and by whom to instigate, we are not soccer fans we are rugby fans.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:16 pm

eirebilly wrote:Personally I do not care what was said and by whom to instigate, we are not soccer fans we are rugby fans.

Personally I like to hear both sides of a story. Heuer has now elaborated and put some meat on what was initially very slight on detail.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Personally I do not care what was said and by whom to instigate, we are not soccer fans we are rugby fans.

Personally I like to hear both sides of a story.  Heuer has now elaborated and put some meat on what was initially very slight on detail.

Sure, I just like to be able to rise above things. No comments made by people lead me to become aggressive and abusive.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:44 pm

eirebilly wrote:Leicester may want to field a weakened team next week since they have nothing to gain and all to lose and will now focus on the premiership so Glasgow have a very good chance of getting through. I would love the 1/4 finals to be flooded with Pro-12 teams so the best of luck to ye lads thumbsup

If it was in Glasgow maybe. At Welford Road fielding a weakened team would be about as popular as banning the sale of beer inside the ground. There's LV games after this where Tigers will want to give game time to some squad players and youngsters. Four losses on the bounce now so Mauger will be desperate to get a win and ease the pressure which hasn't disappeared with Cockers.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:47 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Leicester may want to field a weakened team next week since they have nothing to gain and all to lose and will now focus on the premiership so Glasgow have a very good chance of getting through. I would love the 1/4 finals to be flooded with Pro-12 teams so the best of luck to ye lads thumbsup

If it was in Glasgow maybe. At Welford Road fielding a weakened team would be about as popular as banning the sale of beer inside the ground. There's LV games after this where Tigers will want to give game time to some squad players and youngsters. Four losses on the bounce now so Mauger will be desperate to get a win and ease the pressure which hasn't disappeared with Cockers.

I also read on the Leicester thread that they have a two week break as well so will more than likely put out a very strong team. I would just love to see Glasgow in the 1/4 finals thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:47 pm

The Munster defence last night was incredible. They did very well to keep Glasgow Tryless and then take their one solid opportunity when it came. A team who look unstoppable in my opinion. Considering the class Glasgow have been up against in Europe this season I think they did well and can win away next weekend.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:51 pm

Seems to be a bit of a online campaign/Daily Mail Very Happy now to get Munster investigated by World Rugby for not taking Murray off and leaving him off.

I've had a good look at the incident (elbow in the jaw) and I'm not sure he was knocked out as when he went down, his head didn't hit the ground, so maybe he was just winded.

Second time he was hit (and sent off for a HIA) assessment.

I don't think Munster would have let him back on if he was concussed as Duncan Williams was doing fairly well anyway.

A tough loss for Glasgow - it looked to me as if they were so intent on getting at Murray that they forgot to play their usual game. Hopefully they will learn from that mistake.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:55 pm

Sin é, at the time I thought Murray was out but after re-watching it, it looked as if he was worried he broke his jaw.

Let them investigate, I am sure Munster (and the medics) will be proven right.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 15 Jan 2017, 3:59 pm

eirebilly wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:

I also read on the Leicester thread that they have a two week break as well so will more than likely put out a very strong team. I would just love to see Glasgow in the 1/4 finals thumbsup

Two weeks of LV Cup so not a break but the big names won't be playing.

Glasgow might still make the playoffs they'll just have to fight for it. Tigers are normally much better at home but we're still someway from being a competent and complete team. Not many of the injuries will be back either.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Sun 15 Jan 2017, 4:04 pm

The first incident happened right in front of us and I thought that he was out tbh. Cameras generally give a better view though. I couldn't understand why he wasn't taken off for assessment the first time. I didn't realise until now that it was a second blow which prompted that. We all thought he had been withdrawn retrospectively for the first hit.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 15 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

The Stats are very even between the 2 teams, for example, possession & territory are about 50% each (49/51 type thing). Glasgow conceded 9 penalties, Munster 8. Both teams attempted 109 tackles!

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/matchstats?gameId=290673&league=271937

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 15 Jan 2017, 5:17 pm

Munster being investigated about Murray. According to this article, he passed 2 HIAs (one when he was taken off and one after the match).

Meanwhile, POM failed his HIA.

Munster set to face Untoward Incident Review after Murray incident

The scrum-half was involved in a heavy tackle on Glasgow’s Tim Swinson.

http://www.the42.ie/munster-conor-murray-untoward-incident-review-3188018-Jan2017/
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Jan 2017, 5:16 am

Sin é wrote:The Stats are very even between the 2 teams, for example, possession & territory are about 50% each (49/51 type thing). Glasgow conceded 9 penalties, Munster 8. Both teams attempted 109 tackles!

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/matchstats?gameId=290673&league=271937

Very hard to separate these two sides - they are a credit to the league and would give any NH club franchise a hell of a game.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 16 Jan 2017, 10:36 am

I was surprised Murray was not taken off immediately after the game was stopped because he looked out. He was not moving on the ground and guess that is why the investigation is happening. Not the result but how they ended up getting him off the pitch a phase or two down the line.

Munster won and I am not overly sold they played the better rugby. Doesn't matter what I think at the end of the day, the record will stay the same.

Hogg's yellow was never a yellow and ended up leading to their try. He did not have a good day in the air.

Russell was a fool at least twice with a telegraphed pass to Earls on the Munster 5 meter line and chipping over after the Swinson break. He needs to settle back down.

Johnson should have benched not Grigg if he is healthy. Offers lot more if we are chasing the game.

Strauss should have stayed on unless hurt. He was having a stormer.

We tried going after Murray and I have less of an issue of trying to tackle someone before they get the kick away than some. I did not see anything particularly dirty like a shoulder and running through the supporting leg that crosses the line.

All in all, Glasgow did enough to win this game except for the last 5 meters. Munster defended well and we could not break them.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 16 Jan 2017, 10:52 am

Another great result for Munster. I fancy a Munster v Clermont final with Munster to win.

You heard it here first....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 16 Jan 2017, 10:58 am

Going to disagree with you Hazel about the yellow, by the current rules it was a yellow all day. Toonie had no issues with it, nor do I. In many ways it was lucky not to be a penalty try.

That other tackles over the weekend, equally deserving of yellows were not given, does not make that one wrong. There is still massive inconsistency about this amongst refs.

Strauss could hardly walk off the pitch, he was completely cramped up. He actually had a really good game but completely emptied the tank. The problem was more a lack of bench options to replace him. Hopefully we will have a few more back next Saturday.

Don't be to hard on Finn, remember it was his brilliance that got us here in the first place. Like Toonie before him, you are going to have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes. Even in this game, there were a few sublime moments like when he put Swinson through the middle.

He should have gone for the drop goal though and I do hope he learns from that.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 16 Jan 2017, 12:08 pm

BigGee wrote:Going to disagree with you Hazel about the yellow, by the current rules it was a yellow all day. Toonie had no issues with it, nor do I. In many ways it was lucky not to be a penalty try.

That other tackles over the weekend, equally deserving of yellows were not given, does not make that one wrong. There is still massive inconsistency about this amongst refs.

Strauss could hardly walk off the pitch, he was completely cramped up. He actually had a really good game but completely emptied the tank. The problem was more a lack of bench options to replace him. Hopefully we will have a few more back next Saturday.

Don't be to hard on Finn, remember it was his brilliance that got us here in the first place. Like Toonie before him, you are going to have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes. Even in this game, there were a few sublime moments like when he put Swinson through the middle.

He should have gone for the drop goal though and I do hope he learns from that.

Disagree with the rules. They are too aggressive. I know this is a response to the CTE issue and it is about health. What they are targeting and what is actually occurring in a game especially when slow motion is used and makes timing look terrible.

Fair enough on Strauss. I missed him coming off (grabbing a cup of tea) and thought it must have been injury but saw him walking about on the sideline.

Have to be hard on Finn to an extent because there were 3 basic decisions that cost us a match. When he is the fulcrum that controls the backs, he has to play well for Glasgow to succeed. I would not mind so much except he has the capability to be one of the best FH's in the world on his day. I am annoyed with Hogg as well who could have offered more. The forwards as a group worked hard and played well. It is frustrating to see the platform be set against a very good pack and one of the better backlines in Europe fail to score a try not because of good opposition defence but poor decision making.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 16 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

I'm afraid that under the new laws the Hogg tackle was a yellow, it wasn't malicious but he definitely caught him in the face.

Regarding Russell, I really believe he has the skills to be one of the worlds best: he plays so flat to the line that he makes defences overcommit to him, he can pass wonderfully off both hands, he has pace and a step, he puts people through holes and he has a better kicking game than people give him credit for...but he will never be up there with the worlds best if he continues to make decisions like he did on Saturday night. The chip kick after the Swinson break summed it up for me. He floats a beautiful pass to Swinson who then gallops 50m up the pitch, with the Munster defence retreating and Glasgow with all the momentum, he hands possession straight back with a stupid, badly executed chip that was never on. Farrell, Barrit or Sexton would never make that decision, and thats what he needs to add to his game.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 12:28 pm

But on the other hand how many tries has he scored or set up with chips?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 16 Jan 2017, 1:19 pm

TJ wrote:But on the other hand how many tries has he scored or set up with chips?

I know what you're saying TJ, but it's all situational isn't it. I have nothing agains him trying something if he thinks it's on, or if he has a penalty or if it is a pre-planned move etc. But I would suggest that with three mins remaining of a huge european fixture, with your team 2 points down, and having just made 50m, that handing the ball back to the opposition was the wrong time to try and be the hero.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 16 Jan 2017, 7:48 pm

Its what you get with Russell. He will never be Farrell or Wilkinson - never making mistakes but equally he does things neither of them can dream of.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 16 Jan 2017, 11:26 pm

Comparing Russell with Jonny?

Ho ho.

This idea that Wilkinson couldn't play expansive.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 17 Jan 2017, 9:46 am

Cyril wrote:Comparing Russell with Jonny?

Ho ho.

I sometimes have to remind myself:

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Jonnyw10  Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Monty_10 

God                            Wilko
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Tue 17 Jan 2017, 10:10 am

George Carlin wrote:

Ho ho.

I sometimes have to remind myself:

Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Jonnyw10  Champions Cup Pool 1: Glasgow Warriors v Munster, 14 January - Page 3 Monty_10 

God                            Wilko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmfja79uAhs

He wasn't too bad at it, maybe Finn needs to watch this...

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 17 Jan 2017, 10:18 am

Ho ho.

The only thing expansive about Wilkinson was his bank balance after Toulon developed his polo Poopie range.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 17 Jan 2017, 10:57 am

rodders wrote:

Ho ho.

The only thing expansive about Wilkinson was his bank balance after Toulon developed his polo Poopie range.
Smile When you're brought up on a steady diet of O'Gara drop-goals it's probably difficult to recognise expansive.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 17 Jan 2017, 12:49 pm

Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:

Ho ho.

Smile When you're brought up on a steady diet of O'Gara drop-goals it's probably difficult to recognise expansive.

Expansive can be a bit over rated.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 17 Jan 2017, 12:57 pm

Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:

Ho ho.

True enough I suppose, Wilko was able to expand his game to kicking drop goals off both feet.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 17 Jan 2017, 2:56 pm

Didn't O'Gara score more tries than Wilko at International level? Maybe he dropped kicked a few tries on the sly? That cute hoor! The Ref never seen 'em so they still stand.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 17 Jan 2017, 3:23 pm

Just watched the final 10 mins of the game I missed on weekend. Firey finish!! Both teams are high with confidence and have some cocky players, can't wait for the next Munster vs Glasgow encounter.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3