The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions 2017 - Name your team, captain and whatever else you want to harp on about

+67
catchweight
wayne
RuggerRadge2611
dummy_half
tigertattie
carpet baboon
nathan
Winzer
Poorfour
rapidsnowman
bedfordwelsh
chris_501
No9
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
marty2086
Gooseberry
Barney McGrew did it
reallybored
EWT Spoons
Sgt_Pooly
RDW
Rugby Fan
dgttaylor
Heuer27
PhilBB
the-goon
Hammersmith harrier
No 7&1/2
RiscaGame
munkian
George Carlin
BigTrevsbigmac
R!skysports
Tattie Scones RRN
BamBam
Exiledinborders
CraigS1874
SecretFly
beshocked
cascough
Luckless Pedestrian
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
theslosty
LondonTiger
LordDowlais
westisbest
Cyril
king_carlos
Cumbrian
eirebilly
The Great Aukster
lostinwales
TJ
Rory_Gallagher
True Raven
robbo277
Gwlad
majesticimperialman
aucklandlaurie
Scottrf
Submachine
rodders
Sin é
GunsGermsV2
71 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Lions 2017 - Name your team, captain and whatever else you want to harp on about - Page 19 Empty Lions 2017 - Name your team, captain and whatever else you want to harp on about

Post by GunsGermsV2 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 12:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

My wishlist:

I hope AWJ is named captain to keep the Irish and English lads in check.
I hope Robshaw gets picked, he deserves to tour at least once at this point.
I hope the refereeing is strictly on a level playing field.
I hope NZ are made accountable for any incidents where they break anyone's collarbone and put them out of the game for 13 months.
The Lions to be at the very least competitive and win one of the first two tests.
I'd like to see Tadhg Furlong get a run out.
Would like to see an uncapped player in the squad.
No charity caps, Tom court, Shane Williams etc.
I hope Gatland comes up with a much more interesting and variable game plan than on the last Lions tour.
Dylan Hartley calls a ref the C word on the last day of the six nations and misses the tour.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Lions 2017 - Name your team, captain and whatever else you want to harp on about - Page 19 Empty Re: Lions 2017 - Name your team, captain and whatever else you want to harp on about

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:49 pm

It might depend on how you define intelligence. But put it this way: there's no such thing as a police cat.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Lions 2017 - Name your team, captain and whatever else you want to harp on about - Page 19 Empty Re: Lions 2017 - Name your team, captain and whatever else you want to harp on about

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:50 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It might depend on how you define intelligence. But put it this way: there's no such thing as a police cat.

There's your proof - cats are too smart to sign up for being targeted by drugs gangs or blown up by a well hidden bomb.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:52 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It might depend on how you define intelligence. But put it this way: there's no such thing as a police cat.

There's your proof - cats are too smart to sign up for being targeted by drugs gangs or blown up by a well hidden bomb.

Also, cats don't lick their own balls when they clean themselves. Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Feb 2017, 12:54 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Also, cats don't lick their own balls when they clean themselves. Very Happy

Basterdes are usually too busy coughing up/spitting out balls.  To tell the truth, don't know which is worse.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:06 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Another guy who struggles to answer simple posts.

You'd have thought he's an expert in simple

LD, you do realise that sucking up to miaow won't make you any smarter just because he uses long words and writes long sentences

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:12 pm

Are miaow and Dowlais really View and Mikey?

View and Mikey loved to slap each other's backs a lot and commend each other on their 'excellent' points.

I thought we had seen the end of that double-act but perhaps not...

I think View was the brains of the outfit, but only in so far as 'in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king'.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:16 pm

miaow wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

I always assumed Miaow was female. In any case can we not all get along? Come on I know you really love each other.

Weird to presume an individual's gender either way other than to say that generally I assumed most of this board would be boys, because, well, it is rugby after all...? I take no offence at being suspected of being a boy or a girl in and of itself, but weird assumption to make in the first place.

Miaow sounds like a girly name for a start. I dont think its weird to guess someones gender. I think it would be weirder if it was all guys here given that there have been female posters in the past.

No reason why you should be offended, I have been mistaken for a woman myself. Irish name to blame.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:16 pm

BamBam wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Another guy who struggles to answer simple posts.

You'd have thought he's an expert in simple

LD, you do realise that sucking up to miaow won't make you any smarter just because he uses long words and writes long sentences

Not sucking up to anyone. I can just take his posts for what they are. OK

Also, please stop quoting that member.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:18 pm

Very childish.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:18 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:There's nothing to understand because you've not made a point yet, you're simply unable to explain why JJ wouldn't fit into Gatlands defensive system and instead gave a childish one word response; tackling.

miaow wrote:Wait, so I post an opinion on a player which- admittedly uncommon and perhaps a little contentious- is still an opinion that I've supported with fairly reasonable explanation (which you must no have bothered to read), i.e. specific defensive system which relies on a 13 with disciplined positioning, size, strength etc. and can expose that 13 if they're not quite up to the defensive task (last time I repeat this point now).

No 7&1/2 wrote:You keep saying the lawyer thing. I'm not hostile to you at all except when your own bias leaks out ie england and colonies.so you really can't answer simple questions?

Why can neither of you understand that someone might not be willing to engage in a proper discussion after they've had ridiculous accusations thrown their way after they had tried to posit an opinion to engage in a discussion?

If you really want my opinion you can go back and read the last few pages and piece it together from my comments. In the meantime, probably best to give it a rest, because it's really labouring a point that neither of you seem willing or perhaps able to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:23 pm

What ridiculous accusations? As I've said the only thing I thought was a bit wrong was England and colonies team as it was a bit pointless. I've asked for clarification on a couple of your points and you've side stepped them.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:25 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:What ridiculous accusations? As I've said the only thing I thought was a bit wrong was England and colonies team as it was a bit pointless. I've asked for clarification on a couple of your points and you've side stepped them.

Would you not just let it go for once 7.5?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 08 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm

Cyril wrote:Are miaow and Dowlais really View and Mikey?

View and Mikey loved to slap each other's backs a lot and commend each other on their 'excellent' points.

I think View was the brains of the outfit, but only in so far as 'in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king'.

Cyril - enough. There is no proof to back up your claims so stop posting these kind of accusations as it just derails threads.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:11 pm

Maro itoje can win a game of connect four in three moves!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:14 pm

Not when he talks of ridiculous accusations guns.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:15 pm

tigertattie wrote:Maro itoje can win a game of connect four in three moves!

Ah, but can he do it while supporting his body weight?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:17 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Maro itoje can win a game of connect four in three moves!

Ah, but can he do it while supporting his body weight?

He doesn't need to!

Maro Itoje is never on the ground as Maro Itoje can float along on a cushion of his own greatness!

World rugby have declared that the offside line is no longer the rear most foot, it's wherever Maro Itoje says it is!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:18 pm

Maro Itoje has a diary. It's called the Guinness Book of World Records.

Last edited by George Carlin on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:23 pm

Maro Itoje has his own cloud, all he needs to do is blow out while quickly moving his hands in front of his face before pointing forward

It is a little pink though.......

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:24 pm

Maro Itoje can do a wheelie on a Unicycle
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:26 pm

Maro Itoje can hear sign language.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:27 pm

tigertattie wrote:Maro Itoje can do a wheelie on a Unicycle

haha

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:31 pm

Chuck Norris wears Maro Itoje pyjamas.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:33 pm

Maro Itoje once visited Ayr and every rugby player that has come from there was immediately bestowed with his world class-ness.

(Scottish poster joke)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:50 pm

Maro Itoje is the perfect new name for a player that wants to extend his career but doesn't want all the adulation and fuss in the papers.
Don't worry Phil... I got your back covered. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:52 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Cyril - enough.  There is no proof to back up your claims so stop posting these kind of accusations as it just derails threads.
Seriously? With all the nonsense flying around and you call me up on that? Shocked

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:57 pm

Cyril wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Cyril - enough.  There is no proof to back up your claims so stop posting these kind of accusations as it just derails threads.
Seriously? With all the nonsense flying around and you call me up on that? Shocked

Totally agree, can't believe they let that fella call cats stupid. That sort of thing wasn't acceptable pre brexit.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:59 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Chuck Norris wears Maro Itoje pyjamas.

Dooooooooood, I've already done that one!

Also, where have you been hiding?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:01 pm

rodders wrote:
Cyril wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Totally agree, can't believe they let that fella call cats stupid. That sort of thing wasn't acceptable pre brexit.
Cats are stupid though. Horrible things.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:02 pm

tigertattie wrote:

Don't ask personal questions. How do you think he knows about Chuck Norris's pyjamas?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:04 pm

Luckless comes clean finally. He's been George Galloway all along.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:Luckless comes clean finally.  He's been George Galloway all along.

He was only pretending though.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:14 pm

tigertattie wrote:

Advising Warren Gatland, I keep dingying his calls but he's quite persistent.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:44 am

Isn't it great how the Lions unite fans against the SH enemy?

Once every four years fans join forces to transcend national rivalries and share their innermost secrets to their auld enemies without fear of recrimination and instead garner a supporting shoulder and an understanding wink.

... and so the fans characterise how their heroes suddenly dismiss their normal enmities for harmony of purpose and abandon of natural nationalism...

No seriously...

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:05 am

Maro Itoje can start a fire by rubbing ice cubes together!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:13 am

Ha thats a good one.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:15 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Isn't it great how the Lions unite fans against the SH enemy?

Once every four years fans join forces to transcend national rivalries and share their innermost secrets to their auld enemies without fear of recrimination and instead garner a supporting shoulder and an understanding wink.

... and so the fans characterise how their heroes suddenly dismiss their normal enmities for harmony of purpose and abandon of natural nationalism...

No seriously...
Luckily people generally get on better with each other face-to-face than they do online. Well, sometimes...

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 09 Feb 2017, 11:16 am

Who says we're all against the SH enemy?  I think I'll be for the home team of our International coach.... Whistle

Now excuse me whilst I leave quickly before the shower of stones.........

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 12 Feb 2017, 8:13 am

Just curios after yesterdays game does every ( most) folks on here still think AWJ will be captain for the Lions?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:22 am

majesticimperialman wrote:Just curios after yesterdays game does every ( most) folks on here still think AWJ will be captain for the Lions?

I'm trying to check the odds on Farrell. My thinking is that Hartley will be dropped for George, Farrell (who has been vice-captain throughout the 16 game run and captain when Hartley's left the pitch), will be made captain and if England can kick on and win the Championship or even another Grand Slam, Farrell has as good a chance as any one. He's surely guaranteed a place on tour and probably the team at either 10 or 12, whereas the other major contenders (Warburton and Alun Wyn Jones) are all in fiercely competitive areas.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:19 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Just curios after yesterdays game does every ( most) folks on here still think AWJ will be captain for the Lions?

Yes, at least he wasn't subbed at just over half way through the match, outplayed by his opposite number, and shown up by his replacement.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:21 pm

wayne wrote:

Yes, at least he wasn't subbed at just over half way through the match, outplayed by his opposite number, and shown up by his replacement.

Not sure how Hartley was outplayed to be honest when the line out and scrum were silky smooth nor is that the making of a captain, making poor decisions like AWJ did is going to be more pivotal.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:25 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
wayne wrote:

Not sure how Hartley was outplayed to be honest when the line out and scrum were silky smooth nor is that the making of a captain, making poor decisions like AWJ did is going to be more pivotal.

If everything was silky smooth, why was he subbed? Don't put it down as what they usually do.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:25 pm

Gatland is in a bind with the captaincy. AWJ is his team captain, so it will be hard for him to select the captain of another Nation without seeming like a vote of no confidence in AWJ.

I think he might go with someone slightly left field to avoid that problem and not pick a recognised captain rom any of the home Nations.

Possibly Sexton if he is fit. Or Connor Murray.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:28 pm

wayne wrote:

Hartley is at least a winner as a captain at international level. Not sure we need a specialist in failure.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:30 pm

Scottrf wrote:
wayne wrote:

Hartley is at least a winner as a captain at international level. Not sure we need a specialist in failure.

When Hartley was on the field you were losing. laughing

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:30 pm

Great game yesterday from both sides - now being spoiled a little with the snipes Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:30 pm

You don't get points for winning at half time...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:32 pm

wayne wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
wayne wrote:

If everything was silky smooth, why was he subbed? Don't put it down as what they usually do.

It's what Jones does almost every game so that is the reason, remind me how many times the English set piece was challenged yesterday?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 12 Feb 2017, 12:32 pm

Scottrf wrote:You don't get points for winning at half time...
That was why he was taken off.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next