The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 FA's

3 posters

Go down

2017 FA's Empty 2017 FA's

Post by skins4ever Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:43 pm

Some of us are already in offseason mode now that now that 26 teams are out of the running. Just thought I'd throw something out there to start the run up to the 2017-18 season. How about running through your team's FA's and what you think your guys should do (or pick another team if you want to do more than one). I'll kick of with the Skins:

Washington Redskins

Kirk Cousins, QB - To me he has to be resigned, though I could live with the franchise tag again. He's shown he's better than at least 50% of the starting QB's out there. While he still needs to show he can take a team on his shoulders and eliminate game killing mistakes (or season killing in the Giants game), I think the draft is not worth the risk at QB. If they can get him to take a deal averaging about $22M I say sign him and sort the D out.
Pierre Garcon, WR - While he's up there in years, Garcon is still productive and a 1000y season proves that. I'd resign him to a 2 year deal, develop Doctson and see what the rest of FA has on offer (Alshon Jeffrey possibly?).
DeSean Jackson, WR - I'd like them to resign Jackson, but I suspect the talk of moving back to Philly is serious or an attempt to bunk up the price. If the former, he probably won't resign even for a similar offer to what Philly give him, and if the latter, let him go. Crowder is ready to step up.
Chris Baker, DE - I'd really like to keep him. Depends on what they are going to go for in the draft though, plus what DC comes in. If they move to a 4-3, they could keep him as a 3 tech tackle.
Vernon Davis, TE - Definitely keep him. At his age should be reasonably cheap and he's proven there's still a hunger and capability of a guy 5 years younger. He's happy here which helps.
Junior Galette, OLB - Resign but depends on whether he can get back to full speed. 2 years, 2 Achilles injuries doesn't bode well, but it's feasible. Look at Tim Hightower.
Kedric Golston, DT - Not a priority. Getting up there in years and while he's a capable backup, unless he's willing to sign cap friendly money, let him walk.
Nick Sundberg, LS - Resign. Long snapper is so under rated, and should be able to get a good deal.
Cullen Jenkins, DE - Another non-priority. Something of a non-factor so let him see what he can do in FA.
Donte Whitner, SS - Bye bye. Signed to be a replacement starter but looked a liability at times. We need youth here.
Ziggy Hood, DE - Useful in rotation, so keep him if its feasible but another DL we can't afford to splash the cash for.
John Sullivan, C - Like the DL, if we can get him n a reasonable deal, then keep him as a solid backup.
Greg Toler, CB - Not sure here. He made some plays but he's 32 and not going to get faster. Again, need youth in the secondary.
Terence Garvin, ILB - Probably resign to fill the roster as he should be cheap. Given our ILB situation, if he couldn't push the starters he can't be all that good.
Duke Ihenacho, SS - I like the guy as he does make plays every now and then, but he can't seem to hold down a starting spot (Broncos or here) and injuries have been a factor in the past. Again, maybe keep him if there's a good deal to be had.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

2017 FA's Empty Re: 2017 FA's

Post by TM Moot Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Quite a few from the Pack, certainly don't want to lose Lang, Lacy and Hyde. Jones and Perry were high picks, should still have some upside. Cook, Michael and Peppers should be worth trying to extend for another year...

Julius Peppers OLB
T.J. Lang G
Nick Perry OLB
Jared Cook TE
Datone Jones OLB
Brett Goode LS
Eddie Lacy RB
Christine Michael RB
Don Barclay RT
J.C. Tretter C
Micah Hyde SS
Mike Pennel DE

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:40 pm

TM Moot wrote:Quite a few from the Pack, certainly don't want to lose Lang, Lacy and Hyde. Jones and Perry were high picks, should still have some upside. Cook, Michael and Peppers should be worth trying to extend for another year...

Julius Peppers  OLB
T.J. Lang  G
Nick Perry  OLB
Jared Cook  TE
Datone Jones  OLB
Brett Goode  LS
Eddie Lacy  RB
Christine Michael  RB
Don Barclay  RT
J.C. Tretter  C
Micah Hyde  SS
Mike Pennel  DE

I'd say Cook has been very useful to you this year, and Peppers is almost back to his best. Could turn into 2 big holes if they can't be re-signed. I think Hyde is very underrated (especially in Madden Very Happy ).

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 pm

The Pats have some pretty big FAs this season

Hightower, Bennett, Ryan, Butler, Harmon the main ones. I'd expect them to lose Ryan to a higher bidder, they'll keep Butler easily as he's a RFA, think they'll extend both Bennett and Hightower too.

Pats have a bunch of cap space (projected 3rd in the league i believe), so I would expect them to be fairly active in the market signing the usual bunch of white WRs, and low level linebackers they do.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down