6 Nations 2017...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

6 nations 2017 - VOTE

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 15 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 12 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 12 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 64

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty 6 Nations 2017...

Post by No9 on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

In a manner typical of today's age, lets not bother playing the 6 Nations and follow the current trend of just putting it to a public vote..

Terms and Conditions:
The vote will remain open for a bit after the OP has been posted [a bit being a measure of time defined by the OP if the result is not what he wanted].
In the event the OP doesn't like the result, the OP has the casting vote.
Do not vote after the poll has closed, as you may be charged anyway.

No9

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down


6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 11:41 am

Scottrf wrote:2 wins in 4 games this decade.

One of those wins was a RWC warm up match though. The one where Tuilagi crippled David Wallace. In the last 10 years England have only won one six nations game in Dublin.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Cyril on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

A lucky win against an injury-ravaged NZ in a circus game in Trumpland and these Irish think they're the cat's pajamas! Smile

Cyril

Posts : 6745
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by TJ on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm

Similar to England beating NZ when the NZ players had food poisoning?

TJ

Posts : 7351
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Cyril on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:17 pm

TJ wrote:Similar to England beating NZ when the NZ players had food poisoning?
Yep. Similar to when Scotland played a 2nd/3rd string NZ side in an Autumn International.....

Oh, sorry Whistle

Fair play though TJ at least you're an Englishman who supports Scotland so we can't call you a glory supporter (like a certain someone)

Cyril

Posts : 6745
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by R!skysports on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:30 pm

Scotland for the Grand Slam - you heard it here first

(And likely only hear it here :-0 ))

- got to dream, right?

R!skysports

Posts : 3435
Join date : 2011-03-17

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:32 pm

Riskysports wrote:Scotland for the Grand Slam - you heard it here first

(And likely only hear it here :-0 ))

- got to dream, right?

I beat you to it a few days ago

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by TJ on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

Cyril wrote:
TJ wrote:Similar to England beating NZ when the NZ players had food poisoning?
Yep. Similar to when Scotland played a 2nd/3rd string NZ side in an Autumn International.....

Oh, sorry Whistle

Fair play though TJ at least you're an Englishman who supports Scotland so we can't call you a glory supporter (like a certain someone)

Very Happy

Its most unfair.  Born in the west country I was - and I end up an Edinburgh and Scotland supporter.  I could have been Bath and England fan and won a few things here and there Doh

TJ

Posts : 7351
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:47 pm

TJ wrote:
Cyril wrote:
TJ wrote:Similar to England beating NZ when the NZ players had food poisoning?
Yep. Similar to when Scotland played a 2nd/3rd string NZ side in an Autumn International.....

Oh, sorry Whistle

Fair play though TJ at least you're an Englishman who supports Scotland so we can't call you a glory supporter (like a certain someone)

Very Happy

Its most unfair.  Born in the west country I was - and I end up an Edinburgh and Scotland supporter.  I could have been Bath and England fan and won a few things here and there  Doh

You do seem to like to make things hard for yourself in all fairness.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by rodders on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 1:28 pm

Cyril wrote:A lucky win against an injury-ravaged NZ in a circus game in Trumpland and these Irish think they're the cat's pajamas! Smile

At least there is no norovirus in Trumpland.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25275
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Pot Hale on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 5:49 pm

Ireland are going to disappoint. I reckon Scotlamd and France will beat them. And be overwhelmed by England in a reprise of 2003.

Sexton will be taken out in the Scotland match as per and it'll be down to Jackson for the rest of the tourney.

Finn Russell to be 6N player of the tournament.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Pot Hale on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 5:52 pm

Cyril wrote:A lucky win against an injury-ravaged NZ in a circus game in Trumpland and these Irish think they're the cat's pajamas! Smile

I give this 1/10 for general wumminess. You can do better. Sit up at the front of the class for the next two weeks please.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 6522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 97
Location : Duffling

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Cyril on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
Cyril wrote:A lucky win against an injury-ravaged NZ in a circus game in Trumpland and these Irish think they're the cat's pajamas! Smile

I give this 1/10 for general wumminess.  You can do better.  Sit up at the front of the class for the next two weeks please.
Do guns and rodders get an extra point for being Irish? Lighten up Potty Smile

Cyril

Posts : 6745
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Cyril on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 10:57 pm

1st  games...

Ireland should thrash Scotland (by 20+)
England should beat France fairly comfortably (by 10+)
Wales should destroy Italy (by 40+)

Cyril

Posts : 6745
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by majesticimperialman on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 11:15 pm

Wales should destroy Italy (by 40+)


If Wales was playing at home. Maybe.

majesticimperialman

Posts : 5161
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by munkian on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 8:22 am

majesticimperialman wrote:Wales should destroy Italy (by 40+)


If Wales was playing at home. Maybe.

20 – 61 Last time we played then away. And we started slow.
munkian
munkian

Posts : 8456
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 38
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:03 am

Cyril wrote:1st  games...

Ireland should thrash Scotland (by 20+)
England should beat France fairly comfortably (by 10+)
Wales should destroy Italy (by 40+)

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something special from Scotland this year. Glasgow hammered Leicester so you never know.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:05 am

Cyril wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Cyril wrote:A lucky win against an injury-ravaged NZ in a circus game in Trumpland and these Irish think they're the cat's pajamas! Smile

I give this 1/10 for general wumminess.  You can do better.  Sit up at the front of the class for the next two weeks please.
Do guns and rodders get an extra point for being Irish? Lighten up Potty Smile

I thought it was funny. Some people are getting really touchy in the lead up to the 6N.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Scottrf on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:06 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we see something special from Scotland this year. Glasgow hammered Leicester so you never know.
2 teams in Scotland, 12 in England. But yeah. Good point.

Scottrf

Posts : 13975
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:09 am

Id say it would only be 6 teams if you only counted England eligible players.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by TJ on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:42 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

You do seem to like to make things hard for yourself in all fairness.
Erm Shocked

TJ

Posts : 7351
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by TJ on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:43 am

here is a prediction for you -Scotland score the most tries - and also concede the most

TJ

Posts : 7351
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:50 am

TJ wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

You do seem to like to make things hard for yourself in all fairness.
 Erm Shocked

Very Happy boxing

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by No9 on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:17 pm

So the conclusion I draw from this poll is.. 47 voters didn't read the T&Cs, and as such they have wasted their votes but will still be charged. Of the remaining 5 voters, 3 have voted for the correct winner but are a little pessimistic, and only 2 voters have voted spot on...

Whistle


No9

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2013-09-20
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by mystiroakey on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:32 pm

TJ wrote:here is a prediction for you -Scotland score the most tries - and also concede the most


i will give you 100/1

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by TJ on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:49 pm

Done mystiroakey

Which bit don't you think they will do?

TJ

Posts : 7351
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Breadvan on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:49 pm

Italy in Rome could be the proverbial, cliché banana skin for Wales. Italy with some decent coaches and buoyed by beating SA. Wales slow starters and Howley in charge. chin
Breadvan
Breadvan

Posts : 2789
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Cardiff

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by mystiroakey on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:51 pm

TJ wrote:Done mystiroakey

Which bit don't you think they will do?

both.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by TJ on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:20 pm

Remind me after the 6N old chap.

TJ

Posts : 7351
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Cyril on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:26 pm

Interestingly, Scotland have scored fewer tries (102) than Italy (105) in the 6 Nations to date.

Cyril

Posts : 6745
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by RiscaGame on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:56 pm

Breadvan wrote:Italy in Rome could be the proverbial, cliché banana skin for Wales. Italy with some decent coaches and buoyed by beating SA. Wales slow starters and Howley in charge. chin

Lost to Tonga the week after though?

RiscaGame

Posts : 2916
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Breadvan on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm

I didn't know that lol
Breadvan
Breadvan

Posts : 2789
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : Swansea & Cardiff

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by TJ on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:11 pm

Cyril wrote:Interestingly, Scotland have scored fewer tries (102) than Italy (105) in the 6 Nations to date.

Not really surprising as until two years ago we didn't have an attack!

TJ

Posts : 7351
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by emack2 on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 5:07 pm

IF you read the Media since the end of the AI`s it is not a question,just a matter of England
establishing a record number of wins[23].Another Grand Slam,unbeaten season and IRB
number 1 side.
THAT of course is on2016 form,England have many injury problems which of course gives
other players a chance to establish themselves.
IF you go on Club form the France,Ireland,and Scotland are all showing great improvements.
Wales needed a kick up the **** before they came to life in the last 20 minutes of a game
Italy will always win the odd game.
THAT again presupposes 2016 form and with the tackle directives being enforced rigourously
a repeat of the Argentina farce is possible[a red and 2 yellow cards for each side must be a record]
Bring it on and the best team win

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 5:21 pm

Which media. Be a darling and post a link would you.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18801
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by emack2 on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 5:05 am

Reports page planet rugby,guardian,Mail,here,don`t be coy you must have read the same.
Can`t use emoticons for some reason have vanished on my PC over last few days.Windows 10
has a mind of its own.

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by nathan on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Cyril wrote:1st  games...

Ireland should thrash Scotland (by 20+)
England should beat France fairly comfortably (by 10+)
Wales should destroy Italy (by 40+)

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something special from Scotland this year. Glasgow hammered Leicester so you never know.

Laugh

Wouldn't use leicesters performances as a barometer for England's, that's just a bit daft.

nathan

Posts : 10897
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by nathan on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 8:49 am

emack2 wrote:Reports page planet rugby,guardian,Mail,here,don`t be coy you must have read the same.
Can`t use emoticons for some reason have vanished on my PC over last few days.Windows 10
has a mind of its own.

Let's be honest here, you are talking rubbish

nathan

Posts : 10897
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Rugby Fan on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 9:22 am

emack2 wrote:Reports page planet rugby,guardian,Mail,here,don`t be coy you must have read the same.
I've read all those, and none say all England need to do is turn up to win, or any other expression of certainty over match results.

Rugby Fan

Posts : 5789
Join date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:24 am

No not read any either.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18801
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Taylorman on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 12:36 pm

Eddie Jones to use the bonus points incentives as the backdrop and reason to score more tries, to dominate the series, something they've struggled with in 6Ns early on recently.

Despite the injuries and a couple of tricky away matches, the last at Aviva the potential decider, England to run away with the series with the ever manic Jones getting even more out of the squad mentally and tactically than last year.

GS once again, going away this time

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by emack2 on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 3:08 pm

RUBBISH is it?true the planet rugby board is a lot of wums.BUT after the AI`s there were
definitely comments.About England winning all there matches up to the Ireland Game,
when they would equal or break NZ`s unbeaten run record.

emack2

Posts : 3686
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 76
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by No 7&1/2 on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 3:20 pm

Fair enough if some people have expressed that as their belief. Thought when you said the media were stating it not as a question you were suggesting that the media were saying it was already done not that some people at the bottom of the internet were saying it using media sites.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 18801
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by lostinwales on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 3:22 pm

Just feel its a bit like me going on another site and stating 'all wombles are nazi's' then complaining about right wing wombles on this site and citing the other as a reference

lostinwales

Posts : 8594
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Taylorman on Mon 30 Jan 2017, 3:54 am

emack2 wrote:RUBBISH is it?true the planet rugby board is a lot of wums.BUT after the AI`s there were
definitely comments.About England winning all there matches up to the Ireland Game,
when they would equal or break NZ`s unbeaten run record.

Hope they do break the record Alan, gives the ABs something to strive for.

The records no use when you have it. Sure you might have the streak but for a side like the ABs it's something to set up your next couple of seasons by. No good having that one already, better having it as something to chase, the extraneous benefits from pursuing it far outweigh the record itself, as England is finding already.

Taylorman

Posts : 11404
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2017...  - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations 2017...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum