The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey. - Eddie Jones

+8
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
emack2
SecretFly
lostinwales
Poorfour
LondonTiger
mystiroakey
12 posters

Go down

Hey. - Eddie Jones Empty Hey. - Eddie Jones

Post by mystiroakey Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Not sure if you remember me - had a few years of.

anyway. How good is Eddie Jones? - take it as a rhetorical question or answer - however you want Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Hey. - Eddie Jones Empty Re: Hey. - Eddie Jones

Post by LondonTiger Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Eddie Jones is a very naughty boy.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:30 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Eddie Jones is a very naughty boy.

He's not a very naughty boy, he's the Messiah.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Eddie Jones is a very naughty boy.

Seems to make him a good fit for England..

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:35 pm

He has one evil eye and thankfully a much nicer one on the other side of his nose.  So, in brief, he's schizophrenic.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:36 pm

It seems only yesterday[2013?]when people asked if Stuart Lancaster was
GOD. Rolling Eyes
Ask the same question in 2019 thumbsup

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm

wow you lot are still here!

cool.

I may have a chat during 6 nations. Is there a predictor/

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Jeez Mystir your still alive. Just in time for some 6 nations parley, welcome back.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 am

mystiroakey wrote:Not sure if you remember me - had a few years of.

anyway. How good is Eddie Jones? - take it as a rhetorical question or answer - however you want Wink

Hi ya Mysti, haven't been around myself much lately, do recall sharing some snooker with you years back. Going to take the long odds on Marco Fu taking Ronnie in a few hours and then the title. I think he's finally got his game to a level where he's a lot more consistent, and confident. Such an efficient stroke with little movement...point and shoot, love it. But then who knows...it is Ronnie after all...

Anyway I digress. Eddies had a good run. History says he'll burn out eventually as things start working against him but for now he's in a good place. Personally I think a number of the coaches touted for the position could have done something similar. England needed a huge wake up, and got it. Gotta respect his brash approach and I think Hartley was a master stroke. As soon as I heard that I thought geez that makes an awful lot of sense. He was making a point. This team is no longer going to take any cr-/ap. Whistle

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:54 am

emack2 wrote:It seems only yesterday[2013?]when people asked if Stuart Lancaster was
GOD. Rolling Eyes
Ask the same question in 2019 thumbsup

emack Wink

The brit kiwi fan - one of my fav posters despite the treason Wink

anyway - I think England fans were just hopeful under Stu. This time it feels much more of a reality.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Taylorman wrote:

Hi ya Mysti, haven't been around myself much lately, do recall sharing some snooker with you years back. Going to take the long odds on Marco Fu taking Ronnie in a few hours and then the title. I think he's finally got his game to a level where he's a lot more consistent, and confident. Such an efficient stroke with little movement...point and shoot, love it. But then who knows...it is Ronnie after all...

Anyway I digress. Eddies had a good run. History says he'll burn out eventually as things start working against him but for now he's in a good place. Personally I think a number of the coaches touted for the position could have done something similar. England needed a huge wake up, and got it. Gotta respect his brash approach and I think Hartley was a master stroke. As soon as I heard that I thought geez that makes an awful lot of sense. He was making a point. This team is no longer going to take any cr-/ap. Whistle

Hey you Smile

England do have a very good squad which is why us fans have been head scratching for so long....- if we didn't there would be something seriously wrong(due to size of player pool) But Eddies handling of the media as well as results put him above almost any manager in any sport at present. Stu didn't really have that experience or composure and he didn't put/apply his confidence onto the players - the game seems so much more simple under Eddie - what a man Wink.

re snooker. I will stick it on.. I have actually been playing a bit recently. I will be backing Ronnie mind.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Taylorman wrote:

T/man. I always thought Hartley was an obvious choice as skipper, for years Ive watched Hartley develop, and I have always been reminded of a young Sean Fitzpatrick, only difference being that Sean got into more fights with members of opposing front rows and arguments with refs than Hartley.

But personalities like that make brilliant captains.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:41 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Hey you Smile

England do have a very good squad which is why us fans have been head scratching for so long....-  if we didn't there would be something seriously wrong(due to size of player pool) But Eddies handling of the media as well as results put him above almost any manager in any sport at present. Stu didn't really have that experience or composure and he didn't put/apply his confidence onto the players - the game seems so much more simple under Eddie - what a man Wink.

re snooker. I will stick it on.. I have actually been playing a bit recently. I will be backing Ronnie mind.

And so it was, geez the difference a new tip can make for Ronnie.

Just finished the Hawkins Perry match, great game and nice to see another one of these twenty years a pro with few wins get there. Oddly it's still an old heads game. It is here in NZ as well but there's a sign of a bit of youth coming through finally.

Good England squad? Don't know the newbies but good to see the season starting again.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 am

I just think it's the shame the work of Borthwick and Gustard has been mostly ignored by England fans and the media.

Borthwick has got the set piece, notably the lineout working like clockwork and somehow Hartley takes all the credit for that. At the breakdown, England have been pretty effective.

The England defence hasn't necessarily been outstanding but it's been tenacious and England have added a bit of grit and bite.

Jones and Hartley are supposedly the masterminds, everyone else.... well they just hang off their coat tails.... that's my opinion anyway.

Jones has been smart because he brought in Gustard and Borthwick but doesn't mean Jones should take all the plaudits.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:23 pm

England have had a good lineout for a fair while. It's. Not a major area of struggle or even under performance. Scrum was where we were so so under Lancaster and still an area to improve.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:57 pm

beshocked wrote:I just think it's the shame the work of Borthwick and Gustard has been mostly ignored by England fans and the media.

Borthwick has got the set piece, notably the lineout working like clockwork and somehow Hartley takes all the credit for that.  At the breakdown, England have been pretty effective.

The England defence hasn't necessarily been outstanding but it's been tenacious and England have added a bit of grit and bite.

Jones and Hartley are supposedly the masterminds, everyone else.... well they just hang off their coat tails.... that's my opinion anyway.

Jones has been smart because he brought in Gustard and Borthwick but doesn't mean Jones should take all the plaudits.

oh ok. ta, the assistants. But a good manager gets the right staff...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:22 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:England have had a good lineout for a fair while. It's. Not a major area of struggle or even under performance.  Scrum was where we were so so under Lancaster and still an area to improve.

Yes the lineout was world class in the RWC. Hence why Lancaster picked two players to look after T.Youngs.... bloody brilliant.

All 3 had stormers and england went on to lift the trophy.....

Lineout worked like clockwork vs Wales, especially when Robshaw decided to kick for the corner in that famous win vs the Welsh..... Laugh

It's not necessarily always about how many lineouts you win, it's about how clean the ball is and how it's utilised.

Even you as a Lancaster fanboy surely would admit England's lineout is in a better position now?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm

It's returned to how it was under Lancaster second year (I think it was) where we went through the AI s with a 100 per cent record looking really good. Not a Lancaster fan boy by the way just always like to discuss points and when someone wedges themselves in a position that can't be moved.ill naturally challenge the view. Good to know if a rolling maul is defended in the 6Ns it means Borthwick has messed up though!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm a Lancaster fanboy. Doing a great job at Leinster.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:46 pm

What do you reckon to Farrell? It was mainly them 2 who getting it in the neck though Rowntree was starting to get criticism towards the end? Change is as good as a rest.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Farrell is making a big difference with Ireland too. He is an impressive character. Sometimes a new coach can make a big difference very quickly because the changes they make make a side less predictable. It will be interesting to see if Ireland's defense continues to thrive under Farrell.

However, to date he has made a really big difference, no question.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm a believer that you need to keep the team fresh. I supported Lancaster remaining in post yet I would have liked to see some shakeup in his staff. Jones though still very new is bringin in 'guest coaches' every series. Whether it works longer term time will tell and you've obviously got to consider that with the age of the team they'll get better or certainly have the potential to.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:29 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm a believer that you need to keep the team fresh. I supported Lancaster remaining in post yet I would have liked to see some shakeup in his staff. Jones though still very new is bringin in 'guest coaches' every series. Whether it works longer term time will tell and you've obviously got to consider that with the age of the team they'll get better or certainly have the potential to.

One thing is certain, when Jones' time is over with England, he won't know what hit him.  Life won't be so luxurious as now. He's the proverbial kid in a sweet shop.  

"Let's bring in some new coaches just for the season."
"Let's do what?   If you want to personally fund them, go ahead."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Oh well.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:32 am

SecretFly wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm a believer that you need to keep the team fresh. I supported Lancaster remaining in post yet I would have liked to see some shakeup in his staff. Jones though still very new is bringin in 'guest coaches' every series. Whether it works longer term time will tell and you've obviously got to consider that with the age of the team they'll get better or certainly have the potential to.

One thing is certain, when Jones' time is over with England, he won't know what hit him.  Life won't be so luxurious as now. He's the proverbial kid in a sweet shop.  

"Let's bring in some new coaches just for the season."
"Let's do what?   If you want to personally fund them, go ahead."

If he keeps getting results - he will keep getting backed - well (as you say)as long as he stays at England I am hoping 30 years Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:34 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:What do you reckon to Farrell? It was mainly them 2 who getting it in the neck though Rowntree was starting to get criticism towards the end? Change is as good as a rest.

I think he is becoming world class and many doubted that ability before, based on last year - he did little wrong.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:32 am

The thing I'm not sure about with Eddie is the twinkly eyes. Is it smirky smug or is he just batshit crazy? Probably smirky smug but the jury's out.
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:58 am

Why has my thread got a red bar on it Sad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down