The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

+41
Pot Hale
marty2086
Mad for Chelsea
Majestic83
alive555
exile jack
Anglobraveheart
XR
TJ
Nematode
SirBurger
rapidsnowman
formerly known as Sam
Welly
GLove39
InjuredYetAgain
RuggerRadge2611
bsando
EST
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
funnyExiledScot
Manky-Flanker
CraigS1874
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
nickj
EWT Spoons
Dollar Bill
tigertattie
George Carlin
R!skysports
IanBru
cakeordeath
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
45 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/
http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

A NOT SO BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME-WASTING   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 CUP - PAST RESULTS   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 396067

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 YouTube-logo-full_color
Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Both European Finals are at Murrayfield. Fingers Crossed

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:13 pm

Where's RuggerRadge these days? He seems to have disappeared again.

Fife is a dangerous place to stay! I hope he's ok.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by RDW Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:15 pm

He popped up after the Ireland game - his line of work doesn't often give him access to the internet I think (he's a spy BTW)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 2:59 pm

tigertattie wrote:Where's RuggerRadge these days? He seems to have disappeared again.

Fife is a dangerous place to stay! I hope he's ok.

I'm just quietly sitting here, watching you and other like you mocking the wonderful kingdom of Fife. Building a list. Paitiently waiting for my time to strike. Like a coiled spring. Striking like a cobra, unseen and deadly.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Best-rambo-survival-knife-600x451

In all seriousness I've just moved house and haven't had my broadband installed yet. The data plan on my mobile phone is getting a proverbial prison shaming in terms of how I'm using it at the moment. It's not a pretty sight.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:02 pm

Who are you going with for your broadband?

Did you know it can take two weeks to get an engineer out to install a new line? WTF!!!

Also, are you really a spy?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:11 pm

tigertattie wrote:Who are you going with for your broadband?
Sky, got a terrific deal from a mate who works there. Sky Fiber that is, huzzah.

tigertattie wrote:Did you know it can take two weeks to get an engineer out to install a new line? WTF!!!
Tell me about it. My wife is behaving like the queen of the harpies because she cant stream horrendous popular music and blast it through the tinny speakers on her mobile phone to irritate me. Instead she is just whinging at me constantly about how the lack of broadband is my fault since I uttered the dooming words "don't worry about that babe, I have it covered." An error to be sure.

tigertattie wrote:Also, are you really a spy?
If I was, you surely couldn't expect me to answer that would you? Suffice to say I have a very interesting job as a civilian working closely with all branches of our armed forces. Think Q Branch from the 007 stuff and you aren't too far away.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm

Also, I think I slipped into a coma on Friday night after watching some of the Edinburgh vs Munster game.

That match should have deffo came with the "don't operate heavy machinery whilst watching this match" warning.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:22 pm

Can you make me an exploding pen?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm

a pen? that's a bit of a cliche isn't it?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:33 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:a pen? that's a bit of a cliche isn't it?

Is your boss called Ivana Humpalot?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 3:41 pm

Well it's that or a machine that works out the lottery numbers!

Or a gun that is invisible ans silent which will allow me to kill all the managers at my work who annoy me!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:02 pm

tigertattie wrote:

Or a gun that is invisible ans silent which will allow me to kill all the managers at my work who annoy me!
Do you not think the pile of bodies surrounding your work space (with you whistling quietly in the middle) might point to you?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 Empty Glasgow Warriors expected to sign Stormers prop Oli Kebble

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:17 pm

BBC Sport wrote:Glasgow Warriors are expected to sign former South Africa Under-20 prop Oli Kebble from Super Rugby side Stormers.

The 24-year-old will follow friend and club-mate, Scotland centre Huw Jones, in moving to Scotstoun next season after his commitments in South Africa.

It is thought Kebble is considered a project player by Scottish Rugby, who have monitored him for several years.

As he is not tied to South Africa, the prop could become eligible to represent Scotland after three years' residency.

Kebble, the son of ex-Springbok prop Guy Kebble, who won four caps from 1993-94, won the 2012 Junior World Championship with South Africa Under-20s.

Edinburgh and Scotland prop Allan Dell was also a member of the same squad.

The 124kg (19st 7lb) prop is chiefly a loose-head, but can play on either side of the scrum.

He has made 34 appearances for the Stormers in Super Rugby and helped Western Province to the 2014 Currie Cup title.

His provincial coach John Dobson said in September that Kebble "has the ability to be the best loose-head in the world".

If selected, Kebble would be a candidate to follow South Africa-born WP Nel and Josh Strauss, who are both regular Scotland internationals after completing their respective 36 months of residency.

Nel has won 15 Scotland caps since becoming eligible aged 29 after three years at Edinburgh
Edinburgh back-row forward Cornell du Preez has also been included in Scotland squads after becoming eligible, but has yet to make his Test debut.

However, World Rugby vice-president Agustin Pichot is lobbying to increase the three-year window to five - a strategy backed by England's Rugby Football Union, and the Welsh Rugby Union.

France's national federation confirmed in December it would stop selecting "foreign players" without French passports.

As things stand, Scotland internationals Alex Allan and Zander Fagerson are the only senior props contracted to Glasgow for next season.

Scotland loose-head Gordon Reid is out of contract at the end of the season, as are D'arcy Rae and Canada international Djustice Sears-Duru.

Scotland's Ryan Grant has joined Worcester Warriors, while Tongan tight-head Sila Puafisi will move to Brive at the end of the campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38910070

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

Oli Kebble
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 3 _94225088_kebble_stormers_gettyg
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:22 pm

IanBru wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

Do you not think the pile of bodies surrounding your work space (with you whistling quietly in the middle) might point to you?

well if anyone suspects anything, I'll shoot them too!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:57 pm

If Kebble is coming then that may well mean that Gordie reid is off to LI as has been speculated.

Moving another club stalwart on may not go down well with the hard core fans (sse the Glasgow Rugby forum reaction to the news about Simone) but again there may be some method in the madness.

What has been patently obvious over this year and last is that the Glasgow squad is imbalanced and we have to many players being called up to the Scotland squad at a time. This is a great reflection on how the club has performed and developed players but it causes havoc in the international windows and is effecting our league placement. I don't think any club side in the 6N takes the same battering as we do and if anything, it is worst in the autumn when the NSQ internationalist are away as well.

It seems to me that someone has taken a good hard look at this and has made some tough decesions, mainly that SF in particular was a luxury we could not afford. Gordy R as well was probably looking for a decent pay rise and Kebble is going to be a lot cheaper and will be available a lot more. He may or may not become SQ in time, depending on how and when the new rules pan out but it will keep us covered with a highly regarded prop for at least three years in any case.

This strikes me as some very pragmatic thinking.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:03 pm

One of the journo's was tweating yesterday or monday as well, that apparently Huw Jones did not cost Glasgow anything like as much as you would have imagined, suggesting that he was significantly cheaper than MB may have been. Players from SA do generally come quite cheap, they just do not earn anything like as much money there as they do in the north.

He suggested that there may be a little bit more left in the kitty than initially thought and that they may have another look at hanging onto Josh Strauss. I would not have any great issues about that if we could afford it.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 08 Feb 2017, 6:21 pm

BigGee wrote:One of the journo's was tweating yesterday or monday as well, that apparently Huw Jones did not cost Glasgow anything like as much as you would have imagined, suggesting that he was significantly cheaper than MB may have been. Players from SA do generally come quite cheap, they just do not earn anything like as much money there as they do in the north.

He suggested that there may be a little bit more left in the kitty than initially thought and that they may have another look at hanging onto Josh Strauss. I would not have any great issues about that if we could afford it.

If the cost is me giving him a Johnson-Griggs style talking to.... I'm your man.

If the cost is calling him Bluto to his face... I'll only consider it if yon fella with the invisible gun is standing beside me.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 08 Feb 2017, 6:25 pm

And I'd want to see the gun first to be sure....these Fifers can be tricky, you know.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 08 Feb 2017, 8:18 pm

Nice interview with the Shuggie boy:

And he sounds as Edinburgh as anything.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:10 am

weirdest accent ever
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:19 am

These hybrid accents are fascinating. My Canadian aunt (moved from Scotland in early 20s and has now been there for over 50 years) is like that, one sentance is Scottish, the next North American and the rest somewhere in between.

The only thing that seems to be lacking in Huw's is any hint of Scottish!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:21 am

One of my former colleague's is Swiss, went to school in England as a teenager then moved to Scotland for Uni - he has a hell of a weird accent but apparently English people think he's Scottish!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:28 am

I've got quite a strange one, so much so that Jimbo's awesome son-in-law eventually turned to me at the ABC bar at Welford Road (having spent the day listening to me chat utter c**p) and said "So... where are you actually from?"

Growing up in Cincinnati, Guildford and Glasgow to Hebridean parents will do that to you.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:35 am

Similar for me. I was born in Wales, Dad's from Glasgow and lived in the US for my teenage years (where in retaining my accent, I ended up sounding more like Dad) before uni in Durham (think private school English as opposed to Geordie/Macam).

Americans think I sound like Harry Potter and British folk can't place me (unless I am hammered in which case I turn Irish/Scottish)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:36 am

Cincinnati? Are you an Indian?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 10:22 am

Rory Hughes joins the growing band of signed up Warriors for next season, a two year extension. Another bit of good business.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:10 pm

Glasgow get a pretty decent side out this weekend against Scarlets, despite all the Scotland call offs.

Cummings, Vernon and Rory Hughes all back from injury and Henry P and Rob Harley released from the Scotland squad. The venerable Sean is also recovered from injury and is on the bench. We may get to see the first look at Hagen Schulte as well, as he is covering 10 off the bench.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:11 pm

CDP not in the squad and not listed as injured. Manu is inured, again!

Acting Head Coach Duncan Hodge has named one personnel change to the starting Edinburgh Rugby XV for tomorrow’s clash against Ulster at Kingspan Stadium (Friday 10 February, kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC ALBA.

Mata races in for a try against Ulster

Fijian back-row Viliame Mata is set to pack down on the blindside flank in his first Guinness PRO12 start since his side’s 28-17 victory over the Ulstermen in November.

Hodge, said: “We’ve named a settled side to head to Belfast, for what will be a tough encounter against a strong Ulster side.

“As a squad, we were frustrated with last week’s result against Munster, and know the last 20 minutes of the game let us down. The aim is to make amends and perform positively and consistently for the whole 80 minutes this week.

“Ulster is always a great fixture and we look forward to going over there and showing our intent from the first whistle."

Blair Kinghorn and Damien Hoyland both make their 13th consecutive start in the side, with Tom Brown taking up a spot on the wing to join them in the back-three.

Chris Dean and Phil Burleigh continue as the centre combination, while Sean Kennedy and Jason Tovey are named as the half-backs.

Neil Cochrane continues as captain and hooker, with Jack Cosgrove and Murray McCallum taking up the loosehead and tighthead prop berths respectively.

Ben Toolis continues at lock alongside Fraser McKenzie, who was recently voted as SCRUM Player of the Month for January.

Magnus Bradbury moves from the blindside flank to number eight to accommodate for Mata, with John Hardie completing the back-row as openside flanker.

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Ulster at the Kingspan Stadium in the Guinness PRO12 tomorrow (Friday 10 February, kick-off 7.35pm) – live on BBC ALBA

15. Blair Kinghorn

14. Damien Hoyland
13. Chris Dean
12. Phil Burleigh
11. Tom Brown

10. Jason Tovey
9. Sean Kennedy

1. Jack Cosgrove
2. Neil Cochrane CAPTAIN
3. Murray McCallum
4. Fraser McKenzie
5. Ben Toolis
6. Viliame Mata
7. John Hardie
8. Magnus Bradbury

Replacements

16. Stuart McInally
17. Derrick Appiah
18. Nick Beavon
19. Lewis Carmichael
20. Viliami Fihaki
21. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22. Michael Allen
23. Rory Scholes

Players unavailable due to injury: Kevin Bryce (shoulder), Alasdair Dickinson (foot), Will Helu (hand), Nasi Manu (shoulder), WP Nel (neck), Alex Northam (Achilles), Rory Sutherland (groin), Kyle Whyte (knee)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:23 pm

You would have thought that after the apalling display last weekend, a few changes might have been in order but nothing of any consequence.

The rumour is that edinburgh are going after Richard Cockrill so Hodge must feel that it is all closing in on him.

It is interesting who is not picked, as much as who is. Grant Gilchrist seeems to be completely out of favour, hard to imagine that Scotland have kept him in the squad. Jamie Ritchie is nowhere to be seen, surely he would be a better bench bet that the Tongan. Anton Bressler is fit again and has been playing some club rugby, you would have thought a cold wet night in belfast might be right up his street as well, surely worth a run off the bench.

Hard to see Edinburgh getting any kind of a result over there unless they do a complete turnaround on last week and if they manage to do that with the same players, you have to ask some questions about that as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:26 pm

Gilchrist was the 25th man for Scotland I think - I'm sure I saw him arrive with the squad at Murrayfield.

According to Hodge it was the last 20 minutes that let us down - I'd say the first 60 minutes weren't great either!

Agreed on Bresler though - he's surely a better bench option than the young lock if he is fit. Bresler's contract is up this summer so hopefully it isn't a sign that we're getting rid of him?

Jamie Ritchie isn't getting much of a look in just now - he's still young and I'm sure his time will come but it's not ideal to have him missing games week in week out.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:54 pm

15. Peter Murchie (112)
14. Lee Jones (47)
13. Nick Grigg (11)
12. Sam Johnson (21)
11. Rory Hughes (24)
10. Rory Clegg (15)
9. Henry Pyrgos (117)

1. Alex Allan (41)
2. Pat MacArthur (148)
3. D’arcy Rae (17)
4. Brian Alainu’uese (7)
5. Scott Cummings (9)
6. Rob Harley (153)
7. Chris Fusaro (118)
8. Adam Ashe (32)

Replacements

16. James Malcolm (16)
17. Jamie Bhatti (1)
18. Sila Puafisi (34)
19. Richie Vernon (86)
20. Lewis Wynne (10)
21. Grayson Hart (29)
22. Hagen Schulte (0)
23. Sean Lamont (108)

Not available due to injury: Peter Horne (knee / ankle), Greg Peterson (shoulder) and Leonardo Sarto (shoulder).

Where is Uanivi? If he is healthy, surely he would be a better bench option?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:58 pm

That has got to be one of the worst benches Glasgow has put out in a long time! Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:27 pm

and Glasgow have another signing coming up later on at 14.30.

We are getting spoilled this week.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm

BigGee wrote:and Glasgow have another signing coming up later on at 14.30.

Who is left of players who are out of contract outside of Bennett, Reid and Strauss?

I am thinking maybe Brian, Peterson, Uanivi, Kenatale, Hart, Junior, Lyle and Clegg.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:42 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:

Who is left of players who are out of contract outside of Bennett, Reid and Strauss?

I am thinking maybe Brian, Peterson, Uanivi, Kenatale, Hart, Junior, Lyle and Clegg.

Or it could be a newbe, Hastings, Kebble or there is rumour of another South African FH.

Of your list Peterson has already signed and I would be surprised if any of the others except maybe Junior put pen to paper for next season.

You can add Horne Snr the list who are likely to sign up though, rumoured to have done so already, but nothing official yet.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:55 pm

Is Big Brian only on a short-term deal? I think he's been a cracking signing and adds some of the nastiness and heft that we've sometimes lacked. I'd like him to stay. Did someone also suggest a member of the Fourth Estate had Strauss staying on? I'd be delighted if that was true or if Hardie swapped cities.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:03 pm

BigGee wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:

Or it could be a newbe, Hastings, Kebble or there is rumour of another South African FH.

Of your list Peterson has already signed and I would be surprised if any of the others except maybe Junior put pen to paper for next season.

You can add Horne Snr the list who are likely to sign up though, rumoured to have done so already, but nothing official yet.
The rumour is that it's the South Africa U20, Stormers and Western Province fly half Brandon Thomson on a 3 month loan. Apparantly Stirling County (with whom he will be shared) announced it on their twitter today, and let the cat out of the bag a bit!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:07 pm

IanBru wrote:
BigGee wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:

The rumour is that it's the South Africa U20, Stormers and Western Province fly half Brandon Thomson on a 3 month loan. Apparantly Stirling County (with whom he will be shared) announced it on their twitter today, and let the cat out of the bag a bit!

potential project player?

If so, then I'm going to agree with the RFU and WRU that residency qualification should be extended to 5 years!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:34 pm

He shoots, he scores.
Glasgow Warriors wrote:BREAKING: Glasgow Warriors have signed fly-half Brandon Thomson on a two-month deal from @THESTORMERS in South Africa #WelcomeBrandon
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:02 pm

Apparently Brandon Thompson has a Scottish Grandparent.

We are down to our bare bones at FH for the next 6 weeks, if Clegg gets injured we are in big trouble. I guess they can have a look at him and see what he is like.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:14 pm

BigGee wrote:Apparently Brandon Thompson has a Scottish Grandparent.

We are down to our bare bones at FH for the next 6 weeks, if Clegg gets injured we are in big trouble. I guess they can have a look at him and see what he is like.

I don't know about that - you have Hagen Schulte!

Whoever the feck that is.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:20 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I don't know about that - you have Hagen Schulte!

He was fantastic in 'District 9'.

IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm

Hagen Schulte will probably head home and be picked up as starting 10 for the Blues http://theblues.co.nz/players/piers-francis/

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:43 pm

Canny bt of work going on with Warriors and Stormers/Western Province at moment. Slick!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:49 pm

IanBru wrote:

"Get outta mah way you fookin pron"
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:15 pm

Tiger.....I'm very very disappointed in the lack of interesting facts coming from you since Saturday.

I think you need to buck your ideas up pal.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:32 pm

Thomson is no project player.

BBC Sport wrote:South Africa Under-20s cap Thomson, whose father is Scottish, has played six times in Super Rugby for the Stormers and will provide cover for Finn Russell during his Six Nations participation with Scotland.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:50 pm

tigertattie wrote:
IanBru wrote:

"Get outta mah way you fookin pron"
"This whole's thing's under your shack? For 20 years, you've had this fookin' thing hidden out here? This is, this is very illegal."
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 5:19 pm

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:Thomson is no project player.

BBC Sport wrote:South Africa Under-20s cap Thomson, whose father is Scottish, has played six times in Super Rugby for the Stormers and will provide cover for Finn Russell during his Six Nations participation with Scotland.

With Hastings supposedly being offered a Glasgow contract for next year I reckon Thomson might well be playing for an Edinburgh contract if he does well over the next few weeks.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next