The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

+41
Pot Hale
marty2086
Mad for Chelsea
Majestic83
alive555
exile jack
Anglobraveheart
XR
TJ
Nematode
SirBurger
rapidsnowman
formerly known as Sam
Welly
GLove39
InjuredYetAgain
RuggerRadge2611
bsando
EST
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
funnyExiledScot
Manky-Flanker
CraigS1874
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
nickj
EWT Spoons
Dollar Bill
tigertattie
George Carlin
R!skysports
IanBru
cakeordeath
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
45 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/
http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

A NOT SO BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME-WASTING   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 CUP - PAST RESULTS   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 396067

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 YouTube-logo-full_color
Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Both European Finals are at Murrayfield. Fingers Crossed

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 10 Feb 2017, 2:09 am

MacKnocked-on wrote:
A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:Thomson is no project player.

BBC Sport wrote:South Africa Under-20s cap Thomson, whose father is Scottish, has played six times in Super Rugby for the Stormers and will provide cover for Finn Russell during his Six Nations participation with Scotland.

With Hastings supposedly being offered a Glasgow contract for next year I reckon Thomson might well be playing for an Edinburgh contract if he does well over the next few weeks.  

That would be tidy if Thomson is any good. Scottish rugby is short in the prospective fly-half department. Adam Hastings has had bugger all chances behind Priestland and Ford. Needs to go to Glasgow. Two FHs isn't enough for them.

Scotland have Russell, Weir, Jackson and Horne (and Hogg?!) who can cover fly half, however injures to our top lads still scare me, even though we technically have better squad depth than ever before.

The Fly Half Prospect Conundrum
Blair Kinghorn - Plays at fullback a lot, which may become his permanent position.
Rory Hutchinson - Usually plays centre for Northampton, if gets game time.
Hagen Schultz? Has anyone seen him play for his club? I guess we may see him tomorrow.

Oh and btw, I know that the great Ritchie Vernon can play every position on the pitch while blindfolded and with both hands tied behind his back, but it looks like he's covering lock on his first game back in ages... Shocked
Replacements: J Malcolm, J Bhatti, S Puafisi, R Vernon, L Wynne, G Hart, H Schulte, S Lamont.
What a hero.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by tigertattie Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:18 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Tiger.....I'm very very disappointed in the lack of interesting facts coming from you since Saturday.

I think you need to buck your ideas up pal.

The earliest recorded use in print of the phrase “Glasgow kiss” for a headbutt was in 1982.

The longest bar in Europe (for drinking in, not hitting people) is in Glasgow.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:37 am

tigertattie wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Tiger.....I'm very very disappointed in the lack of interesting facts coming from you since Saturday.

I think you need to buck your ideas up pal.

The earliest recorded use in print of the phrase “Glasgow kiss” for a headbutt was in 1982.

The longest bar in Europe (for drinking in, not hitting people) is in Glasgow.
I believe that it is the Swan Inn on Pollokshaws Road. I wore my legs to stumps running the length of it to serve "a pint an a hauf, youngster" to thirsty workers at the five thirty rush.
One day a regular was getting loud and aggressive. He was not in the first flush of youth and had a long history of alcohol related rammies. The landlady squared up to him and was about to read the Riot Act when he said,
"Don't bar me Jessie! If you do that I'll need to go to Edinburgh before I can get served anywhere.!" He then turned and walked serenely out the door.
Mind you, The Horseshoe always claims the longest bar,it being circular. I once had a couple of drinks in there with Craig Raine while discussing modern poetry with him. Who says Glasgow doesn't offer a rich and varied cultural experience?

p.s. Richie V second row ....what a legend.

Last edited by jimbopip on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:38 am

I thought it was the Horseshoe bar?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:59 am

Margaret Dickson was hanged in Edinburgh’s Grassmarket in 1724 but later awoke.

She was set free under Scots law, but the words “until dead” were later added to the sentence of hanging.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Feb 2017, 10:55 am

Someone fancy doing a quick match thread for the Edinburgh and Glasgow games?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:19 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Someone fancy doing a quick match thread for the Edinburgh and Glasgow games?

Personally think it's time Glove did one!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:48 am

Hardie was due to be starting for Edinburgh tonight, but is now benching for Scotland tomorrow. Wonder who'll be taking his place in the Edinburgh side.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:52 am

Strange that CDP is no-where to be seen!

Rested?

Emergency cover for Scotland?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:54 am

Jamie Ritchie is a straight swap for Hardie.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:01 pm

Hoyland just dropped the ball with the tryline begging after a lovely Tovey break. 12-5 to Ulster

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:06 pm

Piutau is tearing us to shreds!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:11 pm

Ulster are playing some lovely rugby, and every time we get the ball we knock it on. 22-5

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:13 pm

Edinburgh are terrible. That break from tovey was good but then he screwed it up with his pass to Hoyland.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 10 Feb 2017, 8:20 pm

Glasgow are absolute p!sh tonight.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:10 pm

Edinburgh done very well to get back to 24-18 but we have a very makeshift pack now with a few players making their debut!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:14 pm

Edinburgh running out of players - Allen and brown now down injured!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:16 pm

Who teaches the Edinburgh players how to go into contact? Jeez man they've put in some god awful tackles where their positioning is all wrong
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:23 pm

Unsurprisingly Edinburgh have lost all cohesion and are relying on individuals to make a difference but we're too easily turned over

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:26 pm

That was a poor game from Glasgow, we just could not hold onto the ball. One of the most frustrating games I have seen for ages!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:28 pm

Glasgow going to have to get some good results away from home now or our league season will be over. It really is touch and go now!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:30 pm

Great effort from Edinburgh and a losing bp a good result given the number of injuries.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Fri 10 Feb 2017, 9:57 pm

Was that 18 turnovers conceded by Glasgow? You cannot expect to win if you allow that..

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 11 Feb 2017, 6:00 am

Just saw the results. picard

I hope that both sides get some sort of progression in their European campaigns because our seasons really are not looking too clever.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Sat 11 Feb 2017, 10:09 am

Edinburgh were much better in the 2nd half, which seemed to coincide with SHC coming on. There was a lot more urgency about about the team, whereas before they were a bit lacklustre.

Still got problems at 10 though, Tovey just hasn't seemed up to standard for the last couple of weeks, couple of good breaks last night but then messed up by taking the wrong option.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 2:03 pm

Really bad result for Glasgow who were generally poor. Of the resigned players I thought Grigg had a few good moments and certainly has potential but I can't see what Rory Hughes has to offer, to me he looks slow and doesn't have much guile about him at all. I know he's been capped but I don't think he's an international standard player and I can't see him developing in to one.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:27 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Edinburgh were much better in the 2nd half, which seemed to coincide with SHC coming on. There was a lot more urgency about about the team, whereas before they were a bit lacklustre.

Still got problems at 10 though, Tovey just hasn't seemed up to standard for the last couple of weeks, couple of good breaks last night but then messed up by taking the wrong option.

I only watched the second half, but I did think SH-C played well and is looking closer to his best. With Laidlaw potentially out against Wales, he may find himself rapidly promoted to the Scotland bench.

We do seem to have ruined Tovey. Like many players at Edinburgh, they arrive seemingly to know their way around a rugby field, only to lose all sense and confidence in short order (I put Burleigh in this category as well). Bradbury still looks the business though. He's another that may find himself on Scotland duty before too long.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:29 pm

Bad weekend for concussions in Scottish rugby - I think there were 4 for Edinburgh and 3 for Scotland. I didn't see the Glasgow game.

A freak weekend or a sign of where the game is going?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:39 pm

I think there were 4 HIA's in the Scotland game

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:58 pm

Fascinating Fact of the day:

For one hour of the day it's three different days across the world! (so It's Sunday somewhere, Monday somewhere else and Tuesday somewhere else)

Bonus points if you can tell me where the places are and what time this happens!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:23 pm

Is this a trick question? If Sunday is the "day of rest", isn't it technically always Sunday in Glasgow?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:51 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Is this a trick question? If Sunday is the "day of rest", isn't it technically always Sunday in Glasgow?

ok, to keep it simple

It's Monday in location A, Tuesday in location B and Wednesday in location C
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:53 pm

I'm assuming the Pacific islands cover both the day behind and the day in advance?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I'm assuming the Pacific islands cover both the day behind and the day in advance?

well the international date line runs down there so that's a good place to start!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:05 pm

tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Is this a trick question? If Sunday is the "day of rest", isn't it technically always Sunday in Glasgow?

ok, to keep it simple

It's Monday in location A, Tuesday in location B and Wednesday in location C

Location A = American Samoa
Location B = fES Towers
Location C = Kiritimati

What is also interesting is that regardless of time zone and where you are in the world, Scott Johnson is still an idiot.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:29 pm

Ach I'll give you the points FES!

Alofi, Niue
NUT (UTC -11)
Fri, 10 Feb 2017
23:00

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
GMT (UTC +0)
Sat, 11 Feb 2017
10:00

Kiritimati, Kiribati
LINT (UTC +14)
Sun, 12 Feb 2017
00:00
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:33 pm

Points!!? Where are the cash prizes??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:41 pm

In other less trivial news, it looks as if Glasgow have already sold over 3000 of their ticket allocation for the Sarries game.

I got an email today telling me I am on a waiting list (with 1000 others) to fight for the remaining 500 at 14.00 on Thursday. That does not sound all that promising. I really wish that they had choosen a bigger stadium for this match, it looks like we could have shifted a lot more tickets.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:06 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Points!!? Where are the cash prizes??

you can convert your points into cash by speaking to our Admin fella!

Today's teaser!

What town is furthest away from Scotland! (note Antarctica's research stations don't count as towns)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:24 am

BigGee wrote:In other less trivial news, it looks as if Glasgow have already sold over 3000 of their ticket allocation for the Sarries game.

I got an email today telling me I am on a waiting list (with 1000 others) to fight for the remaining 500 at 14.00 on Thursday. That does not sound all that promising. I really wish that they had choosen a bigger stadium for this match, it looks like we could have shifted a lot more tickets.

Ah yes, the Glasgow way.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:25 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
BigGee wrote:In other less trivial news, it looks as if Glasgow have already sold over 3000 of their ticket allocation for the Sarries game.

At least we have things that are worth fighting for!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:28 am

BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I think you'll find we've got our own QF to look forward to!

I'm not so sure there will be so much of a problem selling the 65000 tickets though...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:31 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I think you'll find we've got our own QF to look forward to!

I'm not so sure there will be so much of a problem selling the 65000 tickets though...

Not seeing to much fisticuffs over them to be honest!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:43 am

This is a very strange request, but I hope my fellow poster will oblige.

We have recently had an overhaul of our internet security provision at work, and now this forum is sometimes blocked. With a combination of my phone and laptop and the process of Elimination I think the word "RiskySports" triggers our internet firewall at work and throws me out. This isn't a wind up BTW.

I have established this by noticing the only parts of the forum that are blocked to me (page 4 of this thread) and the latest page of the France Vs Scotland thread are blocked because either he has said something or has been quoted as saying something.

Sooooo, the request. Could you (RiskySports) change your name to something less Risky?

Of course you are well within your rights to tell me to pee off, but if you don't ask, you don't get! Smile
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:48 am

Watched the Scarlets game last night. 6-9 were terrible by their standards. Pyrgos did not seem to know where the ball was at the ruck half the time and failed to recognise that Scarlets were dominating and the ball needed to be gotten out quickly. Hart actually did a better job of looking after the ball.

Front 5 looked good and the back row will get a rocket up the backside for Ulster away. Wilson will hopefully be allowed an hour and Fusaro can be dropped.

Hopefully Johnson is okay but Vernon looked pretty good and Grigg had a good game defensively and carried well. His distribution needs work. Junior should start on one wing as the attacking threat was really lacking. Scarlets intercepted a few passes and it was pretty easy to see ahead of time that Scarlets were trying to rush up when they did.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:53 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:This is a very strange request, but I hope my fellow poster will oblige.

We have recently had an overhaul of our internet security provision at work, and now this forum is sometimes blocked. With a combination of my phone and laptop and the process of Elimination I think the word "RiskySports" triggers our internet firewall at work and throws me out. This isn't a wind up BTW.

I have established this by noticing the only parts of the forum that are blocked to me (page 4 of this thread) and the latest page of the France Vs Scotland thread are blocked because either he has said something or has been quoted as saying something.

Sooooo, the request. Could you (RiskySports) change your name to something less Risky?

Of course you are well within your rights to tell me to pee off, but if you don't ask, you don't get! Smile

Hi Rugger

Hope you don't get blocked too often!

Boobs, bums, willies, tinkles, risky, riskysports, Rugger's love sacks
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:59 am

Agreed Henry P did not have a good game and looks very short on form and confidence at the moment, slightly worrying when you consider he may have to bench for Scotland against Wales. The rising of Ali Price star seems to have knocked him out of kilter.

With a bit of luck, we will get a few players back for this game. Wilson as mentioned and hopefully Bennett, who has only really picked up splinters warming the bench for the past 2 weekends. Gordy Reid may merit a half hour as well.

Fusaro did not play well either and got killed by the Scarlets back row. Maybe this is the match to see what Matt Smith can bring to the party, we have given him a contract, so let's see what he can do.

I have a feeling that the new FH will get a run as well. Giving Hagen Schulte 30 seconds at the end of the game would suggest the coaches don't think he is the answer to our problems. Rory Clegg is steady but limited and just can't seem to get the back line moving as well.

I did hear someone say that Peter Horne is not to far away from fitness again either. It can't happen soon enough!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:03 am

tigertattie wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:This is a very strange request, but I hope my fellow poster will oblige.

Hi Rugger

Hope you don't get blocked too often!

Boobs, bums, willies, tinkles, risky, riskysports, Rugger's love sacks

Right folks let's hear the suggestions for Risky's new name!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:20 am

ButtMuncher?
TruffleButter?
TrumpsLeftHandMan?
Shnookums?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:55 am

Thanks guys that's most helpful
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next