The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

+41
Pot Hale
marty2086
Mad for Chelsea
Majestic83
alive555
exile jack
Anglobraveheart
XR
TJ
Nematode
SirBurger
rapidsnowman
formerly known as Sam
Welly
GLove39
InjuredYetAgain
RuggerRadge2611
bsando
EST
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
funnyExiledScot
Manky-Flanker
CraigS1874
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
nickj
EWT Spoons
Dollar Bill
tigertattie
George Carlin
R!skysports
IanBru
cakeordeath
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
45 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 30 Jan 2017, 20:05

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/
http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

A NOT SO BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME-WASTING   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 CUP - PAST RESULTS   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 396067

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 YouTube-logo-full_color
Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Both European Finals are at Murrayfield. Fingers Crossed

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 01:20; edited 2 times in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 14 Feb 2017, 21:16

Anyway, I wonder if in a non-bad taste way, Nel's injury could be fortuitous and put prospective clubs off him. No-one would want to spend big on him in case his neck packs in. I'd rather he stays on in more amicable terms, obviously.

I wonder if we can borrow some Mexican brickies to rebuild Hadrians Wall to stop Nel escaping...

Last edited by InjuredYetAgain on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 21:39; edited 1 time in total

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by RDW Tue 14 Feb 2017, 21:30

You have heard of Google Images yeah?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 14 Feb 2017, 21:38

What/who is this "Google" of which you speak?

Actually, I remember talking to someone about Jessica Ennis and said that she was ridiculously fit and you could grate carrots on her stomach muscles. To which he (understandably) asked why, if I had Jessica Ennis prone in front of me, would my first thought be to get some grated carrots.... In hindsight, it was a reasonable question for him to ask Very Happy

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 14 Feb 2017, 21:58

Laugh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 15 Feb 2017, 09:11

Laugh That's amazing.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 15 Feb 2017, 09:16

I'd grate my carrot on Jessica Run
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 15 Feb 2017, 09:46

Wow, this thread has declined rapidly.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 15 Feb 2017, 09:54

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Wow, this thread has declined rapidly.

It's all injured's fault!

You'd think he'd know better at his age!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:28

tigertattie wrote:I'd grate my carrot on Jessica Run
That comment is risky.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:33

Eejit wrote:
tigertattie wrote:I'd grate my carrot on Jessica Run
That comment is risky.

Hey!

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:34

Surely you mean R!sky

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:36

Now that rugger's not here we can spread gossip, hearsay and continue this thread's decline like it's the rest of Edinburgh's season.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:40

Eejit wrote:Now that rugger's not here we can spread gossip, hearsay and continue this thread's decline like it's the rest of Edinburgh's season.

Is it possible, with just words, to delve so deep into the poopie as an Edinburgh season?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:50

Oil Kebble to Glasgow confirmed. Looks like it's been accidentally uploaded to the Warriors website.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:53

Eejit wrote:Oil Kebble to Glasgow confirmed. Looks like it's been accidentally uploaded to the Warriors website.

Quite a slippery character?

I apologise.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:56

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:
Eejit wrote:Oil Kebble to Glasgow confirmed. Looks like it's been accidentally uploaded to the Warriors website.

I apologise.

He can also be a bit crude.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:57

R!skysports wrote:
Eejit wrote:Now that rugger's not here we can spread gossip, hearsay and continue this thread's decline like it's the rest of Edinburgh's season.

Is it possible, with just words, to delve so deep into the poopie as an Edinburgh season?
Not really. You would need a submersible pod, oven gloves, a priest and 9 tanks of oxygen.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:57

funnyExiledScot wrote:

I apologise.

His girlfriend finds him light and sweet, apparently.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 15 Feb 2017, 11:59

I hear he's virgin

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:00

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I apologise.

His girlfriend finds him light and sweet, apparently.

Perhaps he's a bit more refined than I thought.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:03

You all think you're so slick with your oil puns.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:05

There's a joke here about the SNP and North Sea Oil but I can't quite put one together!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:07

RDW_Scotland wrote:There's a joke here about the SNP and North Sea Oil but I can't quite put one together!
Oil prices have plummeted like Edinburgh's season?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:09

Eejit wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:There's a joke here about the SNP and North Sea Oil but I can't quite put one together!
Oil prices have plummeted like Edinburgh's season?

That doesn't really tie in with the new signing though!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:17

Are they looking to rig IndyRef2?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:20

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Oil hope not

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:20

Eejit wrote:You all think you're so slick with your oil puns.
We'll end up in Deepwater if we keep going with this.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:22

George Carlin wrote:
Eejit wrote:You all think you're so slick with your oil puns.
We'll end up in Deepwater if we keep going with this.

Agreed. We won't be able to Kebble together much more of this.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 15 Feb 2017, 12:28

all this talk of Oil will have the unwashed ones thinking about deep fried mars bars!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 15 Feb 2017, 13:54

In other news, I was in Tesco at the weekend and Sugar Puffs have been rebranded Honey Monster Puffs FFS. Is the word "sugar" only to be used in speak-easy"s? How is Weir supposed to order his lunch if he can't use "sugar"?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 15 Feb 2017, 13:56

For the avoidance of doubt, the "FFS" after the new name was purely of my making not a catastrophic marketing department gaff!

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed 15 Feb 2017, 13:59

funnyExiledScot wrote:

If they lose, they'll blame it on the Tory Canyon...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 15 Feb 2017, 15:29

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

If they lose, they'll blame it on the Tory Canyon...

That would be a good nickname for a few female Conservative Special Advisers I know.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 15 Feb 2017, 15:32

InjuredYetAgain wrote:In other news, I was in Tesco at the weekend and Sugar Puffs have been rebranded Honey Monster Puffs FFS. Is the word "sugar" only to be used in speak-easy"s?  How is Weir supposed to order his lunch if he can't use "sugar"?

Ridiculous, although I suspect Wee Duncan will manage somehow!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 15 Feb 2017, 15:41

funnyExiledScot wrote:
InjuredYetAgain wrote:In other news, I was in Tesco at the weekend and Sugar Puffs have been rebranded Honey Monster Puffs FFS. Is the word "sugar" only to be used in speak-easy"s?  How is Weir supposed to order his lunch if he can't use "sugar"?

Doesn't he just point at the pictures on the menu anyway?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 15 Feb 2017, 16:01

I know this has all been confirmed, but Hastings is joining Glasgow next season, Blackadder has pretty much announced it

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/bath-rugby-are-in-the-market-for-another-fly-half-as-adam-hastings-heads-for-glasgow-warriors/story-30136538-detail/story.html

Blackadder Via Bath Chronical wrote:Adam Hastings will join Glasgow Warriors next season, meaning Bath Rugby are in the market for another fly-half as well as Freddie Burns.

The Chronicle understands a deal has been done for the talented 20-year-old to move to the high-flying Guinness Pro12 side.

Bath's director of rugby Todd Blackadder confirmed the son of Scotland legend Gavin Hastings will not be at the club next season and that if he does join Glasgow as expected, it would be good for his development.

"If Adam moves to Glasgow he'll be under the guidance of (former Waikato Chiefs head coach) Dave Rennie," he said.

"He would go to Glasgow to be their number two fly-half and he wouldn't have been that here, so it makes sense. I would understand that decision."

You can't expect too much from tens early on," the DoR added. "They play in the hardest position on the field.

"They've got to have a great skillset and be really good decision-makers. They take time to develop."

Hastings joined Bath's academy in the summer of 2015 from Millfield School in Somerset and captained the club in the Premiership Singha 7s tournament.

A regular starter in the Aviva A League, he made a couple of Premiership starts during the Six Nations last season, but during this campaign his league appearances have been restricted to a total of 71 minutes from three bench cameos.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 15 Feb 2017, 16:24

Still say he should come to Edinburgh and we can offload Weir to Newcastle (they seem to like buying washed up Scottish internationalists)

Glasgow will have Russell, the new, Scottish Qualified, saffa and now Hastings.

Get rid of Weir and have Hastings fight for the shirt with Tovey.

I can see the Saffa fella being shipped to Edinburgh if Glasgow (Rennie) doesn't like what he sees!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 15 Feb 2017, 17:35

Glad he is heading north but Glasgow do seem to get all the cash and therefore high profile signings. I suspect another big name or two may leave Glasgow over the summer to free up money. Anyone know whose contract is ending but whose fate hasn't been announced yet?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Wed 15 Feb 2017, 19:18

tigertattie wrote:Still say he should come to Edinburgh and we can offload Weir to Newcastle (they seem to like buying washed up Scottish internationalists)

Glasgow will have Russell, the new, Scottish Qualified, saffa and now Hastings.

Get rid of Weir and have Hastings fight for the shirt with Tovey.

I can see the Saffa fella being shipped to Edinburgh if Glasgow (Rennie) doesn't like what he sees!

Quite certain that this is future planning for the likelihood that Russell will be tempted away next year.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 16 Feb 2017, 06:49

tigertattie wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Doesn't he just point at the pictures on the menu anyway?
Laugh Laugh Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 16 Feb 2017, 08:51

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Glad he is heading north but Glasgow do seem to get all the cash and therefore high profile signings. I suspect another big name or two may leave Glasgow over the summer to free up money. Anyone know whose contract is ending but whose fate hasn't been announced yet?

I think there is money available. Kebble, Gibbons and Jones would all be on good wages. Hastings probably decent. Most of the money will be absorbed by pay rises but there is probably over a £1 million in salaries leaving below based on my assumptions (salaries and who else is going). Vernon is a candidate for a pay decrease and Lamont is left out but I assume he will retire. Lyle, Blake and Junior are probably viewed as 7's contracts at this point (sadly).

Big Money
Grant (£400k wasn't it?)

Good Wages (anywhere from £120k onwards I would think)
Strauss
Favaro
Reid
Bennett

Decent Pay (>£50k)
Puafisi
Hart

Rounding Error (<£50k)
Firth
Petersen
Twolangi
Kenatale

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 16 Feb 2017, 08:53

I think Grant's rumoured pay was around the £250k mark, which at the time made him the highest paid player in Scotland.

£400k you're getting into the territory of the super clubs - I don't think he would have been given that a few years ago.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 16 Feb 2017, 09:03

RDW_Scotland wrote:I think Grant's rumoured pay was around the £250k mark, which at the time made him the highest paid player in Scotland.

£400k you're getting into the territory of the super clubs - I don't think he would have been given that a few years ago.

Maybe it's Ford I am thinking of. Even so I still look and think it is close to a million quid off the budget.

How much extra do Glasgow get for an away quarter final? Does it make up for an away Pro 12 semi final?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 16 Feb 2017, 09:08

Apparently we get 40% of the gate receipts. Not sure if we get anything extra from the TV budget or not. It will be some reasonable money, but not silly amounts.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:16

YES- Got tickets for the Saracens Game Yahoo king

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:19

Likewise, that was a lot less stressful than I envisioned.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:21

Yes. I expect in the extra seats up in the gods lol

(i.e. their site map on the site does not even have these seats showing)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:25

You've got to think that Glasgow's representation at Allianz Park will be pretty huge - The original allocation of 3,750 has already sold out, so Saracens have made another large tranche of tickets available (number not confirmed).
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:26

As the full Bru family will be attending, I had to somehow find eight seats - ended up with two blocks of four, near the front, but in the corner.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:28

YOu can try this handy tool:
http://www.saracens.com/allianz/stadium/3dviewofstadium

My seats don't seem to be there, but I assume we're in temporary stands.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next