The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

+41
Pot Hale
marty2086
Mad for Chelsea
Majestic83
alive555
exile jack
Anglobraveheart
XR
TJ
Nematode
SirBurger
rapidsnowman
formerly known as Sam
Welly
GLove39
InjuredYetAgain
RuggerRadge2611
bsando
EST
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
funnyExiledScot
Manky-Flanker
CraigS1874
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
nickj
EWT Spoons
Dollar Bill
tigertattie
George Carlin
R!skysports
IanBru
cakeordeath
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
45 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/
http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

A NOT SO BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME-WASTING   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 CUP - PAST RESULTS   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 396067

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 YouTube-logo-full_color
Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Both European Finals are at Murrayfield. Fingers Crossed

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 20 Feb 2017, 5:39 pm

BigGee wrote:Cockerill's perspective on coming to Edinburgh. He sounds very positive about it. He is a very honest rugby man at heart and never tries to spin a bad situation. I was very impressed with the way he faced up to Leicester's bad defeats this season. Gave credit where it was due and looked at their own failings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/02/20/richard-cockerill-leicester-sacking-hurt-do-better-job-edinburgh

Well that experience will certainly come in handy.....

I do like him though, and I'm pleased that he's highly motivated to prove himself. You never really got that sense from Solomons, but you had it with Robbo. This feels like a similar sort of appointment to Robinson. I just hope Cockerill proves to be a better selector.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 10 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:18 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
IanBru wrote:Hmm... Manu Tuilagi, JP Petersen, Tom Croft and Jimbo's best friend Brendon "Sorry, who are you?" O'Connor would certainly fit in.

Oh, you said 'realistically'? I'm stumped.

JP Pietersen wouldn't get a look in ahead of Tom Brown, and Chris Dean would eat Manu Tuilagi for breakfast.

Tom Croft won't go near Scottish rugby, in case Sean Lamont shames him for pace in the 1872 fixtures.

I can't think of many Tigers over the last 20 years who would get into this Edinburgh side. You can make a case for Martin Johnson possibly.....

Edinburgh couldn't afford Manu's hospital bills never mind his wages.

Nah, due to Grant Gilchrist we get special "loyalty card" rates off the local private hospital.

If I ever need cheering up, I still watch that clip of Manu lamping Chris Ashton.....

Yeah that was good. I like the one where he runs over Alex Goode.

Anyway Cockers will do well in Edinburgh. There was more going on at Tigers (and still is) then just Cockers. He'll be 110% committed and passionate because that's how he is and he'll make sure you have good set piece and a decent game plan. You'll need a good defence coach and someone to add flair to the attack though as they aren't areas of strength for Cockers.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:31 pm

Apparently everyone except Laidlaw and Strauss are all "fit" for the Wales game

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:35 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I don't know quite what to think about Cockerill's appointment.  On one hand he has had success and is probably the right kind of character we need to wake our players from their slumber, but on the other hand all he's known is the Leicester way and is used to a big club with a big budget, huge support and lots of good players.

To be fair given that we're currently aiming not to come below the Dragons there's not much lower we can get as a club, so the only way is up!

It is probably a good appointment but there is certainly risk involved, and he won't have come cheap.

But if we had been conservative and gone for someone like (but definitely NOT) Hodge, some fans would have been underwhelmed. Given the state of Edinburgh, a totally new start with a different kind of coach is needed. Let'snot kid ourselves, we are hardily up there when it comes to the top jobs in rugby - jeez, not even a top job in Scottish rugby.

Judging by the time that Sam and Welly have spent on this thread recently, I get the impression that they will miss him

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:37 pm

cakeordeath wrote:Apparently everyone except Laidlaw and Strauss are all "fit" for the Wales game

I'm not. I had to buy new work shoes a week ago and now have blisters on my heels. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:49 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:Apparently everyone except Laidlaw and Strauss are all "fit" for the Wales game

I'm not. I had to buy new work shoes a week ago and now have blisters on my heels. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out

I hope you let BVC know

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 20 Feb 2017, 7:55 pm

I sent him a telex. He hasn't acknowledged it yet so I presume he has had to prioritise working on a Plan B now

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Tue 21 Feb 2017, 12:27 am

Simone Favaro and loosehead prop Djustice Sears-Duru confirmed to be leaving Scotstoun at the end of the season.

Callum Gibbins from the Hurricanes is replacing Favaro.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Tue 21 Feb 2017, 5:11 am

InjuredYetAgain wrote:I'm not. I had to buy new work shoes a week ago and now have blisters on my heels. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out

You should try flats - high heels will do that to you! censored

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Feb 2017, 5:34 am

rapidsnowman wrote:
InjuredYetAgain wrote:I'm not. I had to buy new work shoes a week ago and now have blisters on my heels. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out

Laugh

No, that's young Bru in his Jesmond stillettos you're thinking about.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:08 am

George Carlin wrote:
rapidsnowman wrote:

Laugh

No, that's young Bru in his Jesmond stillettos you're thinking about.
Hey man, if you had calves like these you'd want to accentuate them too.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:22 am

Well this sounds positive, if he does what he suggests he's going to do then things might actually be a bit more positive at Edinburgh.  I know at this stage it's just words and when he takes over it could be the polar opposite, but at least he's saying the right things

Cockerill on the BBC wrote:Richard Cockerill wants to instil direction, leadership and steel into his new Edinburgh side when he takes over as head coach from next season.

The bullish former Leicester Tigers director of rugby has signed a two-year deal with Scottish Rugby.

Cockerill is savouring the opportunity to shape and propel a side languishing in the Pro12's lower reaches.

"Edinburgh's had less attention than Glasgow, and it's probably lost its way a little bit," he told BBC Scotland.

Cockerill added: "They want a little bit more direction and I think I can give that. I'm a pretty strong character and leader.

Edinburgh & Glasgow in Pro12 - last five years
Season Edinburgh Glasgow
2015-16 9th 3rd
2014-15 8th 1st (champions)
2013-14 8th 2nd (finalists)
2012-13 10th 3rd
2011-12 11th 4th

"I want to come and make a difference. I want Edinburgh to be successful. That's not going to happen overnight, but I've got a very strong work ethic, the players will have to work very hard, want to improve and want to win.

"I'm a person that wants to win. However, the reality is that's going to take some time.

"From the inception of the Pro12, Edinburgh have not finished above eighth, so there's clearly got to be a little bit of sorting out to do. There's no way of sugar-coating it, we have to improve."

'There are going to be a lot of robust conversations'

Cockerill, the former England hooker who spent almost his entire playing and coaching career at Leicester, guided the Tigers to three Aviva Premiership titles before being sacked in January.

Moving from an independently run, wealthy giant of English rugby to work under the aegis of the Scottish Rugby Union, and its director of rugby Scott Johnson, will present a new set of challenges.

"I've had good conversations with Scott and Mark Dodson [Scottish Rugby's chief executive], and I know exactly how that's going to work with the union and the national side," Cockerill said.

"I think I have a good relationship with both of them. I think there are going to be a lot of robust conversations around how things need to be done moving forward and I think that's a healthy thing.

Former Leicester Tigers and England flanker Lewis Moody, speaking to BBC Scotland
The relationship between Richard and Scott Johnson will be all-important. Richard is a very forthright coach, he speaks his mind, he's good at listening to players.
I'm absolutely fascinated to see how it goes. He has a very clear way of doing things. He has changed and adapted over the years, but he's a simple coach in the most positive sense.
He will certainly be a hard taskmaster and ruffle a few feathers. I think the guys need to be prepared for doing a little bit more contact than they've ever done in their lives!
He will relish the opportunity to develop some young talent, and instilling some proper bite and rawness - that's what Edinburgh fans can look forward to.

"The player base they've got, the budget and dynamics are different to what I'm used to, but that's good for me. I'm a pretty strong character and I know what I want."

Home-grown talent the priority

In Edinburgh, Cockerill will be bound by greater financial constraints, a less illustrious playing roster than Leicester or Toulon - where is currently a consultant - and tasked with the aim of producing players of sufficient quality to represent Scotland.

He can't yet say where the squad needs augmented, but emphasises that his priority, where possible, will be to field Scottish talent.

"You have to understand where you sit, what you can and can't buy, and what you can't buy you have to create," Cockerill continued.

"There are lots of players I signed at Leicester that nobody had ever heard of that ended up being exceptionally good - that's going to have to be the case at Edinburgh.

"I signed Ed Slater from Australia - an Englishman who'd played for Nottingham, now he's a mainstay of the Leicester team and toured with England.

"Geoff Parling was on the bench for Newcastle when I signed him - within 12 months he was an international.

"If you have the choice, you will always have local-grown, Edinburgh, Scottish boys playing for your team because that means more to them than anything else. There's nothing better or stronger as a bond than trying to get those types of players into your team.

"There's a lot of young quality in that side that needs to be nurtured and brought through. I don't want Edinburgh to be a holding ground waiting for the Test matches to arrive; I want Edinburgh to be a successful team and I want players that want to play for Edinburgh first and foremost."

Physicality first

Edinburgh's overarching game-plan has long been in a state of oscillation.

Michael Bradley's reign yielded glittering running rugby, but calamitous defence. Alan Solomons, his successor, brought rigidity and grunt, but little else besides. Interim boss Duncan Hodge, in charge since September, is trying to restore a little attacking freedom, but has only won three of 11 Pro12 matches.

"I think Duncan's done a very good job in making the team more expansive and that will continue," Cockerill said. "But clearly we have to develop our players and make sure we're resilient, tough, competitive and robust - all the things the game is built on.

"Clearly, things are going to have to be done a little bit differently, because for whatever reason it's not worked as successfully as people would've liked.

"You have to start somewhere and somewhere is normally a good set-piece, physically committed players, and making sure you're always in the battle. That's something as a player I was always very good at, and most of the time, the sides I've coached have always been very difficult to beat, and I think that's important.

"You have to have a really good balance in your game, and I think Edinburgh have got the players and personnel to do that. I don't think there is one way of playing the game.

"The All Blacks are the best team in the world - they kick the ball more than anyone else. It's how, why and when you kick the ball.

"I know people will think I will want to be just combative - yeah, I want to be combative and have a strong set-piece, but I want to have a side that can play with ball in hand as well, because that will win you games, and win you big games."

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:29 am

I like what he's saying - hopefully this can translate into improvement on the pitch.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:44 am

Glasgow sign Callum Gibbins from 'Canes - 3 Year deal.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:48 am

Good signing - experienced player who is supposedly one of the fittest players around. 28 years old so will be in his prime for the duration of his contract.

Most importantly he'll be available all season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 21 Feb 2017, 10:15 am

Alan Solomons has been appointed a coaching consultant with Bristol.

Bit weird.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/solomons-joins-bristol-backroom-staff/

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 21 Feb 2017, 10:18 am

Good to see a few three year contracts being sprinkled in this year as well. Glasgow had far to many players to re-sign this year and it has effected the squad. I don't think this is a project player contract, he will be 31 by the time his chance comes around, it is more about building some stability.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 21 Feb 2017, 10:21 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Alan Solomons has been appointed a coaching consultant with Bristol.

Bit weird.

Solly may not be a bad person to have in the background giving some pearls of wisdom to the team and the other coaches. He certainly always came accross as a person of gravitas who the players took seriously.

Just don't let him choose the tactics or pick the team!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Feb 2017, 10:27 am

BigGee wrote:Good to see a few three year contracts being sprinkled in this year as well. Glasgow had far to many players to re-sign this year and it has effected the squad. I don't think this is a project player contract, he will be 31 by the time his chance comes around, it is more about building some stability.

It may have come from the player too - a guy at that age would want a long a contract as possible I'm sure.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 21 Feb 2017, 11:49 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:Good to see a few three year contracts being sprinkled in this year as well. Glasgow had far to many players to re-sign this year and it has effected the squad. I don't think this is a project player contract, he will be 31 by the time his chance comes around, it is more about building some stability.

It may have come from the player too - a guy at that age would want a long a contract as possible I'm sure.

Even so, Rennie in particular must be very happy with his potential to be a fixture in the team at Pro12 level.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Feb 2017, 11:52 am

BigGee wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Alan Solomons has been appointed a coaching consultant with Bristol.

Bit weird.

Solly may not be a bad person to have in the background giving some pearls of wisdom to the team and the other coaches. He certainly always came accross as a person of gravitas who the players took seriously.

Being 2 out of the 3 things that a head coach is supposed to do. 

The other being to stand in the drizzle in a long puffa jacket and look disappointed when a hack asks you when you didn't win. 

To be fair, he was always good at that last one.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb 2017, 12:21 pm

George Carlin wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Bit weird.

Being 2 out of the 3 things that a head coach is supposed to do. 

The other being to stand in the drizzle in a long puffa jacket and look disappointed when a hack asks you when you didn't win. 

To be fair, he was always good at that last one.

You've missed out his key strength, which was to be creative with excuses. He deserves an honorary PhD from Napier for some of those gems.

I think Solomons is probably the last thing Bristol need right now. They are going to be relegated and they need to start planning for next season, and the season after that. Having some guy coming in now, and telling them that they lack conditioning, the pitch isn't right, the weather is specifically bad in Bristol, that refs have something against them and they are the worst hit side with injuries is probably not going to help.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Feb 2017, 12:41 pm

I was accepted on the journalism degree course at Napier. 

I just filled in the form because I wanted to have a gander at the campus and then meet my mates for 20 pints of Guinness afterwards. 

Then I felt bad because my friend Gael, who was desperate to actually BE a journalist, was rejected and then I was accepted. 

I did law instead. 

Don't think for a moment that I didn't realise after the second line that this story was going nowhere.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 21 Feb 2017, 12:45 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
I think Solomons is probably the last thing Bristol need right now. They are going to be relegated and they need to start planning for next season, and the season after that. Having some guy coming in now, and telling them that they lack conditioning, the pitch isn't right, the weather is specifically bad in Bristol, that refs have something against them and they are the worst hit side with injuries is probably not going to help.
Maybe it's just me, but my defining, enduring image of Solomons is of a guy in a solid raincoat who has been forced to walk several miles through drizzle, having left the detachable hood at home. I don't know why, but he always seemed to be wet.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm

George Carlin wrote:I was accepted on the journalism degree course at Napier. 

I just filled in the form because I wanted to have a gander at the campus and then meet my mates for 20 pints of Guinness afterwards. 

Then I felt bad because my friend Gael, who was desperate to actually BE a journalist, was rejected and then I was accepted. 

I did law instead. 

Don't think for a moment that I didn't realise after the second line that this story was going nowhere.

....and you've never looked back!

I honestly can't remember why I did law, or how I ended up as a lawyer. I think it was a case of one thing leading to another. Dad probably suggested it, horrified by my suggestion of becoming a low paid music teacher, and I probably figured I could change to something else when I got to Uni. Once at Uni you can't really be bothered to do anything, until the more hard working law students (invariably girls) bully me into applying for summer placements just so we can all be in London at the same time. You do a couple of those, get paid a few hundred quid a week, and they convince you with glossy brochures and free drinks that actually doing a training contract is a sensible idea. You do that, by which point you realise that despite the 2000 odd billable hours a year, it's actually an easy life in the sense that it takes almost no thought or imagination to lead it, and you get paid relatively well. Then you buy a flat in London, which despite being smaller than Duncan Weir's gut, costs you a zillion pounds a month. But you're never actually there anyway, so what does it matter....

....ok, you all stopped reading ages ago didn't you......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 21 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

I did law instead. 

I honestly can't remember why I did law, or how I ended up as a lawyer. I think it was a case of one thing leading to another. Dad probably suggested it, horrified by my suggestion of becoming a low paid music teacher, and I probably figured I could change to something else when I got to Uni. Once at Uni you can't really be bothered to do anything, until the more hard working law students (invariably girls) bully me into applying for summer placements just so we can all be in London at the same time. You do a couple of those, get paid a few hundred quid a week, and they convince you with glossy brochures and free drinks that actually doing a training contract is a sensible idea. You do that, by which point you realise that despite the 2000 odd billable hours a year, it's actually an easy life in the sense that it takes almost no thought or imagination to lead it, and you get paid relatively well. Then you buy a flat in London, which despite being smaller than Duncan Weir's gut, costs you a zillion pounds a month. But you're never actually there anyway, so what does it matter....

Just about to go into the final six months of my training contract so can relate to a lot of the above Crying or Very sad .

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb 2017, 1:48 pm

Ah, good luck with qualifying and hope you have a place sorted out as an NQ. Particularly horrible period of time waiting for that to be sorted out!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 21 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Ah, good luck with qualifying and hope you have a place sorted out as an NQ. Particularly horrible period of time waiting for that to be sorted out!

Thanks a lot! It does seem quite stressful. Hoping to do something fairly niche, so I am talking to external recruiters as not convinced there will be a spot for me at the firm I am at. Are you still in London or got out of the rat race?

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:05 pm

SirBurger wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Ah, good luck with qualifying and hope you have a place sorted out as an NQ. Particularly horrible period of time waiting for that to be sorted out!

Thanks a lot! It does seem quite stressful. Hoping to do something fairly niche, so I am talking to external recruiters as not convinced there will be a spot for me at the firm I am at. Are you still in London or got out of the rat race?

I moved to Edinburgh from London in 2012 (at 6PQE), mainly because my wife told me to stop working so hard.

I didn't get my first choice seat at the firm I trained at and, although I was offered two alternatives, I decided to follow the area I was keen on rather than stick with the firm I knew. Turned out to be a great decision, albeit I was horribly torn at the time (particularly as most of my friends in the City were staying put - although all bar two left within 5 years anyway).

Good luck!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:21 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

I did law instead. 

If I recall, I watched My Cousin Vinny so many times as a teenager that no job seemed to come close in terms of pure excitement. Alas, I've never been in a fight with a village idiot, been arrested for contempt or addressed court dressed as a roulette dealer. Though I did mistake the gender of a judge in a telephone hearing...

SirBurger wrote:

Good luck bud! I qualify at the end of March, though I'm now looking for NQ jobs in Newcastle. Joy of joys of joys of joys...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:32 pm

So many lawyers on this forum!

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:33 pm

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

I did law instead. 

If I recall, I watched My Cousin Vinny so many times as a teenager that no job seemed to come close in terms of pure excitement. Alas, I've never been in a fight with a village idiot, been arrested for contempt or addressed court dressed as a roulette dealer. Though I did mistake the gender of a judge in a telephone hearing...

SirBurger wrote:

Good luck bud! I qualify at the end of March, though I'm now looking for NQ jobs in Newcastle. Joy of joys of joys of joys...

Thanks mate and good luck to you too! Hope it all works out for you.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:45 pm

SirBurger wrote:So many lawyers on this forum!

Part of the tweed jacket brigade I'm afraid!

FES is sooooo posh that he uses cutlery to eat a pizza!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 21 Feb 2017, 2:48 pm

tigertattie wrote:

That might explain some of the conversations and the fact that after them I often feel dirty

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:15 pm

tigertattie wrote:

In my defence, I do not actually own a tweed jacket, albeit I do prefer to consume pizza with a knife and fork. I think I'm only half posh. Bear in mind that both my parents had actual jobs....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:27 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

In my defence, I do not actually own a tweed jacket, albeit I do prefer to consume pizza with a knife and fork. I think I'm only half posh. Bear in mind that both my parents had actual jobs....

His butler wears tweed, so he felt better to distinguish himself, so can only be seen in Oscar De La Renta now

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb 2017, 4:07 pm

Speaking of establishment posh, there's a great stat on the Beeb today. There are more peers in the House of Lords over the age of 90, than under the age of 40.

Reminds me of Stockbridge.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 21 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Speaking of establishment posh, there's a great stat on the Beeb today. There are more peers in the House of Lords over the age of 90, than under the age of 40.

Reminds me of the only strip-club in Guildford.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 21 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Speaking of establishment posh, there's a great stat on the Beeb today. There are more peers in the House of Lords over the age of 90, than under the age of 40.

Reminds me of the only strip-club in Guildford.

Clientele or dancers?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 21 Feb 2017, 4:56 pm

I'm a supporter of help the aged, but we should be giving them meals on wheels, not influential jobs!

The number of times you see the lords debating and half of them are asleep is astonishing! There should be an age limit of 75 or something!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 21 Feb 2017, 5:24 pm

tigertattie wrote:

I'm a supporter of help the aged, but we should be giving them meals on wheels, not influential jobs!

The number of times you see the lords debating and half of them are asleep is astonishing! There should be an age limit of 75 or something!

Careful - -FES is eyeing up a position there for his retirement

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:11 am

What? Working for Meals on Wheels or the House of Lords?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:20 am

Edinburgh have signing news coming up apparently

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:22 am

Bennett's changed his mind?

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:23 am

They've not made much of a fanfare about it so I've not got high expectation of who it is.

Maybe Glen Bryce has signed a 5 year deal and is the new club captain?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:27 am

Mildly racist Uncle Dougie is going to be the backs coach?

GC is going to be named as the Club's Ambassador to the Welsh Regions?

Admin Boy is going to be doing the Edinburgh Tweets from next season?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:29 am

tigertattie wrote:Mildly racist Uncle Dougie is going to be the backs coach?

GC is going to be named as the Club's Ambassador to the Welsh Regions?

Admin Boy is going to be doing the Edinburgh Tweets from next season?

That's one too many - you may start to see changes to your profile if you keep that up snony jim... (I've already changed something) warning

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:34 am

Under 20s wing D'arcy Graham signs a 2 year deal.

Told you it wouldn't be exciting!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:45 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:They've not made much of a fanfare about it so I've not got high expectation of who it is.

Maybe Glen Bryce has signed a 5 year deal and is the new club captain?

Edinburgh have signed a 4 year deal with greaves sports to supply their rugby balls. An inspired decision, as it will help them with 2 core deficiencies

1) Knowing what a rugby ball is and how to hold it

2) Getting the halo effect of a ball from Glasgow, who know how to win, even play rugby with passing and everything...

Things are looking up over at the Perfume testers

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Wed 22 Feb 2017, 9:50 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Under 20s wing D'arcy Graham signs a 2 year deal.

Told you it wouldn't be exciting!

D'arcy Graham is a talent. Good to see him given a chance. He's feckin wee, but lightening quick. Not sure we could play him and Hoyland at the same time though. Not an obvious Cockers type winger - workhorse / showhorse split

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next