The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

+41
Pot Hale
marty2086
Mad for Chelsea
Majestic83
alive555
exile jack
Anglobraveheart
XR
TJ
Nematode
SirBurger
rapidsnowman
formerly known as Sam
Welly
GLove39
InjuredYetAgain
RuggerRadge2611
bsando
EST
Hazel Sapling
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
MacKnocked-on
funnyExiledScot
Manky-Flanker
CraigS1874
Tattie Scones RRN
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
nickj
EWT Spoons
Dollar Bill
tigertattie
George Carlin
R!skysports
IanBru
cakeordeath
RDW
A Simply Mesmeric Try
45 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Jessie10          Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Glasgo10
Edinburgh & Glasgow Warriors

http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/
http://www.edinburghrugby.org/

A NOT SO BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME-WASTING   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

1872 Cup

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Trophy

Champions                Runner up
Edinburgh                  Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRwKYyik1ZsD3_NYcbnfefbOA7hTaw1Oo_88AYpdNDsajawQmV  Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnVncYalRPIL7Z-Ia2Em4LrCX8uZulmt1PKHCS4z5p5kPxIEYs

1872 CUP - PAST RESULTS   (CLICK TO SHOW/HIDE):

Guinness Pro12

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 396067

Guinness Pro12 Website
Edinburgh Rugby (Pro12 Website)
Glasgow Warriors (Pro12 Website)
Guinness Pro12 2016/17 Overview (Ultimate Rugby)

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 YouTube-logo-full_color
Playlist of all of Edinburgh's Pro12 highlights here.
Playlist of all of Glasgow's Pro12 highlights here.

Europe

European Rugby Website

CHAMPIONS CUP
QUARTER FINAL
SARACENS v GLASGOW WARRIORS
Sun, Apr 2, 13:00, Allianz Park

CHALLENGE CUP
QUARTER FINAL
EDINBURGH v LA ROCHELLE
Fri, March 31, 19:00, Murrayfield Stadium

Both European Finals are at Murrayfield. Fingers Crossed

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:07 pm

WEF,JBWEFKJBWFKJBE;WF
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?!

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

There, that's better. For some reason my works firewall didn't like page 18.

Nel signing a 3 year deal??? Very Happy
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:fweljefbwkerjfbkljwrfb

You been drinking the furniture polish again?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:fweljefbwkerjfbkljwrfb

You been drinking the furniture polish again?

You have never heard of fweljefbwkerjfbkljwrfb? It's a famous mining town nestling in the Vale of Glamorgan. thumbsup
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:34 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:WEF,JBWEFKJBWFKJBE;WF

Ah, you've stumbled upon the Sturge's economic policy once we are excluded from both the UK and EU single markets.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:39 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Ah, you've stumbled upon the Sturge's economic policy once we are excluded from both the UK and EU single markets.

Laugh

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:45 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Yes, she also has a mandate and she's not afraid to use it.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 22 Mar 2017, 5:40 pm

Well looks like I can spend some time chatting- as locking into the office in the Westminster area

So RR

WEF,JBWEFKJBWFKJBE;WF

That your bra size?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 6:22 pm

R!skysports wrote:Well looks like I can spend some time chatting-  as locking into the office in the Westminster area

So RR

WEF,JBWEFKJBWFKJBE;WF

That your bra size?

A prop never makes their bra size public. Anyway does the thought of my pillowy man boosums make your day go faster? kiss
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 22 Mar 2017, 6:23 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:In other news I'm away on my long overdue honeymoon tomorrow morning - off to USA and Canada for a few weeks.

It probably won't go down too well with Mrs RDW if I'm on here all the time so you're on your own! Good luck to Glasgow and Edinburgh in their respective Euro QFs.

GC has been given the keys and is being left in charge so be nice.... Whistle
By jaysus, there are going to be some changes around here, let me tell you.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Tucker12
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:21 am

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:In other news I'm away on my long overdue honeymoon tomorrow morning - off to USA and Canada for a few weeks.

It probably won't go down too well with Mrs RDW if I'm on here all the time so you're on your own! Good luck to Glasgow and Edinburgh in their respective Euro QFs.

GC has been given the keys and is being left in charge so be nice.... Whistle
By jaysus, there are going to be some changes around here, let me tell you.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Tucker12

What's your manifesto? Can we ban Welsh people, generally?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:33 am

No Admin boy for three whole weeks!

GC is organising a party!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

tigertattie wrote:No Admin boy for three whole weeks!

One can only imagine what strippers from Ayr look like.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:14 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:

I hear they're great with ball in hand.

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:45 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Gordon Reid?

Apparently when he said "French Polisher" it was a metaphor.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:53 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:

World class surely?!

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:20 am

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Gordon Reid?

Apparently when he said "French Polisher" it was a metaphor.

Glasgow front row forwards using metaphors?? Sounds a bit too MFL for your liking....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 23 Mar 2017, 1:52 pm

Hogg named player of the tournament.

Fiver says Leigh halfpenny still gets the lions 15 jersey
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:29 pm

tigertattie wrote:Hogg named player of the tournament.

They should select Laidlaw, Biggar, Farrell and Halfpenny in the same team, and demand that the series be decided by penalty shootout (I'll never forget Jordan Crane's effort to knock out Cardiff in the old European Cup competition).

If he's fit then I think Hogg will start. There is no case for Halfpenny unless you need his boot (in the same way as Jenkins was picked at 15 in 1997).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm

Increments of 7 are better than increments of 3.

FACT! (in capitals so you know it's true).

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:58 pm

tigertattie wrote:Hogg named player of the tournament.

I would agree. Gatland will become SCW incarnate for this test.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:09 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

This is what girls from Ayr look like:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread XV Men Chasing An Egg?! - Page 19 Kirsty11

I presume you were talking about girls, but on second thoughts I have heard a few stories about Edinburgh public schools so I probably shouldn't assume anything...
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 23 Mar 2017, 11:44 pm

Didn't Russell have a better kick percentage than Halfpenny in the tournament anyway? IIRC Russell only missed two kicks (the one against France which wasn't entirely his fault anyway, and one from the right touchline against Italy - Scott's try?), kicked some beauties too. Halfpenny kicked superbly vs France, but was a bit ropey early on I thought. If Gats picks him ahead of Hogg I may not even bother watching, no way the Lions will beat the ABs by kicking penalties anyway.

On to more interesting matters, who's going to the Sarries QF? And does anyone have a single ticket somewhere in the vicinity of A211 or L211 (North stand)? Asking because oddly couldn't book two tickets together (for my brother and myself), so booked separately, but if someone's willing to swap with one of us... Will check in on the Warriors forum too just in case.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 24 Mar 2017, 8:28 am

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

A surprisingly strong Glasgow side out to play Connacht. A few niggles amongst the international forwards, which is no great surprise. I imagine they will be fit for next weekend. It does not look like they have given up on the league quite yet!

15. Stuart Hogg (96)
14. Sean Lamont (110)
13. Nick Grigg (15)
12. Peter Horne (109) CAPTAIN
11. Rory Hughes (28)
10. Finn Russell (59)
9. Ali Price (37)

1. Alex Allan (45)
2. Corey Flynn (14)
3. Sila Puafisi (38)
4. Tim Swinson (93)
5. Brian Alainu'uese (11)
6. Rob Harley (157)
7. Matt Smith (1)
8. Adam Ashe (34)

Replacements

16. Fraser Brown (59)
17. Gordon Reid (109)
18. D'arcy Rae (21)
19. Scott Cummings (13)
20. Lewis Wynne (13)
21. George Horne (1)
22. Alex Dunbar (94)
23. Peter Murchie (114)

Not available due to injury: Mark Bennett (knee), Zander Fagerson (foot), Simone Favaro (knee), Lee Jones (eye), James Malcom (ankle), Pat MacArthur (ankle), Leonardo Sarto (shoulder), Tommy Seymour (back), Josh Strauss (medical), Richie Vernon (Achilles) and Ryan Wilson (shoulder).

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:42 pm

Have we discussed the Simon Danielli story on here - it's in the Times today. His wife was cheating on him so he followed her one day and, allegedly, ended up decking the other bloke after chasing him down the street (which leads me to question the pace of the other bloke, and also ruling out Sean Lamont).

He's in the dock and it doesn't appear to be looking good for him.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:44 pm

Surprised to see Russell and Hogg starting this one, albeit Hogg didn't really feature in the England game. Handy Glasgow side that, and should come away with a win.

Pretty much full strength from Edinburgh as well. I think we'll still struggle though.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 24 Mar 2017, 12:47 pm

Edinburgh could do Glasgow a big favour if they could get a result down at Scarlets. They have brought most of there Welsh International players straight back in. You would imagine that they would have been a little jaded after last weekend!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 24 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Have we discussed the Simon Danielli story on here - it's in the Times today. His wife was cheating on him so he followed her one day and, allegedly, ended up decking the other bloke after chasing him down the street (which leads me to question the pace of the other bloke, and also ruling out Sean Lamont).

Thanks FES, I laughed out loud at this one and got the "what's so funny look" from the bulk of my open plan office. laughing
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 24 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm

I'm weary of insulting AWJ, doing that on here is like walking into someone's house and punching their sainted mother really hard in the middle of the face.

Is it just me though or is he wildly mediocre. From a Scotland point of view would I take him over either Gray? No.

Would England Take him over Launchbury, Lawes, Kruis or Itoje? No.

Would Ireland take him over Ryan or Henderson? Doubtful.

I'm terrified of the backlash posting that in public though....
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 24 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Have we discussed the Simon Danielli story on here - it's in the Times today. His wife was cheating on him so he followed her one day and, allegedly, ended up decking the other bloke after chasing him down the street (which leads me to question the pace of the other bloke, and also ruling out Sean Lamont).

Thanks FES, I laughed out loud at this one and got the "what's so funny look" from the bulk of my open plan office.  laughing

the other bloke could have been Ben Atiga or Jack Cuthbert
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 24 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Radge, no fears about a backlash for boasting about punching grey haired old ladies in the kisser but worried about upsetting AWJ groupies.
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Mar 2017, 1:34 pm

Bear in mind that AWJ is currently officially broken and won't come back from his shoulder injury until the Pro 12 playoffs:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/90792477/cloud-over-lions-captaincy-with-alun-wyn-jones-sidelined-for-six-weeks
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 25 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

Doesn't matter George. He's Gatland's man and that's that.
I feel that Dunbar and Dancer, not to mention Shrek-KEM-Ragnar, Jonny and Swinson may all feel they have a point to prove next Sunday. Hopefully they do it in a most satisfying way.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 25 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm

Bloody hate this off off off stuff.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Mar 2017, 6:50 pm

27-18 to the cleaning product avoiders, with 20 to go.

Anyone watching it? Any good?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 25 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

Red card Swinson, ffs.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:02 pm

Eejit wrote:Red card Swinson, ffs.

That has been coming for Glasgow, they have been tackling high all game and Connacht have taken quite a few shoulders to the head in this game

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:10 pm

30-21.

Could really, really use that bonus point try.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm

Bloody good game between Glasgow and Connacht. Lots of high tackles more seed in the first half but still a good fast match. These are best two sides to throw it about. Bit of a lottery on who wins though. 30-21 with 4 mins to play looks like the Scots have it.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm

Make that 30-24 with 3 mins to play.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:13 pm

The Schlong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:14 pm

Amazing! Tommy Seymour breaks through soft tackles and gets the BP try.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:14 pm

Here this young Lamont chap has some wheels... Yahoo

35-24 to the good guys.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:15 pm

Typical. An Irishman takes Connacht down. No lbp for Connacht.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:15 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Amazing!  Tommy Seymour breaks through soft tackles and gets the BP try.

You'll find that wasn't Tommy. That was ye olde Sean Lamont!
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm

Give that man another 3 year contract.
Take him right up to his 70th birthday.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm

Lamont Seymour. They've all got beards and look the same.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Amazing!  Tommy Seymour breaks through soft tackles and gets the BP try.

You'll find that wasn't Tommy. That was ye olde Sean Lamont!
When Sean started playing, the scoreboard was in Roman numerals.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 25 Mar 2017, 7:17 pm

Where's Lamont from?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next