The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+23
mikeygnfl
GSC
Pr4wn
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
Marky
No name Bertie
Breadvan
Duty281
BamBam
CJB
rugbybanter
TightHEAD
dummy_half
Forward Pass
gazzyD
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
twelve283
aucklandlaurie
TM Moot
westisbest
27 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.

Number one D in the NFL without their best player.

They're one of about 8 teams to hold that tag - and lets face it it's measured in yards...in points the #1 D was the Pats.

No great defences out there this year, just a lot of pretty good ones. If they had Watt, maybe they'd be great...but they don't
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Number-25 Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:18 pm

GSC wrote:ALSHON

He's no Terrelle Pryor Laugh

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 5 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Number-25 Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:22 pm

Pr4wn wrote:He can play half of the games this season for $14m.

Much like DJax in Tampa Wink

Just kidding.... disappointed to see Jackson go. He doesn't fit with our new "Let's become Cleveland" strategy though.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:00 pm

In all seriousness Pryor is 6"4, runs a 4.4 and just put up 1000 yards from bums without really knowing what hes doing. Don't really get why Cleveland didnt retain him, but clearly they need cap room for picks they'll eventually waste.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 10 Mar 2017, 1:49 am

Any Skins fans know whether we're getting a good player in Baker?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Mar 2017, 6:53 am

The Washington redskins have to be the most disgracefully run franchise in all of sports
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 Mar 2017, 7:05 am

Even if they weren't a rival, hard not to have contempt for them right now.

Bakers decent, not a game changer but any means, but productive
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:15 am

Pr4wn wrote:Pats have paid Stephon Gilmore a ton of money. Good player, though.

He suits our scheme but we've definitely overpaid massively here.

People seem to have decided this means butler will be traded and won't want to play. Even tho he hasn't said anything.

Seriously doubt a Cooks/Butler trade happens. Pats trades come out of nowhere, and aren't negotiated in public - which seems to be what's happening here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:08 am

Jimmy G just posted an instagram thanking the pats and saying goodbye to Boston and has removed the pats from his Twitter bio

GUYS IT'S HAPPENING THE PATS ARE GONNA GET ALL THE PICKS
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:36 am

Re the chat above about the Redskins... think how it feels to be a fan of this dumpster fire!!

I became a fan back in the good old days of Joe Gibbs 1.0.... have watched on in horror since Snyder took over.

Still, you never know, maybe there's method in all this madness somewhere. I've tried not engage with it since the news about McCloughan's "family issues"... but somehow it keeps sucking me back in.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:39 am

Pr4wn wrote:Any Skins fans know whether we're getting a good player in Baker?

Baker is OK Pr4wn... personally, I feel his reputation was inflated somewhar over the last 12 months as a result of being the best player on a bad defensive line so his importance to the Redskins really increased. He's a very good locker room presence. On the field, dont expect a ton out of him. He's a high effort, solid character guy.... nothing else too special about him.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:56 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Jimmy G just posted an instagram thanking the pats and saying goodbye to Boston and has removed the pats from his Twitter bio

GUYS IT'S HAPPENING THE PATS ARE GONNA GET ALL THE PICKS

He was hacked

Stand down everyone
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:52 am

My thoughts so far:

Alshon Jeffery: I had Alshon down as a major candidate to get hurt/develop got paid syndrome. A 1 year deal protects us for now. A motivated, healthy Alshon is a legitimate #1. Gives us the inside track to resign him or get a comp pick if he walks.

Torrey Smith: He sucked in SF. I expect the Eagles to get more out of him than the dumpster fire that was SF the last 2 years but not that much. At a time when mediocrity got 8m a year, he got 5m and 500k guaranteed. Pure bargain bin, but a skill set we don't have.

Jaguars: I'd love to see the Jags signing bonus to wins ratio. Calais Campbell is good rather than great. AJ Bouye is a one year wonder behind a fantastic pass rush. Barry Church is just a guy.

Browns: The Browns spent heavily on 2 good OL players to replace the 2 good OL players they let walk the year before. And a new WR to replace the 15 they took last year. The value of analytics seems to be refuse to pay your best players then pay through the nose a year later. At least they got a free 2nd.

49ers: spending money for the sake of spending money. A FB is the 2nd highest paid RB this year. Malcolm Smith sucked in Oakland and got a pay rise. Marquee Goodwin has become Taylor Gabriel by association. Brian Hoyer will be decent for the 4 games he remembers his own name.

Bears: After shedding Cutlers contract finally, the Bears outbid everyone by 5m to land Mike Glennon. I don't have anything to top that, well played.

Rams: Tavon Austin and Robert Woods have like 90m in contracts. I don't think I'd put either in a list of top 50 WRs.

Redskins: can't imagine why Kirk wants out.

Bucs: solid job, DeSean is an elite deep threat, albeit pricy for an aging WR reliant on speed. Baker is a good player, albeit a knob.

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

Titans had a real chance to get better this off season

And decided to pay 55m to Logan Ryan and Jonathan cyprien

Some teams can't get outta their own way
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:25 pm

I thought Logan Ryan was pretty good?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:37 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I thought Logan Ryan was pretty good?

Depends what you're asking him to do - very good slot corner, tough, tackles well. On the outside he's very up and down because he's not hugely quick. If Tennessee uses him properly (ie. In the slot) he'll be worth it, but if they're putting him out there to be a outside corner I'm sceptical.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 10 Mar 2017, 6:03 pm

Love what the Browns have been doing so far to be fair. Mack had a clause where he could void his contract last year didn't he? Remember the Jags put it in. So they didn't have much choice to let him walk. But solidify from the inside out.

But with now 8 (by my count) picks in the first two rounds over the next two years, they have put themselves in prime positions to succeed. And, more importantly, it will be all the funnier when they manage to Browns it up.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:25 pm

From Adam Schefter on Twitter....... NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a candidate to become Washington’s general manager, sources tell @FieldYates and me.

picard

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

The outside world thinks we're a joke, get a well known name and link him to the job.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:06 pm

Pryor has signed with the Skins, for some reason.

Also, the Pathers have traded Kony Ealy and a third rounder to the Patriots in exchange for a second rounder. Good value for New England, imo. A replacement for Sheard.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:47 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Pryor has signed with the Skins, for some reason.

Why "for some reason"??

There may be a lot of off field turmoil and you can say what you like about the way Scot McCloughan was treated, but for a WR looking for a 1 year prove it deal, joining the Redskins offense makes a lot of sense now that it looks pretty certain that Cousins will be QB for 1 more year. He won't win a Superbowl next season but he's given himself a good shot at getting a decent long term deal in 2018.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm

Also, the Pathers have traded Kony Ealy and a third rounder to the Patriots in exchange for a second rounder. Good value for New England, imo. A replacement for Sheard.

Moved down 8 spots in the draft and picked up a cheap young pass rusher

Bill has this league by the Love sacks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 11 Mar 2017, 12:59 am

Pats traded for Brandin Cooks. Not sure he's the value but it is the 32nd pick. Peyton has to be our of NO pretty soon, he'll have nobody left!

Re Skins, I actually hope they do land Mayock He's pretty good on the talent side, he knows the college game in depth and he understands the transition from college to pro. Only downside is he has to work for Snyder.

So far I reckon solid B in FA. We couldn't keep Gacon and Jackson, much as I kind of hoped they could, and given their age it's a stretch to pay 2 guys that much money when one of them at least missed a block of time over recent years. By shoring up the S position and bringing in depth on D, then picking up Pryor they make up for losses. I'd just like to see a push for Poe and maybe Hightower, if the Pats don't keep him. Instant upgrade at starting DT and MLB. Then draft more weapons to supplement those guys (still think they go DL with 1st round unless there's a stud WR/DB still on the board.

Biggest loser in FA so far, Brock Osweiler. Still, he's got some cash in the bank to cushion the fall.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 11 Mar 2017, 4:32 pm

Number-25 wrote:

Why "for some reason"??

There may be a lot of off field turmoil and you can say what you like about the way Scot McCloughan was treated, but for a WR looking for a 1 year prove it deal, joining the Redskins offense makes a lot of sense now that it looks pretty certain that Cousins will be QB for 1 more year. He won't win a Superbowl next season but he's given himself a good shot at getting a decent long term deal in 2018.

Because it appears that the Redskins have turned into the league's most dysfunctional organisation. Good deal for the Skins, I like Pryor. Tons of talent and the deal is at the right price.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 11 Mar 2017, 4:36 pm

"turned"

If anyone they disguised who they are for 2 years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 11 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

He's coming from the Browns, maybe he just likes playing for badly run franchises.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 14 Mar 2017, 6:07 pm

Eddy Lacy is now known as FEAST MODE.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 14 Mar 2017, 8:05 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Eddy Lacy is now known as FEAST MODE.

Would like to have kept him in Green Bay if i'm honest... especially as it was a one year deal, but he has struggled to be healthy

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 14 Mar 2017, 8:12 pm

Apparently he weighed into some FA workouts at 267 pounds. Yikes.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 15 Mar 2017, 12:20 am

Cousins has broken his silence and confirmed he never asked for a trade and the owner told him he wasn't planning on trading him. Can't help wondering what to believe in the press. Seems the junk (won't even call it fake) news cycle once the SB is over has to keep feeding itself...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 15 Mar 2017, 6:15 am

Well he's hardly gonna come out and say he doesn't want to play for the team is he
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 15 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

No, but there are at least 3 sites still plugging 'He's going to SF' or he's going to the Browns' on a daily basis without a shred of backup. Gets on my wick. While I don't have the greatest love for nfl.com, it does seem to carry far more actual news than many supposedly independent sources.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 15 Mar 2017, 6:13 pm

Dont'a Hightower re-signs with the Pats. Next year's AFC Superbowl place is up in the air. Said nobody ever.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 27 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm

NFL History isn't going to look back at Roger Goodell's reign as a good one....3rd team relocates in 18 months - this time the Raiders significantly downsizing their market and going to Las Vegas.....hours after the now Los Angeles Chargers announced they've sold out season tickets to their 30,000 seater stadium in TWO MONTHS...after the Rams sold 70,000 season tickets in 48 hours last year....

What a great shame that a bunch of billionaires couldn't stump up a couple of millions to help build new stadiums to keep great franchises in their spiritual homes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 28 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

I don't understand why he'd move to Vegas, honestly.

There are hardly any permanent residents there compared to other cities in the US and TV viewership will also be very low.

Miami's empty stadium should have served as adequate warning that a tourist city isn't the best place for an NFL franchise.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 28 Mar 2017, 2:15 pm

Las Vegas is an example of short term greed overtaking long term success. Probably worth considering whether a 74 year old running your league is wise.

The relocation fees each owner will pocket and the return on a Las Vegas SB will line their pockets in the short term.

Vacating a growing and lucrative market after the 49ers left it wide open because they couldn't get anyone to pay to host their show will hurt them long term. The Raiders will be moving again in the next 25 years, there's a reason LV has never been a serious option until it was the only one left on the dance floor at 4am.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 04 Apr 2017, 5:10 pm

Apparently Tony Romo is retiring to replace Phil Simms at CBS.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 04 Apr 2017, 5:17 pm

Don't blame the guy at all, his body is crumbling.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 11 Apr 2017, 9:30 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Don't blame the guy at all, his body is crumbling.

Yeah Simms is beginning to resemble his Madden 17 rendering. Funny I thought his body would crumble before his face.

Oh, you meant Romo.. Whistle

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 11 Apr 2017, 9:48 pm

drumroll

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm

Aaron Hernandez has hung himself in prison
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Apr 2017, 1:19 pm

Sh*t happens

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 19 Apr 2017, 3:14 pm

Or hangs
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Apr 2017, 5:01 pm

What an incredible waste of life he was
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:23 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:What an incredible waste of life he was

Well said

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 19 Apr 2017, 7:50 pm

In other news, the Bucs are on Hard Knocks this year.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Apr 2017, 7:59 pm

Olly's mock draft 2k17 (presuming no trades)

#1 - Browns - Myles Garrett, DE
#2 - 49ers - DeShaun Watson, QB
#3 - Bears - Marshon Lattimore, CB
#4 - Jags - Leonard Fournette, RB
#5 - Titans - Corey Davis, WR
#6 - Jets - Jamal Adams, S
#7 - Chargers - Malik Hooker, S
#8 - Panthers - Soloman Thomas, DE
#9 - Bengals - Jonathan Allen, DE
#10 - Bills - Mike Williams, WR
#11 - Saints - Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB
#12 - Browns - Mitch Trubisky, QB
#13 - Cardinals - Derek Barnett, DE
#14 - Eagles - Reuben Foster, LB
#15 - Colts - Taco Charlton, DE
#16 - Ravens - Marlon Humphrey, CB
#17 - Redskins - Dalvin Cook, RB
#18 - Titans - Tre'davious White, CB
#19 - Bucs - Christian McAffrey, RB
#20 - Broncos - Ryan Ramczyk, OT
#21 - Lions - OJ Howard, TE
#22 - Dolphins - David Njoku, TE
#23 - Giants - Cam Robinson, OT
#24 - Raiders - Jarrad Davis, LB
#25 - Texans - Patrick Mahomes, QB
#26 - Seahawks - Forrest Lamp, OT/OG
#27 - Chiefs - John Ross, WR
#28 - Cowboys - Gareon Conley, CB
#29 - Packers - Adoree' Jackson, CB
#30 - Steelers - Budda Baker, S/CB
#31 - Falcons - Garett Bowles, OG
#32 - Saints - Jabrill Peppers, S

I personally like Kizer the most of all the QBs in this class - think he has all the tools to be a real star.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:12 pm

I can see Fournette going to the Jags and being terrible. I also think Howard goes much higher than 21 too.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:26 pm

JDizzle wrote:I can see Fournette going to the Jags and being terrible. I also think Howard goes much higher than 21 too.

Fournette does seem like the kind of piece Jacksonville probably think they are missing (Seeing as they are still bizarrely behind the Blake Bortles experience).

I don't see it with Howard - I see a decent, not great TE - think he's getting slightly overrated cos he is one of the few college TE's who can block a bit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:39 pm

Pretty sure Jax thought that about Yeldon.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:49 am

Pr4wn wrote:Pretty sure Jax thought that about Yeldon.

Probably did - turns out he's a jag in every sense of the word
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next