The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+23
mikeygnfl
GSC
Pr4wn
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
Marky
No name Bertie
Breadvan
Duty281
BamBam
CJB
rugbybanter
TightHEAD
dummy_half
Forward Pass
gazzyD
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
twelve283
aucklandlaurie
TM Moot
westisbest
27 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 11 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.

Number one D in the NFL without their best player.

They're one of about 8 teams to hold that tag - and lets face it it's measured in yards...in points the #1 D was the Pats.

No great defences out there this year, just a lot of pretty good ones. If they had Watt, maybe they'd be great...but they don't
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 11 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:42 am

I don't think it really moves the needle. Bills obviously decided if Brady goes down Garoppolo can't win with this roster so get what you can.

Don't see him as a difference maker tbh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 11 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Nov 2017, 12:08 pm

GSC wrote:I don't think it really moves the needle. Bills obviously decided if Brady goes down Garoppolo can't win with this roster so get what you can.

Don't see him as a difference maker tbh

Pretty much. I think he can be a top 15-20 QB in the right situation - but he needs the weapons. San Fran is about as far away from having a good supporting cast as you can be in the NFL
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:39 pm

The Pats needed some high picks this year too - as they’ll need a new LT and desperately need some speed in the front 7. Just makes sense all round.

I don’t blame them for holding out either to be fair. There are always teams desperate for a QB and it only takes one panicked GM to outbid the niners.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:48 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Getting a third rounder for a first-round talent WR who has played below his best because of injury in a season where you're 5-2 is not good business.
Most stunning thing about that whole trade for me was seeing the Panthers are 5-2. Both losses were so bad I think I just assumed they must have picked up some more.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:16 pm

They're 5-3 anyway
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 02 Nov 2017, 6:11 pm

Carson Wentz is the NFCs Offensive Player of the Month, DeShaun Watson is the AFCs.

The Browns don't know how to cc on an email.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 02 Nov 2017, 6:12 pm

Just another day in this weird season: Josh Gordon may well end up playing more games than Andrew Luck.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 02 Nov 2017, 10:51 pm

Oh man Deshaun Watson suffered a torn ACL on a HB toss play in practice

Horrible horrible news
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 02 Nov 2017, 11:13 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Oh man Deshaun Watson suffered a torn ACL on a HB toss play in practice

Horrible horrible news

It's bad news for the NFL as he was having an almost dream start, making the Texans interesting to watch and bringing in the interest a rookie sensation does. Hopefully he'll bounce straight back and won't be any the worse for it. Sad

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 05 Nov 2017, 5:02 pm

Jags have apparently decided to sit Fournette for missing a team photo...

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 05 Nov 2017, 7:35 pm

Thanks Gase
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 06 Nov 2017, 12:41 am

Wow, what a finish in Seattle. Skins may just have rescued the season. Very Happy

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 06 Nov 2017, 7:40 pm

Think its possibly a week too late, but big win nonetheless
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 06 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

Tend to agree with GSC, I think we needed to beat Dallas last week to be in with a shout in the NFC this year. Halfway point of the season and 8 teams in the conference have a better record and 2 more are tied with us. Our schedule isn't soft enough to go say, 6-2 over the rest of the season and pinch a wildcard with the injuries we have.

Great win last night though... had no business winning that game given the injury situation.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 06 Nov 2017, 8:12 pm

Fun stat.... hiw bad have the Redskins been since basically the last time they won the Superbowl? Last night was the first time since 1999 that we took the ball with less than 2 mins left and scored a game winning TD.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 08 Nov 2017, 11:31 am

Maybe it's brave saying this, especially with the Giants tanking, but I think the NFC East right now is the toughest in the NFL. Arguably the AFC East is tough, but the Bills have flattered to deceive, the Dolphins are headed south and the Jets have probably set themselves too much of a mountain to climb. Every other division is arguably a 2 horse race, and while it's unlikely as hell the Skins could overhaul the Eagles now, if the Skins can win the next 2 (just as unlikely), then the #2 spot is there for the taking.

The Eagles have beaten almost everyone in their path, and in some cases convincingly. The Cowboys, with Elliot of course, look like they can beat anyone. The Skins have beaten both the Rams and Seahawks, 2 teams that right now out rank them for a wild card spot. I doubt it, but the East could end up sending 3 teams to the playoffs.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 09 Nov 2017, 9:30 pm

MARTY IS BACK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 Nov 2017, 6:48 pm

This week looks awful on paper
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 12 Nov 2017, 7:42 pm

Redskins/Vikes almost a carbon copy of the Redskins/Chiefs and the second Redskins/Eagles game this season.... promising early start and a Redskins 2nd quarter lead and then bang... the space of 3 drives and 5 minutes the opposition goes in at half time with the game won.

Redskins defense having its worst game of the season by a mile so far.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 12 Nov 2017, 9:17 pm

Defense gave up too many big plays.

Offense left too many points on the field.

Bad loss.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Nov 2017, 10:07 pm

The Chargers had the most Charger loss in history today

Also Rivers is one of the most overrated QBs of this generation
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 12 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm

Jags Chargers was a game of comedy value... how to win a game, whilst trying almost everything possible to lose a game.

A couple of Bortles INTs in the last 3 mins (+ a gimme pick six dropped by San Diego a few mins earlier), a couple of silly 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties costing valuable FG position, a couple of dodgey FG's to get overtime and to win the game... yet the still did it in the end thanks to their defence

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 12 Nov 2017, 10:41 pm

For Redskins fans... it's always the hope that kills you.

On the road next week in New Orleans... we'll be 4-6 after that... tonight I can let this season go.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:32 am

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 11 L0GrKpT
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:43 am

Pats rounding nicely into form - defence is never gonna be a dominating unit, but we're now not beating ourselves with coverage busts etc, and that works well enough in the NFL. Offence is clicking really well at the moment, Brady is on fire
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 15 Nov 2017, 2:57 pm

The Bills benched Tyrod

Hahhhhahahahahahahhhahahaha that organisation man
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 15 Nov 2017, 7:46 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:The Bills benched Tyrod

Out with the old, in with the new. Bringing in the new staffs pick to replace a serviceable veteran who could go on to great things. Giants-Warner-Manning comes to mind...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Nov 2017, 8:31 pm

Swapped a mediocre QB for a likely bad QB

Woop woop
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 17 Nov 2017, 7:17 pm

Hope everyone's sitting down: it appears Jameis Winston may have behaved inappropriately towards a woman.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:41 pm

Well looks like the Redskins D fails to come out in the 2nd half again and our season is all but over. Sad

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:26 pm

GSC wrote:Swapped a mediocre QB for a likely bad QB

Woop woop

Looks like the Bills are leaning towards the bad end of your statement...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:46 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:The Bills benched Tyrod

God bless the buffalo bills

Who would’ve thought a kid who throw a 40% completion percentage against 5 man pressures in college would struggle in the NFL with his best WR being Jordan Matthews....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:55 pm

Is Tyrod Taylor sat on the sidelines smirking? They're making the Browns look like a functional organisation...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:21 pm

skins4ever wrote:Well looks like the Redskins D fails to come out in the 2nd half again and our season is all but over. Sad

Getting into good positions and failing to get the job done is a recurring theme for us skins. The injuries have been a joke this season and they obviously don't help but at some point when you're consistently unable to get these games over the line and pick up the win, I guess you have to ask questions of the coaches.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 20 Nov 2017, 12:22 am

Another fun fact to poke my Redskins with.... think of how many really really dreadful teams there have been in the NFL over the last couple of decades.... and then consider that tonight's debacle against New Orleans means that the Redskins will again fall short of 11 wins for the 26th straight season.... that's the longest such streak in the NFL.

Also, just for good measure, here's another one this is now the 7th time out of the last 9 seasons that the Redskins have been either 4-6 or 3-7 after 10 games.

Supporting the Redskins is a form of masochism I tell you.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 Nov 2017, 9:56 am

I watch Washington and I see a physically and mentally weak team - and I am reminded of all those off season articles from Washington/NFL during training camp calling their training camp the "softest" people had ever seen - and I think that has something to do with it. Training camp is when you should be pushing hard, doing all your conditioning, building mental toughness that will be there when you need it most.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:00 pm

Apparently Bills beat reporters think Peterman's going to start against the Chiefs based on what McDermott's been saying.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Nov 2017, 3:50 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:Apparently Bills beat reporters think Peterman's going to start against the Chiefs based on what McDermott's been saying.

Really really hope he makes it to the Pats games...we always struggle with Tyrod!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:12 pm

So, the Raiders who haven't really done much on O this season sack their DC...
The Giants get a big win after their long time starting QB makes a rousing speech (where were you in week 1 Eli?)
The Broncos are starting their 3rd QB this season and there appears to be a rift building between the team and the GM.
The Chiefs appear to be imploding after a stunning start to the season.
The Patriots look like 1 of only 2 SB hopefuls in the AFC after starting the season with a D that would make a paper cut out look tough.
The Steelers are the other contender after their HOF QB started the season looking washed up.
The Cowboys have proven themselves one good RB away from mediocre (not to mention spending more time in the news due to courtroom drama instead of on the field drama).
The Jags have every chance of winning their division with a QB who has gone from hero to zero in 3 seasons.
The Vikings are all but romping away with their division with a QB who would be 3rd string on most other teams.
The Saints lead their division (and are favourite to win it) after stinking up going 0-2.
The Rams lead their division after looking dysfunctional all of last year.

Man, it's only week 11 and the only thing stopping me thinking I've found an alternate reality is that the Browns are still awful! Very Happy

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:16 am

The Raiders are literally the worst defence in the league and are the first team to not have an interception at this stage of a season ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:58 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:The Raiders are literally the worst defence in the league and are the first team to not have an interception at this stage of a season ever

True, but when you talk Beast Mode back into the game and then give him the ball less than 15 times a game, I'd say fingers ought to be pointing at their play calling as an equally pertinent issue.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:13 pm

God, Dallas have turned to sh!t.

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:07 pm

How bad are the Giants???

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 25 Nov 2017, 1:50 pm

Number-25 wrote:How bad are the Giants???

Worse than the Skins thankfully. I said it earlier in the year, Manning is nearing retirement rapidly each week. And while they have built a solid D, they have made a pigs ear of their RB position (worse even than the Skins) and they have no real depth at WR behind Beckham. They need an offensive rebuild and if they don't lose Manning and his hefty contract and inevitable downside, within 2 years, they won't be able to afford it.

Foer us, got to be honest, I'm viewing the rest of the season as glass half full. To get here with 5 wins when it should be at least 7 (given at least 2 games we've blown), means we should at least be 8-8 if not 9-7 come the end. Maybe a miracle and we make 10-6, but without some luck going our way, even then I think we'll be on the outside of the playoffs looking in. We've done the streak to close out the season before, but if we get any more injuries, I can't see it. Next draft has to be focussed on OL, maybe a WR prospect (unless Pryor can come back from injury a whole heap better), and beef up the DL and secondary corps. Thankfully Kerrigan looks like he's got plenty left in the tank, else we'd be looking for a new edge rusher.

Oh yeah, and Dallas stink without Elliot. Whistle

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 27 Nov 2017, 2:12 pm

Eagles will win the NFCE with their next win or Cowboys loss
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 27 Nov 2017, 2:19 pm

100% Philly are going full Dallas and losing in the divisional round imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 27 Nov 2017, 2:25 pm

Depends who they play but we actually have a defense and Aaron Rodgers isnt in this year's field.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Mon 27 Nov 2017, 2:43 pm

GSC wrote:Eagles will win the NFCE with their next win or Cowboys loss
Thursday night then
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 27 Nov 2017, 3:10 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:The Raiders are literally the worst defence in the league and are the first team to not have an interception at this stage of a season ever

Well, the Raiders finally got a pick, and of course it was anything but conventional - deep in their end zone, the ball was deflected by one (diving) Raider, off the intended receiver onto the DB at the back of the end zone and forward to the first defender, who was lying on his back and the ball just fell into his arms...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 9:05 pm

Eli benched... i'd understand if it wasn't for Geno Smith...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next