The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+23
mikeygnfl
GSC
Pr4wn
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
Marky
No name Bertie
Breadvan
Duty281
BamBam
CJB
rugbybanter
TightHEAD
dummy_half
Forward Pass
gazzyD
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
twelve283
aucklandlaurie
TM Moot
westisbest
27 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 14 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 20:50

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.

Number one D in the NFL without their best player.

They're one of about 8 teams to hold that tag - and lets face it it's measured in yards...in points the #1 D was the Pats.

No great defences out there this year, just a lot of pretty good ones. If they had Watt, maybe they'd be great...but they don't
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 14 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 21:17

That was (or still is) one mental game of football...

Rather surprised, but loving the Jaguars winning...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 14 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 21:18

Belichick has to love the team that pretends passing is a trick play advancing.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 21:26

Well, that was an exhibition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 22:24

Steelers cannot get out of their own way - honestly never seen a team that talented that poorly coached, no idea how to play situational football or adjust
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:00

Massive fan of Scott Hanson just taking over the Sky studio cutting off Reynolds to ask his own better questions is great stuff

Subtly taking Reynolds manhood
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:02

I hope these refs dont turn up next week.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:50

Jacksonville and to an extent Philadelphia last night with Nick Foles under Center, showing precisely why the Redskins should let Kirk Cousins walk rather than committing a massive chunk of their salary cap to him.... build the rest of the roster right and all you need at QB to win in the playoffs is just a guy.

Of course the problem the Redskins have is that they are worse than bad at building a roster Laugh

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 14 Jan 2018 - 23:52

I mean, as of right now, 3 of the 4 QBs starting in next week’s Conference Championship games will be Nick Foles, Blake Bortles and Case Keenum....

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 0:04

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Massive fan of Scott Hanson just taking over the Sky studio cutting off Reynolds to ask his own better questions is great stuff

Subtly taking Reynolds manhood

I'm probably in the minority but I quite like Reynolds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 1:03

This has been brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 1:08

WOW!!!! Clutch or what!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 1:15

That was unbelievable. Unreal. Imagine what it was like to be in that stadium!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 1:19

Amazing. The visual at that final snap. So good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 1:23

Hanson is quite the boss. Can we keep him?!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 7:26

I guess the good news is we've played the Vikes at home in the last 18 months where our QB did nothing and we won handily.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 10:07

What an ending to the game last night, the atmosphere must have been unreal!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 12:42

GSC wrote:I guess the good news is we've played the Vikes at home in the last 18 months where our QB did nothing and we won handily.

the good news is that Vikings OL against your DL is going to be a massacre
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 13:08

Yeah they got destroyed that day too.

If it's a low scoring game, we'll win. Home crowd will be loud and playing outside.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 15:38

Mularkey our in Tennessee. Really gutsy call - too often one results changes a perception of a coach. McDaniels you favourite.

How bad must Luck’s shoulder really be if none of these OC’s wants that HC job?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 16:46

The Titans thing is a bit weird. A lot of people were expecting him to go if they got thumped last week, then they won and made a point of saying he was safe, and now they got thumped and he's out.

Case Keenum or Nick Foles is going to start in a Super Bowl. Possibly against Blake Bortles. Unbelievable.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 18:46

I think Mularkey was safe as long as he agreed to changes that would have improved the O, probably along the lines of "you need to get an OC who can bring Mariota along" etc., to which he probably replied, "I prefer to do it my way thank you very much", at which point both sides realised they wanted different things. I highly doubt he was summarily sacked, given what he'd just done, as that would send entirely the wrong message to any incoming coach.

Vikings game was fantastic viewing, and I love that shot of the studio crew shell shocked after that last play. I really hope the conference champs and SB live up to the level of the playoffs so far. With the exception of the Pats v Titans, every game has been highly watchable so far.

And I too am struggling to believe that the SB could be Foles or Keenum against Bortles. Potential to be a close one if it's not the Pats. And if it is, it will likely be a comeback win again, as Pats seemed to be slow starters lately.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 18:12

Updated changes so far:

Giants: OUT Jerry Reese (GM), Ben McAdoo IN Dave Gettleman (GM)
Browns: OUT Sashi Brown (GM) IN John Dorsey (GM)
Packers: OUT Ted Thompson (GM) IN Brian Gutekunst (GM)
Texans: OUT Rick Smith (GM) IN Brian Gaine
Cardinals: OUT Bruce Arians
Raiders: OUT Jack Del Rio IN Jon Gruden
Colts: OUT Chuck Pagano
Lions: OUT Jim Caldwell
Bears: OUT John Fox IN Matt Nagy
Titans: OUT Mike Mularkey

Reportedly Shurmur to the Giants, McDaniels to the Colts and Patricia to the Lions are all but done deals.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 23:34

Talk is McDaniels may well switch to the Titans. Right now more upside with Luck's health next year an unknown. Nothing will be known until Pats are finished in playoffs anyway. If he does go to Tenn. then thinking is Vrabel could take Colts job?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 23:37

Talk is he's basically all but signed with the Colts and the Titans have moved onto Vrabel
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 13:49

Brady questionable for Sunday. Bad cut on his hand according to reports, including stitches. I'd normally say the usual Pats smokescreen has gone up about an injury, but he's been VERY mum about it with the press and kept it covered up. Wondering if it will actually hinder him Sunday? Could be Jags best hope of winning, putting as much pressure on him as possible.

Or maybe they'll just let the air out of the balls to help him...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 23:08

Having swung and missed on Josh McDaniels, the Titans seemingly selected the next Bill Belichick coach they could find on wikipedia
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 20:55

Oh hello!

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 22:24

Jacksonville aren’t going to go to the Superbowl are they???

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 22:37

I hope so, they've been immense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 22:49

They're really starting to bottle it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 22:50

It’s unravelling now....

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 22:53

Amendolaaaaaaaaa!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 22:56

Damn, dem Pats.

It's been an excellent game though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 23:30

Imagine if we hadn’t traded our best QB to the 49ers eh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 23:40

Brady’s 8th Superbowl..... mental.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 23:45

Brady will now have played in 15% of all super bowls, and Belichick will have coached in 21% of them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 23:48

Got to be honest I was rooting for the Jags, but when you end up in so many 3rd and long situations, and you don't have someone like Brady, you are going to struggle to finish the game. Not fair to blame Bortles - he put up nearly 300y and a TD with no INT's - and they controlled the clock, but leant too heavily on Fournette instead of mixing it up more. Numbers tell a lie with this one; the Jags outgained the Pats, well outstripped them on TOP and won the turnover battle. They couldn't keep Brady off the field enough, and learnt what the Falcons learnt last year, Brady doesn't care about what should happen, only what he wants to make happen.

Sadly I don't think either NFC team can beat the Pats, as they just seem adept at overcoming strong defences. Headscratch

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 23:51

Jags D came up small in the biggest moment ultimately - 3rd and 18, up 10, around 8 minutes to go and the Pats 15/20 - Pats minus Gronk. You gotta get off the field there if you're gonna be a championship team
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 1:11

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
GSC wrote:I guess the good news is we've played the Vikes at home in the last 18 months where our QB did nothing and we won handily.

the good news is that Vikings OL against your DL is going to be a massacre

as predicted
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 4:18

Omfg
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 12:22

Nick Wentz

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 13:34

Just give Brady the ring now. Its a done deal.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 19:02

It's only a done deal if Foles reverts to type and their D doesn't turn up.

Posted the same on FB; this is probably the only SB I can remember where I didn't want either side to win. Very Happy

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 19:15

Not all officially announced yet, but looks like the HC and GM jobs are all sorted for next season:

Giants: OUT Jerry Reese (GM), Ben McAdoo IN Dave Gettleman (GM) Pat Shurmur
Browns: OUT Sashi Brown (GM) IN John Dorsey (GM)
Packers: OUT Ted Thompson (GM) IN Brian Gutekunst (GM)
Texans: OUT Rick Smith (GM) IN Brian Gaine (GM)
Cardinals: OUT Bruce Arians IN Steve Wilks
Raiders: OUT Jack Del Rio IN Jon Gruden
Colts: OUT Chuck Pagano IN Josh McDaniels
Lions: OUT Jim Caldwell IN Matt Patricia
Bears: OUT John Fox IN Matt Nagy
Titans: OUT Mike Mularkey IN Mike Vrabel

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 20:33

Poor old Jacksonville... Was going so well until the 4th quarter, but their play calling got too negative and they went away from what had been working for them all game and that boy Brady did it again

It's what Brady and Belichick do to you... they just make you feel like their capable of coming back from anything and the Jags cracked.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 21:56

The Jags lost the moment Marrone started taking knees with 50 seconds in the half. Jags play as if they don't have a QB.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 23 Jan 2018 - 9:21

I think the Superbowl is far from a done deal. Eagles are playing some outstanding D just now and if there has ever been a time in his career when Brady has looked vulnerable it's only been when teams are able to get at him quickly.

Brady and Belichick automatically make the Pats the favourites of course but it would be far from a shock if Philly won.

Not a Superbowl though where I'll find it easy to root for either team.... can't ever want the Eagles to win any game though so Go Pats!!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 22:35

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 14 DUa3yybXUAAocZw

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 23:45

I wish I had money to throw away like Vince does
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 0:02

I’m so hyped for this
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next