The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trump Presidency

+29
dummy_half
Samo
lfc91
TRUSSMAN66
navyblueshorts
GSC
Derbymanc
Gwlad
Galted
Pr4wn
Hammersmith harrier
JuliusHMarx
TopHat24/7
Dolphin Ziggler
Muscular-mouse
Scottrf
dyrewolfe
kingraf
Tattie Scones RRN
Ent
the-goon
JDizzle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
aucklandlaurie
SecretFly
33 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 10 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 10 Feb - 13:03

First topic message reminder :

Well, since the last thread got terminated, I thought I'd open a new one as I think Trump's Presidency is potentially quite an important event (one way or the other), so we should talk about it.

Let's at least try to argue points raised rather than sling any personal insults (not that I mind).

To kick off, what on Earth is that Kellyanne Conway doing promoting Ivanka Trump's fashion line and does the Donald seriously think it's OK to weigh in as he's done??? With any luck, some legal eagles will tear Conway down somewhat and someone (anyone!) will convince Trump to stop tweeting. In fact, does anyone in the Administration know what they're doing? A less suitable press officer than Spicer is hard to imagine but to be fair to the guy, it must be difficult fielding media comments when he's having to make it up on the hoof.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 10 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by SecretFly Fri 3 Mar - 14:21

superflyweight wrote:The problem Trump has is that he's just not likeable and people take delight in winding him up and taking the p1ss out of him.  

No wonder the lesser Fly can relate to him.  

Isn't that the accusation constantly being dropped through my mailbox?

BTW, I had the real envelope. I just hid it for the fun.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 3 Mar - 14:24

Pr4wn wrote:What?

You're purposefully not engaging in debate by not answering his question.

Trump is a liar?

Yeah, he's a liar. He lies about things. He tells the truth about others. It's the other bits I like him for.

Now? Answer the question. What's your solution?

Impeachment? Resignation? And following on either - what then?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 3 Mar - 14:29

The lying bit for me isn't the worrying aspect of the Trump Presidency, the worrying part is the movement towards groups of the Far Right and that they're becoming accepted within culture, that it's becoming okay to judge or hate people simply because they're of a different religion or country of birth and he has directly contributed to that through his rhetoric.

Last edited by Hero on Fri 3 Mar - 15:23; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 3 Mar - 14:36

Hero wrote:The lying bit for me isn't the worrying aspect of the Trump Presidency, the worrying part is that the movement towards groups of the Far Right and that they're becoming accepted within culture, that it's becoming okay to judge or hate people simply because they're of a different religion or country of birth and he has directly contributed to that through his rhetoric.

Indeed.  A white* supremacist like Bannon should be allowed nowhere near government.  He's a fat, hate-mongering @rsehole and should be sitting in his mother's basement randomly thrashing out nonsense on obscure internet forums.  No offence, lesser Fly.  

*Not that any other supremacists should be allowed near government, mind you.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 3 Mar - 14:44

SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Answer the question. Stop deflecting.

This is a debate

No it isn't - not the way you do it. Sadly.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 3 Mar - 15:02

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

This is a debate

This is a debate. You and others lay down your angles on the Trump Administration. I lay down mine. Mine aren't appreciated here - that's the difference. The alternative scan isn't popular.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 3 Mar - 15:03

superflyweight wrote:
Hero wrote:The lying bit for me isn't the worrying aspect of the Trump Presidency, the worrying part is that the movement towards groups of the Far Right and that they're becoming accepted within culture, that it's becoming okay to judge or hate people simply because they're of a different religion or country of birth and he has directly contributed to that through his rhetoric.

Indeed.  A white* supremacist like Bannon should be allowed nowhere near government.  He's a fat, hate-mongering @rsehole and should be sitting in his mother's basement randomly thrashing out nonsense on obscure internet forums.  No offence, lesser Fly.  

*Not that any other supremacists should be allowed near government, mind you.

None taken OtherFly OK I'd be long gone from here if I did. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 3 Mar - 15:09

SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

This is a debate

This is a debate.  You and others lay down your angles on the Trump Administration.  I lay down mine.  Mine aren't appreciated here - that's the difference.  The alternative scan isn't popular.

You don't lay down your angles on the Trump Administration.

Me: What do you think abut Sessions?
You: That Democrat's tweets are embarrassing
Me: I agree, but I don't think Sessions deliberately misled anyone, what do you think?
You: Obama lied.
Me: I'm sure he did at times, but Sessions was very recent and is the current AG, so perhaps we could talk about him.
You: People here disagree with me and they don't like my views.
Me: Uh, OK. What are your views on the Sessions situation, exactly?
You: This is a debate.

Etc etc.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 3 Mar - 15:12

Bad representation. Secretfly* doesn't sound nearly pompous enough.

Last edited by Scottrf on Fri 3 Mar - 15:17; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 3 Mar - 15:15

Scottrf wrote:Bad representation. Superfly doesn't sound nearly pompous enough.

You mean Secretfly Smile

How's this?

You: That Democrat's tweets are embarrassing, but I'm the only one who keeps an eye on everything.
Me: I agree, but I don't think Sessions deliberately misled anyone, what do you think?
You: Obama lied, but no-one here bothers to research that or admit it. You're all so close-minded.
Me: I'm sure he did at times, but Sessions was very recent and is the current AG, so perhaps we could talk about him.
You: People here disagree with me and they don't like my views, because they are wrong and I'm right.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 3 Mar - 15:29

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You mean Secretfly Smile

Sure?? Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 3 Mar - 15:46

Up yours Toppy!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 3 Mar - 15:50

Hero wrote:The lying bit for me isn't the worrying aspect of the Trump Presidency, the worrying part is the movement towards groups of the Far Right and that they're becoming accepted within culture, that it's becoming okay to judge or hate people simply because they're of a different religion or country of birth and he has directly contributed to that through his rhetoric.

Like Brexit ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 3 Mar - 15:51

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hero wrote:The lying bit for me isn't the worrying aspect of the Trump Presidency, the worrying part is the movement towards groups of the Far Right and that they're becoming accepted within culture, that it's becoming okay to judge or hate people simply because they're of a different religion or country of birth and he has directly contributed to that through his rhetoric.

Like Brexit ??

Exactly.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 3 Mar - 15:56

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You mean Secretfly Smile

How's this?

You: That Democrat's tweets are embarrassing, but I'm the only one who keeps an eye on everything.
You: Obama lied, but no-one here bothers to research that or admit it. You're all so close-minded.
You: People here disagree with me and they don't like my views, because they are wrong and I'm right.

Nice concise version of history, Julius but you knew there'd be another version. Wink  

So here's that other version (Less concise of course coz Fly is awful mouthy)

You:  What do we think about Sessions?
Me:  That Democrat's tweets are embarrassing.
Another:  Don't be accusing lawyers of lying!
You: Yes one person lying always excuses another person lying.
Me:  Everyone lies, and I seem to be the only one ever constantly saying so on these pages.  That Democrat's tweets are embarrassing.
You:  Yes, just because everyone lies that excuses Sessions of lying.
Me:  That Democrat excused herself for lying and called it forgetting.  She and Sessions accusers are hypocrites.
You: Yes and just because they're all hypocrites - you included Fly (but not me) - just because they're all hypocrites, Sessions can be a hypocrite.  
Me:  Sessions can be anything he wants.  I want to see him get down to work and his detractors don't  
You:  He's bad
Me:  He's good.
You:  You won't engage in debate.  Say he's bad for lying.
Me:  No, I won't.  He's good and I want him to go after bad people.
You: Who are the bad people?
Me:  Any number of people in and around the last administation and the Clinton campaign.  That's for Sessions to hopefully find out.
You:  Talking about Obama and the Clintons is fobidden, they are yesterday's news.
Me:  They don't think so.  Obama's former AG (the only one ever to be held in contempt by Congress) says Obama is on the way back, Trump says he's involved still in the Russian Narrative and Hillary has been giving her voice to a new Democrat ad.
You:  You are outnumbered on that view therefore you must be a wum or simply wrong.
Me:  Right or wrong, makes no difference.  My opinion is what matters in a debate.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 3 Mar - 15:57

PS, I like this better when we can forge ahead by giving each others opinions. It quickens things up.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 3 Mar - 17:02

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 3 Mar - 17:32

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
And still he goes on. Why don't you accept any criticism of Trump et al? Why don't you accept that he's a demonstrable liar? Maybe the fact he lies is all Hillary's doing? She's got some alien-inherited mind controlling device maybe? If so, does it use tinfoil? Cool

As was the other candidate???  As was the previous incumbent?  

So the question is, if Trump is the only politician that can be talked about in a Trump's Presidency thread... who the hell did you people prefer to be talking about at this moment in time four or five weeks after an election.  Trump is BAD.  Trump is a Liar!  Trump is a Racist!!!!   All that stuff?  

So what do you want?  What's the nature of the thread?  What's the solution?  Impeachment, Resignation or Assassination?  Those are the three options.  Now, when that is done - any of them - what next?   Hillary takes over?  Obama comes back for another 8 years under emergency legislation?  Or Pence?  He's worse than Trump in the minds of the 'liberal' movement!  Cool

Outlaw the Presidency completely then and rule America from the EU.  Jean Claude as Dictator.

Thank-you. I think that illustrates the point I and others make perfectly. Whereas I don't think Hilary is a saint, you apparently can't admit to anything flawed in Trump and his lot.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 3 Mar - 17:34

SecretFly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:What?

You're purposefully not engaging in debate by not answering his question.

Trump is a liar?  

Yeah, he's a liar.  He lies about things.  He tells the truth about others.  It's the other bits I like him for.

Now?  Answer the question.  What's your solution?

Impeachment?  Resignation?  And following on either - what then?
Mark the day guys and gals. I can say I was there. I bet you feel better for admitting that Fly? Go on, you know you do and admission is the first step on the road to recovery....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 3 Mar - 17:36

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Like Brexit ??

Yup.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 4 Mar - 20:08

Seems Trump's latest target is a wire tap that the FBI got a warrant for as part of its investigation into Russian leaks? And he blames Barry.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 5 Mar - 11:12

Nixon had secret talks with the Vietcong to delay peace talks so he could get elected in 68.

90 percent of the press is liberal which is why they are making a deal about this...If Clinton had been doing it no one would care about Russia.

Sour grapes....Trump got information to reinforce what everybody always knew about Hillary.

Politics is dirty ??..Well fancy that !

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 5 Mar - 21:02

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nixon had secret talks with the Vietcong to delay peace talks so he could get elected in 68.

90 percent of the press is liberal which is why they are making a deal about this...If Clinton had been doing it no one would care about Russia.

Sour grapes....Trump got information to reinforce what everybody always knew about Hillary.

Seriously? Wish it was in the U.K. Does that say anything about how far right U.S. politics actually is?

Another Trump w*nker moment. He hasn't any evidence of this and he knows it. I hope they hold his feet to the coals and embarrass the c.rap out of him.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 5 Mar - 21:52

No evidence - perfect way to start a conspiracy theory. Some people will buy anything.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 6 Mar - 9:05

Trump approval polling................

Mar 5............Gallup

Approve 43...........Disapprove 50...

Mar 3............Rasmussen

Approve 53...........Disapprove 47....

Mar 1.........Yougov/econ

Approve 45..............Disapprove 51...

All this chaos isn't showing up in his approval polling........Whereas..

Congress approval rating....Yougov/econ

Approve 17..........Disapprove 56

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 6 Mar - 9:52

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nixon had secret talks with the Vietcong to delay peace talks so he could get elected in 68.

Seriously? Wish it was in the U.K. Does that say anything about how far right U.S. politics actually is?

Another Trump w*nker moment. He hasn't any evidence of this and he knows it. I hope they hold his feet to the coals and embarrass the c.rap out of him.

Truss has been out of the US so long now he's forgotten about Fox News even......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 6 Mar - 9:53

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump approval polling................

Mar 5............Gallup  

The idea that Trump has better ratings than the U.S. Congress is pretty funny...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 6 Mar - 10:25

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump approval polling................

Mar 5............Gallup  

The idea that Trump has better ratings than the U.S. Congress is pretty funny...

Think the fact they spent the last four years gridlocking Obama has much to do with it..........

Looks like they haven't learned lessons......Trump still hasn't got his cabinet through..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 8 Mar - 10:45

See Trump is embarrassing himself with Schwarzenegger again......What value in trying to gloat about his firing on the apprentice..No value at all......You're the President....You're supposed to be above that....He's a modern day Warren Harding...(President 21-23 died in office)

GOP : Before we confirm you as candidate can you tell us if there is anything in your past or present that may embarrass the ticket ??

Harding : Errrm Good question !!

GOP - "Before we confirm you as candidate have you any friends or acquaintances that could embarrass the ticket ??"

Harding : "Ermmm Good question !!....

Harding : Could I have 24 hours and come back to you.....Good questions !!

The dopiest President in history was Warren !!...Tea pot Dome was a huge scandal under him and he'd only been in office a year......He didn't have any friends that weren't corrupt....played like a violin he was so thick. However I'll give Trump credit for picking a d**khead Vice President in Pence....History shows you only have a one in four chance of being assassinated with a knob in that position....Pence makes ISIS seem Liberal..

Lincoln>Johnson
McKinley<Roosevelt
Garfield <Arthur
Kennedy<LBJ......

Always follow the Nixon quote on Vice Presidents......

Aide : Vice President Agnew is in the headlines again embarrassing you.....Maybe it is time to get rid ??
Nixon : "Are you kidding me ??......Who is going to assassinate me with that complete idiot waiting to take over...."

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 9 Mar - 16:52

I see Trump's first month added 108,000 more jobs than expected ...According to the ADP Employment report...

Don't be good be lucky..

He's inherited a growing economy....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 9 Mar - 16:58

Must have been all that golfing that Obama did.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 9 Mar - 17:05

Pr4wn wrote:Must have been all that golfing that Obama did.

Life is about timing.......In fairness to Obama I can't think of many Presidents that won re-election in a recession like he did...

Should think he is examining the possibilities of suing Trump over this wire-tapping accusation.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Mar - 16:36

Donald Trump.....latest odds....

To be impeached before 2020 - Evens.

To get divorced from Melania - 5/1

To get Mexico to pay for the wall - 25/1

Trump to announce Alien lifeform exists - 20/1

Trump to convert to Islam - 50/1 .......

Trump's wife to run against him in 2020......80/1....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 23 Mar - 16:55

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Must have been all that golfing that Obama did.

Life is about timing.......In fairness to Obama I can't think of many Presidents that won re-election in a recession like he did...

Should think he is examining the possibilities of suing Trump over this wire-tapping accusation.

Oh I wouldn't be so hasty.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 24 Mar - 20:52

Plenty of personal blows landed on Trump so far, but the first big political blow. For the man who sold himself as a deal maker this was 1 deal too big.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 24 Mar - 22:24

GSC wrote:Plenty of personal blows landed on Trump so far, but the first big political blow. For the man who sold himself as a deal maker this was 1 deal too big.
Pretty funny if you ask me. Been chuckling for a couple of hours. Childish I know, but.... Laugh
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Mar - 9:55

Ironically the bill was killed by Tea Party representatives that didn't think the bill was extreme enough...

Trump could afford 22 moderate Republicans sticking up middle fingers..

The Tea Party would frighten ISIS...No taxes..No healthcare if you can't afford it..No welfare..and bomb any Country you want if you feel like it..

Still as long as Palin is the poster child for them the US can sleep safely at night.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 27 Mar - 13:37

Utter humiliation for Trump.

Wonderful.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Mar - 15:45

Not sure sociopathic types like Trump ever feel humiliated..

Four years is a long time for someone who is out of his depth.

The economy is his own salvation.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 3 Apr - 15:32

Clinton is out and about doing speeches and making trips....The Liberal press are blaming misogyny, Russia and the FBI for her defeat.

Oh dear how do I get the feeling a 73 year old Granny will be declaring as a candidate in 2020.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 3 Apr - 15:38

New York is her goal now.... The Russians have invaded the Subway and that commie rat hole needs cleaning!  Never Fear, Hillary is Here!
The Trump Presidency - Page 10 Great_Wall_Card_Red_Scare

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 3 Apr - 15:43

Incidentally, it's interesting that there is talk that Mayor of New York is her new angle for power, given that it seems the NYPD are a significant player behind the scenes in...stuff.
That's a race and a half to that finish line. Who will make it first?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 3 Apr - 16:11

Not sure Mayor of NY is good enough for Aunty.

She's a shoe in for sure....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 7 Apr - 9:25

All that talk prior to the election of Trump being the better option for peace with Russia...how's that going?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 7 Apr - 10:08

Was there any talk ??....

No one gets on with Russia unless you're a dictator from a backward Country.

I agree with the strike.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 7 Apr - 10:10

There were certainly people on here stating it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 7 Apr - 10:28

Read an article giving the definitive reason why Trump won........

Misogyny and Russia basically...

Funny then how more white women voted for Trump........He got 41% of women voters overall...breakdown.....

Black women voted 94% for Hillary...
Hispanics...............68% for Hillary...
White women..........52% for Trump...

Operation-Deflect......Blame everything but the candidate.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 7 Apr - 11:35

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Was there any talk ??....

I agree with the strike.

Well its a good first step, but ultimately somebody's going to have to grow a pair, openly declare support for the official Syrian opposition, then sanction military operations to take down Assad and his whole rotten regime, while simultaneously exterminating IS and any other identifiable extremist groups operating in the area.

While also telling Putin to pull Russian forces out of Syria to make sure there aren't any accidental incidents of "friendly fire".

[Clarkson]I mean, how hard can it be?[Clarkson] Whistle

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 7 Apr - 11:38

Trump seems to be veering more towards the mainstream lately.

Bannon somewhat sidelined coinciding with Kushner/Ivanka having a more prominent role. Trying to divert him from the crash course Bannon is hoping for.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 7 Apr - 12:05

dyrewolfe wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Was there any talk ??....

I agree with the strike.

Well its a good first step, but ultimately somebody's going to have to grow a pair, openly declare support for the official Syrian opposition, then sanction military operations to take down Assad and his whole rotten regime, while simultaneously exterminating IS and any other identifiable extremist groups operating in the area.

While also telling Putin to pull Russian forces out of Syria to make sure there aren't any accidental incidents of "friendly fire".

[Clarkson]I mean, how hard can it be?[Clarkson] Whistle

Declare support for the opposition....

You want jihadists.....No thanks

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next