The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook v Spence Jr

+24
Herman Jaeger
Rodney
bhb001
Pedro147
owen10ozzy
mobilemaster8
AdamT
Dylan1979
themadworldofjb
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
hogey
Mr Bounce
Baby faced assassin
EX7EY
hazharrison
irishbrads
Jermaine2015
BoxingFan88
catchweight
melv500
Kareem61
28 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Brook v Spence Jr - Page 2 Empty Brook v Spence Jr

Post by Kareem61 Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Eddie Hearn has confirmed that Kell Brook will defend his IBF title against Errol Spence Jr. How's this one gonna go down and what does a win do for Brook? Bramall Lane is being touted as a likely venue and as a Blade I'm hoping to get to this one!

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Brook v Spence Jr - Page 2 Empty Re: Brook v Spence Jr

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:07 am

\"Dylan1979 wrote:
Puberty?? He started looking like the incredible hulk in his last two fights. Before those two, he looked a hell of a lot different. Also, the traps are a dead giveaway, his last two fights he's got traps like the Rock, same as David Haye, they're both juiced beyond belief.

Dunno why ya'll keep defending blatant cheating.

You're boring, do you comment on anything without there being a conspiracy angle?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 22 Feb 2017, 1:37 pm

Need to fail a test first

But I think the drug testing in boxing is failing anyway

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Feb 2017, 1:39 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Need to fail a test first

I agree with you. We might as well accuse every f...er if we are going to single someone out.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:57 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Need to fail a test first

Agree.

You don't build a house on quicksand, you don't place a load of virtue (testing) on a pile of doodoo (boxing)
If you do then eventually that load of virtue will start to stink....right??

The Povetkin case says it all. Wasn't the B sample split, sent to Cali and Switzerland.
Cali came out positive surprise surprise, whereas Switzerland, the most neutral country on the
planet came out negative and as yet, Povetkin still hasn't been banned....wonder why?
Cuz he's an innocent man.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Wed 22 Feb 2017, 6:02 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
\"Dylan1979 wrote:
Puberty?? He started looking like the incredible hulk in his last two fights. Before those two, he looked a hell of a lot different. Also, the traps are a dead giveaway, his last two fights he's got traps like the Rock, same as David Haye, they're both juiced beyond belief.

You're boring, do you comment on anything without there being a conspiracy angle?

Guess I'm pretty good at reading between the lines and not a fanboy nuthugger whose desperate
to have somebody like Spence take over from Ivy. Put your feelings away and call it for what it is,
or is that impossible for you to do?

I wonder what kind of comments we'd get on here if that was Golovkin who dropped outta the
WBC rankings in order to avoid Vada.

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:33 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
\"Dylan1979 wrote:

Guess I'm pretty good at reading between the lines and not a fanboy nuthugger whose desperate
to have somebody like Spence take over from Ivy. Put your feelings away and call it for what it is,

I wonder what kind of comments we'd get on here if that was Golovkin who dropped outta the

I call it exactly how it is and the only fact that currently matters is that Spence Jr has not failed a drug test.

You can list all the conjecture you want but it's not going to change anything nor does it make someone a fanboy for not agreeing with you. You know you've got no leg to stand on hence the fanboy and nuthugger jibes.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:50 pm

I suspect many of drug use, but without proof, we have to keep our mouths tight! I have done similar in the past, but without proof, we can't go around making accusations.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:51 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
\"Dylan1979 wrote:

I call it exactly how it is and the only fact that currently matters is that Spence Jr has not failed a drug test.

You can list all the conjecture you want but it's not going to change anything nor does it make someone a fanboy for not agreeing with you. You know you've got no leg to stand on hence the fanboy and nuthugger jibes.

How is he going to fail a drug test when he keeps avoiding Vada testing like the plague?

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 4:08 pm

Dylan1979 wrote:
Dylan1979 wrote:
\"Dylan1979 wrote:

How is he going to fail a drug test when he keeps avoiding Vada testing like the plague?

Erm Erm Erm Who IS this guy?!

So are you claiming he has NEVER had a single drug test throughout his career?

Like Hammer says....your arguments are backed up by statements, assumptions and idiocy.

The FACTS are that he is clean, never failed a test. Cant just say "nuthugger fans" or "fanboys" to justify your arguments.

Maybe get some kind of proof or hell, even a partial debate.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 23 Feb 2017, 6:57 pm

The testing in boxing in joke, lets be honest. When boxers opt out of stringent testing its easy to start speculating why.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm

Matthysse could be a nice addition to the welterweight division if he comes back reinvigorated after a layoff. Hopefully the rest will have given the eye time to heal up. If he turns out stronger at 47 he could be in some good fights I'm thinking Danny Garcia initially. I think that's a rematch a lot if fans would relish.

The Argentine returns on the undercard of Canelo/Chavez Jr on May 6th against Emmanuel Taylor:

http://www.boxingscene.com/matthysse-returning-hungrier-ever-says-golden-boy-diaz--114833

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10808937/brook-vs-spence-jr-kell-brook-to-defend-ibf-title-against-errol-spence-jr-at-bramall-lane-on-may-27

Brook vs Spence SBO PPV

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm

I don't mind paying for this fight. It's among two of the best in the division. Both undefeated at the weight. I think it will be a good fight, but I still got a feeling Spence will win on the cards (unless robbed).

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 22 Mar 2017, 5:57 pm

Wont be long before essentially all top matchroom fighters get the PPV treatment. Brook...Bellew...Joshua...you can hedge your bets on Crolla getting PPV if he beats Linares this weekend.

Add to that Selby will get PPV treatment the moment he picks up a major win or goes in againsy Frampton/Quigg..then we have Quigg...potentially add Luke Campbell who was heading that way before derailed...oh and lest we forget James DeGale who will also be PPV soon as Hearn can pass it off...

In the next 12 months we could get:

Joshua vs Fury/Haye
Frampton vs Selby
Quigg vs Frampton II
Selby vs Warrington
Haye vs Bellew II
Crolla vs Campbell
Brook vs Khan
DeGale vs Groves II

Thats just domestic...any of those against relative big name is going on PPV in all likelihood

Would be great in terms of boxing match ups....but very few of them are PPV. Sadly...Hearn quickly forgot about his pledge when he first started out PPV should only ever be for special attraction fights featuring the best

Its now...PPV is for anyone who the casual knows of and has a ready made grudge with a fellow brit! Sickening!

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:17 am

owen10ozzy wrote:Wont be long before essentially all top matchroom fighters get the PPV treatment. Brook...Bellew...Joshua...you can hedge your bets on Crolla getting PPV if he beats Linares this weekend.

Add to that Selby will get PPV treatment the moment he picks up a major win or goes in againsy Frampton/Quigg..then we have Quigg...potentially add Luke Campbell who was heading that way before derailed...oh and lest we forget James DeGale who will also be PPV soon as Hearn can pass it off...

In the next 12 months we could get:

Joshua vs Fury/Haye
Frampton vs Selby
Quigg vs Frampton II
Selby vs Warrington
Haye vs Bellew II
Crolla vs Campbell
Brook vs Khan
DeGale vs Groves II

Thats just domestic...any of those against relative big name is going on PPV in all likelihood

Would be great in terms of boxing match ups....but very few of them are PPV. Sadly...Hearn quickly forgot about his pledge when he first started out 'PPV should only ever be for special attraction fights featuring the best' ...

Its now...PPV is for anyone who the casual knows of and has a ready made grudge with a fellow brit! Sickening!

Does anyone have a link to this quote? I know it was said when he started out but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:19 am

We could get Joshua vs Haye once Haye dreams up a grudge match that the whole of the country have been stopping him in the street and talking to him about so he feels duty bound to defend the honour of every offended person whether they know they have been offended or not. Hopefully we will avoid that particular car crash and his patented hatemaker will be retired.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 23 Mar 2017, 1:45 pm

Froch and Kessler is a freak fight that comes around once in many years, especially in the U.K., so when we signed David people came out and said it would be another pay-per-view, but it isn’t — what I’m saying is that pay-per-view should be for something very, very special. Haye on normal Sky Sports will do massive numbers, and that’s paramount to what I’m trying to do on Sky.” -

See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/eddie-hearn-on-haye-fury-ppv-froch-vs-kessler--65197#sthash.C8Wf5zVv.dpuf

There we are Pedro and anyone else interested...his stance on what is PPv has changed a mutitude of times...usually in conjuction with when he has lined one up/announced one and is being subjected to negativity about it

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:13 pm

Thanks Owen. Saved that to my favourites.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:16 pm

Scoop 'Promoter in blag shocker'

I've said it before I'll say it again. Bellew cleverly 2 was a pilot for Eddie. It was patently a test that's his dads maxim (that brits love a grudge match... real or contrived) still held true

If you can get people to buy ppv for 2 Mediocre light heavies with a pantomime script, then frankly you can sell anything.

To those of you who bought that fight... thanks!!

Seriously though he's targeted the casual sports fan and brought them www style 'entertainment'. Those of us who consider ourselves boxing fans can get as peed off as we like,  it ain't changing anything. As for this fight, I'm really looking forward to it and will probably shell out for it, against my principals!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Froch and Kessler is a freak fight that comes around once in many years, especially in the U.K., so when we signed David people came out and said it would be another pay-per-view, but it isn’t — what I’m saying is that pay-per-view should be for something very, very special.  Haye on normal Sky Sports will do massive numbers, and that’s paramount to what I’m trying to do on Sky.” -

See more at:

http://www.boxingscene.com/eddie-hearn-on-haye-fury-ppv-froch-vs-kessler--65197#sthash.C8Wf5zVv.dpuf

There we are Pedro and anyone else interested...his stance on what is PPv has changed a mutitude of times...usually in conjuction with when he has lined one up/announced one and is being subjected to negativity about it

The writing was on the wall then... The number 2 and 3 super middles in the world is a 'freak fight that comes around once in many years'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm

Does anyone else think this ppv for every big fight is destroying boxing over here??

Older established fans/casual fans might buy the cards now, but they're too frequent. With MMA to rival boxing, I can see boxing going downhill, unless more fights are showing for free. Only major stars/fights should be ppv.

I know we get free international fights, but they are showing at stupid o'clock and only likely current fans are going to watch it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:30 pm

AdamT wrote:Does anyone else think this ppv for every big fight is destroying boxing over here??

Older established fans/casual fans might buy the cards now, but they're too frequent. With MMA to rival boxing, I can see boxing going downhill, unless more fights are showing for free. Only major stars/fights should be ppv.

I know we get free international fights, but they are showing at stupid o'clock and only likely current fans are going to watch it.

It only goes downhill if the PPV's don't sell at which point they stop happening, the continuation of constant PPV's is a sign that boxing is doing very well here albeit at a cost to the fans. MMA is a non entity in this country to be honest.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:55 pm

Among the kids it's getting bigger. Granted there are no big UK promotions, but the UFC brand is big over here.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:56 pm

The UK has had one UFC champion, I doubt anybody knows his name Adam, you're a MMA fan which is fair enough but it has no real UK market and is in reality not a worldwide sport.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:59 pm

I don't think UFC's that big at all over here, it's too expensive for a start to go to the actual shows. Smaller boxing shows seem to be getting bigger and more familie's seem to be attending. Unfortunately the PPV model is here to stay at the moment but once there's a downturn (it'll only take a couple of boring fights) it'll all be back on sky again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The UK has had one UFC champion, I doubt anybody knows his name Adam, you're a MMA fan which is fair enough but it has no real UK market and is in reality not a worldwide sport.

I'm not anymore Hammer. Watch the odd big fight. The brand sickens me tbh.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm

The only thing the UFC has is the big fights, it has no real equivalent of watching a decent domestic scrap like John Hibbert vs Dave Ryan or the Macklin, Moore, Rhodes fights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:15 pm

I don't think even the big fights are great now. Far rather watch boxing.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm

When Lewis v Tyson kicked off...Nevada took Tyson's licence away..

Chisora throws a table...Whyte makes death threats...

Hearn pays Chisora's paltry fine....Good business all round.

..P**s poor and who's Dad was it that called Haye v Chisora deplorable ??..

Now Warren who wasn't a fan of females fighting on his shows has signed Nicola Adams..

Boxing is becoming a joke.

Not paying for Brook v Spence...A guy with one decent win coming off a heavy defeat...against a relatively unknown prospect..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:37 pm

There's nowt wrong with the women fighting Truss, gotta move forward and to be honest the K.T's and Nicola Adams of this world have the skills.

Thankfully we should get the PPV for free onboard (if the bloody satellite works) so i'll watch it, other than that it'll be up to the missus.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:37 pm

Agree Truss good post.

As for women's boxing its horrendous - when will Hearn stop putting Katie Taylor on mid show ? It kills the crowd.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:40 pm

I don't have to like it..

I won't watch Katie Taylor or Adams..

Martial arts is fine but people who like watching Women punch the crap out of eachother in a ring have no class...In my opinion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:41 pm

Call me sexist but I too don't think much of womens boxing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:42 pm

They can do what they want but at the end of the day its boring ! Yes they have decent skills for a woman but ultimately its worse than club level action and you wouldn't pay top dollar for that.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:43 pm

It's sh1t and I agree. Hated womens mma too. Probably one of the reasons I am not a fan now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:44 pm

Rodney wrote:They can do what they want but at the end of the day its boring ! Yes they have decent skills for a woman but ultimately its worse than club level action and you wouldn't pay top dollar for that.

Cheers, Rodders

Even in comparison to other combat sports womens boxing is well behind. In Taekwondo and Judo the women are technically just as good as the men but in boxing the same can't be said.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:49 pm

Your all bonkers, womens boxing can be very good (katie Taylor, whilst having her faults is very good) although as with everything it will take time to get over properly (if quality keeps coming through) Not sure what you've been watching Rodders but the crowd hasn't gone dead for Katie in fact they've been rather racous.

Probably have a different view as I coach some of the girls and obviously my lil miss does it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:51 pm

Have to hand it to Hearn though.....He's got a good model and a loyal PPV audience and while one may question the thought of paying for certain promotions enough people do and if they are happy then fair enough..

I wouldn't turn down easy money.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 23 Mar 2017, 3:58 pm

I hate Rousey and the only time I got pleasure seeing a woman beat up, was watching her getting smacked about.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 25 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm

Abel Sanchez picking Kell Brook to beat Spence thinks this fight has come to soon for Spence thinks Spence is a great prospect though and will be one of the best welterweights in the world in five or six fights likening this fight to Terry Norris' fight with Julian Jackson which he felt came too soon for Norris as for women's boxing I'm all for equality if two women want to knock seven bells out of each other that's fine by me I worry about their reproductive organs a little bit but I guess time will tell let the people dance let the ladies box

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:40 pm

Brook packed on some muscle against GGG..Be a b**ch to come down to 147...If he had trouble making weight Pre-Golovkin I imagine it will be a huge slog this time....Coming off a comprehensive defeat with a suspect eye against a fighter with real talent and the confidence of being unbeaten..

I can see why Spence is favorite.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 28 Mar 2017, 9:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When Lewis v Tyson kicked off...Nevada took Tyson's licence away..

Chisora throws a table...Whyte makes death threats...

Hearn pays Chisora's paltry fine....Good business all round.

..P**s poor and who's Dad was it that called Haye v Chisora deplorable ??..

Now Warren who wasn't a fan of females fighting on his shows has signed Nicola Adams..

Boxing is becoming a joke.

Not paying for Brook v Spence...A guy with one decent win coming off a heavy defeat...against a relatively unknown prospect..

Hoping to get down to Sheffield for Brook vs Spence. Fights of that quality are rare in a British ring. Usually, if a world class fighter comes here, they fight overmatched opposition (Linares, Golovkin, Kovalev, Rigondeaux, Crawford etc.). This is probably the best quality match-up seen in Britain since, what, Froch vs Kessler?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:06 am

I'd possibly say Linares/Mitchell is in that category, he didn't fulfil his potential but he was class on his day and was doing something nobody else has and that's compete skill wise.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:08 am

The fight is seen by many as 50/50 and are two of the very best in the division. I would actually pick the winner to beat Thurman. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Spence will win a decision.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:26 am

Winner of this to fight Thurman in what would have to be the best fight in the welterweight division to establish the best welterweight in the world

Hopefully Manny might decide to fight the winner and teach the young upstart a lesson

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 28 Mar 2017, 11:08 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I'd possibly say Linares/Mitchell is in that category, he didn't fulfil his potential but he was class on his day and was doing something nobody else has and that's compete skill wise.

While Mitchell was brave, I think the Sky cheerleading team made out that he did better than he did in reality.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm

I think Mitchell Linares was a great fight, but that at the time it was last chance saloon for Mitchell and Linares was back as a belt holder but without having beaten much. His performance in that fight and in the crolla fights have upped Linares standing and deservedly so, he's always been great to watch.

Although spence is to some degree unproven at the top level, he's a highly rated contender and with good reason... for boxing fans who often complain we get soft defences and trumped up grudge fights for the casuals this is one to savour

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:44 pm

If Brook were to win and go on and beat Thurman, he would rank high in recent times for the UK.

Most of his opposition has been a bit lacklustre, but Porter, GGG and now Spence are big names. Looks like he is now looking to make a stamp on his career and make some big money.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:45 pm

I think Mitchell underachieved... Should of beaten the ordinary Katsidis...Don't know what he was doing against Burns but looked superb against Murray and Jorge..

In an age where Darren Barker can retire as a former ABC Champ this guy may feel he missed out.

Definitely rated him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:39 am

AdamT wrote:If Brook were to win and go on and beat Thurman, he would rank high in recent times for the UK.

Most of his opposition has been a bit lacklustre, but Porter, GGG and now Spence are big names. Looks like he is now looking to make a stamp on his career and make some big money.

Id say GGG is the only big name. Porter was a world champ, but had only beaten Maliganaggi before fighting Brook. Since gone on to scrape past Broner and a loss to Thurman.

GGG was a mismatch.

Spence is a talent and a name in the hardcore circle, but certainly not a big name if your comparing to Bradley, Marquez, Khan, Pacquiao, Garcia, Thurman etc.

Although this will be his toughest fight - taking into consideration his eye and dropping in weight. Will be a tough night but great win if he can pull it off.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next