Ulster 2016/2017

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:43 am

And it's been confirmed

Ulster Rugby has today announced that Jono Gibbes will join the Province as Head Coach ahead of the 2017/18 season, having signed a two-year contract.

  The former New Zealand player is currently Forwards Coach at French giants ASM Clermont Auvergne and he previously held a similar position at Leinster Rugby.

Gibbes joined Leinster in 2008, helping the squad to win three Heineken Cup titles during a six-year spell in Dublin. The first of those successes came under the stewardship of Michael Cheika in 2009, before he assisted Joe Schmidt in the 2011 and 2012 triumphs.

He moved to France in 2014 and was part of a coaching set-up that guided Clermont to the Top 14 and Champions Cup finals in his debut season.

In addition to his expertise in forward play, the 40-year-old has also gained valuable experience in coaching other aspects of the game, such as attack, during his stints at Leinster and Clermont.

Gibbes said that there were many contributing factors in his move back to Ireland:

"The respect that I have for Les (Kiss), as a coach and as a person, was one of my main reasons for making this decision. He really sold his vision of where he wants to take Ulster over the next few years.

"Ulster is a team that I know well, having come up against them on a number of occasions. The Clermont-Ulster games this season gave me an insight into the strengths of the squad and it's exciting to think that I'll be part of that environment from next season.

"With 6 years at Leinster and 3 years at Clermont in the Top 14, I've been afforded many different experiences, working with some very talented coaches and players. I hope to apply what I've learned to the role at Ulster and my family and I are looking forward to integrating into a strong community in Belfast."

Welcoming the news, Director of Rugby Les Kiss, added:

"Jono's CV speaks for itself and I know that he's looking forward to joining Ulster and working with the team. Jono has vast experience on both the playing and coaching fronts, having worked in many different environments such as Super Rugby, PRO12, the French Top 14 and European competitions.

"Since his retirement from playing, Jono has had an integral role in the coaching teams of two of European rugby's most successful sides. He was a key part of the Leinster set-up that won three Heineken Cups in four years and he has continued to be hugely successful during his time in France.

"Jono's expertise as a Forwards Coach is obvious, however his wealth of knowledge in other areas of the game will be really important for us."

"A review of the coaching structure is ongoing ahead of next season and the appointment of Jono as Head Coach is the first part of that process. A further announcement will be made in the coming weeks, which will focus on getting the right balance in our coaching team."

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:44 am

https://youtu.be/_-loJR1tWpk?t=34m27s

Clarke was in the box beside Kiss, theres someone else there too out of shot

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by rodders on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:51 am

Awesome news! ...Gibbes I mean, not Clarke being in the box...
avatar
rodders

Posts : 23809
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by geoff999rugby on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:54 am

Thanks Rodders for the link - maybe Clarke left in a huff after hearing the news Yahoo

geoff999rugby

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by geoff999rugby on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:56 am

"A review of the coaching structure is ongoing ahead of next season and the appointment of Jono as Head Coach is the first part of that process. A further announcement will be made in the coming weeks, which will focus on getting the right balance in our coaching team."

Says it all Clarke away as well and another announcement on the way - Thank God for that !!

geoff999rugby

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by rapidsnowman on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:29 am

"Ulster announce that ex-All Black Jono Gibbes will be their new head coach before the 2017-18 season, having signed a two-year contract."

Pasted from BBc rolling news link.

Am I being slow here? When does he start? Before the new season? What does that mean?


rapidsnowman

Posts : 370
Join date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:32 am

rapidsnowman wrote:"Ulster announce that ex-All Black Jono Gibbes will be their new head coach before the 2017-18 season, having signed a two-year contract."

Pasted from BBc rolling news link.

Am I being slow here? When does he start? Before the new season? What does that mean?


It means he'll be in position before the first game Whistle

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by toml on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:43 am

Jackpot, maybe our pack might cut the mustard soon

toml

Posts : 585
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Don Alfonso on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:47 am

Just hope Clarke and Doak don't dial it in for the rest if the season. Any more than they already are. We need top flightcEuro rugby next year.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2161
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 40
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by toml on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:50 am

We should put Clarke on Gardening leave. The invisible man would do a better job

toml

Posts : 585
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:50 am

Don Alfonso wrote:Just hope Clarke and Doak don't dial it in for the rest if the season. Any more than they already are. We need top flightcEuro rugby next year.

Challenge Cup is our best shot at silverware Run

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Redman on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:19 am

"A further announcement will be made in the coming weeks, which will focus on getting the right balance in our coaching team."

Reads as new backs coach incoming. Let the speculation begin.

Redman

Posts : 189
Join date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by brennomac on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:26 am

Fantastic news for you nordie boys. While Cheika got most of the credit for Leinster's renaissance from 2009 onwards, most people in Leinster believe that Gibbes deserved at least equal credit - for transforming an underperforming pack into a tough and mean pack able to take on anybody. And good news for Ulster that they were apparently beat off Connacht for him.

brennomac

Posts : 811
Join date : 2011-02-11
Location : Dublin 8 - that bastion or rugby

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:28 am

Redman wrote:"A further announcement will be made in the coming weeks, which will focus on getting the right balance in our coaching team."

Reads as new backs coach incoming.  Let the speculation begin.  

We need a new collisions coach too, maybe that'll be the new announcement and Doak stays Erm

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by geoff999rugby on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:29 am

Yep the new announcement will be a backs coach - Gibbs will be in charge of the forwards

geoff999rugby

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Redman on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:30 am

marty2086 wrote:
Redman wrote:"A further announcement will be made in the coming weeks, which will focus on getting the right balance in our coaching team."

Reads as new backs coach incoming.  Let the speculation begin.  

We need a new collisions coach too, maybe that'll be the new announcement and Doak stays Erm

vomit

Redman

Posts : 189
Join date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Redman on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:36 am

All joking aside I can't see Doak staying.

It's a demotion if he does, and if you're Jono you want assurances you've got relatively free reign to do your own thing.

Having the former Head Coach still there, with a history of being unable to work with other coaches (though I can believe that's more down to Clarke than Doak) isn't going be too appealing.

I'll get the ball rolling. Can't see it being anyone from Clermont, so maybe someone he knows from his Leinster days?

Redman

Posts : 189
Join date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:38 am

You thinking BOD will be coming in to try some coaching and attract a few players from Leinster with it?

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Redman on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:45 am

I know that's a topic on the other forum but I think he's far too happy being fawned over at ITV.

Am wondering if there's anyone else from that sort of era that Jon / Kiss could readily agree on. Or maybe someone Jono knows from his New Zealand days.

That said I can see D4, rightly in my opinion, say "Look, you've got an Aussie DoR and a New Zealand Head Coach, try and go Irish for at least some of your coaching staff."

Redman

Posts : 189
Join date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by SecretFly on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:46 am

marty2086 wrote:You thinking BOD will be coming in to try some coaching and attract a few players from Leinster with it?

Gibbes would be enough of an enticement if they were of a mind to be enticed.

But anyway, I want to hear three cheers for Nucifora! Come on. Nobody slouching in the background, I see you all!

Hip! Hip!

...................................

SecretFly

Posts : 25866
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by SecretFly on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:47 am

Redman wrote:I know that's a topic on the other forum but I think he's far too happy being fawned over at ITV.  

Am wondering if there's anyone else from that sort of era that Jon / Kiss could readily agree on.  Or maybe someone Jono knows from his New Zealand days.  

That said I can see D4, rightly in my opinion, say "Look, you've got an Aussie DoR and a New Zealand Head Coach, try and go Irish for at least some of your coaching staff."

Ronan O'Gara it is then.

SecretFly

Posts : 25866
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:48 am

On a serious note it's Kiss doing the appointing though Gibbes may well be having input and suggesting guys he works well with which will be a culture shock for Ulster

So it could well be someone one or both have worked with before or it could be someone new to the Ulster/Irish system

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by carpet baboon on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:03 pm

If we are looking at an Irish ex player who is well thought off and may encourage some boys to move north. Well what's Luke Fitz upto?
Or the munster fullback who's name I just can't remember

carpet baboon

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by SecretFly on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:05 pm

Felix?

SecretFly

Posts : 25866
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by carpet baboon on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:07 pm

That's him fly. Christ I couldn't remember a name like Jones. Clearly to much fun this weekend

carpet baboon

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by SecretFly on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:10 pm

Luke would over-coach over-running beyond the ball Wink

And Felix - well it's a cat's name and a fine one, he was as mad as a bag of them. Great desire and jinxy ways but I'm not sure Fitz's or Jones' ways are teachable on a blackboard Whistle

SecretFly

Posts : 25866
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by carpet baboon on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:Luke would over-coach over-running beyond the ball Wink

And Felix - well it's a cat's name and a fine one, he was as mad as a bag of them.  Great desire and jinxy ways but I'm not sure Fitz's or Jones' ways are teachable on a blackboard Whistle

True, but both young and if they want to go into coaching it wouldn't be a bad place to start

carpet baboon

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by carpet baboon on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:13 pm

Or cave as a player coach? He has the brains for it

carpet baboon

Posts : 1290
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:16 pm

Felix Jones is already on the Munster coaching staff as technical coach

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by SecretFly on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:23 pm

Yeah, he is. Those blackboards must look like Einstein's in the middle of a new theory.

SecretFly

Posts : 25866
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Munchkin on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:39 pm

Fantastic to have Gibbes confirmed, and hopefully equally good news about a backs coach will be announced shortly. Doubt very much that Doak will be staying.

Fair play to Kiss for getting his man.

Munchkin

Posts : 7412
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Kingshu on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:49 pm

Delighted that Gibbs is coming in. I hope for a Backs and Defence coach as well. Backs hopefully coming soon.

What annoys be is the transition, we have been in transition since 14/15 season.

Next year hopefully the the new coaching set up will will hit the ground running like Erasmus and Nienaber did, but I feel that we will have to give them a year (half a season at least) to bed in and get the team playing to their systems.

Which all points to the 18/19 season being the one were we have some consistently in the coaching department, with a well settled coaching team in place, but i think in that season we will have a changing of the guard in the squad as some of the old guard Best, Bowe, Trimble, Henry maybe Ludik, Diack, Payne near the end or finish their careers and possibly a changing of NIQ players as well.

Which mean we may have a settled coaching team, but an unsettled squad.


Kingshu

Posts : 3239
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Don Alfonso on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:51 pm

Ah folks. A Gibbes-coached Hendo...

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2161
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 40
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:56 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:Ah folks. A Gibbes-coached Hendo...

Drool

It'll be great to see what he can do with some of the forwards, imagine guys like McCall, Treadwell, AOC, along with the likes of Dow, Rea, Donnan, Simpson and McBurney all getting improved coaching

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by thebandwagonsociety on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

Gibbes is a great appointment. It's a bit of a coup to pick him up I'd say. I was really disappointed that Leinster lost him to Clermont. it will be curious to see his style for his team as he settles in, during his time at Leinster Cheika got the plaudits but Gibbes turned that pack from softy ladyboys into a feared bunch of tough forwards. His time in Clermont continued that reputation. Could a Ruddock or a Conan travel up the M1 in the summer of the back of a move like this, you'd think it might entice some of the lads that remember Jonno fondly.

Even more left field, any chance he could tease Parra or the likes of Rougerie to start their coaching experience up at Ravenhill?

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2215
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by SecretFly on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:09 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:

Even more left field, any chance he could tease Parra or the likes of Rougerie to start their coaching experience up at Ravenhill?

Good idea. I know there is a language barrier (even though that's true for the English, Irish and SH coaches/players that have gone over there) - but it's always puzzled me a little why French players/coaches don't drift the other way and come over here to try things out.

SecretFly

Posts : 25866
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by profitius on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 5:24 pm

Good signing!

Now all you need is a backs coach.
avatar
profitius

Posts : 3730
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Don Alfonso on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 7:17 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Don Alfonso wrote:Ah folks. A Gibbes-coached Hendo...

Drool

It'll be great to see what he can do with some of the forwards, imagine guys like McCall, Treadwell, AOC, along with the likes of Dow, Rea, Donnan, Simpson and McBurney all getting improved coaching

To my mind, Warwick, Herring and Diack have all gone backwards- hopefully this appointment breathes a bit of fresh life into them.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2161
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 40
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 7:24 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Don Alfonso wrote:Ah folks. A Gibbes-coached Hendo...

Drool

It'll be great to see what he can do with some of the forwards, imagine guys like McCall, Treadwell, AOC, along with the likes of Dow, Rea, Donnan, Simpson and McBurney all getting improved coaching

To my mind, Warwick, Herring and Diack have all gone backwards- hopefully this appointment breathes a bit of fresh life into them.

Quite a few have went backwards in my mind, Herbst being one of them. Herring has more stagnated for me and Diack has upped his levels since the win against Clermont, it looked to me he was the one calling the lineouts too on Friday night

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Sin é on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:27 pm

carpet baboon wrote:If we are looking at an Irish ex player who is well thought off and may encourage some boys to move north. Well what's Luke Fitz upto?
Or the munster fullback who's name I just can't remember

I see Isaac Boss was on Against the Head tonight. I thought he had gone back to NZ.


avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12933
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Munchkin on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:45 pm

Don't believe Boss will be our next backs coach Smile That said; don't have a clue who it is likely to be. It's more than possible that the next backs coach is already signed up, and waiting to go public at the end of season of the league he is involved in.


Munchkin

Posts : 7412
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:49 pm

Coetzee made 26 carries against Edinburgh, the most by an Ulster player since Opta started recording the data


marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Sin é on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:29 pm

Munchkin wrote:Don't believe Boss will be our next backs coach Smile That said;  don't have a clue who it is likely to be. It's more than possible that the next backs coach is already signed up, and waiting to go public at the end of season of the league he is involved in.


He was asked about Jono - says he knows him very well back in NZ (and obviously in Leinster as well). Think Jono captained his ITM team (Waikato). It seems odd that Boss is back in Ireland!

*He also said he is (paraphrase) 'a hard b*llics)!
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 12933
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Munchkin on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:18 am

Boss could be putting himself in the window, but I very much doubt he will be coming to Ulster. More chance of Pienaar as backs coach, and it's probably too early for him. More of an assistant to the backs coach, perhaps.

I've heard that Gibbs is a hard b*llocks, and that's exactly what this group of forwards need. They need to find a consistent hard edge.

We also need a defense coach, so I'm expecting more than one extra appointment in the coaching dept'.

Munchkin

Posts : 7412
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Don Alfonso on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:14 am

Has Boss not made his life here? Whenever he first signed for Leinster, he used to travel up to Belfast any weekend he could to continue to work with a team for kids with learning difficulties at Newforge. I certainly wouldn't take it as read that he moved back to NZ.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2161
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 40
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by toml on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:29 am

Don Alfonso wrote:Has Boss not made his life here? Whenever he first signed for Leinster, he used to travel up to Belfast any weekend he could to continue to work with a team for kids with learning difficulties at Newforge. I certainly wouldn't take it as read that he moved back to NZ.

He was playing NPC for Waitako last year

toml

Posts : 585
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by geoff999rugby on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:44 am

From the release it is clear we will have a completely new coaching set up and that under Kiss no one can survive.

Lets be clear Gibbs is, and by a country mile, the most qualified head coach we have appointed in the professional era.
I have gone on record here as saying that, for me, not one of our head coaches was good enough.
Some had abilities but also flaws (McLoughlin, Anscombe, Kiss, H. Williams), one got the post too early and was shamefully treated (McCall) and one was a total useless waste of space (M. Williams)

None of them come close to Gibbs in fitness for the job (although McCall has done brilliant well since)
Gibbs is a hard nosed individual, is a top forwards coach - just what we need.

I do not believe he would come here unless he runs the whole show and I would be very surprised if he doesn't sign up his own Defence and Backs coach.

Still confused how we can have Bryn Cunningham and a backseat DofR in Kiss.
Would not be surprised, if one, probably Kiss, leave after a year
There is not a roll for both in the new set up.

geoff999rugby

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Don Alfonso on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:54 am

toml wrote:
Don Alfonso wrote:Has Boss not made his life here? Whenever he first signed for Leinster, he used to travel up to Belfast any weekend he could to continue to work with a team for kids with learning difficulties at Newforge. I certainly wouldn't take it as read that he moved back to NZ.

He was playing NPC for Waitako last year

Ah, fair enough. Well, I'm glad he's still playing - deserves it. Even though he left us and went down to the dark Side, he was always one of the good guys.

Don Alfonso

Posts : 2161
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 40
Location : The 'Shaft

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:59 am

geoff999rugby wrote:From the release it is clear we will have a completely new coaching set up and that under Kiss no one can survive.

Lets be clear Gibbs is, and by a country mile, the most qualified head coach we have appointed in the professional era.
I have gone on record here as saying that, for me, not one of our head coaches was good enough.
Some had abilities but also flaws (McLoughlin, Anscombe, Kiss, H. Williams), one got the post too early and was shamefully treated (McCall) and one was a total useless waste of space (M. Williams)

None of them come close to Gibbs in fitness for the job (although McCall has done brilliant well since)
Gibbs is a hard nosed individual, is a top forwards coach - just what we need.

I do not believe he would come here unless he runs the whole show and I would be very surprised if he doesn't sign up his own Defence and Backs coach.

Still confused how we can have Bryn Cunningham and a backseat DofR in Kiss.
Would not be surprised, if one, probably Kiss, leave after a year
There is not a roll for both in the new set up.

Can't see Kiss being in charge of recruitment especially with Bryns experience.
Gibbes clearly said he's buying into Kiss' vision so maybe if Gibbes is taking greater control of the team it may mean Kiss' is taking on a wider scope in shaping the structures etc around the club

marty2086

Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 30
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by rodders on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:07 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
Lets be clear Gibbs is, and by a country mile, the most qualified head coach we have appointed in the professional era.

Ain't that the understatement! Smile

Is Doak definitely gone? Not buying the Issac Boss speculation, presumably if Doak goes it will be someone experienced as the IRFU had invested a lot in Doak.

I actually think it is a defense coach we are lacking now, our back play has been pretty decent, we've just leaked far too many points this year.
avatar
rodders

Posts : 23809
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum