Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

I understand that some players haven't had a break for a while, but still, either it's a must-win game (with a bonus point) or it isn't.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down


Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 1:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:There has not 'always been a problem with the playing surface'. When I first started supporting regularly and attending every game (so around 1997) the surface was absolutely fine the vast majority of the time. Stop with the wild generalisations. I've been on the pitch a number of times and recall it being lush and green. Got a picture of me and Rod Snow somewhere. His last game I think.

There you go again (2nd point highlighted above). Accusing us of not trying to fix it. In the past few years we've spent hundreds of thousands on drainage works (2 or 3 lots of it); we've moved the pitch 10 metres (as part of the new stand development); the surface has been improved with an FA grant; we've spent money on some machine to suck out water when there's a freak downpour. How is that not 'trying to fix it'? You wonder why you annoy so many people on here. The reason is your constant fake news, like some Daily mail reporter.

Fake news. Grow up. Rolling Eyes

Of course there will be times when the weather is not a problem. It's when it is a problem you need to be ready for it. Obviously the plebs running the show are again showing their ineptitude by doing everything bar fixing the problem. I have watched numerous games over the last 20+ years where the pitch has been like a swamp. It's just that 10+ years ago it was the norm. Now everybody else is moving on, and sorting out these issues, who ever is running things at RP seems to be doing everything yet not fixing it.

That sums up the whole set-up down there. Hopefully the WRU will get it right and stop the region embarrassing Welsh rugby even more than Howely is. We can all but dream.


Again, how have we not attempted to fix it?  Why do you constantly ignore what people have said and then keep peddling the same incorrect lines.  Attempts have been made.  Each year.  The issues, as described above, are wider than just RP.  Is Tony Brown meant to fix the drainage of the surrounding locality as well?!  You imply that they are doing nothing about it when that is absolute horse sh*te.  Not enough, perhaps.  But then that comes down to funding.  A new hybrid pitch will cost circa £1 million.  Add in the costs to sort out the drainage properly (not just the pitch drainage but the whole drainage system), because a new hybrid pitch won't be any use without improved drainage, and you're looking at a huge bill which, apparently, we can't afford.  I know you'll cite Merthyr and the new pitch there but we know a lot of that was funded from the Miner's charity, or whatever it's called.  There doesn't seem to be one in Gwent to tap into.  Kudos to Merthyr for getting it, and I've said that on numerous posts and mean it genuinely, but we know there's a lot more government support for 'stuff' up in the neck of the woods.

So for me I still stand by the development of the stand.  It's a lovely stand.  Not quite the same atmosphere as standing on the Hazell terrace (I moved over a few years back).  But it is a much more modern facility.  Proper toilets, proper concourse.  Bars and food. A decent club shop.  But also function rooms to generate income, which I know are very well used (not sure I'd have my wedding there mind Shocked ).  We now have the state of the art training facilities at Ystrad Mynach (so not all Newport based, you'll be pleased to hear) which we've been using for ALL dragons training (and playing at occasionally) for 2 years. So now that we have the stand and the training facilities to make it better for players and supporters, the next thing is the pitch.  If and when that is in place I believe it will help to attract players to us.


Last edited by Griff on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Griff

Posts : 7333
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 1:54 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:The problem has also be exacerbated by the building of houses on the river bank.

I supposed that does not help.

How come if this deluge is being created because the Hazell roof is the Welsh equivalent of the Hoover Dam? Make your mind up
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:There has not 'always been a problem with the playing surface'. When I first started supporting regularly and attending every game (so around 1997) the surface was absolutely fine the vast majority of the time. Stop with the wild generalisations. I've been on the pitch a number of times and recall it being lush and green. Got a picture of me and Rod Snow somewhere. His last game I think.

There you go again (2nd point highlighted above). Accusing us of not trying to fix it. In the past few years we've spent hundreds of thousands on drainage works (2 or 3 lots of it); we've moved the pitch 10 metres (as part of the new stand development); the surface has been improved with an FA grant; we've spent money on some machine to suck out water when there's a freak downpour. How is that not 'trying to fix it'? You wonder why you annoy so many people on here. The reason is your constant fake news, like some Daily mail reporter.

Fake news. Grow up. Rolling Eyes

Of course there will be times when the weather is not a problem. It's when it is a problem you need to be ready for it. Obviously the plebs running the show are again showing their ineptitude by doing everything bar fixing the problem. I have watched numerous games over the last 20+ years where the pitch has been like a swamp. It's just that 10+ years ago it was the norm. Now everybody else is moving on, and sorting out these issues, who ever is running things at RP seems to be doing everything yet not fixing it.

That sums up the whole set-up down there. Hopefully the WRU will get it right and stop the region embarrassing Welsh rugby even more than Howely is. We can all but dream.


Again, how have we not attempted to fix it?  Why do you constantly ignore what people have said and then keep peddling the same incorrect lines.  Attempts have been made.  Each year.  The issues, as described above, are wider than just RP.  Is Tony Brown meant to fix the drainage of the surrounding locality as well?!  You imply that they are doing nothing about it when that is absolute horse sh*te.  Not enough, perhaps.  But then that comes down to funding.  A new hybrid pitch will cost circa £1 million.  Add in the costs to sort out the drainage properly (not just the pitch drainage but the whole drainage system), because a new hybrid pitch won't be any use without improved drainage, and you're looking at a huge bill which, apparently, we can't afford.  I know you'll cite Merthyr and the new pitch there but we know a lot of that was funded from the Miner's charity, or whatever it's called.  There doesn't seem to be one in Gwent to tap into.  Kudos to Merthyr for getting it, and I've said that on numerous posts and mean it genuinely, but we know there's a lot more government support for 'stuff' up in the neck of the woods.

So for me I still stand by the development of the stand.  It's a lovely stand.  Not quite the same atmosphere as standing on the Hazell terrace (I moved over a few years back).  But it is a much more modern facility.  Proper toilets, proper concourse.  Bars and food. A decent club shop.  But also function rooms to generate income, which I know are very well used (not sure I'd have my wedding there mind Shocked ).  We now have the state of the art training facilities at Ystrad Mynach (so not all Newport based, you'll be pleased to hear) which we've been using for ALL dragons training (and playing at occasionally) for 2 years. So now that we have the stand and the training facilities to make it better for players and supporters, the next thing is the pitch.  If and when that is in place I believe it will help to attract players to us.


Well enough money was found to re-build the nice and shiny Bisley stand. They got their priorities wrong there. Why did you need that stand ? It's not as if RP was being sold out left right and center. The money spent on that stand should have been used to put a hybrid pitch down.

LordDowlais

Posts : 11496
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

Because its used for other non rugby related events to generate extra income ? Christ you are dense...
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 3:23 pm

munkian wrote:Because its used for other non rugby related events to generate extra income ? Christ you are dense...

And to think only the other day he was banging on about how important generating revenue on non match days was.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 3:24 pm

With all the valid ammunition at his disposal how does he manage to be so awful at criticising the Dragons ? Shocked
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 3:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:There has not 'always been a problem with the playing surface'. When I first started supporting regularly and attending every game (so around 1997) the surface was absolutely fine the vast majority of the time. Stop with the wild generalisations. I've been on the pitch a number of times and recall it being lush and green. Got a picture of me and Rod Snow somewhere. His last game I think.

There you go again (2nd point highlighted above). Accusing us of not trying to fix it. In the past few years we've spent hundreds of thousands on drainage works (2 or 3 lots of it); we've moved the pitch 10 metres (as part of the new stand development); the surface has been improved with an FA grant; we've spent money on some machine to suck out water when there's a freak downpour. How is that not 'trying to fix it'? You wonder why you annoy so many people on here. The reason is your constant fake news, like some Daily mail reporter.

Fake news. Grow up. Rolling Eyes

Of course there will be times when the weather is not a problem. It's when it is a problem you need to be ready for it. Obviously the plebs running the show are again showing their ineptitude by doing everything bar fixing the problem. I have watched numerous games over the last 20+ years where the pitch has been like a swamp. It's just that 10+ years ago it was the norm. Now everybody else is moving on, and sorting out these issues, who ever is running things at RP seems to be doing everything yet not fixing it.

That sums up the whole set-up down there. Hopefully the WRU will get it right and stop the region embarrassing Welsh rugby even more than Howely is. We can all but dream.


Again, how have we not attempted to fix it?  Why do you constantly ignore what people have said and then keep peddling the same incorrect lines.  Attempts have been made.  Each year.  The issues, as described above, are wider than just RP.  Is Tony Brown meant to fix the drainage of the surrounding locality as well?!  You imply that they are doing nothing about it when that is absolute horse sh*te.  Not enough, perhaps.  But then that comes down to funding.  A new hybrid pitch will cost circa £1 million.  Add in the costs to sort out the drainage properly (not just the pitch drainage but the whole drainage system), because a new hybrid pitch won't be any use without improved drainage, and you're looking at a huge bill which, apparently, we can't afford.  I know you'll cite Merthyr and the new pitch there but we know a lot of that was funded from the Miner's charity, or whatever it's called.  There doesn't seem to be one in Gwent to tap into.  Kudos to Merthyr for getting it, and I've said that on numerous posts and mean it genuinely, but we know there's a lot more government support for 'stuff' up in the neck of the woods.

So for me I still stand by the development of the stand.  It's a lovely stand.  Not quite the same atmosphere as standing on the Hazell terrace (I moved over a few years back).  But it is a much more modern facility.  Proper toilets, proper concourse.  Bars and food. A decent club shop.  But also function rooms to generate income, which I know are very well used (not sure I'd have my wedding there mind Shocked ).  We now have the state of the art training facilities at Ystrad Mynach (so not all Newport based, you'll be pleased to hear) which we've been using for ALL dragons training (and playing at occasionally) for 2 years. So now that we have the stand and the training facilities to make it better for players and supporters, the next thing is the pitch.  If and when that is in place I believe it will help to attract players to us.


Well enough money was found to re-build the nice and shiny Bisley stand. They got their priorities wrong there. Why did you need that stand ? It's not as if RP was being sold out left right and center. The money spent on that stand should have been used to put a hybrid pitch down.

Like I've already said, the pitch problems were far less when the stadium development was started. The big problems have only been in the last couple of years AFTER the stand was built.

Griff

Posts : 7333
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 3:48 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
munkian wrote:Because its used for other non rugby related events to generate extra income ? Christ you are dense...

And to think only the other day he was banging on about how important generating revenue on non match days was.

I believe he referred to it as 'no ambition'. I can guarantee that if the pitch had been improved at the time but the dilapidated stand had been untouched he'd be complaining about a lack of ambition at improving the ground.

Griff

Posts : 7333
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:12 pm

munkian wrote:With all the valid ammunition at his disposal how does he manage to be so awful at criticising the Dragons ? Shocked

You see, this is where you are all wrong. I am not criticing NGD, it's not the fans fault. Do you honestly think I want this blight on Welsh rugby ? No. I am totally against the people running the show in Gwent. I think they are full of their own importance and are happy to let the region rot, without a second thought for the loyal fans who spend their hard earned money every week, and they only care about their own status within Welsh rugby. Like the Bryn Cartright character out of Twin Town.

Total sh!t management from the top down, inept, and no idea.

LordDowlais

Posts : 11496
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm

Griff wrote:I believe he referred to it as 'no ambition'. I can guarantee that if the pitch had been improved at the time but the dilapidated stand had been untouched he'd be complaining about a lack of ambition at improving the ground.

No I wouldn't. But do not let that spoil your agenda about me. Rolling Eyes


LordDowlais

Posts : 11496
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:46 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:With all the valid ammunition at his disposal how does he manage to be so awful at criticising the Dragons ? Shocked

You see, this is where you are all wrong. I am not criticing NGD, it's not the fans fault. Do you honestly think I want this blight on Welsh rugby ? No. I am totally against the people running the show in Gwent.  I think they are full of their own importance and are happy to let the region rot, without a second thought for the loyal fans who spend their hard earned money every week, and they only care about their own status within Welsh rugby. Like the Bryn Cartright character out of Twin Town.

Total sh!t management from the top down, inept, and no idea.

Correct about the management, but are you seriously this daft?! You need to go back and read your posts about the Dragons on here since the Sale away game (Dec 2015 I believe). You've even made disparaging remarks recently so to then post this must be WUMMING - and you're no good at that either.


Last edited by mikey_dragon on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6513
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:47 pm

munkian wrote:With all the valid ammunition at his disposal how does he manage to be so awful at criticising the Dragons ? Shocked

Like it was once said; Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6513
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:You've even made disparaging remarks recently so to then post this must be WUMMING

And where is the evidence to back this up ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 11496
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:03 pm

One-two pages previous. So dense Rolling Eyes.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6513
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 8:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote: And where is the evidence to back this up ?

Here:
LordDowlais wrote:Never mind. You will still have a region to support. It will just be in the Welsh capital and your team will be wearing blue, or pink.  

LordDowlais wrote:Dragons do not deserve extra funding, they show nothing in terms of offering something back other than the odd player for team Wales.
(in response to Development Region) Sadly, at the moment, this is the only future for pro rugby in Newport.

There we have it. On top of this you keep posting utter BS and putting it on repeat even after numerous people explain it to you more than once. I believe this is what lead Risca to coin the phrase "Eat. Sleep. Regurgitate. Repeat."  laughing Catchy.

After recently contradicting yourself you actually had the audacity to ask someone to stop making it look like you keep contradicting yourself laughing. Obviously you don't care about being ridiculed for your on-going ignorance, that's why your still posting here.

Stone Motif wrote:..go crying to the mods like the last time you jumped in the deep end  

Well said Stone.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6513
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Steffan on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 9:39 pm

I doubt the WRU will shut the Dragons down if they do a takeover. Not sure what plans they have though

Steffan

Posts : 7574
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:49 am

Steffan wrote:I doubt the WRU will shut the Dragons down if they do a takeover. Not sure what plans they have though

That can only happen if they intend a long lease and control of the ground.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:28 am

What about them taking over Kerdiff Blues ?
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:56 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote: And where is the evidence to back this up ?

Here:
LordDowlais wrote:Never mind. You will still have a region to support. It will just be in the Welsh capital and your team will be wearing blue, or pink.  

LordDowlais wrote:Dragons do not deserve extra funding, they show nothing in terms of offering something back other than the odd player for team Wales.
(in response to Development Region) Sadly, at the moment, this is the only future for pro rugby in Newport.

There we have it. On top of this you keep posting utter BS and putting it on repeat even after numerous people explain it to you more than once. I believe this is what lead Risca to coin the phrase "Eat. Sleep. Regurgitate. Repeat."  laughing Catchy.

After recently contradicting yourself you actually had the audacity to ask someone to stop making it look like you keep contradicting yourself laughing. Obviously you don't care about being ridiculed for your on-going ignorance, that's why your still posting here.

Stone Motif wrote:..go crying to the mods like the last time you jumped in the deep end  

Well said Stone.

Nothing I have typed there is disparaging, you need to go and learn your English.

LordDowlais

Posts : 11496
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

Zane Kirchner to NGD Shocked
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

munkian wrote:Zane Kirchner to NGD Shocked

Down with this lack of ambition. I predict a 'spanking money on past it foreigners whilst letting the likes of Welsh Qualified Tom Prydie go' steaming pile at some point today
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 11:29 am

Well he isn't getting any younger, there's no denying that.

I don't know how I feel about it. I've never thought much of Prydie so Kirchner can't do any worse, but I'm worried he might do a Lee Byrne (I can't think of a more sensitive way of putting it, I'm supposed to be working).

Might this signing be an indication that the players (or potential new recruits) know something about 'the takeover' that we don't?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 11:30 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Well he isn't getting any younger, there's no denying that.

I don't know how I feel about it. I've never thought much of Prydie so Kirchner can't do any worse, but I'm worried he might do a Lee Byrne (I can't think of a more sensitive way of putting it, I'm supposed to be working).

Might this signing be an indication that the players (or potential new recruits) know something about 'the takeover' that we don't?

Other forums suggesting the WRU are making us spend up to the salary cap - hence some extra budget ?
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by GavinDragon on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:16 pm

I am ambivalent about this signing.

He is the wrong side of 30 for me, but Leinster supporters on Twitter say he is going well. Much better than Prydie however. So I suppose an upgrade in terms of squad strength

GavinDragon

Posts : 2574
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 31
Location : Monmouthshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:31 pm

I thought Kirchener was having a few problems in D4? But he's a name and so in a sense it's a positive. At the minute I still feel that without better coaching, we could have fifteen All Blacks and we'd still be screwed. Personally, I'd sooner keep Crosswell (if the NWQ rumour is true).

RiscaGame

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:36 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I thought Kirchener was having a few problems in D4? But he's a name and so in a sense it's a positive. At the minute I still feel that without better coaching, we could have fifteen All Blacks and we'd still be screwed. Personally, I'd sooner keep Crosswell (if the NWQ rumour is true).

Whats that then ?
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

That Crosswell is being released, because they want an NWQ slot freed up.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

I don't know how this fits in with moving Amos to fifteen either.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote: And where is the evidence to back this up ?

Here:
LordDowlais wrote:Never mind. You will still have a region to support. It will just be in the Welsh capital and your team will be wearing blue, or pink.  

LordDowlais wrote:Dragons do not deserve extra funding, they show nothing in terms of offering something back other than the odd player for team Wales.
(in response to Development Region) Sadly, at the moment, this is the only future for pro rugby in Newport.

There we have it. On top of this you keep posting utter BS and putting it on repeat even after numerous people explain it to you more than once. I believe this is what lead Risca to coin the phrase "Eat. Sleep. Regurgitate. Repeat."  laughing Catchy.

After recently contradicting yourself you actually had the audacity to ask someone to stop making it look like you keep contradicting yourself laughing. Obviously you don't care about being ridiculed for your on-going ignorance, that's why your still posting here.

Stone Motif wrote:..go crying to the mods like the last time you jumped in the deep end  

Well said Stone.

Nothing I have typed there is disparaging, you need to go and learn your English.

You're even denser than we though. Just get your personal issues off of this thread you waste of space.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6513
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 5:08 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I don't know how this fits in with moving Amos to fifteen either.

I guess they're planning for when Amos is away with Wales.

We've missed him so badly this season.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

Undoubtedly. I guess he might play centre a lot for us, if we are at full strength

RiscaGame

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:33 pm

Keeping "Cardiff", but ditching "Newport"? Is that right?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6313
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Steffan on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 9:34 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Keeping "Cardiff", but ditching "Newport"? Is that right?
The names or the pro teams?

Steffan

Posts : 7574
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 8:22 am

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Keeping "Cardiff", but ditching "Newport"? Is that right?
The names or the pro teams?

Good question.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6313
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 8:32 am

RiscaGame wrote:That Crosswell is being released, because they want an NWQ slot freed up.

Ah, got ya.

avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

Seems like Sarel is off too, in my opinion.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Seems like Sarel is off too, in my opinion.

Ridiculous if true.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 1:22 pm

munkian wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Seems like Sarel is off too, in my opinion.

Ridiculous if true.

Why? He's hardly a controlling influence, far better than the other options though he may be. Letting Jonny Evans go was the thickest decision we've made in recent times, as much as I hate agreeing with Lord Andy.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 9:13 am

Stone Motif wrote:
munkian wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Seems like Sarel is off too, in my opinion.

Ridiculous if true.

Why? He's hardly a controlling influence, far better than the other options though he may be. Letting Jonny Evans go was the thickest decision we've made in recent times, as much as I hate agreeing with Lord Andy.

Did we really let Jonny Evans go though? We tabled an offer but he turned it down because Bath had turned his head, and his old coach was there dangling a contract on a stick (Darren Edwards). If we'd let him go I don't think we would have bothered offering a contract. I guess we could have offered more money, but again could we have matched Bath? Who knows.

Griff

Posts : 7333
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:27 am

I'd like to think it was his decision rather than the Dragons', but then again we thought it was a good idea to sell Dan Evans. Rolling Eyes

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:12 am

An extra £25,000 would have kept Faletau as well. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Posts : 11496
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:02 pm

avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

LordDowlais wrote:An extra £25,000 would have kept Faletau as well. Rolling Eyes

That's about as factual as your contribution to the source of the drainage problems Andy.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:27 pm

avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by LordDowlais on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:35 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:An extra £25,000 would have kept Faletau as well. Rolling Eyes

That's about as factual as your contribution to the source of the drainage problems Andy.

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/an-extra-25k-would-have-kept-toby-faletau-in-wales/

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/featured-post/24685/just-25k-would-have-stopped-bath-signing-taulupe-faletau/

There are just two links for you, along with a lot of others you can find on the WWW.


LordDowlais

Posts : 11496
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:44 pm

We wanted to sell Faletau. The WRU's bungling meant we didn't get a penny for him.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22211
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:47 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:We wanted to sell Faletau. The WRU's bungling meant we didn't get a penny for him.

Yupp.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7430
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 8:43 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:An extra £25,000 would have kept Faletau as well. Rolling Eyes

That's about as factual as your contribution to the source of the drainage problems Andy.

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/an-extra-25k-would-have-kept-toby-faletau-in-wales/

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/featured-post/24685/just-25k-would-have-stopped-bath-signing-taulupe-faletau/

There are just two links for you, along with a lot of others you can find on the WWW.


Nice try Andy.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2320
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Steffan on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:45 pm

Who's Andy just out of interest?

Steffan

Posts : 7574
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 2:11 pm

Steffan wrote:Who's Andy just out of interest?

Dodger's poodle, mun.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6313
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum