Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

I understand that some players haven't had a break for a while, but still, either it's a must-win game (with a bonus point) or it isn't.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22027
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down


Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Griff wrote:Kaspas IS the Pill Weatherspoons, now!

I don't go there (to The Talisman). I went there once. Actually if memory serves if was back in my youth where we went out to town, drank through the night at a mates house, and then followed on to the Sunday into town. Probably playing 'Good pub, bad pub' or something similar. Not a good look.

No it isn't. Spoons is on corner of Palmyra Place Kaspas is on Hill St Rolling Eyes
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Really... you go there? That pub makes The Greyhound look like the Garden of Eden. I heard the Pill-end Wetherspoons was up for sale but didn't realise they'd closed it. IMO it's a decent looking pub but happens to be at the 'wrong end'of town. There are two new dessert places nearby. One is an SME and the other is Kaspas.

On the subject of the 'wrong end' of town, have you been opposite the police station and seen how much nicer the whole square is looking?

Loads going on down that end now, two big planning consents granted as well, one to Pobl for a 38 unit housing complex and one to Queens berry to redevelop Emlyn Walk.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Griff wrote:Kaspas IS the Pill Weatherspoons, now!

I don't go there (to The Talisman). I went there once. Actually if memory serves if was back in my youth where we went out to town, drank through the night at a mates house, and then followed on to the Sunday into town. Probably playing 'Good pub, bad pub' or something similar. Not a good look.

I thought it was closer to Primark, next door even? I haven't been I just remember seeing a "coming soon" banner.

On that note, why don't you step into Courtyard? You'll be amazed.


Last edited by mikey_dragon on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6340
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Griff wrote:Kaspas IS the Pill Weatherspoons, now!

I don't go there (to The Talisman). I went there once. Actually if memory serves if was back in my youth where we went out to town, drank through the night at a mates house, and then followed on to the Sunday into town. Probably playing 'Good pub, bad pub' or something similar. Not a good look.

No it isn't. Spoons is on corner of Palmyra Place Kaspas is on Hill St Rolling Eyes

Really? My bad. Just noticed that Kaspas place was new and assumed it had replaced spoons. A long time since I'd had the need to go down that end of town.

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:51 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Really... you go there? That pub makes The Greyhound look like the Garden of Eden. I heard the Pill-end Wetherspoons was up for sale but didn't realise they'd closed it. IMO it's a decent looking pub but happens to be at the 'wrong end'of town. There are two new dessert places nearby. One is an SME and the other is Kaspas.

On the subject of the 'wrong end' of town, have you been opposite the police station and seen how much nicer the whole square is looking?

Loads going on down that end now, two big planning consents granted as well, one to Pobl for a 38 unit housing complex and one to Queens berry to redevelop Emlyn Walk.

It's looking great compared to what it had been. Every unit is a shop and the pubs on each corner are also looking good after their refurbishment.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6340
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Griff wrote:Kaspas IS the Pill Weatherspoons, now!

I don't go there (to The Talisman). I went there once. Actually if memory serves if was back in my youth where we went out to town, drank through the night at a mates house, and then followed on to the Sunday into town. Probably playing 'Good pub, bad pub' or something similar. Not a good look.

I thought it was closer to Primark, next door even? I haven't been I just remember seeing a "coming soon" banner.

On that note, why don't you step into Courtyard? You'll be amazed.

I have been to courtyard! A number of times. I like the quirkiness of the whole joined up thing with the bars and clubs, where you can go in one, go upstairs, and come out downstairs in a bar a few doors down the street. But I'm in my 40th year and those sort of places are fast becoming not my cup of tea. I've even started drinking real ale in the last few years  Shocked Just to add that I used to frequent the Cotton Club years back so it's sort of odd to go back in it's current form.

Kaspas is definitely on the corner. Saw it on Thurs. I just got the wrong corner.

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Griff wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Griff wrote:Kaspas IS the Pill Weatherspoons, now!

I don't go there (to The Talisman). I went there once. Actually if memory serves if was back in my youth where we went out to town, drank through the night at a mates house, and then followed on to the Sunday into town. Probably playing 'Good pub, bad pub' or something similar. Not a good look.

I thought it was closer to Primark, next door even? I haven't been I just remember seeing a "coming soon" banner.

On that note, why don't you step into Courtyard? You'll be amazed.

I have been to courtyard! A number of times. I like the quirkiness of the whole joined up thing with the bars and clubs, where you can go in one, go upstairs, and come out downstairs in a bar a few doors down the street. But I'm in my 40th year and those sort of places are fast becoming not my cup of tea. I've even started drinking real ale in the last few years  Shocked Just to add that I used to frequent the Cotton Club years back so it's sort of odd to go back in it's current form.

Kaspas is definitely on the corner. Saw it on Thurs. I just got the wrong corner.

I know the feeling.
Many times I entered the City Arms in Cardiff, only to exit the Old Arcade several hours later. Weird.


Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Some interesting comments and the 2006 letter to Dodger surprised me.....

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/15234946.Chief_executive_Davies__I__39_ll_champion_Gwent_future_for_Dragons_if_WRU_deal_bites_dust_and_Rodney_Parade_is_lost/?ref=twtrec

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Griff wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Griff wrote:Kaspas IS the Pill Weatherspoons, now!

I don't go there (to The Talisman). I went there once. Actually if memory serves if was back in my youth where we went out to town, drank through the night at a mates house, and then followed on to the Sunday into town. Probably playing 'Good pub, bad pub' or something similar. Not a good look.

I thought it was closer to Primark, next door even? I haven't been I just remember seeing a "coming soon" banner.

On that note, why don't you step into Courtyard? You'll be amazed.

I have been to courtyard! A number of times. I like the quirkiness of the whole joined up thing with the bars and clubs, where you can go in one, go upstairs, and come out downstairs in a bar a few doors down the street. But I'm in my 40th year and those sort of places are fast becoming not my cup of tea. I've even started drinking real ale in the last few years  Shocked Just to add that I used to frequent the Cotton Club years back so it's sort of odd to go back in it's current form.

Kaspas is definitely on the corner. Saw it on Thurs. I just got the wrong corner.

Forget the Courtyard, Rooty's is the place to go for cheap date, absolutely nuclear cocktails, I don't think they understand the measures
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Some interesting comments and the 2006 letter to Dodger surprised me.....

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/15234946.Chief_executive_Davies__I__39_ll_champion_Gwent_future_for_Dragons_if_WRU_deal_bites_dust_and_Rodney_Parade_is_lost/?ref=twtrec

To busy sharpening his saw to reply no doubt, the piece of human excrement
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Ketyard is ok for town. Best time to go there is during the day for £2 a pint or so

RiscaGame

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:44 am

RiscaGame wrote:Ketyard

Laugh
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 am

The biggest disappointment for me was that gin bar. Was expecting some sort of low-lit, smoky, loads of neon, gentleman's type club. But it's just like a Weatherspoons with an extra bottle or two of Gordon's!

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by mikey_dragon on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:39 am

Hogarths is pretty much wetherspoons with a slight upgrade. Half of the spoons old crowd have been in there since it opened by the look of it.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6340
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:29 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Hogarths is pretty much wetherspoons with a slight upgrade. Half of the spoons old crowd have been in there since it opened by the look of it.

Indeed. My old man, an aficionado of the John Wallace Linton, and his pals know this gin palace as Hogwarts
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Some interesting comments and the 2006 letter to Dodger surprised me.....

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/15234946.Chief_executive_Davies__I__39_ll_champion_Gwent_future_for_Dragons_if_WRU_deal_bites_dust_and_Rodney_Parade_is_lost/?ref=twtrec

To busy sharpening his saw to reply no doubt, the piece of human excrement

New Dodger at Dave tomorrow for a massive meeting, I see. Wonder if he'll do a Kananga.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Typical Welsh media article yur.....

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/15241406.Chief_executive_Davies__Dragons_have_bared_our_souls_to_show_why_WRU_deal_is_best_option/?ref=twtrec

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:17 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Some interesting comments and the 2006 letter to Dodger surprised me.....

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/15234946.Chief_executive_Davies__I__39_ll_champion_Gwent_future_for_Dragons_if_WRU_deal_bites_dust_and_Rodney_Parade_is_lost/?ref=twtrec

To busy sharpening his saw to reply no doubt, the piece of human excrement

New Dodger at Dave tomorrow for a massive meeting, I see. Wonder if he'll do a Kananga.

Live and Let Die, doh!
No pun intended. Appropriate though I spose.
Read a few tweets from those present at last night's bash. If I was a money grabbing, B&AB I guess i'd be voting no too. Like a 14 year train wreck and still going, just! Incredible. Concerns raised during that time, but seemingly ignored.


Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:20 am

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:I thought this bit of the document was interesting. Newport RFC to get use of RP for 10 years,

On condition that pro rugby is based at Dave though isn't it?

Yes, of course.  No pro rugby (i.e. Dragons) then no deal.  The document said that if they vote Yes to the WRU deal then a load of debts are written off, Newport RFC get £600,000, a load of debt is put into NRFC shares too, etc.  However, if it's 'No' the document says that Brown and Hazell will not be writing any debt off and will be looking to claim as much back as possible by selling all assets (the receivers will do this bit) leaving f*** all left.

Aye, but following a yes vote the 10 years stated aint guaranteed though is it? That's what I was getting at, since the WRU could decide to take their pro team elsewhere at any time during those 10 years.

Doesn't say it's conditional on pro rugby being there. Just says they'll make it available for NRFC home games for free for 10 years, and then probably charge them afterwards.

Yur....

"Newport RFC EGM Circular

"As part of the sale, we have managed to negotiate a licence back to the Company which will see Newport RFC continue to have the right to play at Rodney Parade for so long as it is the home of professional rugby in the Region."

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/Newport%20RFC%20EGM%20Circular%20final%20execution%20version%2012%2004%2017%20sig.pdf

Seems to be conflicting messages in the two documents!

Clearer now after last night's meeting?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:56 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:I thought this bit of the document was interesting. Newport RFC to get use of RP for 10 years,

On condition that pro rugby is based at Dave though isn't it?

Yes, of course.  No pro rugby (i.e. Dragons) then no deal.  The document said that if they vote Yes to the WRU deal then a load of debts are written off, Newport RFC get £600,000, a load of debt is put into NRFC shares too, etc.  However, if it's 'No' the document says that Brown and Hazell will not be writing any debt off and will be looking to claim as much back as possible by selling all assets (the receivers will do this bit) leaving f*** all left.

Aye, but following a yes vote the 10 years stated aint guaranteed though is it? That's what I was getting at, since the WRU could decide to take their pro team elsewhere at any time during those 10 years.

Doesn't say it's conditional on pro rugby being there. Just says they'll make it available for NRFC home games for free for 10 years, and then probably charge them afterwards.

Yur....

"Newport RFC EGM Circular

"As part of the sale, we have managed to negotiate a licence back to the Company which will see Newport RFC continue to have the right to play at Rodney Parade for so long as it is the home of professional rugby in the Region."

http://rugbysites.srcdn.co.uk/Uploads/Dragons/2016.17%20Season/Newport%20RFC%20EGM%20Circular%20final%20execution%20version%2012%2004%2017%20sig.pdf

Seems to be conflicting messages in the two documents!

Clearer now after last night's meeting?

No idea, wasn't there.

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Clearer now after last night's meeting?

No idea, wasn't there.

Nor me.
Could be a BOGOF deal - buy Dave and get CAP for nowt.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm

And then RGC would play at the Arms Park. Have I got that right?

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22027
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:And then RGC would play at the Arms Park. Have I got that right?

No Merthyr
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:And then RGC would play at the Arms Park. Have I got that right?

Don't be daft.
CAP will be rented flats and empty office space, a mile feckin' high. Can't have enough, mun.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:42 am

munkian wrote:
Frigging in the rigging

Which reminds me, how's the vote going? Yurd the ayes are ahead, so far. Early days though.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Frigging in the rigging

Which reminds me, how's the vote going? Yurd the ayes are ahead, so far. Early days though.

I'm fully expecting a 'no' vote. I'm only basing this on the Argus comments mind, so maybe not a great measure. But everyone on there that says they have a vote seems to be voting 'no' to the WRU buyout. Some of their reasons are fair enough (e.g. no certainty on future even if the WRU do take over), but other reasons are not well thought through (e.g. "If we vote no we'll still have our main asset - i.e. Rodney Parade" - no that will be sold straight away by the receivers to pay off debts to the bank and investors). Haven't seen many/any on there who claim to be shareholders who say they're going to vote 'Yes'.

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 am

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Frigging in the rigging

Which reminds me, how's the vote going? Yurd the ayes are ahead, so far. Early days though.

I'm fully expecting a 'no' vote.  I'm only basing this on the Argus comments mind, so maybe not a great measure.  But everyone on there that says they have a vote seems to be voting 'no' to the WRU buyout.  Some of their reasons are fair enough (e.g. no certainty on future even if the WRU do take over), but other reasons are not well thought through (e.g. "If we vote no we'll still have our main asset - i.e. Rodney Parade" - no that will be sold straight away by the receivers to pay off debts to the bank and investors).  Haven't seen many/any on there who claim to be shareholders who say they're going to vote 'Yes'.

Vocal mouthbreathers are vocal - I wouldn't take too much heed of them.

There has got to be more pragmatic people out there than a bunch of black and amber 50 somethings with a tear in the jap's eye
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 am

munkian wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Frigging in the rigging

Which reminds me, how's the vote going? Yurd the ayes are ahead, so far. Early days though.

I'm fully expecting a 'no' vote.  I'm only basing this on the Argus comments mind, so maybe not a great measure.  But everyone on there that says they have a vote seems to be voting 'no' to the WRU buyout.  Some of their reasons are fair enough (e.g. no certainty on future even if the WRU do take over), but other reasons are not well thought through (e.g. "If we vote no we'll still have our main asset - i.e. Rodney Parade" - no that will be sold straight away by the receivers to pay off debts to the bank and investors).  Haven't seen many/any on there who claim to be shareholders who say they're going to vote 'Yes'.

Vocal mouthbreathers are vocal - I wouldn't take too much heed of them.

There has got to be more pragmatic people out there than a bunch of black and amber 50 somethings with a tear in the jap's eye

Haha! Yes, I hope you're right. It's almost a no win situation if you're only a NRFC fan so I can see the predicament. I guess they're voting for really bad (No vote) or less bad (yes vote). Just hoping there's a lot of Newport AND Dragons fans among the shareholders.

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 am

A Lot can happen in 3 years. Its a much better option.
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by munkian on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Good luck to the Dragons against a full team of almost Lions Wink
avatar
munkian

Posts : 7242
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 36
Location : Bristol/The Port

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:08 am

munkian wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Frigging in the rigging

Which reminds me, how's the vote going? Yurd the ayes are ahead, so far. Early days though.

I'm fully expecting a 'no' vote.  I'm only basing this on the Argus comments mind, so maybe not a great measure.  But everyone on there that says they have a vote seems to be voting 'no' to the WRU buyout.  Some of their reasons are fair enough (e.g. no certainty on future even if the WRU do take over), but other reasons are not well thought through (e.g. "If we vote no we'll still have our main asset - i.e. Rodney Parade" - no that will be sold straight away by the receivers to pay off debts to the bank and investors).  Haven't seen many/any on there who claim to be shareholders who say they're going to vote 'Yes'.

Vocal mouthbreathers are vocal - I wouldn't take too much heed of them.

There has got to be more pragmatic people out there than a bunch of black and amber 50 somethings with a tear in the jap's eye

Oh dear.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 am

munkian wrote:A Lot can happen in 3 years.  Its a much better option.

What d'you reckon will happen?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:01 am

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
munkian wrote:
Frigging in the rigging

Which reminds me, how's the vote going? Yurd the ayes are ahead, so far. Early days though.

I'm fully expecting a 'no' vote.  I'm only basing this on the Argus comments mind, so maybe not a great measure.  But everyone on there that says they have a vote seems to be voting 'no' to the WRU buyout.  Some of their reasons are fair enough (e.g. no certainty on future even if the WRU do take over), but other reasons are not well thought through (e.g. "If we vote no we'll still have our main asset - i.e. Rodney Parade" - no that will be sold straight away by the receivers to pay off debts to the bank and investors).  Haven't seen many/any on there who claim to be shareholders who say they're going to vote 'Yes'.

Aye and some the Argus comments are quite informative or at least intriguing. Stuff you would never read about in the press. 6 or 7 years without an AGM, is that true? Twitter as welll. Think there was a Drags director chopsing a couple of weeks ago. And that ex Argus bloke. Amazing.
Omnishambles aint the word.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 am

Cardiff bloos up next apparently for the great takeover challenge, in some shape or form. Should be fun.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 am

I find it somewhat disappointing that a 6000 capacity stadium hasn't sold out yet for a Blouse game.

That said, I'm only going to Caerfilthy for the novelty, as I expect the result to be unfavourable again.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:32 am

I have a vague memory of watching Caerphilly v Newport there around 2001. Seem to remember the club house being half decent. Maybe it was new at the time?

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:55 am

I've only seen Virginia Park from the mountain. Hope that green on their stands doesn't burn my retinas.

RiscaGame

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:49 am

RiscaGame wrote:I find it somewhat disappointing that a 6000 capacity stadium hasn't sold out yet for a Blouse game.

The product is spectacularly wrong and is probably about to get spectacularly wronger, but no fecker listens and learns so there we are.


Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Stone Motif on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:24 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:I find it somewhat disappointing that a 6000 capacity stadium hasn't sold out yet for a Blouse game.

The product is spectacularly wrong and is probably about to get spectacularly wronger, but no fecker listens and learns so there we are.


30,000 feckwits smear electronic sh1te over every single article online where the subject of 'regionalism' comes up. They're all quite convinced a failure to embrace the R word, despite one club sacrificing it's ground and very existence for 72 others, is the sole reason for the demise of NRFC. Just look at the free falling, Premier football coat- tailing Ospreys - that's the model. That'll surely work in Gogland it the Valleys if NRFC aren't willing to accept the WRU lifeline. Surely the WRU can tap into this mass market and finally make regional rugby work in Wales.
avatar
Stone Motif

Posts : 2254
Join date : 2012-03-26
Location : Gwent Region

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:I find it somewhat disappointing that a 6000 capacity stadium hasn't sold out yet for a Blouse game.

The product is spectacularly wrong and is probably about to get spectacularly wronger, but no fecker listens and learns so there we are.


30,000 feckwits smear electronic sh1te over every single article online where the subject of 'regionalism' comes up. They're all quite convinced a failure to embrace the R word, despite one club sacrificing it's ground and very existence for 72 others, is the sole reason for the demise of NRFC. Just look at the free falling, Premier football coat- tailing Ospreys - that's the model. That'll surely work in Gogland it the Valleys if NRFC aren't willing to accept the WRU lifeline. Surely the WRU can tap into this mass market and finally make regional rugby work in Wales.

Like the bloos did at CCS. Put on free bus transport there and back again. Only Aberfeckknowswhere rfc took up the offer IIRC. Worked though. All paid for their tickets too, which was a novelty.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Just seen "#REGIONONTHEROAD".
No comment.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Just seen "#REGIONONTHEROAD".
No comment.

Was this related to Dragons going to Caerphilly? If so, seems like a contradiction in terms as Caerphilly is in the region!

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Cardiff Dave on Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Just seen "#REGIONONTHEROAD".
No comment.

Was this related to Dragons going to Caerphilly? If so, seems like a contradiction in terms as Caerphilly is in the region!

Aye.
Thought Caerphilly was in the Cardiff reejun, so there we are. 14 years on and i'm still not up to speed with what's what and who goes where.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6252
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Mon May 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Just seen "#REGIONONTHEROAD".
No comment.

Was this related to Dragons going to Caerphilly? If so, seems like a contradiction in terms as Caerphilly is in the region!

Aye.
Thought Caerphilly was in the Cardiff reejun, so there we are. 14 years on and i'm still not up to speed with what's what and who goes where.

I was just basing it on Caerphilly being one of the 5 unitary authorities that came from the break up of Gwent (along with Newport, Monmouthshire, Blaenau Gwent and Torfaen), so Gwent at some point included Caerphilly. Plus our training facilities being located in Caerphilly too (Ystrad Mynach). When we moved training there from Newport it was heralded as 'going regional' so Caerphilly must be part of the Dragons region, at least in part.

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue May 02, 2017 11:10 am

I'm surprised there haven't been any comments on the Dragons' spectacular Devon Loch performance on Friday. There was something almost admirable about it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22027
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Griff on Tue May 02, 2017 11:59 am

I commented on the Edinburgh thread instead as there was a bit of live commentary going in. What a shower (in the end).

Griff

Posts : 7172
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm

I almost changed channel to make it stop.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22027
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Thu May 04, 2017 2:05 am

I can't believe Virginia Park is only 5K and it is still a thousand short of reaching capacity. That's disappointing.

Sadly, with regard to the Edinburgh capitulation, I wasn't surprised. How can a 17 point lead not feel safe?

RiscaGame

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by RiscaGame on Thu May 04, 2017 2:45 am

That said, I guess the Newportonians might be watching the County, judging by their attendance being over 6k thus far

RiscaGame

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by wayne on Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 am

RiscaGame wrote:That said, I guess the Newportonians might be watching the County, judging by their attendance being over 6k thus far


Rev by the looks of it, you're in the same boat as us (Ospreys/Swansea) our attendance is close to half of the Swans. So much for Rugby being the National sport of Wales.

wayne

Posts : 3091
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Newport Gwent Dragons 2016/17 thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum