The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach

2 posters

Go down

Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach Empty Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach

Post by Kingshu Mon 20 Feb 2017, 4:04 pm

Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach

http://www.the42.ie/chiefs-assistant-kieran-keane-to-take-over-at-connacht-3249030-Feb2017/

Anyone know much about him?

I think he's supposed to be quite well though off, the Pro 12 teams do appear to be getting in some top level coaches.
Gibbs
Cockerill
Dave Rennie

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach Empty Re: Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach

Post by wolfball Mon 20 Feb 2017, 6:10 pm

From the little I have read I am pleased enough. Hadn't heard of him before last week.

PROS
- Focused on attacking rugby, will continue Lam's style it seems
- Has experience "developing" a team with Tasman
- Exceptionally enthusiastic about connacht in interviews

CONS
- Will miss most of preseason
- Not a alot fo super rugby experience.
- Bit of an unknown in general
- Not sure if the pan-province development Lam put such a focus on will continue to the same degree

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach Empty Re: Chiefs assistant Kieran Keane confirmed as next Connacht head coach

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:49 pm

Seems like a very good signing for Connacht, and one that will dispel the doom and gloom surrounding the exit of Lam.

With a bit of luck he may be free at the end of the normal season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down