The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AP run in and prediction thread.

3 posters

Go down

AP run in and prediction thread. Empty AP run in and prediction thread.

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 16:53

Current Table

Pos
Team
_P_
_W_
_D_
_L_
Pts
Wasps
Saracens
Exeter Chiefs
Bath Rugby
Leicester Tigers
Harlequins
Newcastle Falcons
Northampton Saints
Gloucester Rugby
Sale
Worcester Warriors
Bristol Rugby

Top 6 fixtures

Cuckoos
Gloucester (H)
Bath (A)
Worcester (H)
Northampton (H)
Bristol (A)
Harlequins (A)
Saracens (H)

Moneybags
Sale (H)
Newcastle (A)
Bath (H)
Harlequins (H)
Northampton (A)
Bristol (H)
Wasps (A)

ooooooooooooohhhh oooohhhoohhhh oooooooooooooohhh ooooohhooohh (repeat for 80 minutes straight)
Newcastle (H)
Tigers (A)
Sale (H)
Bristol (H)
Harlequins (A)
Northampton (H)
Gloucester (A)

Cheats
Bristol (A)
Wasps (H)
Saracens (A)
Tigers (*N*)
Worcester (A)
Gloucester (H)
Sale (A)

The People's Champions
Harlequins (A)
Exeter (H)
Northampton (A)
Bath (*N*)
Newcastle (H)
Sale (H)
Worcester (A)

Hardlyrelevants
Tigers (H)
Gloucester (A)
Bristol (H)
Saracens (A)
Exeter (H)
Wasps (H)
Northampton (A)

Prediction

Saracens (W)
Wasps
Exeter (F)
Bath

Looking at the fixtures Bath are probably the most at risk of slipping out of the top 4. Although I think they'll beat Tigers at Twickenham I'd still be livid as a fan that home advantage for such a crucial game is being lost on a cash grab. All of the top 4 likely to drop some points before the end of the season but I cannot see Tigers or Quins picking up enough points to capitalise, a loss for either of those teams this Friday would probably see the little remaining hope fade away. As for the playoffs, I just can't imagine them going any differently to the last couple of years. Wasps, Chiefs and Bath all play some incredibly attractive rugby but I expect Saracens to shut them down and them carve them up when the mistakes inevitably creep in.

I didn't include the fixtures for the relegation battle as I'm pretty sure we'd all just be calling it for Bristol. Should they pick up a surprise win against Bath then it might be worth a deeper look.

This weekend's fixtures

Harlequins vs Tigers

Must win game for both teams. Quins have generally had the upper hand over Leicester in recent history and you have to go back to the 11-12 season to find a win for Tigers at the Stoop. Leicester have had ideal preparation for this game with the last 2 weeks consisting of unopposed training sessions. It'll be interesting to see which half-backs Mauger selects, as all 4 have looked good albeit with a very comfortable ride. I haven't seen the Bath vs Quins game yet but my gut instinct tells me Quins will edge out a tight but entertaining game.

Harlequins by 4

Saracens vs Sale Sharks

Sale really impressed me with their win over Wasps. Not only in how they raced to a big lead, but how they managed to absorb the Wasps onslaught and regain control of the match. Ordinarily I'd say they could be competitive this weekend. However, they're away to Saracens. Saracens are pissed. Saracens are going to rip them apart.

Saracens by 28

Northampton vs Worcester Warriors

A casual rugby follower might look at the 46-31 loss to Newcastle and think that Saints are in a state of despair, but that would be unfair to Newcastle who are now genuine top 6 contenders. A long way off where they would want to be, for sure, but they are still in much better form than at times earlier on in the season. Far too much for Worcester, who will be concentrating solely on next weekend's game against Bristol. Comfortable TBP win for the Death Eaters.

Northampton by 19

Exeter Chiefs vs Newcastle Falcons

Despite just praising the much improved Falcons this is clearly a step too far at the moment. A power game that Newcastle cannot currently live with and backs in good form - a fairly routine win for Chiefs. Routine, but not an embarrassment or anything like that.

Chiefs by 11

Wasps vs Gloucester

As has been the case for many years with Gloucester, I have no idea how they will perform this weekend. They were absolutely terrible against Leicester, to the point where I was more sad for their supporters than I was happy about the result. Then they follow that up by being one of the few teams able to execute the simple game plan needed to counter Saracens. Both teams score Poopie loads of tries and both teams are showing little inclination towards defending, Beale in particular has stood out to me over the last 2 weeks for his lack of desire to get stuck in. A high scoring match that should probably be on TV instead of this weekend's final game...

Wasps by 12

Bristol vs Bath

Form goes out of the window for derbies, anything can happen in a local derby, etc., etc., etc....

Except it won't. Bath will score within 5 minutes and pick up at least another 40 points along the way in a tediously uncompetitive match. Not enjoyable viewing for anyone who isn't a Bath fan.

Bath by however many they feel like.

My predictions are almost always completely wrong. So congratulations to Tigers, Sale, Worcester, Falcons, Gloucester and Bristol on your upcoming victories OK

Back to top Go down

AP run in and prediction thread. Empty Re: AP run in and prediction thread.

Post by Scottrf Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 17:40

Think Tigers are more likely this weekend. It's a 6 Nations period Quins after all.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 18:06

Good point Scottrf. Best time to play Quins and in a period where we are unlikely to lose many players (watch me jinx us and Eddie give Genge and Big Mike a game now). Should hopefully give us an edge.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by englishborn Tue 21 Feb 2017 - 15:13

Harlequins vs Tigers

I fancy Tigers just about here, seems they have been hurt and want to make amends and I feel Quins have been vulnerable for a few weeks now. Tigers by 5

Saracens vs Sale Sharks

I rather suspect Sarries will be very up for this match following 2 somewhat surprising results on the road. They are at home and want to get their title defence back on track. Sharks will make it tough for them but it will take a lot of effort to get a result here. Sarries by 12

Northampton vs Worcester Warriors
Normally I would be thinking this should be a win for Saints but they have been very leaky of late and Warriors have been looking rather handy of late. Going to be a bit conservative and say a narrow Saints win.
Saints by 3 or 5

Exeter Chiefs vs Newcastle Falcons

Ahh Newcastle the lovely delight so far this season, but things will be tough at Chiefs. It is difficult to see beyond a Chiefs win to be honest they have looked good and solid and are at home.
Chiefs by 7

Wasps vs Gloucester

This should be a fairly comfortable win for Wasps, Sale used their strengths to good effect last week but at home and Gloucester not having the same strengths as Sale I think the Wasps backs will be enjoying themselves.
Wasps by 15

Bristol vs Bath

Bristol had an encouraging purple patch and got themselves a decent number of points a few weeks ago, but the demands of the Premiership seem to have taken hold again, Bath should win this my a large margin though maybe not as big as previous Bristol Losses.
Bath by 20

englishborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down