The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

+61
Fiddler
exileray
Hood83
Hazel Sapling
RuggerRadge2611
mikey_dragon
Ozzy3213
George Carlin
lostinwales
mid_gen
Rory_Gallagher
prop_lyd
Cumbrian
BigGee
Smudge21
RiscaGame
propdavid_london
Geordie
Sgt_Pooly
formerly known as Sam
Scottrf
king_carlos
LondonTiger
Bathite
Fluxy
englishborn
Welly
beshocked
rosbif
sensisball
yappysnap
Recwatcher16
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ScarletSpiderman
Gooseberry
cascough
munkian
aucklandlaurie
BamBam
Pete330v2
St John The Enforcer
Margin_Walker
WELL-PAST-IT
carpet baboon
BigTrevsbigmac
Tattie Scones RRN
Rugby Fan
demosthenes
SirJohnnyEnglish
ChequeredJersey
TheMildlyFranticLlama
B91212
whocares
HongKongCherry
No 7&1/2
EWT Spoons
SirBurger
nathan
InjuredYetAgain
geoff999rugby
stnick88
65 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17 - Page 16 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

Post by stnick88 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 2:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Gordon Reid is off to Irish.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17 - Page 16 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:20 am

Scottrf wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:So Halfpenny is now without a club.

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/sokeefe/halfpenny-toulon-contract-saga/

pretty shoddy way to treat such a nice guy.

Well...he tried to leave the club, missed their final then gave an ultimatum, and the club didn't bow to him. Doesn't appear he's treated the club with much respect.

Given the way MB has treated his Toulon players and coaches it's interesting that you choose to moan about a self-respecting player who doesn't want to work for said madman.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17 - Page 16 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 16/17

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:25 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Well...he tried to leave the club, missed their final then gave an ultimatum, and the club didn't bow to him. Doesn't appear he's treated the club with much respect.

Given the way MB has treated his Toulon players and coaches it's interesting that you choose to moan about a self-respecting player who doesn't want to work for said madman.

No judgment about that, but just saying he's hardly been completely dedicated to the club to expect perfect treatment. If players go where the money is and follow contracts when it suits them, they can hardly expect the club to keep them longer than they are needed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:29 am

Perhaps Toulon also don't think Halfpenny is worth £750,000 a year either.

His stock might be high with Gatland but doesn't mean he's up there.

Salary amount is a controversial talking point but £750,000 is very high.

Wasps spent a lot on Beale but I genuinely think if he'd been fit for the AP final, Wasps would have won.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:31 am

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

No judgment about that, but just saying he's hardly been completely dedicated to the club to expect perfect treatment. If players go where the money is and follow contracts when it suits them, they can hardly expect the club to keep them longer than they are needed.

He's been there for years helping them win trophies and has often been their best performer this season; I don't think his dedication can be called into question. I'm surprised the Toulon board didn't sow him up at the start of this season to be honest, but even worse was the WRU and Blues not offering him a proper contract. Toulon are on their way down and I have no sympathy for them with a CEO like that.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:32 am

beshocked wrote:Perhaps Toulon also don't think Halfpenny is worth £750,000 a year either.

His stock might be high with Gatland but doesn't mean he's up there.

Salary amount is a controversial talking point but £750,000 is very high.

Wasps spent a lot on Beale but I genuinely think if he'd been fit for the AP final, Wasps would have won.

May as well try and milk them while he can. FYI the WRU thought he was worth 450,000 per annum.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:34 am

mikey_dragon wrote:May as well try and milk them while he can. FYI the WRU thought he was worth 450,000 per annum.

Which he has done, and can't anymore. What's the problem? It's supposed to be a lifetime contract?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 06 Jun 2017, 9:37 am

My most significant memory of Halfpenny this season was both him and Nonu failing to stop Maitland scoring a try for Saracens.

Toulon stuttered in the European Champions Cup, Halfpenny didn't do his team many favours IMO.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:01 am

beshocked wrote:My most significant memory of Halfpenny this season was both him and Nonu failing to stop Maitland scoring a try for Saracens.  

Toulon stuttered in the European Champions Cup, Halfpenny didn't do his team many favours IMO.

From what I remember from earlier in the season Nonu had a lot of stick in the media from Mourad. Nice boss.

Your view (based on one match) seems to correspond with the reports and numerous MOTM performances. It's unlike you to exaggerate BS.....

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:01 am

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:May as well try and milk them while he can. FYI the WRU thought he was worth 450,000 per annum.

Which he has done, and can't anymore. What's the problem? It's supposed to be a lifetime contract?

Not sure what you're on now?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:13 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Why are we annoyed he hasn't been given a contract extension?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:14 am

mikey dragon don't remember Halfpenny picking up numerous MOTM awards in the Champions Cup.

If you think Halfpenny is worth £750,000 a year fair enough. I don't.

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/news/35325.php

He does have this stat though....

Leigh Halfpenny missed more shots at goal (9) than any other player in the pool stage. His success rate of 72% was the lowest of any of the nine players to land 15 + kicks at goal.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:16 am

Scottrf wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Why are we annoyed he hasn't been given a contract extension?

Personally I was annoyed at Cardiff/the WRU. Halfpenny was ready to go as I stated and that was midway through the season. Considering who runs Toulon and what's gone on this year I couldn't quite understand why you'd criticise one of their top performers not being overly keen on staying at the club; but then I remembered the player was Welsh and suddenly it made sense as to why English posters were having a whinge Very Happy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:25 am

beshocked wrote:mikey dragon don't remember Halfpenny picking up numerous MOTM awards in the Champions Cup.

If you think Halfpenny is worth £750,000 a year fair enough. I don't.

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/news/35325.php

He does have this stat though....

Leigh Halfpenny missed more shots at goal (9) than any other player in the pool stage. His success rate of 72% was the lowest of any of the nine players to land 15 + kicks at goal.

Perhaps you don't because your comments indicate you spend a lot of time under rocks. Maybe you should check outside of the Champs cup.

Never said that. Not sure what I've said to indicate that but then again you do have knack for lying and dragging things off topic.

Not sure why you're posting the stats but, which angle was each kick taken from? From what distance? What were the weather conditions on the day like? How many kicks at goal were attempted in total?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:33 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Personally I was annoyed at Cardiff/the WRU. Halfpenny was ready to go as I stated and that was midway through the season. Considering who runs Toulon and what's gone on this year I couldn't quite understand why you'd criticise one of their top performers not being overly keen on staying at the club; but then I remembered the player was Welsh and suddenly it made sense as to why English posters were having a whinge Very Happy.

Life must be so hard being constantly persecuted.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:35 am

You call Halfpenny a top performer, I am just pointing out he didn't in the Champions Cup.

Now I'd agree, the Champions Cup isn't everything but it's still the biggest cup in European rugby.

I am sure Mourad didn't pay Halfpenny to exclusively perform in the top 14 (though he missed the final) Whistle

Toulon pays his significant bills and he missed the top 14 final to go on the Lions tour. Not exactly going to make the owner happy....

Hardly adding value there.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:41 am

beshocked wrote:You call Halfpenny a top performer, I am just pointing out he didn't in the Champions Cup.

Now I'd agree, the Champions Cup isn't everything but it's still the biggest cup in European rugby.

I am sure Mourad didn't pay Halfpenny to exclusively perform in the top 14 (though he missed the final) Whistle

Toulon pays his significant bills and he missed the top 14 final to go on the Lions tour. Not exactly going to make the owner happy....

Hardly adding value there.

Missing some kicks doesn't really indicate that, this seems to be just your opinion and going by the reports at the time, the Top14 and Mourad disagree.

Well his stock was high with the club after already helping them to a few pieces of silverware. Like I said, considering it's Mourad then it isn't a surprise nobody wants to work there. If he leaves Toulon which looks likely I'm sure both parties will be happy with that.

Anyway, nice of you to basically admit you were talking rubbish by avoiding questions. Now if you could stop continuously dragging threads off topic that would be great thumbsup.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 06 Jun 2017, 11:22 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
beshocked wrote:My most significant memory of Halfpenny this season was both him and Nonu failing to stop Maitland scoring a try for Saracens.  

From what I remember from earlier in the season Nonu had a lot of stick in the media from Mourad. Nice boss.

Your view (based on one match) seems to correspond with the reports and numerous MOTM performances. It's unlike you to exaggerate BS.....

Possibly MOTM performances in previous seasons. This season when I've seen him he looked bloody awful. Having said that he got decent write ups in the play off games which I didn't see so he may have rediscovered his form at the right time.

Halfpenny was brought in because Toulon were concerned about their ability to reliably kick goals with Wilko retired. Him missing the biggest game of the season and looking a shadow of himself in the Champions Cup won't have helped with Mourad's temper. I suspect Toulon will be happy to have him off the books and Halfpenny happy to return to Wales.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 06 Jun 2017, 1:52 pm

TBH it's the top 14's own fault for having such a stupidly long season and for wanting the top 14 final to be the last domestic final in the NH. If they just did things like the other leagues Halfpenny would of been able to play in the final.

Re form it comes and goes but TBF Halfpenny is one of the most consistent players in the NH, Toulon have hired some crap props and coaches which didn't help things.

Personally I would love to have him at Tigers but can't see us affording him. Unless he was more realistic in his wage.

I do think Toulon is a hard club to fit into things, the wilkinson team is gone and there are a lot more "showmen" and players who like the limelight which I don't think Halfpenny would fit in well with. Also Mourad is a dick who has been whinging about Halfpenny since he arrived either about injuries or internationals.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 06 Jun 2017, 2:04 pm

Welly wrote: TBH it's the top 14's own fault for having such a stupidly long season and for wanting the top 14 final to be the last domestic final in the NH. If they just did things like the other leagues Halfpenny would of been able to play in the final.

Re form it comes and goes but TBF Halfpenny is one of the most consistent players in the NH, Toulon have hired some crap props and coaches which didn't help things.

Personally I would love to have him at Tigers but can't see us affording him. Unless he was more realistic in his wage.

I do think Toulon is a hard club to fit into things, the wilkinson team is gone and there are a lot more "showmen" and players who like the limelight which I don't think Halfpenny would fit in well with. Also Mourad is a dick who has been whinging about Halfpenny since he arrived either about injuries or internationals.

Agree on Mourad and the make up of the Toulon squad. That squad has been given far too much free reign on the back of the Wilko era where the squad almost managed themselves. They needed a disciplinarian in Cockers to boot them into shape.

Having said that I wouldn't fancy Leigh at Tigers. For the cost we could reinforce other areas which are more needy and he'd only really add a reliable kicking option. Let's be honest here, Halfpenny's primary focus is international rugby and you can't blame him from that. He should move back to Wales.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 06 Jun 2017, 2:10 pm

I think back 3 is pretty needy TBF.

Back 3 and midfield currently our biggest weakness.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 2:38 pm

Welly wrote:

I actually forgot about that, now I remember the French idiot threatening to terminate Halfpenny's contract when he was injured, although since the season started he has been praising Half. Also a good point about the team these days. Hayman, Williams, Botha, etc. in the same pack was quite formidable.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 06 Jun 2017, 2:53 pm

Welly wrote: I think back 3 is pretty needy TBF.

Back 3 and midfield currently our biggest weakness.

I think depth in both departments is a concern. TV as first choice 15 I'm very happy with given how well he's improved working with Murphy. Worth is a good utility understudy and the fact he can kick for goal is also useful. JPP has played international rugby at 15 and I think Holmes can cover. Numbers wise we could do with another body, ideally a utility option and another midfield option, once again someone with flexibility. Should be able to sign good options for both in under what it'd coat for Halfpenny  (assuming he wants half a mil plus).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 06 Jun 2017, 4:06 pm

I guess it would be down to what he wants maybe the bucket loads of cash he got from Toulon might mean he is willing to go lower.

Whilst JPP and Holmes can play 15 they are also covering wings. Also think Holmes games at 15 are a handful.

I wouldn't mind
11) Veainu, Holmes
14) Thompstone, JPP, Brady
15) Halfpenny, Worth

Also rather see JPP play at 13 rather than 15 if I'm being honest.

It's tough because I think we are really 2 Centres shy and a wing/Fullback of a complete squad, and I think a few or our current options are not good enough to be challenging where we want to be. Could depend on who goes now and how much they would free up. Maybe see 5 more leavers or something and 3 better players coming potentially not sure.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 06 Jun 2017, 4:11 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Welly wrote:

I actually forgot about that, now I remember the French idiot threatening to terminate Halfpenny's contract when he was injured, although since the season started he has been praising Half. Also a good point about the team these days. Hayman, Williams, Botha, etc. in the same pack was quite formidable.

I like halfpenny I like to take the kick out of Welsh players but he has been great, he was a big part of that Cardiff Blues side that was dominant, and a big part of an excellent Welsh team even at a young age.

I think since then I think he has struggled being in teams that have had one too many players who are either past their best or the tactics have been wrong.

He isn't a liam Williams but he is a good attacking back which I think has been forgotten by his coaches who just want his rock solid kicking. (Toulon especially).

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 06 Jun 2017, 6:30 pm

Welly wrote:  I guess it would be down to what he wants maybe the bucket loads of cash he got from Toulon might mean he is willing to go lower.

Whilst JPP and Holmes can play 15 they are also covering wings. Also think Holmes games at 15 are a handful.

I wouldn't mind
11) Veainu, Holmes
14) Thompstone, JPP, Brady
15) Halfpenny, Worth

Also rather see JPP play at 13 rather than 15 if I'm being honest.

It's tough because I think we are really 2 Centres shy and a wing/Fullback of a complete squad, and I think a few or our current options are not good enough to be challenging where we want to be. Could depend on who goes now and how much they would free up. Maybe see 5 more leavers or something and 3 better players coming potentially not sure.

I'm not a fan of TV on the wing. Restricts him to much, I prefer to see him let loose in the open space he gets at 15. I think three additional backs might be overly hopeful. Unless we turf out a few more. A big ball carrying centre/wing and a footballing utility back, MOC using some of his connections. Worth might be worth his weight in gold next season as a goal kicking 10/12/15.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 06 Jun 2017, 10:21 pm

Welly wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Welly wrote:

I like halfpenny I like to take the kick out of Welsh players but he has been great, he was a big part of that Cardiff Blues side that was dominant, and a big part of an excellent Welsh team even at a young age.

I think since then I think he has struggled being in teams that have had one too many players who are either past their best or the tactics have been wrong.

He isn't a liam Williams but he is a good attacking back which I think has been forgotten by his coaches who just want his rock solid kicking. (Toulon especially).

If he's to rediscover that then Blues are the team for him, but we might never see it. The Blues back line looks pretty damn good if he slots in.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 08 Jun 2017, 3:55 am

The chances of Jim Hamilton changing his mind about retirement have gone down sharply. He's revealed he has been diagnosed with Graves Disease.

He felt ill at the end of the season but just assumed he'd hit the booze too hard.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 11 Jun 2017, 11:06 am

So we have in the rugby paper
Simmons to Exeter
Tigers letting go of
Tait
Kitto
Croft
McCaffrey
JPP

Tigers looking to sign
Marty Mckenzie
Damien McKenzie
Fekitoa
Amanaki Mafi

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 11 Jun 2017, 2:38 pm

Welly wrote:  So we have in the rugby paper
Simmons to Exeter
Tigers letting go of
Tait
Kitto
Croft
McCaffrey
JPP

Tigers looking to sign
Marty Mckenzie
Damien McKenzie
Fekitoa
Amanaki Mafi

Tait is past it, Croft is about ready to retire or maybe have a season or two in Japan, McCaffery seems out of favour given he didn't feature towards the end of the season,  Kitto is third choice and we have young players who look good at 9. Only real surprise there would be JPP.

One of the McKenzie boys would be a great signing. The can kick goals and play 10/12/15 which is exactly what we need. Can't see us getting both. Mafi would give more options at 8 which would make the offy lot more happy. He left Bath under a bit of a cloud though.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 11 Jun 2017, 3:21 pm

It would be ruthless to let McCaffery go. He's consistently one of our best players every time he's on the pitch. I accept there are other back row options covering the same positions though. If another 8 is going to brought in then someone will have to give way in the back row sadly.

It would be such a shame to see Crofty go but understandable in the circumstances. If he is going to play another season or two then there's no point doing at a club where he wont get game time. Yet another player who was cut down by injuries at the peak of his game.

JPP has been great for his all round game but it's a lot of cap being spent on a winger who lacks a wingers pace these days. Taity has been a great Tiger but is similarly lacking in pace now to stay in the back three.

Simmons would be a shame to lose. He's an exciting talent. Ben White being ahead of him perhaps a factor. There are a few talented 9s at Chiefs as well though. Perhaps he wants to look at playing 15 more and Chiefs view him the same?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 11 Jun 2017, 3:22 pm

As for the players supposedly being looked at...

The Fekitoa rumours have felt a lot like agent spin to get a bigger NZRFU contract. He has been dropped by NZ though which makes him looking for a move more believable. I still stuggle to buy it though.

Damien McKenzie is in a long list of excellent 10s to get back into the AB squad. How much longer Cruden will stay in NZ will probably be on a few 10s mind. I can't see him moving before the RWC when there may be a space in the squad if Cruden moves.

Marty McKenzie is a more believable one. He's been out of AB reckoning for a couple of seasons. Ben Smith, Dagg and now Jordie Barrett from the current squad alone is quite a queue of full backs.

Mafi would be a good signing IF Tigers could get him going like he has for Japan. If he plays like he previously did in the Prem then Kalamafoni will be a better option as a ball carrier and Locky would add more...

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 11 Jun 2017, 4:04 pm

Carlos it's Rob Simmons not Harry Simmons.

Lol

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 11 Jun 2017, 4:06 pm

Ah much happier having heard that! Laugh

Cheers Welly Hug

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 11 Jun 2017, 4:36 pm

Welly wrote:Carlos it's Rob Simmons not Harry Simmons.

Lol

I did the same initially. Would have been worrying to lose a young and importantly versatile player like that. Figured it out after a quick Google search. 

The Chiefs will have some cap spare with Parling heading off. I had thought they might replace internally but with an international readily available it might be tempting to try and add more experience.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Sun 11 Jun 2017, 10:31 pm

Cruden has signed for Montpellier next season

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Jun 2017, 9:23 am

Bathite wrote:Cruden has signed for Montpellier next season

Five months ago?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 12 Jun 2017, 9:54 am

Scottrf wrote:

Five months ago?

It makes the Damien McKenzie rumour unlikely. Odds on he'll stay in NZ and be the Chiefs go to option at 10 next season. Marty Mckenzie is a more likely candidate to move to the NH.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 12 Jun 2017, 10:05 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Five months ago?

It makes the Damien McKenzie rumour unlikely. Odds on he'll stay in NZ and be the Chiefs go to option at 10 next season. Marty Mckenzie is a more likely candidate to move to the NH.

Apologies Bathite - missed the context of your post.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 12 Jun 2017, 8:23 pm

Bernard Jackman to Dragons as head coach, and one of Mike Ford, Darren Edwards supposedly coming in as backs coach.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 13 Jun 2017, 1:38 am

Mike ford as backs Coach?? He will have stolen the head coach by end of season. Classic ford.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 13 Jun 2017, 9:42 am

Bathite wrote:Mike ford as backs Coach?? He will have stolen the head coach by end of season. Classic ford.

Jackman has been admitted to hospital with an odd tingling feeling in is back.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 13 Jun 2017, 10:00 am

Bathite wrote:Mike ford as backs Coach?? He will have stolen the head coach by end of season. Classic ford.

While the team physio is reading up on harassment reporting procedures Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 13 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

I reckon he can look after himself:

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com/Teams/Coach/Dragons/172102/chris-jenkins/

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 13 Jun 2017, 11:29 am

LondonTiger wrote:

Laugh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 13 Jun 2017, 12:24 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Laugh

The first victim of the Ford regime in January then.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Tue 13 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm

Carl Fearns remaining in France with Lyon. Gloucester had just released a statement.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 13 Jun 2017, 7:40 pm

Well and truly into the era of transfer fees in rugby. Signing a contract with a club no longer means you'll be there for that period of time, its now just an invitation for someone with deep pockets to come and throw money about. Depressing state of affairs.

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 13 Jun 2017, 9:36 pm

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Well and truly into the era of transfer fees in rugby. Signing a contract with a club no longer means you'll be there for that period of time, its now just an invitation for someone with deep pockets to come and throw money about. Depressing state of affairs.

Bit late to get on your high horse. Some years ago Goneva had agreed a precontract agreement to join Castres only to sack it off and sign a new deal at Tigers. Players are human and they can change their mind.

The Picamoles move to Montpelier was more concerning for me. Rich owner decides he likes another club's player and just throws money at it until he gets what he wants. At least Fearns was already at Lyon.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 13 Jun 2017, 11:06 pm

I mean Montepilier was Picamoles first club.

Think he have family there.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 14 Jun 2017, 7:26 am

Welly wrote: I mean Montepilier was Picamoles first club.

Think he have family there.

Came through the academy there but was born in Paris.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next