The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah

+21
beshocked
Hood83
geoff999rugby
GunsGermsV2
mikey_dragon
munkian
majesticimperialman
whocares
ebop
LondonTiger
TrailApe
No 7&1/2
SecretFly
Manu's Boxing Coach
Hammersmith harrier
Portnoy's Complaint
Geordie
TightHEAD
poissonrouge
Scottrf
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah Empty England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah

Post by Scottrf Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

Bow down peasants.

Last edited by Scottrf on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah Empty Re: England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah

Post by poissonrouge Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:34 pm

I note the same tactic was employed by Pocock against Ireland last autumn. I presume the Australians don't play rugby either?
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah Empty Re: England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah

Post by TightHEAD Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:37 pm

Damage limitation by a team that can't play the game.

Relegation has to come into the six nations as Italy need to learn how to play the game or F off.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:39 pm

Nah not relegation. Just promote Georgia.

Italy will get better under O'Shea and Venter and Catt

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:40 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Damage limitation by a team that can't play the game.

Relegation has to come into the six nations as Italy need to learn how to play the game or F off.

Was that first line in reference to Pocock or to Italy?
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:40 pm

poissonrouge wrote:I note the same tactic was employed by Pocock against Ireland last autumn. I presume the Australians don't play rugby either?

But this time, redfish, the tactics were cleverly employed against English gym-monkeys.

It was certain to work.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:41 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:
poissonrouge wrote:I note the same tactic was employed by Pocock against Ireland last autumn. I presume the Australians don't play rugby either?

But this time, redfish, the tactics were cleverly employed against English gym-monkeys.

It was certain to work.

It seemed to work really well resulting in a 21 point loss, have people lost all sense over this.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Eddie is quite clearly trolling here and he has been doing so for quite some time. Recently, I heard Gary Neville talk about his approach to press conferences and interviews and he talked about what he would look to get out of it, his objectives. Eddie implements the exact same method, he doesnt listen to the question just attempts to frame the discussion post or pre match to himself and the teams benefit.

He can see here that his team is going to get a fair bit of flak from the media who expected England to run over Italy, so is moving the debate to be about him and italy's tactics. Clever, and fans, players and journalists should just ignore it, as he is being completely disingenuous.

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Is Georgia paying some people to promote their cause? Whistle The way this story keeps growing and growing I think we might have a bit of a Trumpish espionage mystery on our hands.

I'd like to say to Italy that I'm ready and willing to be paid to support their case for continued entry in our lovely 6N family of love and kisses. Just drop the $500,000 down payment into my usual Swiss bank account.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Lets not forget Wales failed to get the BP against Italy. Lets talk about Italys tactics working there.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:46 pm

And let's add that POC felt the same as Eddie.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:47 pm

Manu's Boxing Coach wrote:Eddie is quite clearly trolling here and he has been doing so for quite some time. Recently, I heard Gary Neville talk about his approach to press conferences and interviews and he talked about what he would look to get out of it, his objectives. Eddie implements the exact same method, he doesnt listen to the question just attempts to frame the discussion post or pre match to himself and the teams benefit.

He can see here that his team is going to get a fair bit of flak from the media who expected England to run over Italy, so is moving the debate to be about him and italy's tactics. Clever, and fans, players and journalists should just ignore it, as he is being completely disingenuous.

We (ahem...Irish) are trying to ignore it and get back to the 'silly' players...but we're being caught offside every blasted time!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:48 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

It was certain to work.

It seemed to work really well resulting in a 21 point loss, have people lost all sense over this.

Well so far as I can see, that's about 60 ponts better than expected.

Well done Italy!

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:49 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:And let's add that POC felt the same as Eddie.

POC? Laugh That f**kin eejit would do anything to stir the pot in wumming terms. Sure isn't he Irish, after all. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:51 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

It was certain to work.

Well so far as I can see, that's about 60 ponts better than expected.

Well done Italy!

laughing Somehow some people can't see the sense in that.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:54 pm

Scottrf wrote:Lets not forget Wales failed to get the BP against Italy. Lets talk about Italys tactics working there.

Yeah, but Wales are absolutely sh*te while England are the greatest team ever to be produced by the northern hemisphere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manu's Boxing Coach Sun 26 Feb 2017, 7:57 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Manu's Boxing Coach wrote:Eddie is quite clearly trolling here and he has been doing so for quite some time. Recently, I heard Gary Neville talk about his approach to press conferences and interviews and he talked about what he would look to get out of it, his objectives. Eddie implements the exact same method, he doesnt listen to the question just attempts to frame the discussion post or pre match to himself and the teams benefit.

We (ahem...Irish) are trying to ignore it and get back to the 'silly' players...but we're being caught offside every blasted time!

SecretFly I've had enough of you mocking me and making me laugh at myself in the process Wink

Its happened on 2 threads now.

But he's clearly exaggerating the point here and I think the OP missed that. It was a obviously a game of rugby but as I've said on other threads, I think the tactic used could have bad consequences for the sport as a whole.

Manu's Boxing Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:00 pm

win - bonus point

Bit of weird gane though -will benefit England by coming through that.

I reckon the AB's would have adapted lot quicker - not sure about anyone else - it's fast game out there.

Good on the Italians though, why be lambs to the slaughter - 80 minutes of hammering turned to 40 minutes of hammering.

Think outside the box.

Kept the score down.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:05 pm

I actually think his comments about Scotland were more interesting; the stuff about pressure and expectation etc.
Most people would think all the pressure would be England going for the record and at home going for the grand slam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:11 pm

Griff wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Lets not forget Wales failed to get the BP against Italy. Lets talk about Italys tactics working there.

Yeah, but Wales are absolutely sh*te while England are the greatest team ever to be produced by the northern hemisphere.
Wont argue with that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:14 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Griff wrote:

Wont argue with that.

thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:18 pm

I actually think his comments about Scotland were more interesting; the stuff about pressure and expectation etc. Most people would think all the pressure would be England going for the record and at home going for the grand slam.

don't be daft England are shyte - scraped a bonus win against a poor Italian side, fluked an win against France, scraped past the Welsh (in Cardiff) and are generally arrogant and overhyped.

Easy Scot's win.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:28 pm

TrailApe wrote:
I actually think his comments about Scotland were more interesting; the stuff about pressure and expectation etc. Most people would think all the pressure would be England going for the record and at home going for the grand slam.

don't be daft  England are shyte - scraped a bonus win against a poor Italian side, fluked an win against France, scraped past the Welsh (in Cardiff) and are generally arrogant and overhyped.

Easy Scot's win.

Finally an Englishman (?) gets around to talking some sense..... Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Sun 26 Feb 2017, 8:56 pm

Yeah - but remember I'm not really English - I'm from Northumberland.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 26 Feb 2017, 9:03 pm

What happened to the first post? This makes no sense now.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 9:27 pm

It's really Scottrf that wot did it!!!!

After him!!!!!! Run mad

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 26 Feb 2017, 9:47 pm

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 9:59 pm

Eddie is coming to his senses now too.  I knew everyone would look on the brighter side when the heat evaporated:

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:40 pm

"England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah"

Only a short step from "F*ck off Eddie" in this post-truth World, I suppose.

And the deleted posts.
Inspirational.

Well done mods, your plaudits will be winging in from Trump and Putin and Mugabe

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:46 pm

Mugabe has joined the Enlightened????

This is Great News indeed. Time for a World Party!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:54 pm

Oh and did I say Feck off Eddie?

You are a pretty obnoxious scrote aren't you?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 27 Feb 2017, 12:14 am

And by the way, the original post before the modafia burned the books referred to

Italy tactic wasn't rugby, says England coach Eddie Jones
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39096603

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 27 Feb 2017, 12:17 am

It's like the curch covering up for the priests and vicars isn't it?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 27 Feb 2017, 12:24 am

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:It's like the curch covering up for the priests and vicars isn't it?

...Or the British Establishment covering up for Jimmy, Ted and I'm sure others - yeah.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:28 am

We've had to put up with England not playing within the spirit of the game for several decades if not a century with their 10 man rugby and this Italy thing happens and they completely spit the dummy and bleat on about some 'spirit of the game' nonsense. Not only that but Eddie has the audacity to bring up the Trevor Chappell incident as a comparison. The man has no shame.
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 27 Feb 2017, 6:35 am

I have to say that if it wasn't for #ruckgate / #englandnervousbreakdown I would not have paid much attention to that game so well done Connor for bringing new things to look forward to.
For what it's worth this tactic has been used in super rugby a year or two ago and Clermont also sometimes use it on their restarts on time to time.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 27 Feb 2017, 7:14 am

Griff wrote:

I as an Englishman do thank you for your honesty. Yahoo Very Happy

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 27 Feb 2017, 8:54 am

England are the Greatest and Eddie is the Messiah C5mg6z10

It ain't new....
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:12 am

TrailApe wrote:

don't be daft  England are shyte and are generally arrogant and overhyped.

Easy Scot's win.

We know.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:23 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:And let's add that POC felt the same as Eddie.

He was being diplomatic because he as on English TV.

Eddie comes across as a real whinger when things dont go his way. It will be interesting when the ever-fawning British press turn on him.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:25 am

Diplomatic or just lying? Or giving his opinion. A few Irish fans are starting to get a little giddy ahead of the upcoming England game!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:31 am

BOD is the same.

Say what they want to hear and take the money and run.
Praise the English in their own backyard and they will love you for ever laughing

Speak the truth when you get back home Very Happy

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:37 am

Ha. I expect Gusgott to get sacked. Please let Gusgott be sacked.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:38 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Diplomatic or just lying? Or giving his opinion. A few Irish fans are starting to get a little giddy ahead of the upcoming England game!

Very dramatic 7.5.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:47 am

ebop wrote:We've had to put up with England not playing within the spirit of the game for several decades if not a century with their 10 man rugby and this Italy thing happens and they completely spit the dummy and bleat on about some 'spirit of the game' nonsense. Not only that but Eddie has the audacity to bring up the Trevor Chappell incident as a comparison. The man has no shame.

Nah, not really. Most English ex-pros bar Dawson commended Italy, the players didn't seem to mind except on the pitch when they asked for clarity, and I'd say at worst it's a 50/50 split between posters here as to whether they think it was brilliant or awful. Jones, the Australian, was being ridiculous, you're right.

I'll add my voice to those Englishmen saying 'well done Italy' - they made us look like dolts for 40 mins, served us right.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:47 am

It's long been established that Chris Robshaw didn't know a penalty kick at goal was worth 3 points, but it appears he isn't the only one oblivious to the simplest of rules. England don't know the rules.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39099584

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:50 am

Is Biggar still letting AWJ wear the armband next game?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by ebop Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:51 am

Cotter and Schmidt will be dreaming up ways to confuse England
ebop
ebop

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:54 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Is Biggar still letting AWJ wear the armband next game?

Bench the gobby shyte I say. Bigmouth is almost as bad as Eddie!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:56 am

ebop wrote:Cotter and Schmidt will be dreaming up ways to confuse England

Well Italy made it look easy.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next