The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win?

+23
Derbymanc
Baby faced assassin
Jermaine2015
horizontalhero
EX7EY
Fernando
Hammersmith harrier
Dipper Brown
Pedro147
smashingstormcrow
Atila
Rodney
BoxingFan88
catchweight
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
westisbest
mobilemaster8
hogey
milkyboy
melv500
Steffan
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Poll

David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 15 ]
David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]
David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 28

David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Empty David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win?

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just another simple poll from a simple poster

Who do you want to win and why?

I hope Haye wins. First time I have ever cheered him

Just goes to show how loathable Bellew is

So...who are you cheering for (or don't you care)?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Empty Re: David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win?

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:27 pm

Haye's body looked in incredible shape during the open workout.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 Empty Re: David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win?

Post by melv500 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 7:03 am

I get the feeling all the beach, jacuzzi and pics with celebs was just a ploy to make Bellew think he's not taking it seriously. Haye for all his faults generally is always in great shape and looks like a hard trainer. Apart from Thompson where he punched himself out I can remember him ever gassing too badly.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 02 Mar 2017, 10:02 am

melv500 wrote:I get the feeling all the beach, jacuzzi and pics with celebs was just a ploy to make Bellew think he's not taking it seriously. Haye for all his faults generally is always in great shape and looks like a hard trainer. Apart from Thompson where he punched himself out I can remember him ever gassing too badly.

He was blowing against Chisora and his punch output is pretty anaemic.

Cosmetically, Haye looks good - but there's a difference between that and being in fighting shape. Haye gets away with it as he's so jacked, he can explode and usually get rid of the lumps he's in with.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 10:51 am

He's similar to Bruno in that he's a massive amount of muscle to make up for the naturally small size he has, in HW terms at least. So the muscles soak up oxygen as the fight goes on. I think that's why he has a low punch output, chooses his shots carefully but loads up on them.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 11:00 am

Unfortunately Haye could drink champagne every night and stay out clubbing with rappers till 4am and still bang Bellew out in two rounds.....

Bellew stands straight up... is one dimensional and doesn't move his head....He can't change now.

But fairplay to him.........He's been involved in two PPV headliners... is earning a crap load of money....been involved in a big Hollywood movie and is obviously doing something right..

But mismatch is what it is......At least Brook had tools to make GGG work for the win and that was another mismatch......Can't see any tools Bellew has.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:36 pm

hazharrison wrote:
melv500 wrote:I get the feeling all the beach, jacuzzi and pics with celebs was just a ploy to make Bellew think he's not taking it seriously. Haye for all his faults generally is always in great shape and looks like a hard trainer. Apart from Thompson where he punched himself out I can remember him ever gassing too badly.

He was blowing against Chisora and his punch output is pretty anaemic.

Cosmetically, Haye looks good - but there's a difference between that and being in fighting shape. Haye gets away with it as he's so jacked, he can explode and usually get rid of the lumps he's in with.

Didnt think he looked that bad against Chisora. Did 12 rounds with Wlad ok and Ruiz pushed him for 9. OK admittedly he doesnt have a Calazaghe engine but he no David Price either.

Eitherway I dont think this is going to be a long fight.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 02 Mar 2017, 1:45 pm

He was blowing against Del because Chisora was putting it on him. He barely fought against Klitschko.

He's defo no Price, but these fights were a long, long time ago.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

Yeah good point it was a while ago. I doubt very much Bellew will walk try to walk him down and doesnt fight at any great pace so I dont think Hayes condition could ever really be a factor. I do think Haye has trained much harder than he has made out and be interesting to see his weight but he looks much lighter than his last two fights.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Thu 02 Mar 2017, 2:51 pm

His stamina doesn't matter if he can punch through Bellew

I dont think Haye has good stamina personally but when he lands Bellew is a gonna....it's that simple
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm

People can dream.......Some people are picking an 18 month inactive 41 year old that threw less than 20 punches a round losing against a big stiff in his last fight....Outpointing Joshua who is much busier .......and the fight is in the UK.

Joshua averages 47 punches a round......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 02 Mar 2017, 3:43 pm

I could throw 47 a round if you put me in with someone that's levels below though

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 3:53 pm

What was Wlad's excuse against Fury then.. Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 02 Mar 2017, 4:41 pm

Touche Truss, touche ha ha

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

Not sure I've ever seen the....Arrogant, me-first playboy vs Down to earth family man angle so cynically deployed as in Haye v Bellew..

Subtle it aint...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 7:05 pm

Even the Cold War undertone in Rocky IV was more subtle.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 03 Mar 2017, 12:27 pm

Would be happy for a weird double KO that ends both their careers but doesn't do either Bellew the damage to stop him looking after his kids - you probably didn't know this but he has three kids or David Haye who I can't wait to see as the next James Bond.....

Find both of them really hard to like. Don't personally feel offended by the sheepshagger comments from Bellew, but then I tend to be more of a gentle love maker than a shagger so it doesn't really feel like he's talking to me. David Haye is that likable that he actually made Adam Booth seem alright by comparison when they worked together. Maybe Jeremy Corbyn should hang around with Haye in public for a few weeks to improve his likability and make him electable.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 03 Mar 2017, 1:14 pm

huw wrote:Would be happy for a weird double KO that ends both their careers but doesn't do either Bellew the damage to stop him looking after his kids - you probably didn't know this but he has three kids or David Haye who I can't wait to see as the next James Bond.....

Find both of them really hard to like. Don't personally feel offended by the sheepshagger comments from Bellew, but then I tend to be more of a gentle love maker than a shagger so it doesn't really feel like he's talking to me. David Haye is that likable that he actually made Adam Booth seem alright by comparison when they worked together. Maybe Jeremy Corbyn should hang around with Haye in public for a few weeks to improve his likability and make him electable.

I think that would only improve Haye's popularity bearing in mind MSM's mission to derail Corbyn.

I really don't mind Bellew - especially of late. I think it would be great if he pinged Haye out (but he won't).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 2:13 pm

When did Bellew, pretty much a bum, become a banger? He couldn't even hurt Cleverley in their rematch when Cleverley basically stopped throwing after 3 rounds. Haye's going end this chumps career

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 03 Mar 2017, 2:56 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:When did Bellew, pretty much a bum, become a banger? He couldn't even hurt Cleverley in their rematch when Cleverley basically stopped throwing after 3 rounds. Haye's going end this chumps career

Cleverly has a really solid chin, though. Bellew has always been a banger (check out his amateur contest against Jon-Lewis Dickinson) but often over shoots his shots and smothers his own work. He's been better of late.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 03 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

Bellew has respectable power for a light heavyweight/cruiser but nothing special and he is not gonna have anywhere near the power to keep a 16st.9oz heavyweight. The sad reality is Bellew is really only a light heavy even at cruiser he is flabby, Haye is now a full fledged Heavyweight. Eddie Hearn has pretty much conned the casual fans into buying a fight between a Pitbull and a Jack Russell.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 4:46 pm

Bellew has decent power but by no means a banger. Cleverly is a good example as he has a decent chin but look at what Kov did to him at LHW compared to Bellew in both fights who didn't really make a dent. Kov is a banger Bellew is not.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 4:57 pm

Bellew for me has nothing to suggest he has anything in his arsenal to beat Haye

Punch power: Couldn't even knockdown Clevery in fight number 2 even though Clev stopped fighting halfway through

Chin: Got destroyed by Stevenson who is a light heavyweight

Boxing ability: Probably his strongest area but Haye will not be looking to go the 12 rounds

Haye KO in round 3 for me

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:08 pm

I think it will be over in 1.......But Perhaps a bit harsh to chuck the Stevenson kO at Bellew because like Roger Mayweather who had no chin at 130 but a better one at 140...He was draining to make 175 and it effects your ability to take a shot....

However his chin isn't great at Cruiser.......

Haye is 16 stone.....and more importantly carries a 16 stone Heavies punch...

It's over as soon as he lands..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:38 pm

I dont think Bellew was ever weight drained at L/Heavy i think he moved up because he realised he never had a hope of winning a belt. I am really not having a bloke clearly carrying flab at cruiser weight cant be a comfortable L/Heavy if he trains properly. He is tall and skinny never got the frame to be in a heavyweight match. Honestly if Haye wants to this fight could be over inside of a couple of minutes, he easily could walk through Bellew and destroy him at will. Only thing that will keep Bellew conscious will be if Haye want to give the PPV viewers a couple of extra rounds of action.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:45 pm

Ladbrokes got David Haye - Rounds 1-3 at 7/4

That's worth a £15 bet I reckon

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:59 pm

Pretty generous odds considering its a serious mismatch in a 2 horse race. I dont tend to bet much unless i am super confident, but for this one will have a good sniff around all the bookies and have a decent punt on Haye for a quick win.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

Yeh looks generous. Maybe they've heard he's going to carry him a few rounds.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:14 pm

When josh fought Charles the odds seemed better round by round than grouped rounds. So I bet on the first 4 rounds and made a few quid. Just checked paddy power, haye is anything from 9:1 to 6:1 for the early rounds. Bet on each of up to the first 5 rounds individually and your quids in.... if it happens of course.

From the odds, the bookies think it's a 3/4 round fight... which looks about par to me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

Probably worth a smaller covering bet for 4-6 just in case. Might be worth few bob individually on rounds 1 and 2 as well.

Last edited by hogey on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

David Haye - Rounds 4-6 is 5/2 at the moment (Ladbrokes)

That's even better odds at £15

I think Haye will want to make a point and demolish him early

I'm gonna go for Rounds 1-3 and hope Haye doesn't mess about

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:21 pm

Too be fair as much as Haye wont want the PPV to bomb, he will not want the embarrassment of people thinking a fighter of Bellew's size and average ability can give him any problems.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:22 pm

Actually I might chuck a fiver on Haye 4-6 then that will pretty much cover the loss if it goes past 3

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

hogey wrote:Too be fair as much as Haye wont want the PPV to bomb, he will not want the embarrassment of  people thinking a fighter of Bellew's size and average ability can give him any problems.
Once the fight starts the PPV money has already been cashed in. Haye is free to take him out whatever time he feels like then

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 6:54 pm

Right ok...I have worked it out based on current odds (I bet at Ladbrokes)

If I put £20 on Haye rounds 1-3 I'll get back £55

Then put a cheeky £6 side bet on Haye rounds 4-6. I get back £21 which then cuts my losses down to a mere £5 which I can handle

So you either double your money and a bit more or lose a £5

If none of my results come through I'll just have to find out where my mother keeps her purse

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by peppie Fri 03 Mar 2017, 7:43 pm

hogey wrote:Too be fair as much as Haye wont want the PPV to bomb, he will not want the embarrassment of  people thinking a fighter of Bellew's size and average ability can give him any problems.

I don't think Haye will give a toss if the PPV bombs, he's said all along it's mismatch. It's Hearn that will look like a d*ck if it's over in 30 seconds and to be honest I'm sure there is nothing that Haye would like more!

peppie

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 03 Mar 2017, 10:43 pm

Steffan wrote:Right ok...I have worked it out based on current odds (I bet at Ladbrokes)

Then put a cheeky £6 side bet on Haye rounds 4-6. I get back £21 which then cuts my losses down to a mere £5 which I can handle

If none of my results come through I'll just have to find out where my mother keeps her purse

I think i will do similar Steffan, will be laying a little more down but the principal will be the same. Lets hope we are toasting Haye this time tomorrow mate Bubbly

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:23 pm

hogey wrote:
Steffan wrote:Right ok...I have worked it out based on current odds (I bet at Ladbrokes)

I think i will do similar Steffan, will be laying a little more down but the principal will be the same. Lets hope we are toasting Haye this time tomorrow mate Bubbly
Let's hope so mate OK

This as inspired me to put even more on an early knockout

David Haye v Tony Bellew - Who do you want to win? - Page 2 17022079_10154640521178089_6934409711878642968_n

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 04 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm

Just been reading through some of the stuff on skysports and bbc....I am embarassed by my own profession at times (ok quite a lot of the time)..the amount of pundits, journalists and so called experts that are even giving Bellew a chance is laughable.

I mean even the ex fighters themselves are saying he can do it....Carl Froch thinks this fight is a massive risk for Haye... Paul Smith believes that Bellew has a very good boxing brain and will make Haye work in the early rounds before dragging him into the later rounds...

Come on now...I know as employees of SKY they have the same impetus to promote the fight as the fighters themselves...but get real and actually use what knowledge of the game you have for once. Say it as it is...MASSIVE mismatch...well done Bellew for talking yourself into a PPV yet again but he simply cannot win this fight unless Haye actually loses a toe on the way to the ring, tears his rotator cuff as he holds his hands up during ring announcements and then snaps his achilles as he walks to the middle....and even then Bellew will likely need a sniper to help put him down.

I could buy into a Bellew shock win if the man was genuinely a hard puncher...but anything above European/Domestic level fighters he has hardly made a dent.. Cleverely twice...Stevenson...Masternak.. add to the fact he has been put on his arse a fair few times by light heavyweights and cruiserweights & you'd have to agree with Haye, unless the scouser has had a combination of Froch/Matthysse/Marquez chins transplanted onto him then their is no way he is taking even a 75% flush shot on the head from Haye.

Haye KO 2nd or 3rd...I would put something on Bellew if the odds were generous but even the bookies seem to believe it's closer than it is 6/1?! Give over...I'd put him almost as far out as Joshua's last two opponents.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Sun 05 Mar 2017, 9:40 am

Might want to quietly delete that post ozzy mate haha. Just shoes how anything can happen in boxing at times!

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 13 Mar 2017, 4:53 pm

This thread went awfully quiet post fight Laugh

Still counting your winnings Steffany? Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 13 Mar 2017, 6:13 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:This thread went awfully quiet post fight Laugh

No but I bet you and all the other lazy jobless victimised scousers who put your dole money on Bellew made more in one night than you do all year. Well done Smile

Regards

Steffany

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 15 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

Steffan wrote:

No but I bet you and all the other lazy jobless victimised scousers who put your dole money on Bellew made more in one night than you do all year. Well done Smile

Regards

Steffany

Now was there any need for that. Obviously this loss hurt you more then I thought........... Wink

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 15 Mar 2017, 3:56 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Regards

Steffany

Now was there any need for that. Obviously this loss hurt you more then I thought........... Wink
A little bit but I'll be glad to see the back of Haye so well done Bellew on that one

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2