6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by George Carlin on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

  
IRELAND v ENGLAND
18 March 2017
KO: 17:00 GMT
Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Referee: Jerome Garces (France)
Touch judges: Mathieu Raynal (France) & Marius Mitrea (Italy)
TMO: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

Live on [BBC, RTE, DMAX, FR2, ITV (H)]

A. Head to Head

131 Played 131
47 Won 76
8 Drawn 8
76 Lost 47
1,079 Points 1,526

B. Recent Form

27 February 2016
Twickenham, London
21 – 10 to England

5 September 2015
Twickenham, London
21 – 13 to England

1 March 2015
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
19 – 9 to Ireland

22 February 2014
Twickenham, London
13 – 10 to England

10 February 2013
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
6 – 12 to England

17 March 2012
Twickenham, London
30 – 9 to England

C. Teams

IRELAND

Payne; Earls, Ringrose, Henshaw, Zebo; Sexton, Marmion; McGrath, Best (captain), Furlong; Ryan, Henderson; Stander, O'Brien, Heaslip,

Replacements: Scannell, Healy, Ryan, Toner, O'Mahony, McGrath, Jackson, Conway.

ENGLAND

Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Marler, Hartley (captain), Cole; Launchbury, Lawes; Itoje, Haskell, B Vunipola.

Replacements: George, M Vunipola, Sinckler, Wood, Hughes, Care, Te'o, Nowell.


Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13950
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down


Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

My predictions:

30 - 0 to Ireland. Farrell to get sent off for punching Mike Brown in the face.

Cian Healy to come in a calm things down. Hartley accidentally bites himself and the resulting injury rules him out of the Lions tour.

Andy Farrell to celebrate/give the finger to the crowd at the final whistle.

Weeks later George Ford is revealed to be a spy for the Ireland team.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:20 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:It was nice being able to understand what was being said.  

Said the baaaarf supporter. Found your combine 'arvester yet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm not from Glawster.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Geen sport voor watjes on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:It was nice being able to understand what was being said.  

Said the baaaarf supporter. Found your combine 'arvester yet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm not from Glawster.

Couldn't give a flying mate. You all sound the same to me

Geen sport voor watjes

Posts : 363
Join date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

My opinion will be we will use Henshaw to keep the English backrow looking after ford and Jared will be joining the line to cause some damage.
Although we need to get the ball first, and not kick it straight down Watson or Daly's throat. And take big billy around the ankles behind the gain line. And stop itojie from stealing and disrupting rucks. And mark jj out of the game, and not give Farrell and kicks, and not let Young's dictate the pace. And stop the English second rows from dominating the lineout. And brown.....Well actually not bothered about him.
So simply stop 14 of the starting 15 England players getting I to a rhythm and we will win it.
Easy as pish Whistle




Watch brown score a hat trick now

carpet baboon

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by cascough on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

cascough

Posts : 760
Join date : 2016-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by SecretFly on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:31 pm

cascough wrote:I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

Oh he is. No doubt about that. You can't ignore him.

SecretFly

Posts : 26278
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:31 pm

Gained more metres than any other player too.

Scottrf

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:It was nice being able to understand what was being said.  

Said the baaaarf supporter. Found your combine 'arvester yet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm not from Glawster.

Couldn't give a flying mate. You all sound the same to me

Still biting! thumbsup
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Geen sport voor watjes on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:It was nice being able to understand what was being said.  

Said the baaaarf supporter. Found your combine 'arvester yet Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm not from Glawster.

Couldn't give a flying mate. You all sound the same to me

Still biting! thumbsup

Sorry couldn't understand the accent can you repeat please

Geen sport voor watjes

Posts : 363
Join date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

Banter on this thread is electric.

Hope Eddie says something controversial soon to move the conversation on.

Scottrf

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:38 pm

cascough wrote:I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

Well its not actually true either. Brown has beaten 11 defenders Kearney 12 for example.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:38 pm

Eddie says Ireland are favorites. lol.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by SecretFly on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Eddie says Ireland are favorites. lol.

Well, he's right again. Most folks around the world will want us to win to consign another batch of England Grand Slam shirts to the darkest recesses of the wardrobes.

SecretFly

Posts : 26278
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by BigTrevsbigmac on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

Conor Murray out injured

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 2836
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:43 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Conor Murray out injured

Fell off his horse when he turned up for training.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:45 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
cascough wrote:I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

Well its not actually true either. Brown has beaten 11 defenders Kearney 12 for example.

I must admit, I don't rate either. Both sides need better really, the Irish is pretty average these days for such a good side.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 33022
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

I can't remember Brown making one clean break so far, he used to do it every game countless times.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
cascough wrote:I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

Well its not actually true either. Brown has beaten 11 defenders Kearney 12 for example.

I must admit, I don't rate either. Both sides need better really, the Irish is pretty average these days for such a good side.

well Jerid Pine is playing at 15 for Ireland on Sat.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by beshocked on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:50 pm

cascough wrote:I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

With the amount of ball, Brown has had you'd hope so too!

18 runs vs Scotland.....

How many clean breaks has Brown made?

Joint top in defenders beaten for England with Hughes - not surprising when Hughes also carries the ball a lot too.

Hughes has the most carries with 62. Brown can't be far behind.


beshocked

Posts : 14563
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:51 pm

beshocked wrote:
cascough wrote:I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

With the amount of ball, Brown has had you'd hope so too!

18 runs vs Scotland.....

How many clean breaks has Brown made?

Joint top in defenders beaten for England with Hughes - not surprising when Hughes also carries the ball a lot too.

Hughes has the most carries with 62. Brown can't be far behind.


Against Scotland he beat 2 defenders. He beat three in all other games.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Sin é on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:52 pm

beshocked wrote:JP Doyle is one of the worst refs.

Barnes is quality.

Shouldn't use him as a scapegoat for your toothless attack vs Wales.

The so called controversial decisions weren't really controversial - Sexton was preventing quick ball on his line. Henshaw deserved to be penalised.

You think Barnes is quality because he never refs England. Ireland gave away something like 4 penalties to Wales and yet gets yellow carded while wales gave away about 12 penalties.

avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13162
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

By the way I'm not saying brown isn't good, he is. But with the options you have your back 3 could be a lot more dangerous

carpet baboon

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm

Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:JP Doyle is one of the worst refs.

Barnes is quality.

Shouldn't use him as a scapegoat for your toothless attack vs Wales.

The so called controversial decisions weren't really controversial - Sexton was preventing quick ball on his line. Henshaw deserved to be penalised.

You think Barnes is quality because he never refs England. Ireland gave away something like 4 penalties to Wales and yet gets yellow carded while wales gave away about 12 penalties.

There's this thing in rugby where cynical infringements near the try line are more likely to get yellow cards.

You'd think Ireland fans would try to get away from this pathetic whingy reputation they are getting.

Scottrf

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:55 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
cascough wrote:I believe it's been pointed out Mike Brown has beaten more defenders than any other FB this 6N. I know it's not a popular opinion, but he is actually pretty good!

Well its not actually true either. Brown has beaten 11 defenders Kearney 12 for example.

He meant going forwards Very Happy

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18995
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by marty2086 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:56 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:JP Doyle is one of the worst refs.

Barnes is quality.

Shouldn't use him as a scapegoat for your toothless attack vs Wales.

The so called controversial decisions weren't really controversial - Sexton was preventing quick ball on his line. Henshaw deserved to be penalised.

You think Barnes is quality because he never refs England. Ireland gave away something like 4 penalties to Wales and yet gets yellow carded while wales gave away about 12 penalties.

There's this thing in rugby where cynical infringements near the try line are more likely to get yellow cards.

You'd think Ireland fans would try to get away from this pathetic whingy reputation they are getting.

You mean like the 3 cynical infringements Wales had prior to the yellow? Or like the numerous warnings Wales had for holding Irish players in the ruck trying to get penalties just like Davies did with the yellow?

Like those you mean?

marty2086

Posts : 8290
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GeordieFalcon on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:56 pm

It could be a cracker in all honesty...as long as both teams go for it and don't cancel each other down into a game of chess....

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 18995
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

marty2086 wrote:You mean like the 3 cynical infringements Wales had prior to the yellow? Or like the numerous warnings Wales had for holding Irish players in the ruck trying to get penalties just like Davies did with the yellow?

Like those you mean?
In the other 70 minutes of the game you also scored 0 tries.

Scottrf

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Sin é on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:JP Doyle is one of the worst refs.

Barnes is quality.

Shouldn't use him as a scapegoat for your toothless attack vs Wales.

The so called controversial decisions weren't really controversial - Sexton was preventing quick ball on his line. Henshaw deserved to be penalised.

You think Barnes is quality because he never refs England. Ireland gave away something like 4 penalties to Wales and yet gets yellow carded while wales gave away about 12 penalties.

There's this thing in rugby where cynical infringements near the try line are more likely to get yellow cards.

You'd think Ireland fans would try to get away from this pathetic whingy reputation they are getting.

You mean like when George North should have got a yellow card, if not a penalty try for lying on the ball near the Welsh tryline instead of just giving away a penalty?
avatar
Sin é

Posts : 13162
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:59 pm

Sin é wrote:You mean like when George North should have got a yellow card, if not a penalty try for lying on the ball near the Welsh tryline instead of just giving away a penalty?
Might be interested in looking into incidents if the complaining about the referee didn't begin before the game. It's confirmation bias and I'm sure there were issues on both sides, that's what happens in a game of rugby. If you have a problem with a referee you can provide evidence he was biased against you. Barnes had a good game.


Last edited by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm

Its always the same story with Barnes you can justify the penalties or the cards he gave against Ireland he however, often doesnt hold the other team to the same standards. He is desperately inconsistent to such an extent he has been accused by a world cup winning coach of match fixing.

how anyone thinks it isnt completely dodgy that he refs Ireland v Wales games every year including on two occasions when the appointed ref has dropped out at the last minute is beyond me.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by marty2086 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:01 pm

Scottrf wrote:
marty2086 wrote:You mean like the 3 cynical infringements Wales had prior to the yellow? Or like the numerous warnings Wales had for holding Irish players in the ruck trying to get penalties just like Davies did with the yellow?

Like those you mean?
In the other 70 minutes of the game you also scored 0 tries.

Whats that got to do with it?

marty2086

Posts : 8290
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:02 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Sin é wrote:You mean like when George North should have got a yellow card, if not a penalty try for lying on the ball near the Welsh tryline instead of just giving away a penalty?
Might be interested in looking into incidents if the complaining about the referee didn't begin before the game. It's confirmation bias and I'm sure there were issues on both sides, that's what happens in a game of rugby. If you have a problem with a referee you can provide evidence he was biased against you. Barnes had a good game.

You havent a clue Scott. I doubt you have seen all Ireland v Wales games that Barnes has reffed.

There is catalogue of evidence over the years and they have been summarised many times on this forum.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by TightHEAD on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:03 pm

Can we stay on topic?

Wayne Barnes isn't refereeing this game.
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:03 pm

Alright, Barnes beat Ireland. You're the rightful winners. Luckily he's not refereeing this game. No excuses?

Scottrf

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm

Yea, just seen Kearney is injured. No huge loss really, Payne is arguably a better option.

Sgt_Pooly

Posts : 33022
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Yea, just seen Kearney is injured. No huge loss really, Payne is arguably a better option.


Errr arguably? Try a country frickin mile better

carpet baboon

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:06 pm

Scottrf wrote:Alright, Barnes beat Ireland. You're the rightful winners. Luckily he's not refereeing this game. No excuses?

Not saying that, I think Wales were very good and on this occasion probably good enough to beat Ireland anyway. Its a shame it has to be reffed each year by such an incompetent buffoon.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by beshocked on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm

Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:JP Doyle is one of the worst refs.

Barnes is quality.

Shouldn't use him as a scapegoat for your toothless attack vs Wales.

The so called controversial decisions weren't really controversial - Sexton was preventing quick ball on his line. Henshaw deserved to be penalised.

You think Barnes is quality because he never refs England. Ireland gave away something like 4 penalties to Wales and yet gets yellow carded while wales gave away about 12 penalties.


Doesn't seem like he was particularly biased towards Wales if he penalised them 3 times more.

Let's be honest you'd find a reason to complain about Barnes.

I’d admit that the Henshaw call was a tough one but was technically correct. Sure Ireland perhaps don’t get Barnes doing them many favours but then again he’s not as bad as you think.

I've seen refs put in much more one sided performances than Barnes.

beshocked

Posts : 14563
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by B91212 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Henderson starts too.
As an England fan my first thought when I read this was good, hopefully that means they have dropped the (in my opinion underrated) Ryan. Was disappointed to read on and find it was Toner who had dropped to the bench. Still think your backrow would be more balanced with POM starting and SOB coming off the bench against tired legs but I guess JS wants his big carriers running at Ford from the off. Plus it's not like England have the pure breakdown specialists that Wales do. Although POM may have helped the Irish lineout as well.

Looking forward to the game but very nervous.

B91212

Posts : 1672
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:15 pm

beshocked wrote:
Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:JP Doyle is one of the worst refs.

Barnes is quality.

Shouldn't use him as a scapegoat for your toothless attack vs Wales.

The so called controversial decisions weren't really controversial - Sexton was preventing quick ball on his line. Henshaw deserved to be penalised.

You think Barnes is quality because he never refs England. Ireland gave away something like 4 penalties to Wales and yet gets yellow carded while wales gave away about 12 penalties.


Doesn't seem like he was particularly biased towards Wales if he penalised them 3 times more.

Let's be honest you'd find a reason to complain about Barnes.

I’d admit that the Henshaw call was a tough one but was technically correct. Sure Ireland perhaps don’t get Barnes doing them many favours but then again he’s not as bad as you think.

I've seen refs put in much more one sided performances than Barnes.

No he definitely is. Do some research online no current referee has attracted as much controversy nor criticism as Barnes.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Scottrf on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:16 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:No he definitely is. Do some research online no current referee has attracted as much controversy nor criticism as Barnes.
Want research? We should use facts, not opinion as confirmation bias shows that if you have an opinion you wont change it in the face of evidence.

He's refereed 10 Six Nations games for Ireland.

Ireland have conceded more penalties than their opponents on 2 of the 10 occasions.

Ireland have conceded 106 penalties, their opponents 126.

Ireland have received 7 yellow cards, their opponents 9.

Scottrf

Posts : 13019
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by SecretFly on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:17 pm

Any which way you look at it, Ireland are in for a kicking.  

England have won their Championship so they can concentrate on the kicking.
England are good enough to give us a heck of a kicking.
If we get a kicking from England then Ireland fans will give the Irish team (coaches and players) a monumental kicking for an overall 6Ns performance not remotely good enough.

England are good enough to give us a heck of a kicking.
Therefore if we win, we'll have to have had a helluva game.
If we have a helluva game and give England a kicking, Ireland fans will give the Irish team (coaches and players) a monumental kicking and demand explanations for why these performances are still never consistent/predictable.

Ireland in for a kicking, win or lose.
Looking forward to it actually. We need a kicking.

SecretFly

Posts : 26278
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by SecretFly on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:18 pm

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:No he definitely is. Do some research online no current referee has attracted as much controversy nor criticism as Barnes.
Want research? We should use facts, not opinion as confirmation bias shows that if you have an opinion you wont change it in the face of evidence.

He's refereed 10 Six Nations games for Ireland.

Ireland have conceded more penalties than their opponents on 2 of the 10 occasions.

Ireland have conceded 106 penalties, their opponents 126.

Ireland have received 7 yellow cards, their opponents 9.

Thus the mystery? Whistle

SecretFly

Posts : 26278
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:26 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:No he definitely is. Do some research online no current referee has attracted as much controversy nor criticism as Barnes.
Want research? We should use facts, not opinion as confirmation bias shows that if you have an opinion you wont change it in the face of evidence.

He's refereed 10 Six Nations games for Ireland.

Ireland have conceded more penalties than their opponents on 2 of the 10 occasions.

Ireland have conceded 106 penalties, their opponents 126.

Ireland have received 7 yellow cards, their opponents 9.

Thus the mystery? Whistle

Ireland have also conceded above their average haul of penalties when he refs and have won way below their average win loss ratio.

Also how many of those games were against Wales?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Geen sport voor watjes on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:30 pm

And I thought the bad result n the World Cup and this and last years six nations results were down to Joe and his tactics. It's now clear it was Wayne... I bet he disguised himself as Garces and Owens and secretly refereed some games. Good accent as well

Geen sport voor watjes

Posts : 363
Join date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by cascough on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:No he definitely is. Do some research online no current referee has attracted as much controversy nor criticism as Barnes.
Want research? We should use facts, not opinion as confirmation bias shows that if you have an opinion you wont change it in the face of evidence.

He's refereed 10 Six Nations games for Ireland.

Ireland have conceded more penalties than their opponents on 2 of the 10 occasions.

Ireland have conceded 106 penalties, their opponents 126.

Ireland have received 7 yellow cards, their opponents 9.

Thus the mystery? Whistle

Ireland have also conceded above their average haul of penalties when he refs and have won way below their average win loss ratio.

Also how many of those games were against Wales?

But even if that's the case, neither of those two things imply bias when set against the statistics provided to you.

cascough

Posts : 760
Join date : 2016-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

B91212 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Henderson starts too.
As an England fan my first thought when I read this was good, hopefully that means they have dropped the (in my opinion underrated) Ryan. Was disappointed to read on and find it was Toner who had dropped to the bench. Still think your backrow would be more balanced with POM starting and SOB coming off the bench against tired legs but I guess JS wants his big carriers running at Ford from the off. Plus it's not like England have the pure breakdown specialists that Wales do. Although POM may have helped the Irish lineout as well.

Looking forward to the game but very nervous.

I'm happy Toner has been dropped to the bench. Best took a lot of flak for the lineout malfunction against Wales, but I do think Toner was the issue. Hopefully we see a marked improvement, although I would have liked POM to start to help in that regard.

Delighted Payne is at 15. Much better than Kearney.

Losing Murray is a bit of a blow, but I don't think Marmion will let us down. I don't think Sexton deserves a start after his poor performance last week, but he would be a risk coming off the bench, so fair enough. Hoping he will have one of his good games, and not come off injured after 10 minutes, if he is on form.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:38 pm

cascough wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:No he definitely is. Do some research online no current referee has attracted as much controversy nor criticism as Barnes.
Want research? We should use facts, not opinion as confirmation bias shows that if you have an opinion you wont change it in the face of evidence.

He's refereed 10 Six Nations games for Ireland.

Ireland have conceded more penalties than their opponents on 2 of the 10 occasions.

Ireland have conceded 106 penalties, their opponents 126.

Ireland have received 7 yellow cards, their opponents 9.

Thus the mystery? Whistle

Ireland have also conceded above their average haul of penalties when he refs and have won way below their average win loss ratio.

Also how many of those games were against Wales?

But even if that's the case, neither of those two things imply bias when set against the statistics provided to you.

Yes they do.

Can you explain why a guy who went to school in wales and grew up 10 miles from Wales has reffed the majority of Ireland v Wales games in the last 10 years?


Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Geen sport voor watjes on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:39 pm

Oh no they dont

Pantomime season is starting early...

Geen sport voor watjes

Posts : 363
Join date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Geen sport voor watjes on Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:40 pm

Munchkin wrote:
B91212 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Henderson starts too.
As an England fan my first thought when I read this was good, hopefully that means they have dropped the (in my opinion underrated) Ryan. Was disappointed to read on and find it was Toner who had dropped to the bench. Still think your backrow would be more balanced with POM starting and SOB coming off the bench against tired legs but I guess JS wants his big carriers running at Ford from the off. Plus it's not like England have the pure breakdown specialists that Wales do. Although POM may have helped the Irish lineout as well.

Looking forward to the game but very nervous.

I'm happy Toner has been dropped to the bench. Best took a lot of flak for the lineout malfunction against Wales, but I do think Toner was the issue. Hopefully we see a marked improvement, although I would have liked POM to start to help in that regard.

Delighted Payne is at 15. Much better than Kearney.

Losing Murray is a bit of a blow, but I don't think Marmion will let us down. I don't think Sexton deserves a start after his poor performance last week, but he would be a risk coming off the bench, so fair enough. Hoping he will have one of his good games, and not come off injured after 10 minutes, if he is on form.

Especially as Jackson will be the fall guy if they lose

Geen sport voor watjes

Posts : 363
Join date : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum