2017 F1 season discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2017 F1 season discussion thread

Post by GSC on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 9:24 am

How much performance were Mercedes and RB holding back over the winter. Can Ferrari stop infighting long enough to launch a title bid. Will McLaren be taking engine penalties by Spain
GSC

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 F1 season discussion thread

Post by dyrewolfe on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 12:52 pm

Unfortunately, I suspect (like most people probably) that Merc were sandbagging during testing.

Its well known that teams can run their engines in a "de-tuned" state, to help preserve them. Honda openly admitted doing this...though they had more reason than most.

I reckon Mercedes will still have a second in hand over anyone else. Think it could be a close fight between Ferrari, Red Bull and Williams for the podiums.

Barring mechanical issues and driver errors, I'm still expecting Merc to be fairly dominant - though maybe not as many front row lockouts and 1-2 finishes.
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

Most people understand that Formula 1s viewership is in decline, hence why Mercedes(Wolff and Hamilton) suggesting that Ferrari are 'actually fastest'. Trying to gather more interest back into the sport lost by first Red Bull racing's domination, which was promptly followed by mercedes' even more dominant ruling of the sport.

Now let's say Ferrari are actually fastest and say they win 2/3 of the flyaway races. Then maybe many casual fans will be interested again.

But if Mercedes after all the hype building of Ferrari rock up and win by lapping everyone it would be another nail in the coffin

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum