The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Won a tournament at your club? Chance to play at British Masters Pro-Am

+2
raycastleunited
I'm never wrong
6 posters

Go down

Won a tournament at your club? Chance to play at British Masters Pro-Am Empty Won a tournament at your club? Chance to play at British Masters Pro-Am

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 22 Mar 2017, 8:46 am

Bridgestone is sponsoring a tournament for winners of club tournaments which could lead - admittedly after a few more tournaments - so chances are slim, to play at the British Masters Pro Am.
Details HERE. (I believe it's only for players in England?)

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Won a tournament at your club? Chance to play at British Masters Pro-Am Empty Re: Won a tournament at your club? Chance to play at British Masters Pro-Am

Post by raycastleunited Wed 22 Mar 2017, 12:45 pm

Looks like a competition for bandits

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Won a tournament at your club? Chance to play at British Masters Pro-Am Empty Re: Won a tournament at your club? Chance to play at British Masters Pro-Am

Post by George1507 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm

The strange thing about this is that it's based on a club competition from 2016. So if your club played an EGU medal, then it really should be that one. It's the best 120 against CSS in each region, so if you won in a gale or rain, you aren't likely to be one of the 120.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:06 pm

Isn't it essentially a marketing campaign?

That isn't to say you shouldn't enter it or that it wouldn't be fun but maybe the first couple of posters are looking at this a little too much from the club golfer perspective?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:41 pm

McLaren wrote:Isn't it essentially a marketing campaign?

That isn't to say you shouldn't enter it or that it wouldn't be fun but maybe the first couple of posters are looking at this a little too much from the club golfer perspective?

Any sponsorship is a marketing campaign, whether it's a local car dealer sponsoring a charity golf day or Coke sponsoring the Olympics. What's your point?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:50 pm

My point is who cares about css and the like, it is just meant as a bit of fun surely?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm

Isn't all golf supposed to be fun Mac?

Whether that's bounce games or competitions.

I played in something like this once, I think it was a Belhaven thing that was on Sky and played over Cardrona. It was a competition, but it was great fun. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:04 pm

McLaren wrote:My point is who cares about css and the like, it is just meant as a bit of fun surely?

You obviously didn't read the article, otherwise you would have understood George's comment.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm

It's the old Fullers London Pride Gold Medal thing, but with a new sponsor and a format tweak so instead of ultimately (after winning regional and national competitions) winning some cans of bitter <tongue in cheek emoji>, you probably get some tyres <shifts tongue to other cheek emoji> and a chance to play in the pro-am.

Previously (for us) we had a designated competition as a gold medal qualifier (at each local club) and the person that won that would go to the regional (our region was just IOM, so a "final" field of 8) with the winner of that going to play the final at Woodhall Spa for the aforementioned bitter. Lad I used to play with won ours and the regional final and said it was great at Woodhall.

Looks like you now have to enter at England golf (who then presumably check the scores you had in your win(s) last year at your club) and then the entrants who had a win in 2016 have their net compared to CSS to determine the top xx who will have the opportunity to play a regional "final" with the net winner(s) going forward to a national final with the top 9 playing a Bridgestone play-off with the winner(s?)get to go to the pro-am).

I'd give it a go if it wasn't for the travel to England as I think I won a medal with a -7 CSS. The regional winner used to have travel sponsored by the local Golf Union, but I'd guess that as entry is off your own back this wouldn't be subsidised.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 22 Mar 2017, 6:55 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:
I'd give it a go if it wasn't for the travel to England as I think I won a medal with a -7 CSS.

As I said, looks like a competition for bandits laughing

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 23 Mar 2017, 9:37 am

Laugh

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down