The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solomona declares allegiance to England

+19
carpet baboon
Recwatcher16
aucklandlaurie
Cyril
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
majesticimperialman
SecretFly
TrailApe
Hammersmith harrier
RuggerRadge2611
Gooseberry
BamBam
marty2086
No 7&1/2
cascough
chewed_mintie
Geordie
funnyExiledScot
chris_501
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Solomona declares allegiance to England - Page 3 Empty Solomona declares allegiance to England

Post by chris_501 Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sale star Denny Solomona has declared that he wants to represent England after he completed his 3 years of residency.

This doesn't sit well with me, just months after saying

“But my heart’s not here, it’s not for England. I play in Super League but my heart is for New Zealand and Samoa and that’s who I’ll be representing if they ask. I’d love to represent Samoa while my grandparents are alive, it would mean a lot to do that, but it would be good if New Zealand came calling. I would be open to any option.”

Not an England bashing thread, but it's one of the strongest examples of why the residency, and cross code representation needs looking at ASAP.

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Solomona declares allegiance to England - Page 3 Empty Re: Solomona declares allegiance to England

Post by Gooseberry Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:58 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Gooseberry wrote:

Its true, Englanders are too stupid to even use the quote function properly.

I'm a moron. The quote function however is vastly underutilised.

Fair

Once again there's no point to any contribution I've made to this thread other than to use insulting langauge and pretend that theres some kind of anti-Wales drama going on, whilst trying tio claim some kind of moral and intellectual high ground.

I'm comfortable with the quote function.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Solomona declares allegiance to England - Page 3 Empty Re: Solomona declares allegiance to England

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:39 am

Forget England, apparently Solomona is going to be a Lion too, happy days.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:32 am

Gwlad wrote:Forget England, apparently Solomona is going to be a Lion too, happy days.

Says WHO?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:39 am

There's a good outside chance of it.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:There's a good outside chance of it.

Says WHO?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:20 am

Think Austin Healey for one. You could look up the betting odds if you want.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:36 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Think Austin Healey for one. You could look up the betting odds if you want.

Healey?!!! laughing

Now there's a reliable source.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:39 am

3/1, better odds than Robshaw!

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:40 am

Good outside chance..hmmm

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:58 am

Who said reliable sources. You know what outside chance means?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:02 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Who said reliable sources. You know what outside chance means?

um, oxymoron aside, is it the same as 'good outside chance'?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:14 am

So you consider solomona not a good outside chance then? I think he may well be considered. Looks a great player. Will take a leap of faith.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:20 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:So you consider solomona not a good outside chance then? I think he may well be considered. Looks a great player. Will take a leap of faith.

It was you said he was a good outside chance - which makes no sense - and then revised it to outside chance, based on Austin Healey's opinion.

He won't go, it would be another Burgess and Gatland isn't as stupid as Lancaster.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:30 am

I'm not sure about that Gwlad...he took the Wales job

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:43 am

Gooseberry wrote:I'm not sure about that Gwlad...he took the Wales job

I expect that you're not old enough to appreciate that with Wales Gatland has been the most successful coach in 6 Nations history. And to top it off he is the most successful lions coach of the 21st century. So as stupid as Lancaster, don't think so.

I mean how embarrassing for Lancaster right, same cadre of players but he gets rolled at a home RWC by Gatland and then the RFU (Imports Division) brings on Eddie who does a 180. No wonder he's hiding in Ireland.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:00 am

So you don't think he's a good outside chance gwlad? How/who would you describe as one then?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:33 am

I wouldn't, that was your awful criteria.

Who would YOU choose as a good outside chance (no phone a friend to Austin either)

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Robshaw is probably nearest to an outside chance for me. Certainly not favourite to go with no 6 ns matches played but good enough.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:35 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Robshaw is probably nearest to an outside chance for me. Certainly not favourite to go with no 6 ns  matches played but good enough.

Just no reason to take him, nor justification.

Billy V, Faletau, Tipuric, Warburton, SOB and Stander. Each position can be covered by 3 players except 6 but Itoje can do a job there at club level.

Guaranteed we'll lose one or two to injury so POM and Moriarty on standby. Watson and Heaslip likewise and then and only then would i consider Robshaw who has played what? is it 1 game this year or two?

Also remember the Welsh squad will be in country so Lydiate, Morirarty etc will be on hand if required, likewise other winning Lion Jamie Roberts, Alex Cuthbert.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:49 am

Gwlad wrote:i dont get it

England are just doing what they bitched and moaned at NZ for years about, whats the problem?

Pro rugby is a business. Its not about being born in the country you play for its about how much wedgeola you can stuff up your shirt while you can. NZ have been importing their stars for ages and we all knew it, now England are just doing the same thing in their bid to become No 1. They broke their rule about foreign coaches and now they're bringing in Mercs and badging them with the Red Rose, everyone's a winner especially the game and 'England' right

Really? Which stars have NZ imported Gwlad? Which stars were already professionals like Solomona when we imported them? In a bid to become no. 1 that is? It must be a very prosperous process so the list must be immense. Care to share a few?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:57 am

Gwlad wrote:

I expect that you're not old enough to appreciate that with Wales Gatland has been the most successful coach in 6 Nations history. And to top it off he is the most successful lions coach of the 21st century.

Really?

How depressing then.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:59 am

Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

I expect that you're not old enough to appreciate that with Wales Gatland has been the most successful coach in 6 Nations history. And to top it off he is the most successful lions coach of the 21st century.  

Really?

How depressing then.

cheer up he'll be the next ABs coach Very Happy

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:05 am

I don't think gatland will be the next ABs coach because he lacks imagination and hasn't proved himself. You can keep him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:12 am

Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Really?

How depressing then.

Yes, thought you might say that. Good stock response.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:18 am

Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Really?

How depressing then.

Yes, thought that might be your reply in absence of anything else to say thumbsup

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:35 am

Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Really?

How depressing then.

Yes, thought that might be your reply in absence of anything else to say thumbsup

ok, you're one of those. You win then.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:37 am

Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Really?

How depressing then.

and you're one of those, dish it but can't take it back, typical sporting kiwi.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:45 am

Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Really?

How depressing then.

jeez Gwlad, didnt you read his post he said "you win", why cant you be as gracious as T/Man? By the way I cant see Gatty being the next ABs coach, anyway isnt he signed up with Wales for the rest of the decade.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:49 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Really?

How depressing then.

jeez Gwlad, didnt you read his post he said "you win", why cant you be as gracious as T/Man? By the way I cant see Gatty being the next ABs coach, anyway isnt he signed up with Wales for the rest of the decade.

Win what? i just gave him a bit back and he didn't like it but that, as i said, is typically Antipodean.

I imagine that having won in NZ this year with the Lions he will be perfectly placed to take over the All Blacks. I expect a 2-1 victory.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 am

Gwlad wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:

Really?

How depressing then.

Win what? i just gave him a bit back and he didn't like it but that, as i said, is typically Antipodean.

I imagine that having won in NZ this year with the Lions he will be perfectly placed to take over the All Blacks. I expect a 2-1 victory.

Not since 1971 ( i think it is ) since the Lions last won in (NEW ZEALAND)

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:45 pm

The lions definitely have the talent and the players.

The hardest part is getting them to blend as a team, each knowing the each others game like normal national sides do and doing it in a matter of weeks...

The AB's play like one entity, that's the biggest task facing the Lions...aside from the fact the AB's are just top class.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:The lions definitely have the talent and the players.

They certainly will if they select the best League players from around the world. And a couple of props.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Gwlad wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Robshaw is probably nearest to an outside chance for me. Certainly not favourite to go with no 6 ns  matches played but good enough.

Just no reason to take him, nor justification.

Billy V, Faletau, Tipuric, Warburton, SOB and Stander. Each position can be covered by 3 players except 6 but Itoje can do a job there at club level.

Guaranteed we'll lose one or two to injury so POM and Moriarty on standby. Watson and Heaslip likewise and then and only then would i consider Robshaw who has played what? is it 1 game this year or two?

Also remember the Welsh squad will be in country so Lydiate, Morirarty etc will be on hand if required, likewise other winning Lion Jamie Roberts, Alex Cuthbert.

Oh dear.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:35 pm

I reckon Roberts might go, for real.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Gwlad wrote:I reckon Roberts might go, for real.

I'd be surprised even if he is a fav of Gats - that pick would be on reputation that is over 4 years old. He also can't make the starting team for the fifth best team in Europe Wink

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 pm

?

started v Sarries and Falcons.

but yes i know what you mean.

Still think he might go. Gatlandball might be predictable but if he decides to use it at any point then Roberts has a role to play

He's also a winning Lion, a cracking tourist by all accounts and has a stethoscope.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3