The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you playing at the moment?

+26
Uryu Ishida
JuliusHMarx
Scott is Back
Galted
compelling and rich
gazzyD
Samo
Ent
lfc91
Steffan
ChequeredJersey
McLaren
MrPoncho
XR
Trebs
nadeem2099
Crimey
profitius
Scottrf
GSC
Pr4wn
Derbymanc
TrailApe
President Trump
rIck_dAgless
Hero
30 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What are you playing at the moment? Empty What are you playing at the moment?

Post by Pr4wn Wed 29 Mar 2017, 6:13 pm

Nice new thread to start!

I'm on Mass Effect Andromeda for the time being. Think the negative press is way overblown, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

What are you playing at the moment? Empty Re: What are you playing at the moment?

Post by Hero Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:00 pm

Not really ever tried the Mass Effect series and have the original trilogy free with EA Access so should really go through them.
Still on Overwatch here, level 209 atm and maining between D.Va and Symmetra currently.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

What are you playing at the moment? Empty Re: What are you playing at the moment?

Post by Pr4wn Wed 29 Mar 2017, 7:47 pm

But you're on XB1, right?

You really should try Mass Effect. I loved all of the original trilogy.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm

bit late but finally got round to playing arkham night.

ive downloaded mass effect from ea access but havent played any of them

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:18 am

Zelda Breath of the Wild

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:27 am

I'm slogging through Arkham City again, I loved Arkham Knight and the new one, whatever it's called but seem to find City a ballache (I hate the bits with Catwoman) although I had to laugh at the game ending after a couple of bad choices.

I'm also to my absolute shame, engrossed with Clicker Hero's on Steam, why? I have no idea it's a stupid concept and a stupid game but i gotta keep clicking them baddies

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 30 Mar 2017, 9:02 am

I have started FF15 so i'll be on that for awhile and I just the Premium for Battlefield One, the new map on the DLC are brilliant

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 30 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

Arkham City was by far the worst in the Arkham series, imho.

There's not a single Switch available here in Toronto, all sold out. So Zelda will have to wait, sadly.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:04 am

I'm on Andromeda at the minute and I can't understand the negativity.

Sure there are a few glitches, some of which can be quite amusing or frustrating in equal measure, but hells teeth, what do people want? I'm thinking the sort of gameplay some are calling for will be waaayy beyond the average 3 year old PC that most people have got.

And I'll admit it's taking a while to find out all of the stuff behind the scenes like research and How-To-Buy-Bad-Ass Assault Rifles etc. but it's still a good game - and with future patches and DLC can only get better.

TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:32 am

I find it really stops and starts Pr4wn, I actually nearly turned it off last night thinking i'd finished it (couldn't find anything else to do) ran about the city for 15 mins and then it flashed up saying i had to go and pick up the cure. Stoopid thing. (I really really hate the catwoman parts as well)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 31 Mar 2017, 1:37 pm

Agreed, Derby. I also found that I got lost around the city way too often, not knowing where to go next for a quest etc.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 31 Mar 2017, 2:50 pm

TrailApe wrote:I'm on Andromeda at the minute and I can't understand the negativity.

Sure there are a few glitches, some of which can be quite amusing or frustrating in equal measure, but hells teeth, what do people want? I'm thinking the sort of gameplay some are calling for will be waaayy beyond the average 3 year old PC that most people have got.

And I'll admit it's taking a while to find out all of the stuff behind the scenes like research and How-To-Buy-Bad-Ass Assault Rifles etc. but it's still a good game - and with future patches and DLC can only get better.

Anyone else find that line really sad, a game shouldn't have to get patched and have more content to be a good game, sad times

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 31 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

Agreed. I'm sick of games being released when they're clearly not finished yet.

Also, EA's habit of milking their customers with DLC does my head in.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:45 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Zelda Breath of the Wild

Just finished this today. The most enjoyable 4 weeks of gaming I've ever had. 11/10.

It even justifies the 400 quid outlay on the Switch Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:19 am

games with gold have some cracking titles this month

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 09 Apr 2017, 8:44 am

It appears I have finished Arham City (just not all the riddles) but I've spent 2 days running around trying to activate the main missions again after the last Catwoman level against two--face. Dunno but this just seemed meh and didn't feel like an end at all.

Arkham Origins now, lets hope that's better

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:09 pm

I've not long finished Horizon which I really enjoyed

Bought the Uncharted collection and started the first one but I'm really not enjoying it. All seems a bit average. Also picked up day of the tentacle on PS store for like 3 quid which is a bargain for a bit of nostalgia

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:19 pm

DOTT is brilliant, Sam N Max is the bees knees though :-). I started with Uncharted 3 which got me right into it, i read up on 1 and 2 and there were a lot of meh reviews so i haven't bothered (yet)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 11 Apr 2017, 3:50 pm

Uncharted 4 was great fun, if a little linear.

DOTT is a total classic. Love point-and-click games like that and Broken Sword.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 18 Apr 2017, 7:10 pm

Thought Mass Effect Andromeda was excellent but probably with the caveat I played after they patched a lot out I guess. Built to stand alone to the original trilogy so nobody needs to chug through those (though 2 and 3 are also excellent and free with EA Access if you haven't played them).
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 1:59 pm

Despite the awful reviews and general backlash I bought Kick Off Revival yesterday and wow...

How in this day and age they've managed to completely butcher one of the best football games ever made is beyond me. It's that bad you just HAVE to play it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 03 May 2017, 9:34 am

Might dig out the Witcher3 since I never really got started with it first time round. Worth putting time into?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 May 2017, 9:46 am

Fantastic game, GSC, if you like your action RPG's

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 May 2017, 10:22 am

Dota 2 again Shocked

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 May 2017, 10:43 am

Scottrf wrote:Dota 2 again Shocked

Same thing happens with me with Diablo III

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 03 May 2017, 11:30 am

GSC wrote:Might dig out the Witcher3 since I never really got started with it first time round. Worth putting time into?

yeah definitely, one of the best games ive played recently

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 03 May 2017, 1:27 pm

Loved the story and exploration of Waitcher 3 but I couldn't get on with the combat. Found it clunky.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 03 May 2017, 3:24 pm

I'm a big fan of most Bioware games, so would assume the story elements would appeal. Think I bought it around the time Legion came out so never got round to it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 13 May 2017, 8:51 am

Aliens Vs Predator (FPS) on PS3. It's pretty good to be fair and a lot similar (in style) to Star Wars rebel commander (or whatever it's called) Short levels but quite difficult. Also has scared the crap out of me in places (not as bad as Alien Isolation though)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 15 May 2017, 1:43 pm

I just started Little Nightmares. Great fun!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 23 May 2017, 9:21 pm

The walking dead game. It's the original game. Bought about 18 months ago on a steam sale but only just started playing it. Must say it's very good. If you're a fan of TWD you'll like it. It's probably a cross between tv and games rather than a normal game.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 23 May 2017, 9:56 pm

Made my Telltale, it's fantastic. Also really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us. I'm actually currently playing Tales From the Borderlands which is free on PS4 this month.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 24 May 2017, 8:38 am

I tried the back to the future one and got bored, tried the Jurassic Park one and couldn't get into it, need to check the Borderlands one to see if i can get into that.

Am now playing punch club after completing hotline Miami, I tried no.2 but found it really difficult and wasn't enjoying it.

Punch club is brilliant though. takes a little while to get into it but I love it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 24 May 2017, 9:06 am

The borderlands telltale game is pretty good.

The rest tend to be fairly mediocre in my experience.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 24 May 2017, 11:33 am

i tried the walking dead, couldnt get into it. think i need a bit more free role

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 24 May 2017, 11:36 am

Telltales very much a niche game developer. Classifying them as video games tends to be generous, interactive movies is a better description imo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 24 May 2017, 11:43 am

They remind me of the old 1980s/90s game called Dragon's Lair, a story in which occasionally you have to press a certain button to continue rather than a game. I enjoyed the journey within the Walking Dead game purely from a storytelling point but it did annoy me that you're really not in control of anything.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 25 May 2017, 11:12 am

Has anyone here received early access to the new Xbox Game pass?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 25 May 2017, 11:42 am

No what's that??

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 25 May 2017, 11:46 am

Xbox game pass is like EA access, you pay for a years subscription and you get to play certain games free, I got a 14 day free trial

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 25 May 2017, 11:49 am

Yeah it's available to me, haven't activated it yet, but I'm tempted. With EA Access, Games with Gold and the Xbox Game Pass, it'd mean in theory there's probably going to be 2-3 games a month that I'd like, which for a total cost of about £100 a year isn't bad at all.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 25 May 2017, 11:56 am

I think it said they will have 100+ games at launch for Xbox pass with more being added, it looks great if I'm honest

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 25 May 2017, 12:09 pm

President Trump wrote:I think it said they will have 100+ games at launch for Xbox pass with more being added, it looks great if I'm honest

I guess it depends on the quality of games, EA Pass is basically worth it for me just on a couple of games because it's so cheap, but this is more expensive and I'm worried it's going to be padded out with a load of old 360 games that I've already played or didn't want to play at the time.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 25 May 2017, 12:15 pm

To be honest having gone through the list of games, there's a metric ****ton of fluff.

They'd have been better off included these as part of gold to be honest. EA Access is cheaper and has much better games.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 25 May 2017, 12:20 pm

To be honest, it feels like they just took the 2-3 free games with gold, mashed it into a library and asked you to pay for access. Not for me unless the standard ramps up significantly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 25 May 2017, 12:46 pm

Of course there would be 90% fluff at this stage, I say they just want to get it out there and to say we have 100 odd games on launch but I should pick up in the future

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 25 May 2017, 12:58 pm

Eh, there's 3 or 4 games in there that I'd take, which isn't bad for the £8 a month.

I have a feeling this will end up phasing out Games with Gold though which is a shame.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 25 May 2017, 1:01 pm

Would expect other way around, heavyweights in now to promote it at launch.

That there really isn't much worries me
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 25 May 2017, 1:16 pm

Comes down to each person ultimately but for me it costs too and doesn't have a good enough library to sit on my account monthly imo, especially in comparison to what EA Access offers.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 30 May 2017, 11:15 am

Me and my sons have being playing a lot of Plants vs Zombies: GW2, its a fun game, good missions, survival mode, online gameplay and best of all its split screen

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next