The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Discussion

+2
Fernando
Afro
6 posters

Go down

Season 2 Discussion Empty Season 2 Discussion

Post by Afro Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 21:54

This page is for everyone to post their ideas for season 2, air what they didn't like in season 1
And for everyone to discuss and agree on what changes we will make.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Discussion Empty Re: Season 2 Discussion

Post by Fernando Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 22:45

Need more in league trading (maybe a transfer window) Double the TM Prices but keep lawyers the same so it incentives it.

Less repeatative injuries.
Possibly more lawyers.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 22:48

At the moment you get one extra TP for each lawyer, change it to one extra TP for each domestic
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 22:49

Whilst not a slots system like they use on Ja we could have categories for the voting decision?
2 points for home advantage
Up to 6 points each for first team
Up to 2 point for subs
Up to 10 points for tactics

So when making your decision you give a score of up to 20 with breakdown for the home team and up to 18 for the away one.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 22:49

I don't like that at all tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 22:52

Which one?

I quite like Heros idea. Raises the influence of tactics on results
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 22:53

Im not keen on the idea tbh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 5 Apr 2017 - 23:22

I would like to look at Transfers and squads as a whole.

I don't think it should be that people just hold out for TM updates (im not hating on it because i would do it too if i hadn't slacked at the start of the season).

I think people should look to build squads. I want to build my team from the ground up knowing that people aren't going to just slate it because its not as advanced. I think we need to look at it. I have always liked the idea of having under 25's or something in the squad and especially as some teams will be having a lot of money soon we will have the resources.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 8:33

Holymiky wrote:I would like to look at Transfers and squads as a whole.

I don't think it should be that people just hold out for TM updates (im not hating on it because i would do it too if i hadn't slacked at the start of the season).

I think people should look to build squads. I want to build my team from the ground up knowing that people aren't going to just slate it because its not as advanced. I think we need to look at it. I have always liked the idea of having under 25's or something in the squad and especially as some teams will be having a lot of money soon we will have the resources.

To an extent, Hero's idea for structure to voting does that as it puts more weight on tactics. You need a squad with different skills to be able to apply different tactics. You always need a broader squad to cover injuries, so that your weak points are not so easily exploited
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:32

Fernando wrote:Need more in league trading (maybe a transfer window) Double the TM Prices but keep lawyers the same so it incentives it.

Less repeatative injuries.
Possibly more lawyers.

How about:

drop to only 1 TP per week at TM value + 10%
3 lawyers - 1@ +5%, 2 nominated at -5%

Injuries - a player cannot be injured in consecutive weeks
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:41

I prefer Hero's system of deciding results - so you could get an total number of points from each person.
Then decide that 10 points advantage is required for a win, anything less and it's a draw.

Personally, my main gripe is with the boredom of transfers. This league is simply a case of working out who will get the biggest TM Value rise, sell them at lawyers (even at -10%). Then sign more players and the process keeps repeating.

I would suggest completely removing lawyers with the only option of selling off players through releases at 50% of value.

Regarding injuries - I don't think random.org is random enough. It's better than the classtools often used on ja, but from what I've seen it does give the same injuries repeatedly.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:45

Trebs wrote:I prefer Hero's system of deciding results - so you could get an total number of points from each person.
Then decide that 10 points advantage is required for a win, anything less and it's a draw.

Personally, my main gripe is with the boredom of transfers. This league is simply a case of working out who will get the biggest TM Value rise, sell them at lawyers (even at -10%). Then sign more players and the process keeps repeating.

I would suggest completely removing lawyers with the only option of selling off players through releases at 50% of value.

Regarding injuries - I don't think random.org is random enough. It's better than the classtools often used on ja, but from what I've seen it does give the same injuries repeatedly.

I like it too, although 10 points when you are scoring our 18/20 seems a bit wide
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:50

I was basing that off 3 x 20 = 60 where 10 points sounds more reasonable.

I would suggest doing a test friendly and working out the best way to do the system.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:51

You could combine the two systems (heros and the current one).

So whoever gets the most points gets that voters vote, and then it is either unanimous or split
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 13:53

Trebs wrote:I was basing that off 3 x 20 = 60 where 10 points sounds more reasonable.

I would suggest doing a test friendly and working out the best way to do the system.

Just realised my bad logic!!

And agree with the friendly idea
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 14:37

The problem with that for me is results in my mind is always a direct comparison of the teams rather than grading each individually.

If someone writes 8/10 tactics and someone else 6/10, but the 6/10 are perfectly suited to counter the 8/10 version then who gets more points? Seems counter intuitive to me.

Also players are worth at least as much as tactics in my mind, if not more.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 14:58

GSC wrote:The problem with that for me is results in my mind is always a direct comparison of the teams rather than grading each individually.

If someone writes 8/10 tactics and someone else 6/10, but the 6/10 are perfectly suited to counter the 8/10 version then who gets more points? Seems counter intuitive to me.

Also players are worth at least as much as tactics in my mind, if not more.

For me I thought it would be better to split the points rather than have separate grades.

So for instance, theres 20 up for grabs for tactics. If one team quite clearly outdoes the other - then you might say it's 15-5 or 16-4 to team A.

The problem is that it's a bit soft and people tend to not want to upset people so will pick a middle ground.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down