The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Football Podcast - "Is This Tottenham's Last Chance for a Title?"

Go down

V2 Football Podcast - "Is This Tottenham's Last Chance for a Title?" Empty V2 Football Podcast - "Is This Tottenham's Last Chance for a Title?"

Post by VDT Sat 22 Apr - 11:44

http://v2football.com/blog/v2-football-podcast-is-this-tottenhams-last-chance-for-a-title

Richard ‘Hero’ Hudson is joined by Nick Davie and Shane Lees

First up is a player who over the years I’ve shown my admiration for as a shining example of everything that is right in a modern footballer, my good old friend Carlos Tevez, yes this week the little Judas who’s raking in £615,000 a week, yes a week decided to miss his team Shanghai Shenua’s away game v Changchun Yatai to go and visit the local Disneyland, though as many parents will know it’s probably a good job that he earns that much knowing how much Disneyland charges for their meals!

In the Danish Superleague this week it was a heated derby between Brondby and Copenhagen, as the Copenhagen player Ludwig Augustinsson went to take a corner he was pelted with dead rats! Now firstly I wonder from this when in the mindset of a fan do they take the conscious decision to bring a number of dead rodents to a football match. On a whim I wouldn’t even dream of throwing a empty fanta bottle in the direction of the pitch but that’s some serious planning going on to both collect and then bring several dead rats to a football match with the intention of throwing them at opposing fans.

Continuing on from that game and the Tottenham result it’s now a 4 point gap at the top of the table with both teams having 6 games left to crown the champions, with 2 losses in the past 3 games are Chelsea showing signs of bottling it? Or have Spurs left it too late to mount a title push?

Behind them Liverpool are sitting pretty in 3rd place but have only 5 games left, City 2 points behind a game in hand and Utd in 5th place, 6 points behind but 2 games in hand. Arsenal are a further 3 points behind so I’m ruling those as clear outsiders at present but who do you two think will take the final two places in the top four?

Earlier on today the PFA team of the Year was announced
GK: David De Gea
RB: Kyle Walker
CB: David Luiz
CB: Gary Cahill
LB: Danny Rose
CM: Dele Alli
CM: N’Golo Kante
RW: Sadio Mane
LW: Eden Hazard
ST: Romelu Lukaku
ST: Harry Kane

So last thing I wanted to discuss and this is something we briefly mentioned earlier in the show is the Chinese Super League. With wages of over £600k per week for the likes of Tevez and the President of Tianjin Quanjin offering 650k a week to Costa is there going to be a tipping point in which the Chinese League not only appeals to what are deemed the ‘mercenary’ element of the game but will actually become a real powerhouse in football to rival the English, Spanish and German leagues?

if you’d like to listen to other shows or our sister shows you can do so at v2football.com, you can follow us on Twitter on @v2football and discuss football on the forum which is 606v2.com, thank you and goodnight!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down