The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 Semi Finals, build up and info

+29
toml
glamorganalun
Geen sport voor watjes
LeinsterFan4life
wolfball
marty2086
TightHEAD
profitius
No 7&1/2
The Great Aukster
Pot Hale
RDW
Rory_Gallagher
LondonTiger
tigertattie
Luckless Pedestrian
munkian
mikey_dragon
BamBam
Winzer
wayne
LordDowlais
eirebilly
No9
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ScarletSpiderman
thebandwagonsociety
RuggerRadge2611
Breadvan
33 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Pro12 Semi Finals, build up and info - Page 5 Empty Pro12 Semi Finals, build up and info

Post by LordDowlais Tue 16 May 2017, 4:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leinster Rugby
FRI 19 MAY
19:45
Scarlets
RDS ARENA

Munster Rugby
SAT 20 MAY
18:15
Ospreys
THOMOND PARK

No team news yet, nor any news on who is officiating, so here is the place to be just to talk about this weekends semi finals. I will update when needed.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi Finals, build up and info - Page 5 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi Finals, build up and info

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 20 May 2017, 6:53 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Once again we have a one-eyed Irish crowd booing all the correct decisions. It's high time you hypocrites stopped moaning about the Welsh now eh? Anyway, hope this one is a good game too and may the best team win.
Can't you Welsh ever just enjoy a victory? There's always a problem with something whether you win lose or draw. Stop worrying about what other fans are thinking and start supporting your regions.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Semi Finals, build up and info - Page 5 Empty Re: Pro12 Semi Finals, build up and info

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 20 May 2017, 6:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:We still don't shout "cheat". Get over it.

Why don't you get over that fair and accurate description ?

Because it's a load of crap, like the majority of your posts.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 7:00 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Once again we have a one-eyed Irish crowd booing all the correct decisions. It's high time you hypocrites stopped moaning about the Welsh now eh? Anyway, hope this one is a good game too and may the best team win.
Can't you Welsh ever just enjoy a victory? There's always a problem with something whether you win lose or draw. Stop worrying about what other fans are thinking and start supporting your regions.

Ospreys haven't won? I just find it ironic that the Irish have football-like crowds after spending years moaning about the Welsh in any shape or form across multiple forums. Usually it wouldn't bother me, I think it's the irony from you lot that makes me feel the need to mention it.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 7:01 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:We still don't shout "cheat". Get over it.

Why don't you get over that fair and accurate description ?

Because it's a load of crap, like the majority of your posts.

Well it takes one to know one Smile. Leave out the crap please Rory you're making us sick.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 20 May 2017, 7:01 pm

Nobody has mentioned the Welsh crowds on here for a while, apart from the Welsh. 

The professional victims.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 20 May 2017, 7:42 pm

Magnificent try.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 20 May 2017, 7:44 pm

The ospreys 12 giving the game to Munster. Utterly clueless defending
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 20 May 2017, 7:45 pm

One of the tries of the season in one of the poorest games of the season.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 20 May 2017, 7:49 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Ospreys haven't won? I just find it ironic that the Irish have football-like crowds after spending years moaning about the Welsh in any shape or form across multiple forums. Usually it wouldn't bother me, I think it's the irony from you lot that makes me feel the need to mention it.
What moaning? We don't care what the Welsh crowds are doing or should I say the few that bother to show up to support their region. Why do you care so much about what us Irish think of yous so much??

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 20 May 2017, 7:52 pm

I've ignore listed the troll, referring to Irish rugby fans as "you lot" should indicate why.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 7:56 pm

Good game between Munster and Ospreys anyway.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 20 May 2017, 7:57 pm

Wow. Front row chipping over Keith earls then skinning him in a foot race over the line. A more petulant winger you'll never find

Criminal that the try wasn't given
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 20 May 2017, 7:57 pm

Referee calls the tackle, tackler releases as he is told, the tackled player continues running. All right in front of the referee.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 7:58 pm

Lovely try by Zebo.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 7:59 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:I've ignore listed the troll, referring to Irish rugby fans as "you lot" should indicate why.

laughing

You lot know where you can stick those "Kiss me I'm Irish" tshirts right? Laugh Laugh Laugh

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:00 pm

Munster bossing the game now.

You can always rely on the reds to do the business.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:I've ignore listed the troll, referring to Irish rugby fans as "you lot" should indicate why.

laughing

You lot know where you can stick those "Kiss me I'm Irish" tshirts right? Laugh Laugh Laugh

I use mine as a dog blanket. Very cuddly.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 8:01 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

What moaning? We don't care what the Welsh crowds are doing or should I say the few that bother to show up to support their region. Why do you care so much about what us Irish think of yous so much??

Sly digs like the one you've put here us why some Welsh are going to keep mentioning it, much to your disappointment. Some of your fans are embarrassing so I hope they're not representing my Lions overseas.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:02 pm

Andrew Conway. Great player. Gives his all. Good to see a Leinsterman sealing the deal for the country cousins.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:03 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

Sly digs like the one you've put here us why some Welsh are going to keep mentioning it, much to your disappointment. Some of your fans are embarrassing so I hope they're not representing my Lions overseas.

They're not your Lions. They're our Lions.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 8:05 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:

They're not your Lions.  They're our Lions.  

Wink

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 8:06 pm

This hasn't been a good game to watch imo. Munster have strangled Ospreys and made their attack look pretty average with their rush defence. Munster deserved winners - you'll be playing a team in a rich vein of form in the final.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:07 pm

Scarlets are going to give Munster a much tougher match next week.

I'd certainly start them favourites. A Welsh victory would be good for the league and hopefully stir some more interest in the regions next season.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:08 pm

Well done Munster. Job done.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 8:08 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Scarlets are going to give Munster a much tougher match next week.

I'd certainly start them favourites. A Welsh victory would be good for the league and hopefully stir some more interest in the regions next season.

I agree, and there will be plenty of my Lions on display too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:10 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Scarlets are going to give Munster a much tougher match next week.

Indeed.   How many will there be?  Are there any in the Scarlets team?  Don't know the players that much, except for Ken Owens.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:12 pm

I like Donncha Ryan. Great character.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 20 May 2017, 8:12 pm

Scarlets look like the team to win it, but Munster won't let them attack as they were able to against Leinster last night.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 20 May 2017, 8:15 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Scarlets look like the team to win it, but Munster won't let them attack as they were able to against Leinster last night.

Possibly. But they're light of foot.

It's a good clash. Foley Emotion vs Welsh Hunger.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 20 May 2017, 8:17 pm

That's what I thought when the Ospreys won a couple of league titles in Dublin, but if anything the opposite happened unfortunately. I can't understand why the Scarlets don't get great crowds week in week out as it is. Great stadium, great team that plays an exciting brand of rugby, produce great young players and snap up some really good foreign players. If they can't even get behind the Scarlets there is no hope.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 8:36 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Indeed.   How many will there be?  Are there any in the Scarlets team?  Don't know the players that much, except for Ken Owens.

Plenty. Yes.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 20 May 2017, 8:36 pm

Even if the Scarlets did win, I don't think it'll make too much of a difference to the general fans interest in the league. I think our problems are to vast to be fixed/eased that easily sadly.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 20 May 2017, 8:41 pm

Folks there's been a fairly unpleasant atmosphere on here from several posters for both semi finals - can we please move on from this and focus on the rugby?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 20 May 2017, 8:46 pm

Pot Hale wrote:I like Donncha Ryan. Great character.

Munster legend. He's going to a French team right? hope he doesn't have to retire like fellow legend Paulie- player welfare just isn't high on some French teams agenda.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 20 May 2017, 8:50 pm

My comment was removed? Flip me, people are sensitive nowadays.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 20 May 2017, 8:50 pm

Honors even, a cracking final in the offing and great to see some lions players peaking. News on Webb?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 20 May 2017, 9:08 pm

Had to miss the first half, this was about what I expected, further disruptions didn't help, but on the 2nd half I managed to see Munster were worthy winners, perhaps on another day our 2 disallowed tries would have been scored, but then again it wouldn't have been enough. Roll on next season.
The Ta Ta Tandy topic on our Forum is up and running and in full swing, I really cannot see him lasting very long.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Sun 21 May 2017, 8:10 am

I know Salli got man of the match but I wouldn't play him next week Scarlets will expose his defensive deficiencies big time.

On current form I have them as favourites
Looking forward to it have a pair of top seats

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 21 May 2017, 8:44 am

Agree Geoff, defence is not Saili's strongest area so I would also start Taute ahead of him.

For me, the big turning point was when the Ospreys forward chipped the ball ahead and scored only for it to be denied. I am not sure what the ref was doing there, he called no knock-on and it was the TMO (I think) that called his attention to it. Very unfortunate that for the Ospreys.

Both Semi finals this weekend pushed the call for Farrell to start at 10 for the Lions even stronger.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 21 May 2017, 9:19 am

eirebilly wrote:Agree Geoff, defence is not Saili's strongest area so I would also start Taute ahead of him.

For me, the big turning point was when the Ospreys forward chipped the ball ahead and scored only for it to be denied. I am not sure what the ref was doing there, he called no knock-on and it was the TMO (I think) that called his attention to it. Very unfortunate that for the Ospreys.

Both Semi finals this weekend pushed the call for Farrell to start at 10 for the Lions even stronger.

The referee made an absolute blunder in that scenario. First, he missed a knock on right in front of him and secondly, the Ospreys ball carrier was tackled by JOD, who held onto him and then when the referee shouted "tackle", JOD released, after which the tackled player just continued to run and the referee called play on.

EDIT: Just watched that bit on youtube and I got the second part wrong. Another player stripped the ball from the tackled player and comes out of nowhere. Entirely legal.

Last edited by Rory_Gallagher on Sun 21 May 2017, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 21 May 2017, 9:21 am

I missed that one Rory, will have a look again today.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 21 May 2017, 9:23 am

Nothing to see Billy, got it wrong. Whistle

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 21 May 2017, 9:25 am

Not feeling very confident for the final, Scarlets look to be playing a far better brand of rugby right now. That said, they will not get the same room for attack against Munster as they did against Leinster. Looks set for a very low scoring final.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5