The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howard Foster appointed ref for Brook vs Spence

+4
Rodney
melv500
TRUSSMAN66
Valero's Conscience
8 posters

Go down

Howard Foster appointed ref for Brook vs Spence Empty Howard Foster appointed ref for Brook vs Spence

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 18 May 2017, 10:59 pm

Not surprising to me!

What are the chances if Spence is winning the fight and Brook puts him in the slightest trouble, Foster ends the fight?

Hope not as this is the most 50/50 fight for me at world level I can remember in a long, long time.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Howard Foster appointed ref for Brook vs Spence Empty Re: Howard Foster appointed ref for Brook vs Spence

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 19 May 2017, 9:43 am

International eyes will be on this fight...I imagine Foster will want to look professional.....Groves and Froch 1 was an all Brit affair and much smaller than the huge rematch he didn't get the gig for.

Maybe Spence team could have put their foot down but Brook doesn't seem the type to want favors.

Seems to have class and integrity.

Don't worry about it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Howard Foster appointed ref for Brook vs Spence Empty Re: Howard Foster appointed ref for Brook vs Spence

Post by melv500 Fri 19 May 2017, 11:17 am

I'd be more worried about the scoring if was Spence. Every time Brook lands anything the place will erupt. Has a massive sway on the judges.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 19 May 2017, 11:45 am

Can't see it going 12....Both very gifted I imagine one will figure the other out...Inside the distance...

If I thought Brook would be  at his best at 147 I'd favor him..

Spence ko 10..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 19 May 2017, 12:58 pm

Agree or Spence close points. I think Brook will get get favours from the judges. Just think his weight is the key.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 19 May 2017, 1:24 pm

Spence KO - cant see Brook living with the pace.

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 May 2017, 1:27 pm

I think Brook gets pulled out by his corner. Brook is a fantastic fighter, but coming back down to 147 won't suit him. Fair play for taking the fight with potentially the best at 147, but he should of went to 154.

I like Brook and hope he wins, but I think Spence Is excellent.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 19 May 2017, 1:46 pm

I'm in two minds over this fight, it's a big step up for Spence and be interested to see how he fares against an opponent who isn't there to be hit at will. If I had to I'd back Brooks experience to see him through to a points win.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Fri 19 May 2017, 1:59 pm

AdamT wrote:I think Brook gets pulled out by his corner. Brook is a fantastic fighter, but coming back down to 147 won't suit him. Fair play for taking the fight with potentially the best at 147, but he should of went to 154.

I like Brook and hope he wins, but I think Spence Is excellent.

Agreed about moving up. But he said he will have one more fight at 147 after this so I think he wants the big $$ to fight Khan after. A gamble doing it but could well be a profitable one.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 19 May 2017, 4:07 pm

Spence better make sure he doesn't sneeze to hard, Foster might jump in

In all seriousness though, how many fights do we have in America with American referees

Bit of a non story

I think neutral officials should be mandatory for all title fights, but that's just not what happens

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 19 May 2017, 5:21 pm

Foster will be under the spotlight to behave but stopped a fight early just 2 weeks ago on TV.

At the highest level of the sport it seems the judges and refs don't have to meet those same levels.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 19 May 2017, 6:04 pm

A problem that isn't just Boxing related..

Mills Lane was the best I ever saw..

Have a good weekend.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 19 May 2017, 10:21 pm

Mills Lane did a grew job with the Holyfield Tyson rematch, didn't he?

I think Evander landed about 10 butts before ear bite. Tyson isn't a clean fighter, but Evander was a disgrace.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 20 May 2017, 9:22 am

to be fair you could put any ref under the spotlight and find issues. Fosters a bad one but maybe he'll go into this knowing he has to give a good showing.

Definitely put Brook down for a late TKO though :-)

BF's got it right

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down