The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

+42
Welly
21st Century Schizoid Man
reallybored
Margin_Walker
sensisball
mikey_dragon
whocares
des
demosthenes
St John The Enforcer
R!skysports
Manky-Flanker
Mad for Chelsea
Eejit
TJ
Scottish White Line Fever
LordDowlais
Tattie Scones RRN
RossAnderson
Scottrf
Majestic83
nickj
cakeordeath
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Ozzy3213
MacKnocked-on
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
EST
BigGee
profitius
Anglobraveheart
George Carlin
highland_scot
RDW
RuggerRadge2611
EWT Spoons
tigertattie
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
46 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 21 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 May 2017, 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 21 P12-gl10

Glasgow Warriors & Edinburgh

The Histories:

Guiness Pro 12
Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow Warriors

Edinburgh Rugby Highlights 2016/2017 vomit
Glasgow Warriors Pro 12 Highlights 2016/2017  Sorry

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 21 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by jimbopip Tue 05 Sep 2017, 8:09 pm

Radge, Schiz warning warning warning

No, no and thrice no. picard

Mata plays in a position where split second decisions often have a crucial bearing on the outcome. we love Mata because he often makes choices that no-one else in the ground sees. When they come off he has won the game for us. When they don't he has cost us the game. Except it is never that easy. It's a fifteen man game and everybody has an equal share in the result.
On another forum there was a hell of a lot of debate and analysis as to whether the Mental One lost us more than he won, or vice versa. The jury is still out. Let's not waste time stirring up those ashes.
Personally, I think he's Renzo's insurance against Henners losing heart at having to slug it out with Horne the younger for the number two spot and a handy player if we lose Hogg-Seymour-Jones-Hughes-Jackson to international duty.
I can't see him being the pivotal player he was: but then again he might just force himself into the starting line up and refuse to leave.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 21 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by George Carlin Tue 05 Sep 2017, 8:21 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:If the two sevens wings, Farndale and Fife do come on board for Edinburgh, then Hoyland and Brown may need to watch out for their places.

Graham is likely to become a faster and more skilful version of Hoyland in the not to distant future. He scored another wonder try for Hawick this weekend that he had no right to.

If you assume that there are two types of wing, small speedy ones and big bruisers, then unfortunately Tom Brown falls between the two camps, neither very big and powerful nor particularly skilful.

VDM and Farndale and Harries tick the big fast and powerful boxes and Fife is a reasonable mixture of both.

If everyone is fit and firing there is going to be an awful lot of competition for places and at the end of the season someone is going to miss out.

4:55 onwards - some terrible tackling but a great finish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=330BZFoBY_8

Absolutely amazing to see my old club (Marr) in the Prem.

When I wore that purple jersey it was made of heavyweightcotton and absorbed water like a sponge. You came off the field 2 stones heavier than when you went onto it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 06 Sep 2017, 11:54 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Dunno what the fuss is about Matawalu. He can go from Sublime to suicidal in a matter of minutes.

Price offers the pace, guile and delivery without the lunacy. Lunacy can win games but Niko can lose you games just as quick as he can win them.

Think he'll be played on the wing as opposed to Scrum Half?

What games did he manage to lose for us exactly ?

The pro12 final 3 years ago against Leinster Matawalu threw that game away for you. Absolute suicide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/27631785

"Niko Matawalu, on for the injured Cusiter, battled on to try to give his side a spark, but his ill-judged chip-kick was gathered by Eoin Reddan and, with a huge overlap out wide, D'Arcy got in on the act with a try of his own."

The score was 17-12 at this point. After that Leinster's tails were up and it was all over.

Other articles online are written in the same way.

"The exuberance of the Fijians cost Glasgow further Nakarawa’s offloads, and Niko’s darts. Leinster read them, tackled them, turned them over. By the time Kirchner took his second try, and D’Arcy took his with 5 mins to go, Glasgow were out on their feet and looking a little lost."

"The top marks for a Glasgow player would go to Chris Cusiter, who had probably his best half of rugby in years. Taking him off just after half time (if not an injury substitution) was criminal and Glasgow lost much of their direction after that"

https://www.scottishrugbyblog.co.uk/2014/05/rabodirect-pro12-final-leinster-34-12-glasgow/

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 06 Sep 2017, 12:06 pm

SRU and BT have signed a sponsorship agreement through to 2021. No idea on numbers, but been ok so far

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 06 Sep 2017, 12:12 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Dunno what the fuss is about Matawalu. He can go from Sublime to suicidal in a matter of minutes.

Price offers the pace, guile and delivery without the lunacy. Lunacy can win games but Niko can lose you games just as quick as he can win them.

Think he'll be played on the wing as opposed to Scrum Half?

What games did he manage to lose for us exactly ?

The pro12 final 3 years ago against Leinster Matawalu threw that game away for you. Absolute suicide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/27631785

"Niko Matawalu, on for the injured Cusiter, battled on to try to give his side a spark, but his ill-judged chip-kick was gathered by Eoin Reddan and, with a huge overlap out wide, D'Arcy got in on the act with a try of his own."

The score was 17-12 at this point. After that Leinster's tails were up and it was all over.

Other articles online are written in the same way.

"The exuberance of the Fijians cost Glasgow further Nakarawa’s offloads, and Niko’s darts. Leinster read them, tackled them, turned them over. By the time Kirchner took his second try, and D’Arcy took his with 5 mins to go, Glasgow were out on their feet and looking a little lost."

"The top marks for a Glasgow player would go to Chris Cusiter, who had probably his best half of rugby in years. Taking him off just after half time (if not an injury substitution) was criminal and Glasgow lost much of their direction after that"

https://www.scottishrugbyblog.co.uk/2014/05/rabodirect-pro12-final-leinster-34-12-glasgow/

We were well beaten across the park that day Radge but I understand the point that you're making.

Glasgow's game has matured and I think that Niko will be an 'in case of emergency, break glass' option for Rennie.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 06 Sep 2017, 12:29 pm

As I said earlier George, we can easily have Aldi and Henners on international duty. This leaves George Horne as first choice scrum half. Shocked
Now I think the lad is quite special, but I'm not sure he's ready for that responsibility yet.
Similarly, we could see Hogg-Jackson-Seymour-Jones-Hughes all called up by Toonie. (plus Sarto off to Italy) In which case another winger isn't exactly a luxury. Mind you that could give us a back three of Nairn-Mata-Massaga. I think that could be worth the admission money alone.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 06 Sep 2017, 12:32 pm

On a similar note....
I was watching the Team Of The Decade discussion on Warriors TV. Two interesting comments;
Big Al reckons that when choosing players for this team Leone MUST be considered as a back row. laughing
Secondly, when Hoggy was asked who the most inspirational player has been during his time at the club he replied, "Chris Cusiter".

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 07 Sep 2017, 9:11 am

We need a new ongoing banter thread if someone could do the honours!

Thread 18 - X-rated?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:00 am

I keep thinking I should do one... but you know...it's the interweb and technology ...and well...best not eh?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:07 am

On the other hand it is your chance to prove us all wrong and silence all our jokes about how old and decrepit you are when it comes to technology!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:15 am

jimbopip wrote:I keep thinking I should do one... but you know...it's the interweb and technology ...and well...best not eh?
Don't worry Jim, you won't need to use the quote function once.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:29 am

jimbopip wrote:On a similar note....
I was watching the Team Of The Decade discussion on Warriors TV. Two interesting comments;
Big Al reckons that when choosing players for this team Leone MUST be considered as a back row. laughing
Secondly, when Hoggy was asked who the most inspirational player has been during his time at the club he replied, "Chris Cusiter".

Saw it Jimbo my son. Dougie McCrea is a cracking guy and a true Warrior. Sunk a load of money into GWs for 10 years now clap clap clap

Aye the bit when Hoggy said Chris Cusiter took me by surprise. I was expecting Gregor T or AK. Big Al couldn't resist retorting as best fullback - Bernie Stortoni

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 07 Sep 2017, 11:46 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 07 Sep 2017, 1:58 pm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21