The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

+42
Welly
21st Century Schizoid Man
reallybored
Margin_Walker
sensisball
mikey_dragon
whocares
des
demosthenes
St John The Enforcer
R!skysports
Manky-Flanker
Mad for Chelsea
Eejit
TJ
Scottish White Line Fever
LordDowlais
Tattie Scones RRN
RossAnderson
Scottrf
Majestic83
nickj
cakeordeath
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Ozzy3213
MacKnocked-on
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
EST
BigGee
profitius
Anglobraveheart
George Carlin
highland_scot
RDW
RuggerRadge2611
EWT Spoons
tigertattie
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
46 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 8 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 May 2017, 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 8 P12-gl10

Glasgow Warriors & Edinburgh

The Histories:

Guiness Pro 12
Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow Warriors

Edinburgh Rugby Highlights 2016/2017 vomit
Glasgow Warriors Pro 12 Highlights 2016/2017  Sorry

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 8 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Jul 2017, 10:00 am

I see Pat MacArthur commenting that Paddy Dewar has shown up really well in pre-season training.
Two points of interest here; he's a 10 (position, not rating his looks) and he's from Ayr.
Another World Class stand off... Yahoo

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 8 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 06 Jul 2017, 11:50 am

jimbopip wrote:I see Pat MacArthur commenting that Paddy Dewar has shown up really well in pre-season training.
Two points of interest here; he's a 10 (position, not rating his looks) and he's from Ayr.
Another World Class stand off... Yahoo

Another point of interest, young Paddy Dewhirst has got off remarkably lightly in Jimbos nickname generator it seems! Very Happy

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Jul 2017, 11:55 am

Ah, Llama I didn't mean to upset your dalainess Hug I took the spelling from the article on the Warriors home page.

Doubtless young Foggy Dewhurst will get an appropriate nickname once we've all seen him play.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 06 Jul 2017, 1:49 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40497672

Rolling Eyes

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 06 Jul 2017, 2:17 pm

I hate that article; the headline reminds me that I only post on here because everyone I know is attending parties to which I haven't been invited. Crying or Very sad

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Thu 06 Jul 2017, 2:21 pm

I saw that article. I fear we're starting to sound like whingers with this stuff.

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 06 Jul 2017, 4:53 pm

nickj wrote:I saw that article. I fear we're starting to sound like whingers with this stuff.

We are. For many casual fans, they will not notice. We need to be loud at promoting how good our players are like the rest of the British Isles. Every loss is a moral victory.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Thu 06 Jul 2017, 11:31 pm

You seem to have forgotten Huw Jones? Erm

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 07 Jul 2017, 8:05 am

IanBru clap Laugh

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/882587468087922688

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 07 Jul 2017, 9:08 am

It is so good I've started it's own thread

https://www.606v2.com/t66016-rugby-players-feeding-ducks

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 07 Jul 2017, 11:00 am

Anglobraveheart wrote:You seem to have forgotten Huw Jones? Erm

And Masaga. Cheers for spotting that OK

I have a feeling I've missed one or two others too. I'm fairly sure that there will be a few more young EDPs who will be added to the squad. That's if I can work out who they are. The pre-season friendlies are a good indicator - although Kiran McDonald played in one last season before disappearing to Hull in National League 1 - the English third tier.   Headscratch

Glasgow Warriors Squad 2017/18 - CLICK TO EXPAND:

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Tue 11 Jul 2017, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 07 Jul 2017, 11:54 am

When is the first Pro 12 game?

All this lions chat is depressing me! I want to get back to the real rugby!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 07 Jul 2017, 2:30 pm

Starting 23 from the Glasgow squad (now that the tombola has gone)?

1 Kebble
2 Brown
3 Fagerson
4 Brian
5 Gray
6 Harley
7 Gibbins
8 WIlson

9 Price
10 Russell
11 Sarto
12 Dunbar
13 Jones
14 Seymour
15 Hogg

Subs - Allan, McArthur, Rae, Swinson, Ashe, Pyrgos, Horne, Grigg

Not bad! Reserve front row is pretty average though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 08 Jul 2017, 1:40 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Starting 23 from the Glasgow squad (now that the tombola has gone)?

1 Kebble
2 Brown
3 Fagerson
4 Brian
5 Gray
6 Harley
7 Gibbins
8 WIlson

9 Price
10 Russell
11 Sarto
12 Dunbar
13 Jones
14 Seymour
15 Hogg

Fingers crossed the front row reserves aren't as soft as they look. I'm hoping Firth might step up with Rennie coming in. And Jamie Bhatti is being talked about in high regard. Toonie seemed delighted with his potential last season.

I would not be surprised if Tjiuee Uanivi (Chewie Waneevee) makes more of an impression this season. He looked good, albeit raw before he got crocked. Glasgow had rotten luck with second row injuries last season. Cummings, Peterson and Uanivi all out at the same time. Muckle shifts were put in from Tiny Tim and 'iccle Jonny. They deserve well-earned rests. Good thing Glasgow have a great selection of locks this season.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Jul 2017, 3:04 pm

Firth and Chewie are long gone! Firth went before the end of the season.

Chewie may have been a bit unlucky, we never really saw what he was like. Firth though seemed, if I am being charitable, to be one of those ones which never quite worked out!

It does only leave Glasgow with 2 regular THs backed up by Adam Nichol, who looks to have some promise. They are light in this position though and you could imagine someone else will be coming in.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 09 Jul 2017, 5:57 am

Wow. Really?

Firth to Grenoble went under the radar, when did that happen?

Chewie is still listed as a Glasgow Hawks player. Dunno if that's an admin error, but anyway it's a shame nonetheless. No worries though, we have Brian.

Glasgow's in need of a TH.

Last edited by A Simply Mesmeric Try on Sun 09 Jul 2017, 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RossAnderson Sun 09 Jul 2017, 8:25 am

Anyone else still think that Gatland is a prick?

RossAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:12 am

RossAnderson wrote:Anyone else still think that Gatland is a prick?
That is an absolutely unavoidable conclusion for me. 

However, he is a pr!ck who did the job that was asked of him and the jingoism and favouritism will be forgotten about now that we have won the test series 2-2 (a very Scottish conclusion). I have hated every minute of this Lions tour - it has left me absolutely cold and I just want shot of partisan coaching staff. Really, really ugly. 

Back to matters - surely Rennie will bring a big South Sea Islander tighthead with him from the Chiefs?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun 09 Jul 2017, 3:00 pm

Gatland will, for me, be nothing more than a one dimensional coach who makes a lot of sense for second tier nations with big packs (looking at Georgia in particular but Argentina would be a dark horse play). I can see why NZ are looking elsewhere.

Still he did what was asked of him and he will get credit for managing to get a series draw in NZ.

Glasgow are short at least 1 tighthead due to the Fagerson call-up (and potential for Rae to be called up). Is there anyone at LS who would fit the bill on a dual contract?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:51 pm

No wonder Jarrod Firth left, check this from Grenoble's website:

"Recruited by the Glasgow Warriors last year, he has never evolved into Pro12 for administrative reasons. However, he was able to play in the Scottish BT Premiership."

Someone c0cked up there. How could he have signed but unable to play Pro12 rugby?

That's two promising project tightheads come and gone (de Klerk being the other, but we're happy to see the back of him).
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Jul 2017, 5:46 am

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:No wonder Jarrod Firth left, check this from Grenoble's website:

"Recruited by the Glasgow Warriors last year, he has never evolved into Pro12 for administrative reasons. However, he was able to play in the Scottish BT Premiership."

Someone c0cked up there. How could he have signed but unable to play Pro12 rugby?

That's two promising project tightheads come and gone (de Klerk being the other, but we're happy to see the back of him).
I wonder if these are the same 'administrative reasons' that stopped me evolving into the Pro 12 - i.e. I am not very good at rugby.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Jul 2017, 5:46 am

As an aside, Dan Parks is marrying the sister of a friend of mine at work.

He is not delighted to have 'some bogun with sideburns' marrying his sister.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

New Scotland kits - I quite like the home one, not sure about the away one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwg8ozzevlg&feature=em-uploademail

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Jul 2017, 10:16 am

http://www.scottishrugby.org/news/17/07/10/scotland-play-unique-cutting-edge-new-season-kit-launched

Scotland will tackle the forthcoming season of international rugby in a new bespoke strip that features a unique cutting edge fabric.

Scotland challenged its technical partner Macron to create a kit utilising a fabric that could combine durability with lightness, and provide excellent moisture wicking properties whilst coping with the rigours of test match rugby.

In response the “ARMEVO” fabric was born, a rugby specific fabric that thrives under extreme athletic performance.

All three senior national teams, Scotland, Scotland Women and Scotland 7s, will wear the newly designed Macron kits, which incorporate a new colour scheme in the high performance textile in both the shirts and the shorts.

Following record sales over recent seasons the new designs will incorporate navy, purple and white colouring, traditionally associated with Scottish Rugby.

The national men’s and women’s team home kit features a navy body with white and purple hoops on each arm and along the waistband. A ‘Grandad’ style collar has been introduced and remains white, with a purple placket.

Navy shorts have been introduced for the first time in many seasons and have the new ARMEVO fabric making them the lightest shorts ever worn by the national team which will be accompanied by predominantly white socks.

The alternate top is white, and this year incorporates purple panels across the chest, shoulders and side. The design also has navy and purple hoops on each arm and is finished off with purple stitching on the seams. The collar is again a ‘Grandad’ style and in navy. The shorts are navy with white and purple detail around the leg again with the ARMEVO fabric. The kit is finished off by white socks with a purple and navy hoop.

Scotland 7s will also have a navy shirt with narrow purple hoops and a subtle saltire cross detailing within the navy hoops. The round neck collar is purple and the top will be worn with navy shorts and socks matching the shirt in design (navy and purple stripes).

The 7s team will continue to wear the alternate shirt which they have used this season which is predominantly red with narrow navy and gold hoops positioned on the chest and lower back.

Scotland kits will continue to carry the BT and BT Mobile sponsors’ logos. Scotland 7s will continue to carry BT only. All kits now carry the newly refreshed Macron corporate logo.

Scottish Rugby’s Chief Operating Officer Dominic McKay said: “Once again Macron have produced striking new designs for the Scotland and Scotland 7s match kits for the forthcoming season. We look forward to watching all of our representative teams wearing the kits during 2017/18 and hope that they can kick on from their collective successes in 2016/17.

I am sure that the designs will again prove to be popular with our fans who have been supporting Scottish Rugby in recent years by buying the replica tops in record numbers.”

Macron’s Sports Marketing Manager, Ross Cook added: “After an unbelievable 2016/17 season that saw Scotland reaching its highest world ranking off the back of an action packed summer tour, Scottish Rugby is reaching new heights that excite me as a fan.

We wanted to celebrate this success with classic, yet eye-catching, match day kits as well as an extensive collection of training wear, leisure apparel and accessories that allow the fan to wear the thistle with pride.

"As always, we work hand in hand with Scottish Rugby, developing the products and collections. This season we feel we have achieved this by bringing the perfect balance of bespoke technical fabrics with products that bring Macron’s Italian flare while maintaining the essence of Scottish Rugby."

All three kits can be pre-ordered at shop.scottishrugby.org from Monday 10 July and go on retail sale in the BT Murrayfield store as of Friday 14 July and through all other Macron stockists as of 15 July.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 10 Jul 2017, 11:17 am

wow, that shirt is honkin'

I can't understand how Macron got the italy one so right and our one so wrong.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 10 Jul 2017, 11:45 am

actually scratch that, looks ok in motion...
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Jul 2017, 3:25 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:actually scratch that, looks ok in motion...
No Radge - you were right the first time.

About as subtle as a kick in the crackers. And the collar looks like a geography teacher on Casual Friday.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 10 Jul 2017, 3:46 pm

George Carlin wrote:As an aside, Dan Parks is marrying the sister of a friend of mine at work.

So you getting us tickets for home games from now on. Wink

Also, I had a moment of self awareness, we were out out in Brighton and MrsPip mentioned how much she enjoys the atmosphere there: I caught myself thinking "I bet it was great after the Japan Boks match".
Far too much time on here.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Jul 2017, 6:21 am

jimbopip wrote:
George Carlin wrote:As an aside, Dan Parks is marrying the sister of a friend of mine at work.

So you getting us tickets for home games from now on. Wink

Also, I had a moment of self awareness, we were out out in Brighton and MrsPip mentioned how much she enjoys the atmosphere there: I caught myself thinking "I bet it was great after the Japan Boks match".
Far too much time on here.
Any correlation between this and Brighton being the LBTG capital of the UK, Jim? Nice and colourful, I would think?

Maybe she likes all of the handsome young men?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Tue 11 Jul 2017, 7:44 am

I never knew Ross Ford had two mickeys?  Shocked

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Jul 2017, 8:10 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Starting 23 from the Glasgow squad (now that the tombola has gone)?

1 Kebble
2 Brown
3 Fagerson
4 Brian
5 Gray
6 Harley
7 Gibbins
8 WIlson

9 Price
10 Russell
11 Sarto
12 Dunbar
13 Jones
14 Seymour
15 Hogg

Loose forward balance is not good either - we need a main ball carrier with Bluto departing and it certainly isn't Wilson. I cannot shake the nagging feeling that we need more quality at blindside than Rob Harley brings too. He is not really test quality and every other top 6 Pro 12 side will have better options than we do.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:03 am

CONFIRMED ✅

Edinburgh Rugby will continue to play their home matches at Myreside for the next three seasons.

Select fixtures, including the annual 1872 Cup clash, will be played at BT Murrayfield.

Full story to follow.

Bold decision, especially given the feedback wasn't exactly overwhelmingly positive!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:14 am

Edinburgh Rugby will continue to play their home matches at Myreside for the next three seasons, with a select number of fixtures returning to BT Murrayfield in the 2017/18 season.

Following a six-game trial in season 2016/17, the club undertook a thorough review with supporters, local residents, and other key stakeholders including players and new Head Coach Richard Cockerill. The results of the feedback showed a continued desire to evolve the matchday experience at Myreside, whilst supporters also enjoyed use of the excellent facilities available at BT Murrayfield.

In light of this, Edinburgh will play a minimum of nine home matches at Myreside next year - subject to planning permission - with select fixtures, including the annual 1872 Cup clash, being played at BT Murrayfield.

Edinburgh Rugby Managing Director, Jonny Petrie, said: “I’m thrilled to be able to confirm that Myreside will continue to be our home, which allows Richard Cockerill and his team to plan ahead for the forthcoming Guinness PRO12 and European Cup campaigns.

“We feel we have created solid foundations for a truly special fan experience at Myreside, but also appreciate that we still have work to do in order to make the ground a home for our club and our supporters; the feedback has told us that. We’ll continue to work alongside local residents, supporters and our various stakeholders, to keep improving the matchday experience, making the ground a fitting home for our loyal and deserving fans.”

Head Coach, Richard Cockerill, added:

“We as a team feel that the intimacy of Myreside will bring the supporters closer to the action and provide the best atmosphere to help drive the players forward on the park.

“Having a home for the club is vital, and the team are fully supportive and excited by the chance to play at Myreside for the foreseeable future.”

With playing venues now confirmed, Season Ticket Memberships will go on sale tomorrow (Wednesday 12 July). Further information about Season Ticket Memberships will be issued directly to supporters on Wednesday and details will also be available on edinburghrugby.org.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 11 Jul 2017, 11:18 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
CONFIRMED ✅

Edinburgh Rugby will continue to play their home matches at Myreside for the next three seasons.

Select fixtures, including the annual 1872 Cup clash, will be played at BT Murrayfield.

Full story to follow.

Bold decision, especially given the feedback wasn't exactly overwhelmingly positive!

I suspect the lack of realistic alternatives was probably the driving force behind this decision. Going back to Murrayfield surely was never really an option. Maybe within the three year time span a better option will come along or alternatively Edinburgh may remember how to play decent rugby and people will come to watch them wherever they are playing.

I genuinely do believe that it is the product on the field that makes the difference, not the surroundings. Scotstoun was never a naturally good rugby venue. It still is not given it has a running track surrounding the pitch. The move their just fortunately happened to co-incide with Glasgow discovering themselves as a rugby team and surely that is what Edinburgh need to do as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 11 Jul 2017, 1:14 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:In light of this, Edinburgh will play a minimum of nine home matches at Myreside next year - subject to planning permission - with select fixtures, including the annual 1872 Cup clash, being played at BT Murrayfield.

I assume that this means for the temporary stands, etc. Does anyone know if they have applied for consent; and if so, when it is expected through? From recollection there was a lot of local angst about this, so I don't expect it will be straightforward.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Jul 2017, 1:32 pm

There has been such poor communication about this I don't think anyone knows the details - they could do with releasing another FAQ list.

Think it's fair to say this announcement hasn't gone down well on social media! I suspect ST sales will be at their lowest in years - I'd be amazed if they break 1000 (I think they usually get around 1800-2000).

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Jul 2017, 3:33 pm

demosthenes wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:In light of this, Edinburgh will play a minimum of nine home matches at Myreside next year - subject to planning permission - with select fixtures, including the annual 1872 Cup clash, being played at BT Murrayfield.

I assume that this means for the temporary stands, etc.  Does anyone know if they have applied for consent; and if so, when it is expected through?  From recollection there was a lot of local angst about this, so I don't expect it will be straightforward.
Apparently the club's Edinburgh based legal advisors FESter & FESter LLP are dragging their feet, overcharging and making derogatory remarks about poor people, Glasgwegians and particularly about poor Glaswegians (apparently there are many of these).

Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 11 Jul 2017, 4:00 pm

Fecc it, feccin quote function

furious furious furious furious

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Jul 2017, 4:15 pm

jimbopip wrote:Fecc it, feccin quote function

You didn't even manage a quote that time!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 12 Jul 2017, 5:58 am

jimbopip wrote:Fecc it, feccin quote function

You'll have to stop quoting people, Jim. It's the only way.

Or do what all men do and get one of their children to show them how the shinypooterbox works.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 12 Jul 2017, 7:57 am

If you keep casting aspersions on my computer literacy skills ability competency wise I'll refer you to my lawyers: Shyster, Flrywheel and Fester who will pester you as soon as they are finished pushing through the planning application for a four story gazebo with "gentlemen's sauna and massage room, bear baiting pit and penthouse kennels for the foxhounds " in the Myreside area of the Athens of the North. (Not Winterfell).

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 12 Jul 2017, 8:10 am

P.S. Update from Sarf Effrika: both Jones and Kebble still injured but should be available as from next week! Which confirms my sneaky feeling that they weren't jeopardising their move to the dear green place by rushing back but will be fit for the start of the season.
Which begs the question; who will partner Richie V as the first choice centre pairing? Unless of course His Richieness decides to have a tilt at Full Back.

P.P.S. The legend that was Les Dawson once defined "mixed emotions" as "watching your mother in law drive off a cliff in your brand new car". However, Young Pippetto has been training for some weeks now with Maldon Town, I hoped  that, like Communism and Folk dancing, it was just a passing fancy but no yesterday the coach phoned me and said they would like to sign him for the upcoming season  Yahoo . So no rugby for father and son this season. I shall miss the coaching, and his "show and go" is a thing of beauty (was a thing of beauty). Mixed emotions, indeed. Sad

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 12 Jul 2017, 9:36 am

In other news that very few people will care about, Matt Williams has become coach of Timisoara Saracens in Romania and his first big signing - Will Helu!

Quite a fall from grace for ex-Scotland coach Williams ( mad ) and the man who scored 2 tries against Toulon while playing at Wasps.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 12 Jul 2017, 9:39 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:In other news that very few people will care about, Matt Williams has become coach of Timisoara Saracens in Romania and his first big signing - Will Helu!

Quite a fall from grace for ex-Scotland coach Williams and the man who scored 2 tries against Toulon while playing at Wasps.
I'm assuming that Matt got confused when he was asked to secure a 'big' signing. Apparently Ben Atiga is next.

Wonder if that means we won't see his self-congratulatory column in the Irish Times any more. With god's help, I'll learn to do without it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 10:00 am

Read an interview with Glenn Bryce on the BBC this morning, saying how there's a new culture at Edinburgh since Cockers arrived etc etc. Did notice as a little aside that Bryce is listed in the article as a fullback, outside centre and stand-off . Could this be a sign of things to come??

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 12 Jul 2017, 10:02 am

MacKnocked-on wrote:Read an interview with Glenn Bryce on the BBC this morning, saying how there's a new culture at Edinburgh since Cockers arrived etc etc. Did notice as a little aside that Bryce is listed in the article as a fullback, outside centre and stand-off . Could this be a sign of things to come??

Feck me I hope not!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40575059

I do like this quote about Freaun - I really hope he stays fit as he could be a top star in the league never mind just Edinburgh

Bryce is also excited to play alongside hulking New Zealand-born centre Robbie Fruean, a new signing from Bath, and in time, with Scotland midfielder Mark Bennett, who is recovering from long-term knee damage.

"He makes the Rhino ball look like a size three when he's training," said Bryce. "He's really going to be a strong player for us this season and he's got that experience as well.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 12 Jul 2017, 12:03 pm

Listing to Petrie you'd think the Myreside trial was an overwhelming success with very few issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-hRT0qLmiw&feature=em-uploademail

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 12 Jul 2017, 2:42 pm

Ahhhh the banter thread!

A place where everyone agrees on the important matters such as:
All agree that the new Scotland shirt is a bit mince at best, honking at worst (the 7s one seems better)
All agree that Gatland is a plonker
All agree that Alun-Wyn Jones is passed it
All agree that Jimbos qoute function success rate is lower than Sean Lamont's international try scoring ratio (but both try hard)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 12 Jul 2017, 3:01 pm

tigertattie wrote:Ahhhh the banter thread!

A place where everyone agrees on the important matters such as:
All agree that the new Scotland shirt is a bit mince at best, honking at worst (the 7s one seems better)
All agree that Gatland is a plonker
All agree that Alun-Wyn Jones is passed it
All agree that Jimbos quote function success rate is lower than Sean Lamont's international try scoring ratio (but both try hard)
Real similarities between those two.

One is a nailed-on crowd favourite and happy-go-lucky man of the people who is hung like a stallion and whose loss to the rugby world will be keenly felt.

The other is Sean Lamont.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 12 Jul 2017, 5:20 pm

Wink George, when were you talking with MrsPip?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next