The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

+42
Welly
21st Century Schizoid Man
reallybored
Margin_Walker
sensisball
mikey_dragon
whocares
des
demosthenes
St John The Enforcer
R!skysports
Manky-Flanker
Mad for Chelsea
Eejit
TJ
Scottish White Line Fever
LordDowlais
Tattie Scones RRN
RossAnderson
Scottrf
Majestic83
nickj
cakeordeath
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Ozzy3213
MacKnocked-on
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
EST
BigGee
profitius
Anglobraveheart
George Carlin
highland_scot
RDW
RuggerRadge2611
EWT Spoons
tigertattie
IanBru
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
46 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 19 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 May 2017, 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 19 P12-gl10

Glasgow Warriors & Edinburgh

The Histories:

Guiness Pro 12
Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow Warriors

Edinburgh Rugby Highlights 2016/2017 vomit
Glasgow Warriors Pro 12 Highlights 2016/2017  Sorry

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 19 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 25 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

Aye the team spent a lot of time near Newcastle's try line but the attack pretty much involved running directly at the opposition. Defence was decent though. Bradbury lead the team out at ko, not sure if that means anything longer term from a captaincy pov, but he picked up where he left off last season with some decent breaks. Had one unfortunate incident in the first half when he fumbled and knocked on, but after that pretty good.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 19 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal

Post by RDW Fri 25 Aug 2017, 9:44 pm

Any stand outs Spoons?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 25 Aug 2017, 10:08 pm

Rasolea, McInally, Richie & Bradbury were all pretty decent, but to be honest, no one stood out more than the rest. It was a decent all round team performance. You can however,  see the work cockerill & the rest are doing, Gilco actually looked like a leader at times rather than the passenger from last season. Weir was harrying and chasing down players.

It was a fairly solid performance throughout.
Plus the rest of the squad were down in Melrose, seems part of the culture with the players there to support the team. Bumped into Sutherland who is back running again and reckons he's about 2 months from being fit.

Oh and Grant looked OK, slotted in well enough when he came on.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 26 Aug 2017, 8:55 am

jimbopip wrote:Interesting that Eck Dunbar isn't featuring. Sad

This probably means that he won't play against the Craggies. Schiz said he wasn't at the Stains' game. Hmmm. I wonder if he's injured or if he and Renzo have got off on the wrong foot. Furra Linee is on the bench along with Paddy Kelly. You know, injuries permitting I think Johnson will start at 12 with Grigg at 13 and Furra Linee covering 10/12 in Galway. I wonder if Renzo is using Dunbar to make a point: no-one gets picked on reputation.
Also of note; Stafford McDowell is on the bench. He can play centre/full back and hold the distinction of being Ayr's youngest ever Player of the Year. So another angel and obviously incredibly World Class.
Fagerson2 and Ashe both featuring again so I'd pencil them in against the Craggies as well.
It's looking good.

I think Bundee Aki is out for this game. Unless this is yet another wee tactical prank by those Connacht funsters ? Therefore think Rennie may go for a Johnson / Grigg centre partnership. It may be that Alex Dunbar is still on actual hols as opposed to non playing hols IYKWIM. Think Peter Horne will start at 10 with Finn still rested and Adam Hastings benches. He Hastings is a big lad and could probably do a job at 12/13 if required. Some on here don't seem to rate Peter Horne - they plainly don't see him play very often if at all. Really clever player who despite his relatively small stature fires in the tackles and is a fist class distributor and line breaker.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 26 Aug 2017, 2:43 pm

BigGee wrote:Ryan Wilson does get a bad press from the Edinburgh fans on here, but he does seem to be rated by those that count, mainly BVC, Toonie and now Dave Rennie not to mention many thousands of Warriors fans!

Ah, but they don't count!

I think it's a crazy decision. He's an unhinged man-child. However, I think the Weegies will be competitive this season regardless, and I've long thought the role of captain to be overblown. Promising last pre-season outings for both sides. Bring on the proper stuff.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Sun 27 Aug 2017, 2:35 pm

Bradbury apparently captain. According to Mark Palmer of the times. He's normally pretty reliable

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 27 Aug 2017, 10:14 pm

Masaga looks a tough dude ffs ! Shocked The lead up to Cummings' try - awesome !

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 8:06 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Masaga looks a tough dude ffs ! Shocked The lead up to Cummings' try - awesome !
Absolutely - precisely the sort of quality that we were lacking during the international window last year.

To think that we can pick a back 3 from Hogg, Seymour, Sarto, Masaga, Hughes, New Rhubarb and the New & Improved Selkirk Pixie really is excellent.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 8:11 am

Excited about the pint sized wizard Mr Horne. Ryan Wilson was doing a Q&A for the Pro14 launch event and he answered a question like this:
A complete lunatic wrote:Q: Who’s the hardest trainer at Glasgow Warriors?

A: It would have to be Rob Harley, or George Horne who has just come on the scene. He’s just done a Scottish Rugby Union PB at the Mo Farah. It’s the Bronco test (shuttle runs to 20, 40 and 60 metres five times) and he ran an unbelievable time of something like 4:15, which is incredible. Rob Harley will go until he passes out. George Horne, I’ve never seen a man run so far in my life with such speed. I just have to hang in behind them.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Aug 2017, 1:32 pm

Bradbury announced as Edinburgh Captain - bold move indeed!

He doesn't strike me as a natural leader - seems more at home being given the ball and told to run into people. He may grow into the role though

I kind of wish it wasn't him though as after a promising first season he struggled with injuries and inconsistency last season. He's a young pro and yet to still fully establish himself.

But still - a bold move by Cockers and he's really setting his stall out about how the new Edinburgh will look both on the pitch and off it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 2:40 pm

Bradbury is a really exciting prospect and a wrecking ball - I hope for him and the Mighty Mish to kick on this season and form an excellent back row partnership. I think that it sends a good message. In the same way that selecting the Giant Jessie Grant Gilchrist would have sent a bad message.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 28 Aug 2017, 3:21 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41060551

Cruden has a high opinion of Rennie. Interesting that Rennie has already begun to recruit Cruden for after Montpellier. Even if joking, suggests Rennie expects to be at Glasgow for a good stint.

Good news on Bradbury. Need to pick a good deputy captain for when Bradbury is away/not selected. Is this not a good sign for CDP who originally came across as a Cockers sort of player?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Aug 2017, 3:24 pm

Aaron Cruden to Glasgow??

BBC interview wrote:He did mention [coming to Glasgow] to me. He said, maybe I could come along after we've had a stint in France - come home via Glasgow," he says.

"You never say never. Rugby is such a beautiful game, it creates so many wonderful opportunities for people, you never know where you can end up.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Aug 2017, 3:25 pm

Snap!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 28 Aug 2017, 4:03 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Snap!

Maybe he and FR will swap places next season!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 28 Aug 2017, 4:33 pm

BigGee wrote:

Why would Glasgow "downsize"?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 28 Aug 2017, 5:34 pm

jimbopip wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Why would Glasgow "downsize"?
Reminds me of the Bob Hope response to a journalist's question about whether he would ever contemplate running for president.

He said that his wife would never accept moving to a smaller house.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 28 Aug 2017, 5:40 pm

Edinburgh have confirmed Dickinson, Sutherland and Dell will be out injured until late this year so have signed Tigers prop Rizzo on short term loan.

Still no mention of what's going on with Ryan Grant!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 29 Aug 2017, 8:58 am

A bit more chat from Cockers on Ryan Grant

Former Scotland and Lions looshead Ryan Grant has been training with Edinburgh and played in the Newcastle game, but Cockerill said no decision had been made and that he won’t be in the squad for Friday’s match at Cardiff. “At this point, Ryan’s got to show his fitness and readiness to play rugby full-time,” said Cockerill. “I’m dealing with the here and now which is Cardiff, Newport [Dragons], Treviso and going to Leinster, that’s what I have to deal with, those 16 plus points are the difference in the competition. Potentially [Grant could become available for selection] but he won’t be for this week. He has to decide what he wants to do.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/richard-cockerill-names-magnus-bradbury-as-edinburgh-captain-1-4544822

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:14 am

Was at the STH Event last night at Scotstoun. Rather entertaining evening with new players (inc the academy signings) and the new coaches introduced. There were 350-400 people there Shocked Dave Rennie - very funny and likes to swear a lot, but has a seriously tough message from a typically NZ hard rugby man. Not a fan of Northampton Saints apparently ! Ollie Kebble is feckin huge - he also loves destroying scrums Run Calum Gibbons has a kind of semi- mullet but is also scarily large so no-one mentioned it naturally enough. Jamie Bhatti is a very funny guy and to me seems a successor to Gordy Reid as squad comedian. George Horne broke all kinds of sprint records at training. Paddy Kelly never failed the "Neef" test - whatever that is - something to do with body fat. George Turner got pelters from Nathan B and the other squad guys for coming from the Dark Side !

All in all the future really does look bright.

WE ARE WARRIORS

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:31 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:A bit more chat from Cockers on Ryan Grant

Former Scotland and Lions looshead Ryan Grant has been training with Edinburgh and played in the Newcastle game, but Cockerill said no decision had been made and that he won’t be in the squad for Friday’s match at Cardiff. “At this point, Ryan’s got to show his fitness and readiness to play rugby full-time,” said Cockerill. “I’m dealing with the here and now which is Cardiff, Newport [Dragons], Treviso and going to Leinster, that’s what I have to deal with, those 16 plus points are the difference in the competition. Potentially [Grant could become available for selection] but he won’t be for this week. He has to decide what he wants to do.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/richard-cockerill-names-magnus-bradbury-as-edinburgh-captain-1-4544822

Maybe RG just needs a bit more time to get up to speed, I presume he has not done the full pre-season, or maybe he is vacillating about whether to carry on. I imagine when he did not pick up a contract at the end of last season, he probably thought he was heading into retirement. This may well be the last chance saloon for him but it does not seem that Cockers is convinced that he wants it badly enough to grab it.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:34 am

Typical Cockers, and quite right too.

Basically it is up to the player to show he wants it by putting in the effort, until he does not part of the plans.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:40 am

I suspect he isn't going to be offered anything other than a short term deal until Christmas given we have 3 international class looseheads to return before then.

In a way is is strange to describe him as a 'former' Scotland and Lions player given that he is still playing and hasn't announced his retirement, but the reality is both statements are very accurate! It would be nice if he could have one last hurrah in his career and regain some of his old form but I'm not overly confident. Hopefully he has saved some of the massive salary he was given when he re-signed with Glasgow after the Lions tour - he became the highest paid player in the squad at the time apparently.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:43 am

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:08 am

Not happy!

Not happy at all!!!!

Queen Danny getting down and dirty again but not a nip to be seen Sad

Show has gone downhill!!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:34 am

BigGee wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:A bit more chat from Cockers on Ryan Grant

Maybe RG just needs a bit more time to get up to speed, I presume he has not done the full pre-season, or maybe he is vacillating about whether to carry on. I imagine when he did not pick up a contract at the end of last season, he probably thought he was heading into retirement. This may well be the last chance saloon for him but it does not seem that Cockers is convinced that he wants it badly enough to grab it.
Cockers is my new hero. A diplomat and Mr No Nonsense. That's the optimal.

"See that construction tool? That's a ####ing spade, that is".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:51 am

Worth a watch

Doddie Weir talks about his MND with John Beattie

It's a tough watch, with him talking about his fears for the future and the things he doesn't think he'll be around to see, with his family.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:57 am

Hello all, that's be back after getting married to Mrs HS. Actually it's been nearly 2 months but I've just been getting over the honeymoon withdrawal symptoms!

To summarise whilst I've been gone...
Game of Thrones has had a sorry lack of t@tties, and has instead taken to reintroducing characters who you didn't realise existed.
No rugby of note has been played.
Cockers is a tough barsteward who has written off anyone over 25 in the Edinburgh squad. He's failed his standard grade Geography too - apparently Magnus Bradbury (from Oban) is a "local lad".
Duncan Hodge is still coaching Edinburgh not to attack.
Glasgow's younguns are not too shabby, Paddy Kelly seems promising. To compensate, they've chosen a captain who is a jack of all trades prone to getting into fights.
We're getting a semi-pro league which nobody really understands who will play in.
Schiz is back, and Jimbo is mastering the computer.

Does that sum things up nicely?

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:58 am

tigertattie wrote:Not happy!

Not happy at all!!!!

Indeed and Jon Snow making the beast with two backs with his auntie. Shocked

Mind you, if your auntie was Queen Danny....

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:08 pm

Highland, congratulations Bubbly

However, you do know that honeymoon withdrawal symptoms is not a reliable form of birth control, don't you?

A lot of rugby of note has been played; mainly by Glasgow under 14's against the Stains first XV. Apparently Renzo was scathing in his comments about Northampton.

If Cockers says Oban is local to Kathmandu most sensible people would agree, so if he tells you that Malcolm Bradbury is a local lad he feccin well is.

You also missed the Luvvies squad meeting where Cockers said, "We need a captain who will write the next chapter in our history. Bradbury...You can write the history, man!"

Batman will be a glorious captain. Although we should start a sweepstake to see which opposition player is first to get the Owen Farrell treatment.

Last edited by jimbopip on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : If possible made it even funnier.)

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 29 Aug 2017, 1:29 pm

Well done HS. Hope you had a good honeymoon because now you need to pay for it with 40 years of marriage and the next 5 years of relatives nagging you for grandchildren if you haven't delivered those already.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 29 Aug 2017, 3:23 pm

jimbopip wrote:

Not happy at all!!!!

Jimbo using the quote function correctly! Isn't this a sign? Is Jimbo the Prince that was promised?

But seriously, what was with Tyrion creeping about outside Danny's bedroom? Was he hoping that he'd be the one in the sack with her?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 29 Aug 2017, 3:28 pm

tigertattie wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Not happy at all!!!!

Jimbo using the quote function correctly! Isn't this a sign? Is Jimbo the Prince that was promised?

But seriously, what was with Tyrion creeping about outside Danny's bedroom? Was he hoping that he'd be the one in the sack with her?

Without turning this into a GoT forum, the suggestions are either:

A) he's done a pact with his sister and is planning on betraying Dany (as the prophecy from ages ago suggested)

or

B) he knows that them doing it is a really bad idea and is concerned that this will now complicate things greatly

I suspect the latter is more credible. Peter Dinklage himself hinted it was B as opposed to any kind of jealousy himself (although as a red blooded male there will definitely be some kind of jealousy!)

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Tue 29 Aug 2017, 4:44 pm

The Thistle Rugby Podcast is doing a bumper show tonight.

Coach Cockers himself and the great unwashed's Kenny Murray!

For those of you that use twitter you can tweet to @thistlerugbypod and ask questions with these hashtags #askcockers #askkenny

https://twitter.com/thistlerugbypod/status/902487872628035584
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 29 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

First things first....
Word sneaking out of Scotstoun is that MadmentalNiko is back on a two year deal.
Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Secondly....
GOT season1 incest yeeewh horrible
GOT season7 incest oooh yeah

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:26 pm

jimbopip wrote:First things first....
Word sneaking out of Scotstoun is that MadmentalNiko is back on a two year deal.
Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Secondly....
GOT season1 incest yeeewh horrible
GOT season7 incest oooh yeah

Rumourmonger !

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Worth a watch

It's a tough watch, with him talking about his fears for the future and the things he doesn't think he'll be around to see, with his family.

A very moving interview - it is going to be horrible seeing what this will do to the great man.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 30 Aug 2017, 6:53 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:Worth a watch

A very moving interview - it is going to be horrible seeing what this will do to the great man.
The important thing is that we remember him as he is now.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 30 Aug 2017, 9:30 am

Slightly mixed feelings about the prospect of Niko returning to Glasgow. Not because of the allegation, which he has been proven not guilty of, but more because I wonder if he is still, or can be the player he was when he was here before.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then and Glasgow are not short of decent SHs now and you wonder where he would fit in or how he would cope with not being first or even second choice.

Still, he is a special player and at 28 should be far from finished, especially as he has not played much for the past 2 years. He should also now be a more mature and rounded individual than previously, married with a child I believe and someone who has had a very chastising experience to have had to deal with. He is also probably in the last chance saloon of his rugby career and needs to make a success of this move.

On balance, Glasgow do need a 4th SH, bearing in mind that we could easily lose two of our current crop to international duty and then we would only be one injury away from a crisis. With proper rotation, we should be able to keep all of them interested and up to speed. Niko also has the advantage of versatility and can fill in on the wing when required as well, which may come in useful.

Niko's market value will have fallen dramatically and he won't be a massive expense to the squad and that may have swung it. I hope that he can disprove the old adage about never going back!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:28 am

Mad Mata has gone to the wrong Scots club. At Edinburgh, he would make sense as the 10's are not that good to start with, the wings are limited and they need an attacking spark.

Asking him to be competing for the number 3 spot with Horne and playing with the young 10's could stunt their development.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:32 am

Happy for Niko but I can't see him being anything other than cover at Glasgow this year with Ali Price being on from, Dod Horne apparently ready to tear things up and the ever steady henners.

Greeeeeeeeeeeig will still be starting S/H for Scotland with Price on the bench (or maybe Horne if he makes an impact) so Henners will still be around come international times!

Niko will make a great impact off the bench sub though if Glasgow are chasing a try in the last 10 mins.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:35 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:Mad Mata has gone to the wrong Scots club. At Edinburgh, he would make sense as the 10's are not that good to start with, the wings are limited and they need an attacking spark.

Asking him to be competing for the number 3 spot with Horne and playing with the young 10's could stunt their development.

I don't think Edinburgh need him to be honest. We have 3 9s already and I think (from memory) a few EDP players too who will be challenging for gametime.

Plus with Weir alongside him any creative moment Mata has would be wasted. Also I get the impression he's not really Cockers type of player.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:20 am

I think it would be a mistake to bring back Niko, unless he is dirt cheap and content with being 4th choice or wing cover. There is no way Horne should lose out in gametime over Niko.

Glasgow have moved on since he left and I'm just not sure he fits the Glasgow way anymore. He has also barely played for 2 years and Bath and Exeter quickly found his limitations as a player (noting that the Chiefs gave him the boot early on).

I know Glasgow fans have a soft spot for him but going with your head over your heart I don't think he's a good signing.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:36 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I think it would be a mistake to bring back Niko, unless he is dirt cheap and content with being 4th choice or wing cover. There is no way Horne should lose out in gametime over Niko.

Glasgow have moved on since he left and I'm just not sure he fits the Glasgow way anymore. He has also barely played for 2 years and Bath and Exeter quickly found his limitations as a player (noting that the Chiefs gave him the boot early on).

I know Glasgow fans have a soft spot for him but going with your head over your heart I don't think he's a good signing.

I think this is key, I actually think Glasgow had moved on before he even left, which is probably why he was used with increasing frequency on the wing rather than at 9.

Could be proved wrong and he might come back and be a total legend, but I can't see it.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:00 pm

To be fair, I am not sure he would be 4th choice SH.

I think Ali Price has nailed down the starting shirt now and the battle would be for the next spot between all the other three.

Henners lost a lot of form last year and has to make that up and GH, despite his immense promise, is still very much an unknown at this level. They all just need to play and we will find out where the pecking order really lies. There is enough game time to go around and there will be an element of horses for courses selection as well. There will be more travelling as well this year, some of it long haul and inevitably some injuries. We do need 4 SHs over the course of a season and there does not appear to be an obvious one ready to step up from the academy this year.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:02 pm

Charlie Shiel the under 20s player (Graham Shiel's son) played in pre-season but he is very green - if he was only needed to fill in the odd bench appearance this season he would be fine, but if there are a couple of injuries and he's relied on more regularly it wouldn't be ideal.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:26 pm

Soapdodger team photo. As always, fun to compare the relative size and shape of players:

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread 17 - Almost Legal - Page 19 Glasgo10

Kebble looks like he would eat MiniHorne and Grigg if his morning sandwich didn't turn up on time.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:32 pm

And just what are Hoggy and Jacko up to Huh ?!?

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:45 pm

Lots of chat from Cockers on the Matt Dawson show last night - from around 40 minutes in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b092js8t

He raised the good point that Edinburgh's double header in South Africa is the week of the NZ game and the week after, which is hardly an ideal time to be taking the squad to South Africa!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:46 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Lots of chat from Cockers on the Matt Dawson show last night - from around 40 minutes in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b092js8t

He raised the good point that Edinburgh's double header in South Africa is the week of the NZ game and the week after, which is hardly an ideal time to be taking the squad to South Africa!

Can't see what the problem will be, it is not as if that many of them will be in the Scotland squad in any case!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next