The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backlash results

+7
Crimey
Mr H
GSC
XR
Ché Guerrero
Samo
Good Golly I'm Olly
11 posters

Go down

Backlash results Empty Backlash results

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 May 2017, 8:27 am

THE MAHARAJ IS HERE LADS
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Backlash results Empty Re: Backlash results

Post by Samo Mon 22 May 2017, 8:34 am

"WWE need to push new stars, we're sick of the same old faces all the time. Wait, dont push him, he isnt Sami Zayn OR Cesaro" - the internet all morning.

It was a pretty disappointing show but this is a highlight for me. Something new and someone else getting a chance. I know its because they've a big tour in India coming up and thats played a big role but I still like it, and Im willing to give it time.

And this latest reign of Ortons has been Poopie and pointless anyway.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 22 May 2017, 9:14 am

Ahahaha its brilliant.

Some people are p'ssed off

#canthinderthejinder

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 22 May 2017, 9:19 am

If the guy can get over then it makes sense. At least they're doing something different.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 22 May 2017, 10:28 am

CAN'T HINDER THE JINDER
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 May 2017, 10:42 am

If only breezeango would've won too this might have been the greatest ppv since time began
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 22 May 2017, 10:47 am

Thought Ziggles did some decent heel work in the opening match. Shame part of that was keeping the pace so slow, ended well at least

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 22 May 2017, 12:10 pm

Jinder's win reminds me a lot of Sheamus' first title win against Cena at TLC. Totally unexpected but I'm all for it.

I expect it'll be a pretty short reign before Orton regains it but fair play to him, I don't think the title looks out of place on his shoulder at all.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 22 May 2017, 1:14 pm

HAHAHA 

It's bad though that it only took a year of the bland split for the world titles to be devalued again. I appreciate that Jinder Mahal is a new face but I'd accept it more if there was any build up to this reign. He was a jobber for years, returned, continued to job and then had a completely random push. It screams short-term planning, they should have been building Jinder up for at least months beforehand.

I also thought Shinsuke Nakamura was really disappointing, not sure if it was being paired with Ziggler or just not translating properly. I still don't really get Nakamura though to be fair so maybe fans of his enjoyed that match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 22 May 2017, 1:20 pm

Both he and Ziggler are known for fast paced action. No idea why they built it so slow.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 22 May 2017, 11:29 pm

For all that Nakamura/Ziggler felt like a massive let down, KO/Styles was fantastic. A great match and leaves the way open for them to keep going.

Thought that for a Chicago crowd it sounded really flat for large parts of the evening. Yes the opener was a disappointment from the hype and the main event wasn't the names some hoped, but it didn't seem to have huge atmosphere, even if that wasn't helped by not being a sell out.

Tyler "The Cleaner" Breeze was great - I half thought I was watching Groucho Marx. I think he has the job role of "new Sandow" now

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 May 2017, 8:24 pm

Jinder is an appalling wrestler and poor character.

Breezango are amazing and I love them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 25 May 2017, 11:28 pm

I'm perversely fascinated by Jinder as champion, in a world where it's difficult for heels to truly get over maybe we need a champion who isn't just undeserving in kayfabe but actually perceived as underserving by the fans, if Mahal was able to turn back the likes of Styles, Nak and Zayn WWE could be on to something

With the network model WWE would be in an ideal position to try something like this as they're less dependent than at any other time in their history on making the correct booking decisions to draw money, the only barrier would be TV ratings though by all accounts they went up this week, which was probably due to to perverse fascination than anything else

I'm nailing my colours to the mast, Jinder for champ until at least Rumble!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 May 2017, 11:33 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I'm perversely fascinated by Jinder as champion, in a world where it's difficult for heels to truly get over maybe we need a champion who isn't just undeserving in kayfabe but actually perceived as underserving by the fans, if Mahal was able to turn back the likes of Styles, Nak and Zayn WWE could be on to something

With the network model WWE would be in an ideal position to try something like this as they're less dependent than at any other time in their history on making the correct booking decisions to draw money, the only barrier would be TV ratings though by all accounts they went up this week, which was probably due to to perverse fascination than anything else

I don't know about all the way to the Rumble but I too think the only way to really push a top heel right now is by making sure most think he is undeserving and unbefitting of having that honour, like a nodern day Honky Tonk Man although they could have done this with the US Title and since he's pushing the xenophobia angle that might have made more sense

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 26 May 2017, 11:51 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I'm perversely fascinated by Jinder as champion, in a world where it's difficult for heels to truly get over maybe we need a champion who isn't just undeserving in kayfabe but actually perceived as underserving by the fans, if Mahal was able to turn back the likes of Styles, Nak and Zayn WWE could be on to something

I don't know about all the way to the Rumble but I too think the only way to really push a top heel right now is by making sure most think he is undeserving and unbefitting of having that honour, like a nodern day Honky Tonk Man although they could have done this with the US Title and since he's pushing the xenophobia angle that might have made more sense

I wonder whether they will continue the KO Face of America thing as essentially both main Champs on Smackdown are running very similar storyline characters

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 26 May 2017, 11:58 am

Its refreshing to have a heel who is actually disliked by the fans, by hook or by crook. The fact that good heels dont get over as heels because fans cheer them for being good at being a heel. Its one of the worst things a crowd can do.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 26 May 2017, 11:58 am

They should start a faction, call it the League of Nations or something
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 May 2017, 12:36 pm

It does seem interesting that Jinder is being complimented for not being very good.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 26 May 2017, 12:47 pm

Im not complimenting Jinder, im complimenting the situation more than anything.

Atleast they're trying with him now, his title celebration made him feel like a big deal. Its a work in progress but they're getting there.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 May 2017, 1:01 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It does seem interesting that Jinder is being complimented for not being very good.

He's undisputedly the best not very good WWE Champion in history

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 May 2017, 2:12 pm

It seems a shame to me to use Jinder, Rusev is better at this and a better wrestler. Plus it now means Orton just won a match with Wyatt and dropped the belt, whereas I think he could have put on some good matches with a few people before foreign heel run.

They have two similar stories developing, one with nuance, a great wrestler and a fantastic promoer and another who looks like the kind of thing Donald Trump draws when he wants people to be scared and back his travel bans.

As it has been for a good while, Raw > Smackdown. Raw is messy but has a better mix of talent and more balance over who is talented and who isn't.

I don't think I would pay to see Jinder wrestle. I can list matches I'd like to see Orton have, but all of Jinder's matches include Jinder

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 May 2017, 2:18 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It seems a shame to me to use Jinder, Rusev is better at this and a better wrestler. Plus it now means Orton just won a match with Wyatt and dropped the belt, whereas I think he could have put on some good matches with a few people before foreign heel run.

They have two similar stories developing, one with nuance, a great wrestler and a fantastic promoer and another who looks like the kind of thing Donald Trump draws when he wants people to be scared and back his travel bans.

As it has been for a good while, Raw > Smackdown. Raw is messy but has a better mix of talent and more balance over who is talented and who isn't.

I don't think I would pay to see Jinder wrestle. I can list matches I'd like to see Orton have, but all of Jinder's matches include Jinder

But would you cancel the Network not to see Jinder wrestle? Otherwise it's more or less a moot point

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 May 2017, 3:25 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:It seems a shame to me to use Jinder, Rusev is better at this and a better wrestler. Plus it now means Orton just won a match with Wyatt and dropped the belt, whereas I think he could have put on some good matches with a few people before foreign heel run.

But would you cancel the Network not to see Jinder wrestle? Otherwise it's more or less a moot point

Would I subscribe to see him wrestle? There's the counter-balance. And, with my interest dwindling, it would be another reason to push me away from my subscription.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 26 May 2017, 3:30 pm

Rather cynically there is a group that will probably subscribe for Jinder which is why WWE has done it.

Still if JBL can become a top main event heel, Jinders got a shot.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 May 2017, 3:56 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:

Would I subscribe to see him wrestle? There's the counter-balance. And, with my interest dwindling, it would be another reason to push me away from my subscription.

I feel like we're on the wrong side of this debate

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 May 2017, 4:54 pm

People who think WWE are dumb finding the things they do to be dumb?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 May 2017, 4:59 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:People who think WWE are dumb finding the things they do to be dumb?

From the perspective that you're generally move positive on the bigger picture of the WWE than I am, that said I think my not caring has a lot to do with my perverse interest in this experiment

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down