RG - Day 5

Go down

RG - Day 5

Post by sirfredperry on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 7:47 am

Murray in action today against Klizan, with a possible third round clash with delpo to follow. Edmund could also reach third round but Bedene lost late yesterday to Vesely in four.
   The women's event, if you can stand the noise from some players, is arguably the more interesting, not so much for the quality as the unpredictability. While most tip Rafa for the men's crown, few can pinpoint a ladies' champion. How about Stosur as a possibility? 
   Players could have more difficulty off court than on, as they are likely to have to give their views on the Margaret Court controversy.

11.15am UK time: Radwanska loses first set 6-7 against A. Van Uytvanck . Another shock on the cards?

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Re: RG - Day 5

Post by sirfredperry on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:38 pm

Well, Radwanska avoided defeat, coming thru in three sets. Always enjoy watching her as you get a different kind of match, rather than just endless, mindless ball bashing.
   Cilic and Isner among the other winners so far today.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:49 pm

Murray has just taken to court against Klizan. Hot weather. Hopefully, Murray can continue rebuilding.
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:22 pm

Edmund seems to be on his way to victory with a two sets to love lead against Olivio, with a break in the third set. 7-5 6-3 3-1 is the current score.

Murray making heavy weather against Klizan - dropping the first set, winning the second and third sets with ease - then having problems in the fourth set - which looks to be heading for a tie break. Murray had been a break down in the fourth set, but managed to break back. 6-7 6-2 6-2 5-6 is the current score.

Kyrgios is two sets to one down against Anderson. 7-5 3-6 1-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:23 pm

Evans has the double break in the third set.
Murray and Klizan are about to play a fourth set tie-breaker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:31 pm

Murray through to the third round. Evans should join him shortly.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:35 pm

No name Bertie wrote:Murray through to the third round.  Evans should join him shortly.  

I think you mean Edmund. Wink
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:40 pm

Andy Murray through to the Third Round after beating Klizan in four long sets. As I said earlier this is really all about building for the grass court season. I can't see Andy in contention here as he is carrying too many handicaps. Down on confidence, unsure about fitness what with elbow issues and just trying to play himself into a bit of form and build some badly needed momentum. Next up he will play Del Potro. By the way lovely touch by Juan the care and consideration he showed Almagro who was desperately upset after having to pull out of their match early in the third set due to injury. Top man. thumbsup
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:42 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:Murray through to the third round.  Evans should join him shortly.  

I think you mean Edmund. Wink
I must have had a brain fade. I suppose it shows I am a casual follower of tennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:52 pm

A really lovely touch by JDP showing such compassion to Nico. he is truly a class act angel

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 6:34 pm

So Murray v Delpo it is. I could say it was expected but some were doubting whether Murray would even get this far.

Later : Saw some of the Murray match which I'd taped. Klizan was hitting some huge shots. Looked a real handful, so a good match to get thru for Andy.
   Am starting to give up on Kyrgios. He should really have beaten Anderson but indulged in ridiculous racquet-smashing tantrums. Not sure he's ever going to grow up.

Last edited by sirfredperry on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding on)

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 1:54 am

Murray should get through Delpo.  Delpo does not have a BH, and there is no way he should be able to get away with it against top players.  That said, he recently beat Nishi, and Andy has been in poor form, so who knows.

Overall, fairly OK results so far - some youngsters are advancing too, and some of the older players (Ferrer, Berdych, ...) finally seem to be declining.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 3:07 pm

Just when you start to give up on youngsters is when they suddently get a streak of results!

Let's give Kyrgios until the end of the year....at least. He's got enough talent that he could even fail to get good results for several years and then still do well after that.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum