Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by George Carlin on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 3:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

      
Maori All Blacks British & Irish Lions
17 June 2017
KO: 19:35 NZST (8.35am BST)
Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua

Live on Sky Sports, Sky Sports HD and SkyGo

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Touch judges: [tbc]
TMO: [tbc]

A. FORM:

Played 8, Maori won 1, Lions won 7

Recently:

2005-06-11
NZ Maori 19 - 13 British and Irish Lions

1993-05-29
NZ Maori 20 - 24 British and Irish Lions

1977-07-13
NZ Maori 19 - 22 British and Irish Lions

B. TEAMS:

Maori All Blacks 
J Lowe; N Milner-Skudder, M Proctor, C Ngatai, R Ioane; D McKenzie, T Kerr-Barlow; K Hames, A Dixon (capt), B May, J Wheeler, T Franklin, A Ioane, E Dixon, L Messam.

Replacements: H Elliot, C Eves, M Renata, L Price, K Pryor, B Hall, I West, R Thompson.

British & Irish Lions
L Halfpenny (Wales); A Watson (England), J Davies (Wales), B Te'o (England), G North (Wales); J Sexton, C Murray (both Ireland); M Vunipola, J George (both England), T Furlong (Ireland), M Itoje, G Kruis (both England), P O'Mahony (capt, Ireland), S O'Brien (Ireland), T Faletau (Wales).

Replacements: K Owens (Wales), J McGrath (Ireland), K Sinckler (England), I Henderson (Ireland), S Warburton (Wales), G Laidlaw (Scotland), D Biggar (Wales), E Daly (England).

C. PREVIEW



Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13534
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down


Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by RDW_Scotland on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:24 am

Sir Ian clearly doesn't rate the decision

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20949
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by BigTrevsbigmac on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:34 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Sir Ian clearly doesn't rate the decision

I'm pleased about that. A man with total integrity who knows about the tradition & what the shirt means to the players.

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 2827
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:35 am

Oh look, a haka, there's. surprise Rolling Eyes

That bloke with the spear wants to be careful, he might have someone's eye out

That No 2 looks like Bruce the Bear

Hope they can play rugby as well as dance

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:36 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Sir Ian clearly doesn't rate the decision

I'm pleased about that. A man with total integrity who knows about the tradition & what the shirt means to the players.

and who cried like a baby in 2009...he's a wimp and Gets has no time for sentimentality.

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by RDW_Scotland on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:38 am

Gwlad wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Sir Ian clearly doesn't rate the decision

I'm pleased about that. A man with total integrity who knows about the tradition & what the shirt means to the players.

and who cried like a baby in 2009...he's a wimp and Gets has no time for sentimentality.

Classy.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20949
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Taylorman on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:39 am

Gwlad wrote:Oh look, a haka, there's. surprise Rolling Eyes

That bloke with the spear wants to be careful, he might have someone's eye out

That No 2 looks like Bruce the Bear

Hope they can play rugby as well as dance

Don't worry Gwlad, they can play.

Taylorman

Posts : 8834
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:41 am

Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Oh look, a haka, there's. surprise Rolling Eyes

That bloke with the spear wants to be careful, he might have someone's eye out

That No 2 looks like Bruce the Bear

Hope they can play rugby as well as dance

Don't worry Gwlad, they can play.

doesnt look like it

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:41 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Sir Ian clearly doesn't rate the decision

I'm pleased about that. A man with total integrity who knows about the tradition & what the shirt means to the players.

and who cried like a baby in 2009...he's a wimp and Gets has no time for sentimentality.

Classy.

this is pro sport, no time for men who cry.

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by RDW_Scotland on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:44 am

Gwlad wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Sir Ian clearly doesn't rate the decision

I'm pleased about that. A man with total integrity who knows about the tradition & what the shirt means to the players.

and who cried like a baby in 2009...he's a wimp and Gets has no time for sentimentality.

Classy.

this is pro sport, no time for men who cry.

I'm assuming you have no time for Shane Williams then since he was in floods of tears in his last Wales game?

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20949
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:46 am

Very solid start for the Lions so far.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Griff on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:46 am

Why is everyone biting with this WUM? Even the mods! Take your own advice and put him on ignore. Or just ignore. You're all falling into his trap far too easily.

Griff

Posts : 6888
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Taylorman on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:47 am

Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Oh look, a haka, there's. surprise Rolling Eyes

That bloke with the spear wants to be careful, he might have someone's eye out

That No 2 looks like Bruce the Bear

Hope they can play rugby as well as dance

Don't worry Gwlad, they can play.

doesnt look like it

Keep watching sonny. Big question is can the main Lions side score a try.

Taylorman

Posts : 8834
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:47 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Sir Ian clearly doesn't rate the decision

I'm pleased about that. A man with total integrity who knows about the tradition & what the shirt means to the players.

and who cried like a baby in 2009...he's a wimp and Gets has no time for sentimentality.

Classy.

this is pro sport, no time for men who cry.

I'm assuming you have no time for Shane Williams then since he was in floods of tears in his last Wales game?

end of Welsh career, doesn't count, he wasn't playing anymore

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:48 am

Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Oh look, a haka, there's. surprise Rolling Eyes

That bloke with the spear wants to be careful, he might have someone's eye out

That No 2 looks like Bruce the Bear

Hope they can play rugby as well as dance

Don't worry Gwlad, they can play.

doesnt look like it

Keep watching sonny. Big question is can the main Lions side score a try.

I am, they're rubbish

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:50 am

And just like that, the MAB's score. Poor mess up from North.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Taylorman on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:50 am

Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Oh look, a haka, there's. surprise Rolling Eyes

That bloke with the spear wants to be careful, he might have someone's eye out

That No 2 looks like Bruce the Bear

Hope they can play rugby as well as dance

Don't worry Gwlad, they can play.

doesnt look like it

Keep watching sonny. Big question is can the main Lions side score a try.

I am, they're rubbish

Gee look Gwlad, that's what they call a try. Your boys have yet to experience one of those but hey, keep trying with those little three pointers.

Taylorman

Posts : 8834
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by RDW_Scotland on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:50 am

Griff wrote:Why is everyone biting with this WUM? Even the mods! Take your own advice and put him on ignore. Or just ignore. You're all falling into his trap far too easily.

You are of course correct - he just hit a nerve there censored

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20949
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:50 am

North Doh

Maori have shown nothing so far, but one mistake and they're in. All came from Lions not protecting their ball after Itoje won a fine turnover in midfield.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 11599
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by BigGee on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:51 am

Any other winger than North would have played himself out of the test team after doing that!

BigGee

Posts : 3724
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:54 am

And that is was Davies can do.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Taylorman on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:54 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:North Doh

Maori have shown nothing so far, but one mistake and they're in. All came from Lions not protecting their ball after Itoje won a fine turnover in midfield.

That's all it takes for this side. They'll feast off scraps if they have to. Where the Lions will nibble at the banquet thumbsup

Taylorman

Posts : 8834
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Scottrf on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:55 am

Excellent break Davies!
avatar
Scottrf

Posts : 11908
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:58 am

Fine break from Davies, but once more the Lions fail to finish it off. Halfpenny penalty puts them back in front, but should have been more.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 11599
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:59 am

I think that Kruis is very lucky there, clear elbow to head. He was in the air for the charge down but could/should have done better there.

Kruis has also been at the heart of all the breakdowns in Lions attacks, very unusual for him.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:02 am

Sexton different class so far, looking a bit frustrated.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 11987
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:03 am

Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
Gwlad wrote:Oh look, a haka, there's. surprise Rolling Eyes

That bloke with the spear wants to be careful, he might have someone's eye out

That No 2 looks like Bruce the Bear

Hope they can play rugby as well as dance

Don't worry Gwlad, they can play.

doesnt look like it

Keep watching sonny. Big question is can the main Lions side score a try.

I am, they're rubbish

Gee look Gwlad, that's what they call a try. Your boys have yet to experience one of those but hey, keep trying with those little three pointers.

perfectly sums up that you know nowt about rugby old man....an opportunistic try from a Lions mistake, Maori are being outclassed in every facet with about 600% more tackling hanging on by their finger nails

Does Maori mean Bad Hair?

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Scottrf on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:04 am

Can you schoolkids stop bickering.
avatar
Scottrf

Posts : 11908
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by BigGee on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:06 am

At last the real Sexton has arrived in NZ. Jonathon Davies playing well also even if he still struggles with the final pass.

BigGee

Posts : 3724
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:06 am

The Lions just seem to be forcing this too much, silly offloads when not required. Composure lads.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by RDW_Scotland on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:09 am

This isn't overly inspiring.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 20949
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Scottrf on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:11 am

Think we make more yards rolling after being tackled than before.
avatar
Scottrf

Posts : 11908
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by RuggerRadge2611 on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:12 am

JD, Halfpenny and Sexton playing well... Not much else to shout about.
avatar
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 6728
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 32
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:12 am

We're winning ffs

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:13 am

Someone needs to tell Maori blokes to go forwards not sideways

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:14 am

Listen to Marshall Taylorman, he knows about rugby, you might learn something

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by ebop on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:14 am

By golly gosh you're a douche
avatar
ebop

Posts : 3509
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Taylorman on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:15 am

Cmon Maori, get those gears working. Lions are only putting on 3's as usual. thumbsup

Taylorman

Posts : 8834
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:17 am

A very good cover tackle there from Davies, been very impressed with him so far.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Taylorman on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:17 am

ebop wrote:By golly gosh you're a douche

Yeah he's going to start crying in about twenty minutes so better leave him be.

Maori look like they've absorbed the early stuff and the Lions forwards are starting to struggle.

Maori backs haven't even started yet.

Taylorman

Posts : 8834
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:18 am

Stupid from Furlong, ref clearly tells him to release and Maoris not going anywhere, daft penalty to give away.

All a bit uninspiring so far. Sexton's looked sharp, as has Davies, which is good.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 11599
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:20 am

How could POM not know the rules... That could have ended badly for the Lions.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:20 am

ebop wrote:By golly gosh you're a douche

You might too but I doubt it

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Taylorman on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:20 am

Geez how can an international kicker not know the rules or the final whistle?

Taylorman

Posts : 8834
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:21 am

Taylorman wrote:
ebop wrote:By golly gosh you're a douche

Yeah he's going to start crying in about twenty minutes so better leave him be.

Maori look like they've absorbed the early stuff and the Lions forwards are starting to struggle.

Maori backs haven't even started yet.

Laugh Laugh

You dont even know what you're looking at do you

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Mad for Chelsea on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:22 am

Itoje with another fine turnover at the breakdown, means Lions go in with a HT lead. Bit silly not knowing the new law there, but no damage done.

I think the Maoris have been a bit disappointing so far, not really showing anything in attack. Lions have played their usual structured, controlled game, but aside from a couple of breaks from Davies haven't really threatened either.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 11599
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by eirebilly on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:25 am

10 - 12 at half time. An opportunist try for the MAB's but some very uninspiring stuff from the Lions. Halfpenny doing exactly what he was brought in to do by kicking the points when on offer.

The Lions just look rushed and I fear that if the MAB's get more ball in the second half, they may stretch their legs and the Lions may struggle.
avatar
eirebilly

Posts : 21473
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 46
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Scottrf on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:25 am

Typical pick and go NZ side, 0 offloads.
avatar
Scottrf

Posts : 11908
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by ebop on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:27 am

To be fair to the Maori the Lions test side are very good in defence. The Crusaders found that out. It's just their lack of composure, vision and skill sets that limit their try scoring ability that lets them down. They haven't really looked like scoring a try.
avatar
ebop

Posts : 3509
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Griff on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:27 am

Taylorman wrote:Geez how can an international kicker not know the rules or the final whistle?

International kicker?

Griff

Posts : 6888
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Gwlad on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 9:29 am

Griff wrote:
Taylorman wrote:Geez how can an international kicker not know the rules or the final whistle?

International kicker?

Taylorman is tripping over his dentures again.

Gwlad

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2014-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Maori All Blacks v British & Irish Lions, 17 June

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum