The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argentina vs England, 2nd test

+29
Barney McGrew did it
RuggerRadge2611
DaveM
Cumbrian
Hood83
mikey_dragon
maestegmafia
SimonofSurrey
eirebilly
RDW
king_carlos
Sgt_Pooly
Poorfour
cascough
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
yappysnap
Exiledinborders
Cyril
lostinwales
SamTheQuin
Gooseberry
BamBam
Scottrf
No 7&1/2
beshocked
Fluxy
Geordie
LondonTiger
robbo277
33 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Argentina vs England, 2nd test - Page 5 Empty Argentina vs England, 2nd test

Post by robbo277 Wed 14 Jun 2017, 8:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Match Details

Venue: Estadio Brigadier Estanislao López, Santa Fe
Date: Saturday 17th June
Time: 20:15 BST
TV: BBC2

Officials

Referee - John Lacey (Ireland)
Assistant 1 - Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant 2 - Egon Seconds (South Africa)
TMO - Aaron Paterson (New Zealand)

Teams

Argentina
15 Joaquin Tuculet, 14 Ramiro Moyano, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Jeronimo de la Fuente, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Martín Landajo, 8 Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 7 Javier Ortega Desio, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Matias Alemanno, 3 Enrique Pieretto, 2 Agustín Creevy (captain), 1 Lucas Noguera Paz.
Replacements: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Santiago García Botta, 18 Ramiro Herrera, 19 Guido Petti, 20 Tomas Lezana, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22 Juan Martin Hernández, 23 Matias Moroni.

England
Argentina vs England, 2nd test - Page 5 DCYoTgqXUAEsqiu

Last edited by robbo277 on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Argentina vs England, 2nd test - Page 5 Empty Re: Argentina vs England, 2nd test

Post by yappysnap Tue 20 Jun 2017, 9:49 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Glad to hear Collier went so well on tour, he's not really hot the praise at Quins that he deserves as Synk picks up all the accolades.

I guess he's still behind Cole, Synkler and Mullan though?

A LH amongst TH's Yappy Wink

Ffs, look I have never been in a scrum in my life. It all sounds like made up words to me! Run

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Argentina vs England, 2nd test - Page 5 Empty Re: Argentina vs England, 2nd test

Post by Geordie Tue 20 Jun 2017, 10:27 am

yappysnap wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Glad to hear Collier went so well on tour, he's not really hot the praise at Quins that he deserves as Synk picks up all the accolades.

Ffs, look I have never been in a scrum in my life. It all sounds like made up words to me! Run

Tantrum like that...you must be one of the princesses in the backs laughing Very Happy Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 20 Jun 2017, 11:11 am

yappysnap wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

It is all made up. We just get in a huddle and laugh about how the backs thing we're doing really hard work, when really we are just grateful for the break. The front row play a game of "odds and evens" during the set sequence, with the loser eventually being shunted backwards.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm

Hood83 wrote:So what do we think are the positive and negatives from the tour? I'd have it as:

Positives

Our counter-attacking (or "transition" if you're from the SH) looked a step above anything I've seen previously. We converted sloppy mistakes from Argentina into tries from half chances. I thought that was a step in the right direction.  

Our depth is obviously extremely impressive, but we probably already knew that.

The next generation have had a taste of international rugby. I can't see it being anything but a good thing for Isiekwe, Curry and Underhill to play, and play that well, at this stage of their careers.

Ford's either in a rich vein of form, or he's raised his game another level. The same could be said for Launchbury. The other old hand Robshaw also looked fantastic.

Negatives

Scrum - It ended up holding up OK with Collier and Mullan against their replacement props, but my worry is this - we have a great stable of props, but most can either scrummage, or do everything else. I'm not sure we have any one who can do both. If we want to match the ABs I think either carriers like Genge, Mako and Sinckler need to significantly improve their scrummaging, or Collier etc. need to improve their mobility. I think we have the opposite problem with our locks - all fantastic all rounders, but perhaps not the greatest carriers.

Defence - Not bad but in the wide channels we seemed to get twisted and turned and up front there were times Argentina made a lot of ground. I'd expect a team like SA (given their recent improvements) to punish us there.

Structure - We were very, very loose at times. Perhaps it helped our counter-attacking game, but sometimes we looked a little clueless. I still think we need to get the ball away from the ruck quicker and hit the line at pace, whenever we did, we scored. We jut didn't do it enough.

Think you're wrong on the scrum, at least with the current props. Marler exceptionally good in the scrum these days, and offers a lot in the loose esp in defence and ruck. Sinck exceptional in the loose and probably better than Cole at scrummaging now, getting better all the time. Mako exceptional in the loose and getting better at the scrum. Genge getting better and looks to get there as a scrummager
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 18 Aug 2017, 4:00 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The scrum being a liability is exactly why Marler and Cole will still be around in 2019, if you can't do your primary job to a high standard first and foremost then the rest is irrelevant.

Plus Marler is only 1 year older than Mako...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 18 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

I think Sinckler's scrummaging for the Lions was impressive given the quality of the opposition. He made one bad mistake where he got his foot position wrong and slipped over, but other than that was generally on top in the scrum.

Mako was a bit more worrying, which is why I expect Eddie to continue to use him as an impact sub.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 18 Aug 2017, 4:28 pm

Sincks is not near Cole in the scrum. He looks handy for 2 or 3 set pieces when he comes on as sub but that is all. Different kettle of fish anchoring an Int scrum from the start, Cole is still one of the best.

If Sinks can improve his set piece work he has every chance to nail the shirt.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 18 Aug 2017, 6:43 pm

Think sinks has made some great strides in the scrum. Hard to tell with the amount of variables involved but would be good to see him start am AI to see.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5