[ 2 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

How long will Theresa May last as PM?

Post by MrInvisible on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 7:36 pm

Can she tough it out, or is she as Osborne says 'a dead woman' walking? To be fair she has lasted longer than Nuttall and Farron post-election! Also, looking into your crystal balls do you feel the Tories can survive this rocky patch and stay in power for a little while yet or do you feel another general election is not too far away?

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Re: How long will Theresa May last as PM?

Post by dummy_half on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 7:43 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tories with DUP help manage to cling on for a 5 year term, but there is no way May is leading them into the next election. I also think there's no appetite for another leadership contest in the Conservative party in the near term, especially given all the delays in getting the Brexit negotiations going.

My suspicion is that May will be leader until the end of the Brexit negotiation process (which I'm sure will be extended by about a year), and then out on her ear, so 2-4 years, most likely about 2.5 to 3

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by MrInvisible on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 2:13 pm

Since the election there's been lots of rumours in parts of media of a leadership challenge. One school of thought is that May will go imminently, after the Queen's Speech, clearing the way for a leadership contest over the summer. Another is that May will at least stay to steer Brexit through - so another couple of years.

The knives are certainly being sharpened behind the scenes though and a leadership challenge may emerge at any time.

MrInvisible

Back to top Go down

Post by Muscular-mouse on Sat 08 Jul 2017, 4:22 pm

seems like Michael gove and boris Johnson are already trying to undermine her by openly criticising her on key things such as the public sector pay freeze etc.

Both of those men wanted to be leader but lost to May and so it wouldn't surprise me if they were just criticising her not because they disagree with her but they see it as an easy way to get public support.

Muscular-mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum