Joke fights here we come!!

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

So it's confirmed.....mayweather vs Conor McGregor.
The lay public and mostly MMA fans will be most enthused by this fight. I think it's the start of a WWE style entertainment farce. People will be going crazy on social media about the legitimacy of this fight and how it's the greatest thing to ever happen. The reality is that it is chalk and cheese fighting......might as well pair Andy Murray up with Freddy flintoff for the WBA belt. The spanner in the works could be mayweather along lay off and age. Is this a horrendous scam fight or should we be excited that boxing is reaching even more platforms?

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down


Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 12:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let's be fair to Conor...After all John Saxon did well in that tournament in Enter the Dragon.

Don't always believe rumours, but apparently Brandon Rios Sparked McGregor in sparring.

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 1:46 pm

Hard to know what to believe. Could be true. Wouldnt it take a while to recover from a KO?


Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by rodders on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 1:47 pm

Guaranteed Mayweather get "injured" in camp and this gets rescheduled to give both more time to prepare and milk the buildup.

No chance this happens in August.
avatar
rodders

Posts : 23868
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 1:48 pm

rodders wrote:Guaranteed Mayweather get "injured" in camp and this gets rescheduled to give both more time to prepare and milk the buildup.

No chance this happens in August.

I think it's happening in August mate. The money is already there.

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 1:49 pm

I think McGregor is scheduled to fight Khabib in November.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 1:49 pm

It's December. Back to back losses for McGregor then.

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 1:53 pm

AdamT wrote:It's December. Back to back losses for McGregor then.

Put Khabib vs a bear on the undercard. Or Katie Taylor vs a kangaroo.


GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 2:12 pm

We were cheated out of Roberto Duran vs Bruce Lee..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 37241
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 2:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:We were cheated out of Roberto Duran vs Bruce Lee..

With available technology these days surely they could do a hologram fight of those two.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 2:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:We were cheated out of Roberto Duran vs Bruce Lee..

I think Duran could come back and beat Conor now.


AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by rodders on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 2:41 pm

AdamT wrote:
rodders wrote:Guaranteed Mayweather get "injured" in camp and this gets rescheduled to give both more time to prepare and milk the buildup.

No chance this happens in August.

I think it's happening in August mate. The money is already there.

I'll believe it when I see it, the UFC did the same with Aldo - McGregor and Diaz 2.
avatar
rodders

Posts : 23868
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 3:40 pm

rodders wrote:Guaranteed Mayweather get "injured" in camp and this gets rescheduled to give both more time to prepare and milk the buildup.

No chance this happens in August.

It's a one off money grab for village idiots to purchase...........Why should the two of them postpone ??

As Hearn found out when Chisora chucked a table there is no end of  fools around to be parted with money...

No doubt the "fight" will go ahead....

"Psst psst Conor... I am going to stay in this crouch for five seconds and I'll be open to a left and I'll go down and stay there for 8....You got that??"

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 37241
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 5:31 pm

First of all had Bruce Lee boxed NO ONE would have beaten him.

Secondly this is a joke fight as mentioned but Floyd has to rep boxing there is a lot of pressure on him to not make boxing look silly.

ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5493
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:We were cheated out of Roberto Duran vs Bruce Lee..

With available technology these days surely they could do a hologram fight of those two.

Project blue beam????


ONETWOFOREVER

Posts : 5493
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by erictheblueuk on Mon 17 Jul 2017, 9:42 pm

This is at worst an elaborate con on the public or at best an easy win win situation for both fighters.

Mayweather gets and easy fight to complete his 50 fight unbeaten record, Conner gets a huge payday and has the great excuse that he's not really a boxer. He can then challenge Floyd to a true MMA fight and then start calling Mayweather a coward when he inevitably refuses.
avatar
erictheblueuk

Posts : 573
Join date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 9:06 am

erictheblueuk wrote:This is at worst an elaborate con on the public or at best an easy win win situation for both fighters.

Mayweather gets and easy fight to complete his 50 fight unbeaten record, Conner gets a huge payday and has the great excuse that he's not really a boxer. He can then challenge Floyd to a true MMA fight and then start calling Mayweather a coward when he inevitably refuses.

Or McGregor will shock the world again and drop Floyd with a Crumlin clobber.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by No name Bertie on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 9:18 am

erictheblueuk wrote:This is at worst an elaborate con on the public or at best an easy win win situation for both fighters.

Mayweather gets and easy fight to complete his 50 fight unbeaten record, Conner gets a huge payday and has the great excuse that he's not really a boxer. He can then challenge Floyd to a true MMA fight and then start calling Mayweather a coward when he inevitably refuses.
Both Mayweather and McGregor are willing parties in this.  Mayweather has called criticism from the boxing community as due to jealousy (in terms of the money he is going to earn + the mass popularity & publicity it is receiving).  He has also "bigged" up McGregor's chances by saying he is unorthodox, unpredictable, and younger than he is.  He also used the victory of Horn, which he described as an ambitious school teacher, over Pacqiao to say that nothing is a sure thing.  McGregor, on his part, said in a recent interview that people shouldn't necessarily expect him to stick to the Queensbury Rules.

No name Bertie

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Tue 18 Jul 2017, 9:27 am

These two have met ages ago, likely in a vegas club!

They proceeded to lick each others balls and say how much money they can make, if they can square off.

Think about the trash talk. McGregor made fun of his taxes and not being able to read. Why didn't he go for the jugular and say "Floyd you haven't knocked a man out in 20 years. You are only good for knocking women about."

They both agreed not to get too personal. If they weren't friendly setting this thing up, you better believe Conor would of ridiculed him for beating his ex! WWE sh1t, that many casuals believe is genuine heat.

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 3:49 pm

I saw some of the sparring videos that have been referenced on this chat. Its is funny that people are buying into the possibility that the videos released were anything other than intentionally misleading propaganda videos from the McGregor camp. I mean he is moving around the ring like a turkey. Its pretty obvious if you have seen any of his fights that he can box.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 4:38 pm

Not saying you're wrong

But a lot of people won't buy it because it is a pathetic mismatch.  Be a bit silly to put out a video showing you are even crapper than people think...From a business point of view.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 37241
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 4:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not saying you're wrong

But a lot of people won't buy it because it is a pathetic mismatch.  Be a bit silly to put out a video showing you are even crapper than people think...From a business point of view.

I disagree both fighters are pretending they are worse than they are. Floyd himself is claiming he is not the fighter he was, too old, slowing down etc etc. Its all propaganda. It happens in all sports where teams or individuals play down their chances through the media to lure their opponent into complacency.

You say its a mismatch but I think you will be surprised.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 5:00 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not saying you're wrong

But a lot of people won't buy it because it is a pathetic mismatch.  Be a bit silly to put out a video showing you are even crapper than people think...From a business point of view.

I disagree both fighters are pretending they are worse than they are. Floyd himself is claiming he is not the fighter he was, too old, slowing down etc etc. Its all propaganda. It happens in all sports where teams or individuals play down their chances through the media to lure their opponent into complacency.

You say its a mismatch but I think you will be surprised.  

People said he was mismatched against Aldo, took him all of 13 secs to put that myth to rest. Also sold 1.2m in PPV, Im betting this will surpass that and the Pacquiao fight

marty2086

Posts : 7238
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 5:06 pm

Theoretically this should be a shut out for Floyd. The unpredictability of boxing however is the issue. Who'dve thought bellew had any chance against Haye? Didn't think Ohara Davies would lose either. Who is to say an "Achilles heel or twisted ankle" may not set up another high grossing showdown?!?

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 5:09 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not saying you're wrong

But a lot of people won't buy it because it is a pathetic mismatch.  Be a bit silly to put out a video showing you are even crapper than people think...From a business point of view.

I disagree both fighters are pretending they are worse than they are. Floyd himself is claiming he is not the fighter he was, too old, slowing down etc etc. Its all propaganda. It happens in all sports where teams or individuals play down their chances through the media to lure their opponent into complacency.

You say its a mismatch but I think you will be surprised.  

I'm pointing out the reason stopping many from buying is the fact that McGregor is a novice and has little chance....So it hardly seems wise to be propagating that you are crap if you want people to purchase the thing..

I wouldn't watch it...If it was free..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 37241
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by marty2086 on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 5:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not saying you're wrong

But a lot of people won't buy it because it is a pathetic mismatch.  Be a bit silly to put out a video showing you are even crapper than people think...From a business point of view.

I disagree both fighters are pretending they are worse than they are. Floyd himself is claiming he is not the fighter he was, too old, slowing down etc etc. Its all propaganda. It happens in all sports where teams or individuals play down their chances through the media to lure their opponent into complacency.

You say its a mismatch but I think you will be surprised.  

I'm pointing out the reason stopping many from buying is the fact that McGregor is a novice and has little chance....So it hardly seems wise to be propagating that you are crap if you want people to purchase the thing..

I wouldn't watch it...If it was free..

Its not just about the main event though, if they stack the undercard that could draw

marty2086

Posts : 7238
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 31
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 2:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not saying you're wrong

But a lot of people won't buy it because it is a pathetic mismatch.  Be a bit silly to put out a video showing you are even crapper than people think...From a business point of view.

I disagree both fighters are pretending they are worse than they are. Floyd himself is claiming he is not the fighter he was, too old, slowing down etc etc. Its all propaganda. It happens in all sports where teams or individuals play down their chances through the media to lure their opponent into complacency.

You say its a mismatch but I think you will be surprised.  

I'm pointing out the reason stopping many from buying is the fact that McGregor is a novice and has little chance....So it hardly seems wise to be propagating that you are crap if you want people to purchase the thing..

I wouldn't watch it...If it was free..

The fight would never happen if people weren't going to buy it. It will break records.

I bet you will watch it, even if just the highlights.

McGregor will KO Floyd in the third round. You heard it here first.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 2:32 pm

I think our conversation has run its course.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 37241
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by EX7EY on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 2:35 pm

Are the people that actually believe Conor will beat Floyd genuinely being serious are are you on a wind up? I don't get it? How can people think this is remotely possible? Please tell me.

EX7EY

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 30
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 2:38 pm

EX7EY wrote:Are the people that actually believe Conor will beat Floyd genuinely being serious are are you on a wind up? I don't get it? How can people think this is remotely possible? Please tell me.

Put your granny's pension on it. It will happen. When you get hit with one of those bombs you do the chicken dance then you drop.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by EX7EY on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 2:45 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
EX7EY wrote:Are the people that actually believe Conor will beat Floyd genuinely being serious are are you on a wind up? I don't get it? How can people think this is remotely possible? Please tell me.

Put your granny's pension on it. It will happen. When you get hit with one of those bombs you do the chicken dance then you drop.

On wind up then, thanks for answering promptly

EX7EY

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 30
Location : Salford

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 4:04 pm

No I do think McGregor will win by TKO. Id say a lot of people will be calling it a fix afterwards.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 8:54 pm

I doubt McGregor hits harder Than Cotto, Oscar, Manny etc.

His power is good against flat footed, chin the air mma guys.

I like Conor, but he's getting smashed.

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Thu 20 Jul 2017, 9:23 pm

Why not? McGregor is bigger than those guys.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Eyetoldyouso Yesterday at 11:35 am

My kids are telling me that Steve Austin will jump into the ring and knockout the referee while at the same time Triple H will attempt to break up the mass brawl that ensues. Should be a laugh

Eyetoldyouso

Posts : 594
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 63
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Yesterday at 11:42 am

Eyetoldyouso wrote:My kids are telling me that Steve Austin will jump into the ring and knockout the referee while at the same time Triple H will attempt to break up the mass brawl that ensues. Should be a laugh

I dont get the WWE comparisons although admittedly I dont watch WWE. WWE is fake though but there will be nothing fake about this fight.

The trash talk and pantomime of the build up is a bit over blown and boring but its not like this is the only sport that trash talk and hype exists.

If you know anything about McGregor you will know that he didn't sign up for this just to cash his pay check even if he does constantly bank on about money. It means the world to him to beat Floyd so he will probably go all out attack to try to do it quickly. Whether it works or not remains to be seen but it will be entertaining.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 Yesterday at 12:02 pm

I can only assume you're not a boxing fan because I can't imagine anyone who knows anything about it would give McGregor a chance, seems to be the UFC fans who think windmilling will work against the best defensive boxer of the past 25 years.

LionsV2

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by huw Yesterday at 12:06 pm

Is it funny or sad that this boxing contest between a former great boxer who retired a few years ago and a MMA fighter who has no professional boxing experience is getting much more publicity and will generate far more money than GGG vs Alvarez?


huw

Posts : 1171
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Yesterday at 12:27 pm

LionsV2 wrote:I can only assume you're not a boxing fan because I can't imagine anyone who knows anything about it would give McGregor a chance, seems to be the UFC fans who think windmilling will work against the best defensive boxer of the past 25 years.


Boxing fans dont want to believe that McGregor will have a chance because it would make their sport silly. However, the reality is though McGregor is already a good boxer who is just called something different, an MMA fighter. Any athlete who is the best at what they do will already have lots of transferable skill that allow them to excel at similar sports. McGregor is pretty special though and his hunger to win doesnt appear to have any limits.

A large proportion of Irish rugby players come from Gaelic football or hurling backgrounds.


GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Yesterday at 12:28 pm

huw wrote:Is it funny or sad that this boxing contest between a former great boxer who retired a few years ago and a MMA fighter who has no professional boxing experience is getting much more publicity and will generate far more money than GGG vs Alvarez?


Maybe for you but the fact that it is on track to break pay per view records suggests that to a lot of people it is neither.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by DuransHorse Yesterday at 12:42 pm

Hi guys.  Long time since I've logged in but been reading on quite a few occasions.

I'm seriously thinking of putting a lot of money on Floyd just to win with a small return.  I can think of a few ways McGregor can throw Floyd off his game if he plays it a little unpredictable.  Is McGregor allowed to pretend to throw a kick to draw out mistakes from Floyd or make him nervous?  Floyd is old but he's a pro and always in shape so not too worried but it's an issue I guess.  There are no boots I believe so could that be a problem for Floyd?

If this was 100% Marquess of Queensberry rules I'd put every penny on Floyd to win at anything less than 1/7.  Money in the bank.  It's almost all in favour of the boxer, then you add in it's Mayweather.  Mentally I think he's just as resilient as McGregor and I just think it's almost a one horse race.

DuransHorse

Posts : 684
Join date : 2014-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT Yesterday at 12:47 pm

Floyd wins easy lol

Floyd Sr would give him a run now. He can't box at an elite level.

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Yesterday at 12:51 pm

AdamT wrote:Floyd wins easy lol

Floyd Sr would give him a run now. He can't box at an elite level.

Floyd Senior would leave the ring in a body bag. He hasnt fought in 30 years. How do you know McGregor cant fight at elite level?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT Yesterday at 12:52 pm

Because I have seen his movements and hands in the octagon. Good for UFC, but a lot slower than elite boxers. Hope you're on here 27 August. I suspect you're really trolling though.

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by DuransHorse Yesterday at 12:59 pm

I only heard the "no boots" thing on a youtube radio boxing broadcast yesterday but can't find anything more on that? Does anyone know if anything is being done a little unusually in favour of McGregor? If McGregor does do a little of the unusual, within reason, I can’t see the ref DQing him. As he can’t win on points, in my opinion, he has nothing to lose from being unpredictable and making Floyd believe he might go UFC on him.

DuransHorse

Posts : 684
Join date : 2014-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Yesterday at 1:02 pm

AdamT wrote:Because I have seen his movements and hands in the octagon. Good for UFC, but a lot slower than elite boxers. Hope you're on here 27 August. I suspect you're really trolling though.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong it hardly matters its only a sport. I am booking a big house to party Dan Bilzarian style and watch it with friends so I may or may not be on line or coherent.

For nearly every UFC fight McGregor has had people have predicted his defeat based on his movement/hands/wrestling the fact that he has never faced a Shaolin monk etc. and yet he keeps defying the odds. The dude was a plumber 4 years ago and now he is fighting Floyd. You dont make a rise like that if you dont have something special.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT Yesterday at 1:20 pm

He does have something special. In MMA!

AdamT

Posts : 6406
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Yesterday at 1:55 pm

AdamT wrote:He does have something special. In MMA!

Well I guess we will have to wait and see.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2315
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Cyril Yesterday at 2:14 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
AdamT wrote:Because I have seen his movements and hands in the octagon. Good for UFC, but a lot slower than elite boxers. Hope you're on here 27 August. I suspect you're really trolling though.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong it hardly matters its only a sport. I am booking a big house to party Dan Bilzarian style and watch it with friends so I may or may not be on line or coherent.

For nearly every UFC fight McGregor has had people have predicted his defeat based on his movement/hands/wrestling the fact that he has never faced a Shaolin monk etc. and yet he keeps defying the odds. The dude was a plumber 4 years ago and now he is fighting Floyd. You dont make a rise like that if you dont have something special.
He's got about as much chance as Mario or Luigi.

I doubt anyone other than a crazed MMA fan or a proud Irish person is going to bet on McGregor.

Cyril

Posts : 6053
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by BoxingFan88 Yesterday at 2:18 pm

I'm curious to see how much Floyd has to hold back to not make it a bigger joke than it already is

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3692
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 Yesterday at 2:19 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:I can only assume you're not a boxing fan because I can't imagine anyone who knows anything about it would give McGregor a chance, seems to be the UFC fans who think windmilling will work against the best defensive boxer of the past 25 years.


Boxing fans dont want to believe that McGregor will have a chance because it would make their sport silly. However, the reality is though McGregor is already a good boxer who is just called something different, an MMA fighter. Any athlete who is the best at what they do will already have lots of transferable skill that allow them to excel at similar sports. McGregor is pretty special though and his hunger to win doesnt appear to have any limits.

A large proportion of Irish rugby players come from Gaelic football or hurling backgrounds.



Erm McGregor isn't a good boxer at all nor is he actually the best in the world in MMA.

LionsV2

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum