Joke fights here we come!!

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

So it's confirmed.....mayweather vs Conor McGregor.
The lay public and mostly MMA fans will be most enthused by this fight. I think it's the start of a WWE style entertainment farce. People will be going crazy on social media about the legitimacy of this fight and how it's the greatest thing to ever happen. The reality is that it is chalk and cheese fighting......might as well pair Andy Murray up with Freddy flintoff for the WBA belt. The spanner in the works could be mayweather along lay off and age. Is this a horrendous scam fight or should we be excited that boxing is reaching even more platforms?

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 65
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down


Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:56 pm

Haha

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Pedro147 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:30 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Floyd to be KOd by round 4. Mystic Mac predicts these tings.

Just like he was going to knock out Diaz before their first fight.

Pedro147

Posts : 854
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Derbymanc on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 3:37 pm

I was gonna go with the king CON bit but thought it was too easy :-)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 9:40 am

Heres the Paulie knock down

https://instagram.com/p/BXrdz9qAL4M/

Doesnt look like a push to me. Looks like Paulie is full of sh1t

Hey but the boxing fans said McGregor cant spar. Lol

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Derbymanc on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 9:49 am

anyone can spar, we said he can't box very well which from everything we've seen shows he can't ;-)

King CON is in da house ;-)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 10:10 am

Paulie admitted losing the first sparring session and got knocked down in the second but sure McGregor cant box

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Derbymanc on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 10:41 am

Too wild for my liking, looks awkward (as in he's not sure what to do) and can see Floyd letting him hit air for a few rounds before taking him out.

The only thing i've saw from Paulie is the knockdown and him saying he won every round bar 2 (the last 2 i believe) plus he flip flops more often than a Pac fan trying to explain how he really beat Floyd ;-)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by milkyboy on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 11:23 am

Well it was a punch not a push.. looked like one of those were he was caught flat footed and knocked off balance.

But how fat does Paulie look... didn't know mcgregor was after cruisersweight sparring.

milkyboy

Posts : 7706
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 11:25 am

We'll ignore that he's pushing Malignaggi's head down and that his form is absolutely terrible.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 12:31 pm

Look at the slaps McGregor throws lol

Body punches stoppage. Easy win for Floyd.

AdamT

Posts : 6616
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by melv500 on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 3:08 pm

Mayweather TKO for me pretty much anytime he wants. MMA is a different sport and the punches are generally thrown singularly. Not saying Mayweather will spark him but McG won't be used to solid multiple punches coming at him at once. His defence won't stand up to it as he just isn't used to it. Mayweather to overwhelm him and ref to step in. It's a circus so will prob carry him a few rounds first.

melv500

Posts : 310
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm

What's been released is spliced footage. We see a 10 second segment of Connor on top, then a cut scene of a knockdown, while he was off balance.

I've sparred with pros and as Pauline says you go in fresh (otherwise they would kick my head in).

Pauline is out of shape, past it, and offers zero threat when it comes to punch power. He was brought in, as an ex world champion, in purely as a confidence booster.

Connor is ridiculously unorthodox, so it's impossible for Mayweather to bring a replica into traiining.

Will it make a difference? Ofcourse not. Connor will land the occasional eye catching pot Poopie, nothing more. It will be a complete shut out. Still really excited for the fight. Everyone is talking about it and boxing comes out n top. Fantastic for the sport, in general terms.




3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 12:31 am

Agree, exposure-wise it is great for fight fans as an entertainment factor and the what-if. I'm not really a fan but would like Mayweather to win for the sake of boxing.......but can you imagine IF he got sparked by one of conners hooks in the fourth?!?.........golden brownnnn texture like sunnnn

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 65
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Herman Jaeger on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 7:58 am


Herman Jaeger

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:26 am

Mcgregor the racist but unsurprisingly you don't care about that.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

I think McGregor does say some things that could be considered rascist but its more out of ignorance than a hatred for other races. I think he should choose his words more carefully but his off the cuff brashness is also part of the appeal so he is bound to slip up at times and he definitely has.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:07 am

3fingers wrote:What's been released is spliced footage. We see a 10 second segment of Connor on top, then a cut scene of a knockdown, while he was off balance.

I've sparred with pros and as Pauline says you go in fresh (otherwise they would kick my head in).

Pauline is out of shape, past it, and offers zero threat when it comes to punch power. He was brought in, as an ex world champion, in purely as a confidence booster.

Connor is ridiculously unorthodox, so it's impossible for Mayweather to bring a replica into traiining.

Will it make a difference? Ofcourse not. Connor will land the occasional eye catching pot Poopie, nothing more. It will be a complete shut out. Still really excited for the fight. Everyone is talking about it and boxing comes out n top. Fantastic for the sport, in general terms.




Paulie claimed he would be able to beat McGregor with one hand tied behind his back with his chin clamped up in the air to give mcgegor something to aim at. He said even the cameraman could beat McGregor.

The fact is McGregor beat the sh1t out of Paulie and now the excuses are coming. Its pathetic.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Derbymanc on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:11 am

I don't think Mcgregor was even close to beating the sh!t out of Mcgregor, he got knocked over (push or punch, yewwww decide) but comfortably beat him over the other 8 or so rounds. Ain't looking good for the Con man really

Derbymanc

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

There wasnt a scratch on McGregor after either session. Paulie was concussed with a black eye afer the second and he admits he lost the first. What more do you need?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:15 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
3fingers wrote:What's been released is spliced footage. We see a 10 second segment of Connor on top, then a cut scene of a knockdown, while he was off balance.

I've sparred with pros and as Pauline says you go in fresh (otherwise they would kick my head in).

Pauline is out of shape, past it, and offers zero threat when it comes to punch power. He was brought in, as an ex world champion, in purely as a confidence booster.

Connor is ridiculously unorthodox, so it's impossible for Mayweather to bring a replica into traiining.

Will it make a difference? Ofcourse not. Connor will land the occasional eye catching pot Poopie, nothing more. It will be a complete shut out. Still really excited for the fight. Everyone is talking about it and boxing comes out n top. Fantastic for the sport, in general terms.




Paulie claimed he would be able to beat McGregor with one hand tied behind his back with his chin clamped up in the air to give mcgegor something to aim at. He said even the cameraman could beat McGregor.

The fact is McGregor beat the sh1t out of Paulie and now the excuses are coming. Its pathetic.

You don't understand boxing nor do you understand sparring, all you're doing is constantly showing yourself up, maybe we should get Stuart Barnes to referee the fight.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:17 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:There wasnt a scratch on McGregor after either session. Paulie was concussed with a black eye afer the second and he admits he lost the first. What more do you need?

There was barely a scratch on Julio Cesar Chavez after he received an 11 round beating from Meldrick Taylor whilst the latter looked like he'd been in a car accident after getting beaten round the ring in the 12th. It's too simplistic an argument to look purely at the physical damage, some people mark up easier than others.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Derbymanc on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:19 am

He's taking the pee Lions (sometimes) and it's making for debate so it's all good.

You do realise Paulie can't punch his way out of a wet paper bag dontchu Germs?, and i thought Paulie had said he'd won the first session and then won all rounds bar the last 2 in the second, which i kind of agree with as he's asked for all of the footage to be released and yet funnily enough it's not been, nor have the Con mans camp mentioned it (despite there being camera's all around the gym)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Herman Jaeger on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

LionsV2 wrote:Mcgregor the racist but unsurprisingly you don't care about that.

Being racist is tribal that's why non multicultural  societies stridently protect the status quo so perhaps the question we should look at is whether the tribal instinct is weakened in a multicultural society. When the minority remains a minority it's harmless but when it becomes equal or even the majority then it's problems ain't it power struggles etc.?


Last edited by Herman Jaeger on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Herman Jaeger on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 12:07 pm

- how do I erase a post I pressed quote instead of edit

Herman Jaeger

Posts : 2831
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 12:29 pm

Guns, you can't judge a fight, never mind a spar, based on someone's bruises. Pauline is a powder puff puncher, that fact, paired with 16oz gloves means it's unlikely Mcgreggors face would be bashed up.

Paulie prior to the spar talked himself up while underestimating Mcreggor. That is a silly mistake to make, always.

Boxers get caught while sparring muay thai/mma guys, they throw weird shots which can be difficult to read in the beginning. Getting caught during a 30 second edited clip in no way represents the ebb and flow over 36 minutes of competitive sparring.

Mcgreggor is fighting fit, while Pauline is not. I expect both guys had success during the session. To imply Mcgreggor beat him without proof is nonsense.

3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 12:45 pm

LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
3fingers wrote:What's been released is spliced footage. We see a 10 second segment of Connor on top, then a cut scene of a knockdown, while he was off balance.

I've sparred with pros and as Pauline says you go in fresh (otherwise they would kick my head in).

Pauline is out of shape, past it, and offers zero threat when it comes to punch power. He was brought in, as an ex world champion, in purely as a confidence booster.

Connor is ridiculously unorthodox, so it's impossible for Mayweather to bring a replica into traiining.

Will it make a difference? Ofcourse not. Connor will land the occasional eye catching pot Poopie, nothing more. It will be a complete shut out. Still really excited for the fight. Everyone is talking about it and boxing comes out n top. Fantastic for the sport, in general terms.




Paulie claimed he would be able to beat McGregor with one hand tied behind his back with his chin clamped up in the air to give mcgegor something to aim at. He said even the cameraman could beat McGregor.

The fact is McGregor beat the sh1t out of Paulie and now the excuses are coming. Its pathetic.

You don't understand boxing nor do you understand sparring, all you're doing is constantly showing yourself up, maybe we should get Stuart Barnes to referee the fight.

You are absolutely right Im not an expert on boxing nor MMA. I am a fan of MMA and amature boxing. I dont claim to have extensive technical knowledge of either. The hilarious thing for me is that you claim to be an expert when its fairly obvious you havent a clue and are just a fan too.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 12:47 pm

3fingers wrote:Guns, you can't judge a fight, never mind a spar, based on someone's bruises. Pauline is a powder puff puncher, that fact, paired with 16oz gloves means it's unlikely Mcgreggors face would be bashed up.

Paulie prior to the spar talked himself up while underestimating Mcreggor. That is a silly mistake to make, always.

Boxers get caught while sparring muay thai/mma guys, they throw weird shots which can be difficult to read in the beginning. Getting caught during a 30 second edited clip in no way represents the ebb and flow over 36 minutes of competitive sparring.

Mcgreggor is fighting fit, while Pauline is not. I expect both guys had success during the session. To imply Mcgreggor beat him without proof is nonsense.
 

Im sure you are right but it also sounds like excuses to me. Boxing fans keep moving the goal posts. First Paulie is gonna destroy McGregor in sparring then lots of excuses why Paulie lost.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

McGregor isnt taking on Mayweather to take part he is there to take over. Its coming. Believe

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 1:19 pm

Can you explain what you mean by lost, then why you think he lost. Cheers.

3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 1:33 pm

3fingers wrote:Can you explain what you mean by lost, then why you think he lost. Cheers.

Paulie admitted McGregor got the better of him in sparring. He has said so in multiple interviews. Paulie blames it on his lack of condition despite saying he could beat McGregor with one hand behind his back.

https://youtu.be/op0uEw_au7Y

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 1:47 pm

I'll make no apologies for Paulies mouth, that's his problem.
The linked interview seems to be about the first sparring session, though I hope Mcgreggor got the better of him over both, because It will make for a better fight (if Mcgreggor is better than I anticipate).

I'm really looking forward to this bout.

3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 2:29 pm

There's not really winning and losing in sparring, it's training.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 2:58 pm

You never leave a ring without assessing your performance; ultimately thinking did I get the better of that exchange. There's always winners and losers.

3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 3:35 pm

3fingers wrote:You never leave a ring without assessing your performance; ultimately thinking did I get the better of that exchange. There's always winners and losers.

Agreed. Yes the video I posted was re the first session. The second session there was what looked like a knock down to me. Hand on heart I believe Paulie pulled out of the sparring not because of the photo but because he was getting beat up and now looks silly given what he has been saying. McGregor said his team were worried about Paulie because he looked concussed after the second session and was stumbling. I believe McGregor more than Paulie because the stuff McGregor says generally turns out to be true whereas the little I know of Paulie he seems to spout a lot of nonsense that turns out to be a load of nonsense.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 4:30 pm

Paulie lost to Hatton lol

What relevance does a fat Paulie have to Floyd. His punch makes Floyd's look like Julian Jackson!

6 rounds max. Easiest fight of Floyd's career!

AdamT

Posts : 6616
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 4:34 pm

Adam you were singing a different tune before the sparring. Was it you that said Floyd Senior would beat McGregor up? I agree though Floyd is about 4 times better than Paulie who is not as unfit as he or anyone else like to claim. He only retired earlier this year.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 5:21 pm

^ retired for year after getting beat by eggington, then finally realising he was finished (10 years after his short lived prime). A guy like Pauline would need to be fit to get the best out of sparring because without a punch he would having nothing to rely upon other than experience (which doesn't get you too far without the fitness to carryout the moves).

3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 6:06 pm

Was that fight not in March? 5 months ago? Anyway he is definitely fairly obviously past his best.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 6:09 pm

One of McGregor sparring partners said the sessions were close with Paulie.

Anyway even IF he did get the better of Paulie, does it matter?

Do you really believe Conor can win? Please tell me you're trolling. If you're not trolling, what mental home are you in? It's good of them to provide WiFi!

AdamT

Posts : 6616
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 6:16 pm

AdamT wrote:One of McGregor sparring partners said the sessions were close with Paulie.

Anyway even IF he did get the better of Paulie, does it matter?

Do you really believe Conor can win? Please tell me you're trolling. If you're not trolling, what mental home are you in? It's good of them to provide WiFi!

Adam you are getting boring now. All your arguements revolve around insulting those that you disagree with. Yes I think McGregor will KO Floyd.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 6:52 pm

Guns, yeah probably about 5cmonths ago. It's been a long year.

3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:41 pm

Paulie looked very out of shape against a bigger and more athletic mcgregor. Paulie is not Floyd though.

TheSquaredCircle

Posts : 65
Join date : 2017-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 10:54 pm

Your ignorance is insulting. You're definitely trolling. FFS, I reckon even Conor's family are betting on Floyd.

AdamT

Posts : 6616
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by 3fingers on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:29 pm

You're a troll, you clueless gimp.

3fingers

Posts : 1478
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by melv500 on Mon 14 Aug 2017, 5:32 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
AdamT wrote:One of McGregor sparring partners said the sessions were close with Paulie.

Anyway even IF he did get the better of Paulie, does it matter?

Do you really believe Conor can win? Please tell me you're trolling. If you're not trolling, what mental home are you in? It's good of them to provide WiFi!

Adam you are getting boring now. All your arguements revolve around insulting those that you disagree with. Yes I think McGregor will KO Floyd.

Guns can you explain your thinking behind how McG will knoock out Mayweather? I just cannot see how there is any rationale for it however curious to hear yours? Sorry if you have been over already but this is a massive thread to go back on. Cheers

melv500

Posts : 310
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by AdamT on Mon 14 Aug 2017, 7:28 pm

3fingers wrote:You're a troll, you clueless gimp.

Listen to Max Kellerman lol tw@t

AdamT

Posts : 6616
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by LionsV2 on Tue 15 Aug 2017, 8:37 am

Dana White comes out saying it's a one sided beating confirming to me the McGregor camp will say anything to try and sell tickets.

LionsV2

Posts : 791
Join date : 2017-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Derbymanc on Tue 15 Aug 2017, 8:49 am

But did he say who's getting the one sided beating :-), the more i hear about it the more of a laugh it all is. Is anyone actually taking this serious anymore?

Derbymanc

Posts : 3729
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 15 Aug 2017, 9:32 am

melv500 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
AdamT wrote:One of McGregor sparring partners said the sessions were close with Paulie.

Anyway even IF he did get the better of Paulie, does it matter?

Do you really believe Conor can win? Please tell me you're trolling. If you're not trolling, what mental home are you in? It's good of them to provide WiFi!

Adam you are getting boring now. All your arguements revolve around insulting those that you disagree with. Yes I think McGregor will KO Floyd.

Guns can you explain your thinking behind how McG will knoock out Mayweather? I just cannot see how there is any rationale for it however curious to hear yours? Sorry if you have been over already but this is a massive thread to go back on. Cheers

No problem. Its mostly about McGregor's belief. 4-5 years ago he was on the dole in Ireland pretty much penniless telling everyone that would listen that he would one day be UFC champion. Even his father thought he was a head case and told him to stick to plumbing. A few years later he became the first ever man to hold two belts at the same time.

It was just as unbelievable back then that he would even be a contender in the UFC as it is now that he can beat Floyd. In fact in practically every fight McGregor has had to date people have vehemently doubted him but almost always he does what he says he is going to do. He 100% believes that he will defeat Floyd and will go into that fight with bullet proof confidence.

When you are dealing with competition of this magnitude mentality plays a huge part and often because it can be fairly intangible it can be McGregor's trump card and as such people time and time again dont see it coming.

People are also massively under rating McGregor physically too based on sparring videos and unorthodox workouts. Even Floyd's methods were ridiculed before he became the figher he was at his peak. Lots of people who were previously mocking McGregor in MMA are now copying his methods. Physically McGregor is also quite a bit bigger than Mayweather. Throw in 8 ounce gloves, and a big sprinkling of the unknown for me it sets it up for McGregor to knock Floyd down in the third round given that he does have a powerful left arm.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Pedro147 on Tue 15 Aug 2017, 9:47 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:There wasnt a scratch on McGregor after either session. Paulie was concussed with a black eye afer the second and he admits he lost the first. What more do you need?

This was already addressed by both camps. McGregor wears a head guard that covers the face ( standard for MMA sparring) where as Paulie wore one that doesn't cover as much of the face hence the different in markings on their respective faces.

Pedro147

Posts : 854
Join date : 2011-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum