The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joke fights here we come!!

+51
Sidestep
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Collapse2005
ShockmasterV2
Pedro147
paperbag_puncher
eirebilly
Derbymanc
catchweight
3fingers
Cyril
DuransHorse
Eyetoldyouso
EX7EY
wheelchair1991
erictheblueuk
compelling and rich
Seanusarrilius
beshocked
LionsV2
smashingstormcrow
GunsGermsV2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
rodders
JabMachineMK2
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
Mochyn du
Mr Bounce
Rodney
CallMeBenji
Kingshu
hazharrison
huw
owen10ozzy
melv500
BoxingFan88
ONETWOFOREVER
marty2086
Hammersmith harrier
Atila
mobilemaster8
Scottrf
milkyboy
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
Dylan1979
TheSquaredCircle
55 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 13 Empty Joke fights here we come!!

Post by TheSquaredCircle Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 23:34

First topic message reminder :

So it's confirmed.....mayweather vs Conor McGregor.
The lay public and mostly MMA fans will be most enthused by this fight. I think it's the start of a WWE style entertainment farce. People will be going crazy on social media about the legitimacy of this fight and how it's the greatest thing to ever happen. The reality is that it is chalk and cheese fighting......might as well pair Andy Murray up with Freddy flintoff for the WBA belt. The spanner in the works could be mayweather along lay off and age. Is this a horrendous scam fight or should we be excited that boxing is reaching even more platforms?

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Joke fights here we come!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Joke fights here we come!!

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 9:52

Pedro147 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:There wasnt a scratch on McGregor after either session. Paulie was concussed with a black eye afer the second and he admits he lost the first. What more do you need?

This was already addressed by both camps. McGregor wears a head guard that covers the face ( standard for MMA sparring) where as Paulie wore one that doesn't cover as much of the face hence the different in markings on their respective faces.

Are you telling me you think that Paulie probably won the sparring sessions?

I think there is enough evidence out there at this stage to suggest that he took a beating and that is why he quit the camp. Paulie is now campaigning for a fight v McGregor after the Floyd fight. Its getting embarrassing for Paulie now IMO. He still claims it was a push that knocked him to the canvas for god sake.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 9:53

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
No problem. Its mostly about McGregor's belief. 4-5 years ago he was on the dole in Ireland pretty much penniless telling everyone that would listen that he would one day be UFC champion. Even his father thought he was a head case and told him to stick to plumbing. A few years later he became the first ever man to hold two belts at the same time.

It was just as unbelievable back then that he would even be a contender in the UFC as it is now that he can beat Floyd. In fact in practically every fight McGregor has had to date people have vehemently doubted him but almost always he does what he says he is going to do. He 100% believes that he will defeat Floyd and will go into that fight with bullet proof confidence.

When you are dealing with competition of this magnitude mentality plays a huge part and often because it can be fairly intangible it can be McGregor's trump card and as such people time and time again dont see it coming.

People are also massively under rating McGregor physically too based on sparring videos and unorthodox workouts. Even Floyd's methods were ridiculed before he became the figher he was at his peak. Lots of people who were previously mocking McGregor in MMA are now copying his methods. Physically McGregor is also quite a bit bigger than Mayweather. Throw in 8 ounce gloves, and a big sprinkling of the unknown for me it sets it up for McGregor to knock Floyd down in the third round given that he does have a powerful left arm.
The 49-0 Floyd Mayweather has no belief in his boxing ability does he, nor did Genaro Hernandez or Ricky Hatton or Saul Alvarez or Manny Pacquiao or any of the other world champions who came up short?

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 9:58

Im sure he does but that doesnt mean you cannot put him under pressure or mentally break him. I dont think anyone is better at doing this than McGregor.

49-0 is a great record and Floyd is a great fighter but he definitely doesnt have the same anytime, anyone, anywhere attitude to fighting that McGregor does. As such I dont think McGregor is in awe of Floyd's record at all.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 9:59

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:There wasnt a scratch on McGregor after either session. Paulie was concussed with a black eye afer the second and he admits he lost the first. What more do you need?

This was already addressed by both camps. McGregor wears a head guard that covers the face ( standard for MMA sparring) where as Paulie wore one that doesn't cover as much of the face hence the different in markings on their respective faces.

I think there is enough evidence out there at this stage to suggest that he took a beating and that is why he quit the camp. Paulie is now campaigning for a fight v McGregor after the Floyd fight. Its getting embarrassing for Paulie now IMO. He still claims it was a push that knocked him to the canvas for god sake.

Please point me to where I've even suggested this?

I've simply advised why there was a difference in the face markings.

Paulie has nothing to do with the fight with Floyd so what happened in their sparring session is a distraction for everybody for the fight. Dana White, McGregor and Paulie are all loud mouths so it's gaining massive traction. It's such a pointless thing and I don't know why it's getting so much airplay.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:03

Yeah I think Paulie beat him in sparring, there's something dodgy about releasing a quick clip of something and refusing to release the whole video.

although Paulie asking to take on Mcgregor next is bonkers, but i wouldn't expect anything less from this exhibition (also maybe it was Paulie's plan all along)

I like you confidence Germy and hope you stick around after this bout

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:03

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Im sure he does but that doesnt mean you cannot put him under pressure or mentally break him. I dont think anyone is better at doing this than McGregor.

49-0 is a great record and Floyd is a great fighter but he definitely doesnt have the same anytime, anyone, anywhere attitude to fighting that McGregor does. As such I dont think McGregor is in awe of Floyd's record at all.

So you think Conor McGregor with iron will and no pro boxing experience is better placed to beat Mayweather than the world class Saul Alvarez who also has iron will or say Manny Pacquiao who came from an impoverished background? The 43-0 Ricky Hatton didn't have the required attitude either?

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:05

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

What evidence? A 14 second clip, or a pack of people on McGregor's pay roll saying he 'won' a sparring session? The young fella Bradley said it was a close spar. No doubt he is saying the opposite now. These guys are desperately trying to sell Conor as a legitimate threat.

Easiest win Floyd has had in years.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:10

Pedro147 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:

Please point me to where I've even suggested this?

I've simply advised why there was a difference in the face markings.

Paulie has nothing to do with the fight with Floyd so what happened in their sparring session is a distraction for everybody for the fight. Dana White, McGregor and Paulie are all loud mouths so it's gaining massive traction. It's such a pointless thing and I don't know why it's getting so much airplay.

I dont think McGregor has said much on the whole subject apart from what he is asked in interviews. Although I have my suspicions he says he didnt release the photo either. Yes you are right it is a distraction but I doubt McGregor nor Mayweather are losing any sleep over it.

I actually think McGregor only brought Paulie into the camp to teach him a lesson for what he said a few months ago.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:14; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:13

LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:Im sure he does but that doesnt mean you cannot put him under pressure or mentally break him. I dont think anyone is better at doing this than McGregor.

So you think Conor McGregor with iron will and no pro boxing experience is better placed to beat Mayweather than the world class Saul Alvarez who also has iron will or say Manny Pacquiao who came from an impoverished background? The 43-0 Ricky Hatton didn't have the required attitude either?

Yes I think McGregor is a better athlete and mentally stronger than those guys. I am a Hatton fan, he was one of the few pro boxers I watched (really cool guy) but he would admit himself that his conditioning and diet was not always the best. McGregor is next level in his professionalism.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:17

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:

Yes I think McGregor is a better athlete and mentally stronger than those guys. I am a Hatton fan, he was one of the few pro boxers I watched (really cool guy) but he would admit himself that his conditioning and diet was not always the best. McGregor is next level in his professionalism.

Last edited by Pedro147 on Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:23; edited 1 time in total

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:19

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:

I can't agree with that but mental strength on it's own doesn't improve boxing ability.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:27

I get your logic but I think you will be surprised.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:29

I won't be but each to their own.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:37

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:

I think he might be more confident/cocky than these guys, but he hasn't proved himself to be truly mentally strong yet. He panicked vs Nate in the first fight and hung on for dear life in the second fight. Nate's a bit bigger, but he isn't the top guy in MMA. Not even close.

Nick Daiz would destroy Conor and he is a similar size to his brother.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:46

McGregor moved up two weight classes to take that fight against a guy significantly bigger than him on very little notice. Before McGregor lost that fight he knocked Diaz to the canvass a number of times and then went on to beat him in the rematch. Anytime, anyone, anywhere.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 10:57

he might take them on anytime, anyone, anywhere (could we see him vs Joshua next) but he doesn't always win

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:09

Derbymanc wrote:he might take them on anytime, anyone, anywhere (could we see him vs Joshua next) but he doesn't always win

He has one loss in the UFC against a guy a lot bigger than him who he went on to beat a few months later. I think you are reading too much into it especially when he has literally destroyed (KOd) everyone else at 145 and 155 he has faced. Floyd only won bronze at the Olympics but I dont think that means too much either.

If anything it has probably made McGregor a better fighter. I think Floyd hasnt always set himself the biggest challenges out there and instead managed his career to keep the clean sheet. He may well be a better fighter if he wasnt 49-0

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:13; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:11

Whereas Floyd consistently beats everyone he's faced that's a lot bigger than him.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:16

LionsV2 wrote:Whereas Floyd consistently beats everyone he's faced that's a lot bigger than him.

You know well Floyd has never done anything comparable to moving up two weight classes in a short space of time to fight someone like Diaz.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:20

Derbymanc wrote:he might take them on anytime, anyone, anywhere (could we see him vs Joshua next) but he doesn't always win

Haha I doubt it. Maybe in MMA.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:28

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
LionsV2 wrote:Whereas Floyd consistently beats everyone he's faced that's a lot bigger than him.

You know well Floyd has never done anything comparable to moving up two weight classes in a short space of time to fight someone like Diaz.

Oscar De La Hoya and Alvarez are better boxers than Diaz is mixed martial artist.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:31

LionsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Oscar De La Hoya and Alvarez are better boxers than Diaz is mixed martial artist.

For De la Hoya Mayweather moved up in weight from 147 pounds to 154. Can you not see the difference moving from 147 to 154 than 145 to 170?

Diaz' weight on the day was apparently around 188 whereas McGregor was about 166 pounds.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/this-was-the-incredible-weight-difference-between-conor-mcgregor-and-nate-diaz-at-ufc-196-69663

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:34; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:33

Considering that Mayweather is a small Welterweight who gets outweighed by over a stone on fight then no I don't see any difference; McGregor is massive at 145lbs and wasn't dwarfed by Diaz at all, he actually fought someone his own size for a change.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:38

GunsGermsV2 wrote:For De la Hoya Mayweather moved up in weight from 147 pounds to 154. Can you not see the difference moving from 147 to 154 than 145 to 170?
Mayweather 150lbs vs 165lbs Alvarez fight night weights. Not so different.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:38

LionsV2 wrote:Considering that Mayweather is a small Welterweight who gets outweighed by over a stone on fight then no I don't see any difference; McGregor is massive at 145lbs and wasn't dwarfed by Diaz at all, he actually fought someone his own size for a change.

look at any of the stare down pics of the fight. Its fairly obvious Diaz is the much bigger guy. Here is just one example.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:40

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:For De la Hoya Mayweather moved up in weight from 147 pounds to 154. Can you not see the difference moving from 147 to 154 than 145 to 170?

Fair enough. Have you got a source to support that?

The big difference is that McGregor had to move two weight classes which takes time to adjust to. Floyd only moved one weight class.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:43; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:40

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mayweather-vs-canelo-floyd-mayweather-puts-on-dominating-display-in-win/

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:44

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mayweather-vs-canelo-floyd-mayweather-puts-on-dominating-display-in-win/

Yep impressive but not as impressive as moving up two weight classes which was the original point.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:46

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

diaz moved up a class too

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:48

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Yep impressive but not as impressive as moving up two weight classes which was the original point.

Isn't it? Surely the weight disparity is the important thing. If McGregor moves up but is closer in weight on the night why is that more impressive?

Floyd basically moved up 2/3 weight classes considering he doesn't dehydrate to make weight at Welterweight so gives away 1-2 weight classes on fight night.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:51

AdamT wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

diaz moved up a class too

Thats being liberal with the truth. A lot of Diaz' recent fights have been at 170. He also missed weight in a recent 155 fight and had to fight at catch weight because 155 is a big cut for him. He has a lot of welter weight fights. MCGregor had never before fought at 170.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:54

Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Isn't it? Surely the weight disparity is the important thing. If McGregor moves up but is closer in weight on the night why is that more impressive?

Floyd basically moved up 2/3 weight classes considering he doesn't dehydrate to make weight at Welterweight so gives away 1-2 weight classes on fight night.

Im not an expert but the more weight you move up the more time it takes to adjust to the new weight. Im sure there is also a limit to how much weight anyone can move up before they lose fitness and movement etc.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 12:04

Weight is a false economy in both MMA and boxing; Mayweather is giving away more weight fighting Alvarez than McGregor did fighting Diaz. One of them actually moved up a weight division whilst the other just had less weight to cut.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 12:14

McGregor is full of dung. Diaz said he was around 177-180 on fight night. 10 whole pounds heavier!

Floyd and Manny both, were routinely fighting guys 10-15 pounds heavier.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 16:17

There was a debate about floyds fight night weights on here a while ago. He pretty much has come in at 147-151 whoever he fights and whether it's a 147 or 154 fight. With the exception of other similar undersized/moving up guys like Judah, Marquez, manny he almost always gave away significant weight on fight night. By modern days standards he probably matured into a natural lightwelter  (140 pounder). On the plus side he was never weight drained for these fights.

Fight night weights are 'unofficial' but he weighed in around 150 at the official 30 day weigh in for Alvarez. You don't cut weight for a 30 day weigh in unless you're over the stipulated weight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 17:40

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

He has one loss in the UFC against a guy a lot bigger than him who he went on to beat a few months later. I think you are reading too much into it especially when he has literally destroyed (KOd) everyone else at 145 and 155 he has faced. Floyd only won bronze at the Olympics but I dont think that means too much either.

If anything it has probably made McGregor a better fighter. I think Floyd hasnt always set himself the biggest challenges out there and instead managed his career to keep the clean sheet. He may well be a better fighter if he wasnt 49-0

im sorry but the only 155 fighters connor has fought is nate diaz and eddie alvarez. won one and lost one against nate and knocked out eddie. hardly destroying everyone. nate isnt his only defeat either, he has lost two other bouts not in the ufc

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 20:22

Alveraz is also a smaller man than Conor, hence why he won so easily.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 8:02

I'm 99.999999% Mayweather is gonna school Mcgregor.... I'm boxing through and through but that 0.0000001% chance that makes me love boxing stupidly led me to putting £50 on a Mcgregor KO rounds 1-6. I've almost been winding a few people on on my social media pages so it had to be done. I'll be in Benidorm over the weekend so that'll be one hell of a night/morning/day!
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 9:04

compelling and rich wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

im sorry but the only 155 fighters connor has fought is nate diaz and eddie alvarez. won one and lost one against nate and knocked out eddie. hardly destroying everyone. nate isnt his only defeat either, he has lost two other bouts not in the ufc

McGregor fought Diaz at 170. he only has one fight at 155 against the champ who he absolutely destroyed.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 9:10

There is life outside the UFC you know.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 10:24

Small stocky fighter loses to McGregor. Big surprise!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 10:38

so he didn't destroy everyone at 155, he just beat one person there

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 10:49

Derbymanc wrote:so he didn't destroy everyone at 155, he just beat one person there

Who said he destroyed everyone at 155?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 10:51

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:so he didn't destroy everyone at 155, he just beat one person there

Who said he destroyed everyone at 155?

Nobody, but if you cherry pick part of a sentence, you did.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 10:54

He lost to Joseph Duffy at 155 too but Guns seems to want to ignore that there's life outside the UFC.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 11:00

Is this farce over yet?

Can't wait until we have the post fight talk of Mayweather running away from Connor all night and how he would never beat him in a 'real fight' only for it all to start again when Connor signs to fight Paulie.....

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 11:04

LionsV2 wrote:

He lost to Joseph Duffy at 155 too but Guns seems to want to ignore that there's life outside the UFC.

One loss outside the UFC. He was also a 2 division champion in Cage Warriors.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 11:08

you did guns you said he LITERALLY destroyed everyone else at 145 and 155, that suggests more than one bout and if your using Literally he destroyed every other fighter at 155 (145 and 155 must have little to no fighters as they're all destroyed :-)

if he had 1 (or 2) fights there then he can't have literally destroyed everyone can he?

I don't follow MMA at all myself Lions I know a couple of the fighters but that's it, and truly believe it wasn't for McG's mouth we wouldn't be seeing this.

C'mon Huw, it's a bit of fun now and something for us all to laugh and take the micky out of

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 11:09

Derbymanc wrote:you did guns you said he LITERALLY destroyed everyone else at 145 and 155, that suggests more than one bout  and if your using Literally he destroyed every other fighter at 155 (145 and 155 must have little to no fighters as they're all destroyed :-)

if he had 1 (or 2) fights there then he can't have literally destroyed everyone can he?

I don't follow MMA at all myself Lions I know a couple of the fighters but that's it, and truly believe it wasn't for McG's mouth we wouldn't be seeing this.

C'mon Huw, it's a bit of fun now and something for us all to laugh and take the micky out of

Everyone he faced. And seeing as he grouped 145 and 155 it doesn't necessarily have to be multiple people in each division. thumbsup

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 11:10

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
melv500 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
AdamT wrote:One of McGregor sparring partners said the sessions were close with Paulie.

Anyway even IF he did get the better of Paulie, does it matter?

Do you really believe Conor can win? Please tell me you're trolling. If you're not trolling, what mental home are you in? It's good of them to provide WiFi!

Adam you are getting boring now. All your arguements revolve around insulting those that you disagree with. Yes I think McGregor will KO Floyd.

Guns can you explain your thinking behind how McG will knoock out Mayweather? I just cannot see how there is any rationale for it however curious to hear yours? Sorry if you have been over already but this is a massive thread to go back on. Cheers

No problem. Its mostly about McGregor's belief. 4-5 years ago he was on the dole in Ireland pretty much penniless telling everyone that would listen that he would one day be UFC champion. Even his father thought he was a head case and told him to stick to plumbing. A few years later he became the first ever man to hold two belts at the same time.

It was just as unbelievable back then that he would even be a contender in the UFC as it is now that he can beat Floyd. In fact in practically every fight McGregor has had to date people have vehemently doubted him but almost always he does what he says he is going to do. He 100% believes that he will defeat Floyd and will go into that fight with bullet proof confidence.

When you are dealing with competition of this magnitude mentality plays a huge part and often because it can be fairly intangible it can be McGregor's trump card and as such people time and time again dont see it coming.

People are also massively under rating McGregor physically too based on sparring videos and unorthodox workouts. Even Floyd's methods were ridiculed before he became the figher he was at his peak. Lots of people who were previously mocking McGregor in MMA are now copying his methods. Physically McGregor is also quite a bit bigger than Mayweather. Throw in 8 ounce gloves, and a big sprinkling of the unknown for me it sets it up for McGregor to knock Floyd down in the third round given that he does have a powerful left arm.

I do not really follow UFC but it sounds like he is doing great things there and good luck to him. I did not either his back story but clearly he has is a talent for MMA and his belief was justified. Having said that belief can only get you so far and you do need a heap of talent with it to reach the top in any sport. Many with much better abilities than McG in Boxing have believed they can beat Mayweather but their belief along with ability was not enough. So what I am saying that just because he might believe he can do it doesn’t not mean in any way he can. If belief was the key factor in any sport then anyone could win anything pretty much. Also i seriously doubt McG actually believes he will win this fight. He may act confident but its all to sell tickets and this fight is about money and money alone.

I do concede he looks big. looking at the sparring compared to Paulie he looked massive however there will be a weigh in and if Mayweather can beat Canelo who was massive and a much better boxer then McG size really isn’t an issue.

MMA mostly throw single punches as have to worry about kicks, take downs etc. They are not used to multiple fast solid punches coming their way. You cannot learn to defend that at the top level in such a short amount of time. So for me Mayweather stops him when he chooses. Might not KO him but a TKO all day long.

Admire your belief for want of a better word Guns however i think its your heart rather than your mind speaking. I do respect your opinion none the less if even I disagree. Hope you enjoy the fight and you stick around after like Derby said.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next