NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by George Carlin on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 8:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

                   
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
24 June 2017
KO: 19:35 NZST (8.35am BST)
Eden Park, Auckland

Live on [Sky Sports HD]

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
ARs: [tbc]
TMO: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

38 Played 38
29 Won 6
3 Drawn 3
6 Lost 29
634 Points 345

B. Recent Form

9 July 2005
Eden Park, Auckland
38 – 19 to New Zealand

2 July 2005
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
48 – 18 to New Zealand

25 June 2005
Lancaster Park, Christchurch
21 – 3 to New Zealand

3 July 1993
Eden Park, Auckland
30 – 13 to New Zealand

26 June 1993
Athletic Park, Wellington
7 – 20 to British & Irish Lions

12 June 1993
Lancaster Park, Christchurch
20 – 18 to New Zealand

16 July 1983
Eden Park, Auckland
38 – 6 to New Zealand

2 July 1983
Carisbrook, Dunedin
15 – 8 to New Zealand

18 June 1983
Athletic Park (Wellington), Wellington
9 – 0 to New Zealand

4 June 1983
Lancaster Park, Christchurch
16 – 12 to New Zealand

C. TEAMS:

NEW ZEALAND

01. Joe Moody (25)
02. Codie Taylor (16)
03. Owen Franks (91)
04. Brodie Retallick (61)
05. Samuel Whitelock (85)
06. Jerome Kaino (78)
07. Sam Cane (41)
08. Kieran Read (97)

09. Aaron Smith (59)
10. Beauden Barrett (50)
11. Rieko Ioane (2)
12. Sonny Bill Williams (34)
13. Ryan Crotty (26)
14. Israel Dagg (62)
15. Ben Smith (61)

16. Nathan Harris (5)
17. Wyatt Crockett (59)
18. Charlie Faumuina (47)
19. Scott Barrett (5)
20. Ardie Savea (13)
21. TJ Perenara (30)
22. Aaron Cruden (47) / Lima Sopoaga (7)
23. Anton Lienert-Brown (10)

BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  

15. Liam Williams – Scarlets, Wales, #833
14. Anthony Watson – Bath Rugby, England, #816
13. Jonathan Davies – Scarlets, Wales, #778
12. Ben Te’o – Worcester Warriors, England, #815
11. Elliot Daly – Wasps, England, #822
10. Owen Farrell – Saracens, England, #780
09. Conor Murray – Munster, Ireland, #790

01. Mako Vunipola – Saracens, England, #787
02. Jamie George – Saracens, England, #819
03. Tadhg Furlong – Leinster, Ireland, #818
04. Alun Wyn Jones – Ospreys, Wales, #761
05. George Kruis – Saracens, England, #817
06. Peter O’Mahony (capt) – Munster, Ireland, #832
07. Sean O’Brien – Leinster, Ireland, #796
08. Taulupe Faletau – Bath Rugby, Wales, #779

16. Ken Owens – Scarlets, Wales, #829
17. Jack McGrath – Leinster, Ireland, #827
18. Kyle Sinckler – Harlequins, England, #814
19. Maro Itoje – Saracens, England, #825
20. Sam Warburton – Cardiff Blues, Wales, #800
21. Rhys Webb – Ospreys, Wales, #820
22. Johnny Sexton – Leinster, Ireland, #791
23. Leigh Halfpenny – Toulon, Wales, #775


Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 1:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
George Carlin
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13905
Join date : 2011-06-23
Location : United Arab Emirates

Back to top Go down


Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by RDW_Scotland on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 3:27 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:It describes a bodily cavity unique to females. It is actually considered by some to be probably the most repugnant word for this orifice, even worse than the C word.

Erm

Who Knew?!! chin

I don't think Biggee will be allowed to live this down on the Scottish threads!

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 21934
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by BigGee on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 3:35 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:It describes a bodily cavity unique to females. It is actually considered by some to be probably the most repugnant word for this orifice, even worse than the C word.

Erm

Who Knew?!! chin

I don't think Biggee will be allowed to live this down on the Scottish threads!

I suspect not!

BigGee

Posts : 4125
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by RuggerRadge2611 on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 3:36 pm

avatar
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 6888
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 32
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by RDW_Scotland on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 3:38 pm

To be fair we talk so much gibberish on those threads, and have so many nicknames and random sayings (hands like Frodos etc.) I don't think anyone would notice any different.

RDW_Scotland
Admin
Admin

Posts : 21934
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 3:41 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:To be fair we talk so much gibberish on those threads, and have so many nicknames and random sayings (hands like Frodos etc.) I don't think anyone would notice any different.

One suspects it just means he's known as "Irish ladyparts" from now on ...
avatar
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 4:03 pm

A few numbers on the Lions' test squad (shamelessly pinched from http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11880499)

5 That's the number of players in the Lions squad on Saturday who have experienced a win over the All Blacks. Tadhg Furlong, Conor Murray and Johnny Sexton all played in the win in Chicago last year while Owen Farrell and Mako Vunipola played in England's 2012 win at Twickenham.

3 Only three players in the starting XV also started in the last Lions test against Australia in 2013 and they all come in the forwards. Taulupe Faletau, Sean O'Brien and Alun Wyn Jones started in the 41-16 thrashing of the Wallabies.

2 Two members of the Lions starting XV were born in New Zealand - Ben Te'o (Auckland) and Mako Vunipola (Wellington). Taulupe Faletau is the only other player born outside of the Lions' four nations - he was born in Tonga.

10 Lions lock Alun Wyn Jones has lost 10 times to the All Blacks.

3 Of the Lions starting XV three have yet to play the All Blacks. England trio Elliot Daly, Ben Te'o and Jamie George haven't faced the All Blacks' haka before while England teammate Anthony Watson has played New Zealand just once.

2008 That was the first time Sonny Bill Williams and Ben Te'o clashed in the NRL. Williams was playing for the Bulldogs in a 32-12 win over Te'o's Tigers. They last faced each other in round 26, 2013 when Williams was the winner once again as his Roosters defeated Te'o's Rabbitohs 24-12.
avatar
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 4:55 pm

0 The amount of times the English have been unified in their approach to supporting the Lions.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by BamBam on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 5:25 pm

10 Lions lock Alun Wyn Jones has lost 10 times to the All Blacks.

15 the number of All Blacks starters who will be rolling on the floor laughing at the thought of AWJ being one of the two best locks in Britain and Ireland

BamBam

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 5:28 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:0 The amount of times the English have been unified in their approach to supporting the Lions.

Still playing victim.

carpet baboon

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 8:44 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:0 The amount of times the English have been unified in their approach to supporting the Lions.

Still playing victim.

There's literally another example slapping you across the face, it was posted right before you posted. You English really don't like having the truth pointed out to you, do you? I'll tell you what if Gwlad was saying half the stuff we've seen posted about AWJ, JD2, most things Wales then he'd be banned straight up.... For some reason it's always allowed against the welsh. Glad I'm not the only one speaking up about it Smile.

....and onto the Lions. Hope some of you can get behind the team for once! I'll be cheering for the Lions as per.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by SamTheQuin on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 8:53 pm

Not sure how anyone could really find fault with people asking why AWJ was in the starting XV, considering his form and performances thus far in comparision to Itoje, Lawes and Henderson.

Also Warburton - Stander should be ahead of him on the bench as better impact player.

Don't think they are getting singled out because they are Welsh, they are getting singled out because other players have been better than them. Similar to Halfpenny, he's been brilliant this tour and thoroughly deserves his bench spot.

Think the issue people have had is the 4 Welsh call ups, when there were far more deserving players who should arguably have been involved from the outset.

SamTheQuin

Posts : 248
Join date : 2017-04-27
Age : 26
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:05 pm

Ah I see the serial complainer is back, the irony mind.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 9:36 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:0 The amount of times the English have been unified in their approach to supporting the Lions.

Still playing victim.

There's literally another example slapping you across the face, it was posted right before you posted. You English really don't like having the truth pointed out to you, do you? I'll tell you what if Gwlad was saying half the stuff we've seen posted about AWJ, JD2, most things Wales then he'd be banned straight up.... For some reason it's always allowed against the welsh. Glad I'm not the only one speaking up about it Smile.

....and onto the Lions. Hope some of you can get behind the team for once! I'll be cheering for the Lions as per.

Sorry Mikey. I may live in England but I'm Irish.
The funny thing is all the things people have been saying about gatlands selections, are the exact same things the Welsh lads gave been saying about him for the last few years.
Picking players on reputation rather than form.
Same game plan with no plan b
Sticking with players out of an unwillingness to say you were wrong.
JD can't pass.
Howley us a terrible attack coach.
All things said on this forum by Welsh posters.

So spare us all the self pity and there all against us balls.
How's that for pointing that out some facts

carpet baboon

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by The Great Aukster on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:10 pm

The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

The Great Aukster

Posts : 4272
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:11 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

The massive irony being they are complaining about parochialism while being massively parochial

carpet baboon

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:13 pm

Ah right i must have offended you there - sorry about that! Actually we haven't posted any hate-filled comments at our players, unless it's Alex Cuthbert. I'm done caring now anyway I'm just supporting the Lions Smile.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Griff on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:15 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

'Boyo'? Bit offensive.

Griff

Posts : 7342
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by mikey_dragon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:17 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

The massive irony being they are complaining about parochialism while being parochial

Howley aside, nobody Welsh slates Gatland or insults him like the 'Lions supporters' have been doing on here, but they have expressed concern and often disagreed with his ideas. Again none of that is anything like the hate-filled stuff we've been seeing against the Welsh on here, and everywhere else. Don't sink so low that you have to post lies lads.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Griff on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:19 pm

P.s. I've noticed it's only really Mikey that's claiming the Welsh bashing. And perhaps Gwald, but then he's a proper WUM. Hardly fair to say 'the Welsh' when saying 'they' are complaining. It's one or two people on a forum of many more.

Griff

Posts : 7342
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Ah right i must have offended you there - sorry about that! Actually we haven't posted any hate-filled comments at our players, unless it's Alex Cuthbert. I'm done caring now anyway I'm just supporting the Lions Smile.

Im supporting the lions. And not a single hate filled post. I wanted tips on the bench. Toby is fantastic. As much as his face is slapable Williams is fantastic. But AWJ is not playing well enough to deserve a starting spot. Also I think biggar should be ahead of Sexton.
If you look back when the squad was announced I said Henderson Payne and sexton were incredibly lucky to be picked. I'm also an Ulster fan by the way. So 66% of my team's picks I didn't think should be there.
So spare me I hate the Welsh. I just find the few Welsh posters who have constantly banged on about everyone hating them when they point out one Welsh player isn't playing well.
Oh and JD still can't Fu**Inc pass. How's that possible from an International ?

carpet baboon

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Griff on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:30 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Ah right i must have offended you there - sorry about that! Actually we haven't posted any hate-filled comments at our players, unless it's Alex Cuthbert. I'm done caring now anyway I'm just supporting the Lions Smile.

Im supporting the lions. And not a single hate filled post. I wanted tips on the bench. Toby is fantastic. As much as his face is slapable Williams is fantastic. But AWJ is not playing well enough to deserve a starting spot. Also I think biggar should be ahead of Sexton.
If you look back when the squad was announced I said Henderson Payne and sexton were incredibly lucky to be picked. I'm also an Ulster fan by the way. So 66% of my team's picks I didn't think should be there.
So spare me I hate the Welsh. I just find the few Welsh posters who have constantly banged on about everyone hating them when they point out one Welsh player isn't playing well.
Oh and JD still can't Fu**Inc pass. How's that possible from an International ?

Really? It was cracking against Leinster and Munster. Set up a number of tries.

Griff

Posts : 7342
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by carpet baboon on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:34 pm

A stopped watch is right twice a day

carpet baboon

Posts : 1421
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:30 am

Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

'Boyo'? Bit offensive.

Is it though?

The Welsh lads out here don't mind it.


Last edited by TightHEAD on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2850
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Griff on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:42 am

TightHEAD wrote:
Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

'Boyo'? Bit offensive.

Is it though?

Yes. Not massively, but it was clearly added to the sentence to antagonise. There's no need to include it in that sentence, is there? It would not be something an Irish person would normally say. It would be like me adding "to be sure, to be sure" at the end of a sentence as a dig at an Irishman. Again, not massively offensive but I can imagine some taking offence!


Anyway, who's looking forward to the game?! Not many on here by the sounds of it!

Griff

Posts : 7342
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:44 am

Griff wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

'Boyo'? Bit offensive.

Is it though?

Yes.  Not massively, but it was clearly added to the sentence to antagonise.  There's no need to include it in that sentence, is there?    It would not be something an Irish person would normally say.  It would be like me adding "to be sure, to be sure" at the end of a sentence as a dig at an Irishman.  Again, not massively offensive but I can imagine some taking offence!


Anyway, who's looking forward to the game?!  Not many on here by the sounds of it!

I am! Bring it.
avatar
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
V2 Editor
V2 Editor

Posts : 10925
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : London, England

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by No 7&1/2 on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:47 am

Looking forward to it immensely as are the vast majority I suspect. Reckon we can take this first test by the scruff of the neck. Grumbles about selections are only because most of us want to win the damn thing!

No 7&1/2

Posts : 13918
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:50 am

Big win for Wales over Samoa.

I don't think NZ are all that! Very Happy
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2850
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 11:36 am

Griff wrote:P.s. I've noticed it's only really Mikey that's claiming the Welsh bashing. And perhaps Gwald, but then he's a proper WUM. Hardly fair to say 'the Welsh' when saying 'they' are complaining. It's one or two people on a forum of many more.

This. clap

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22242
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by BamBam on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 11:39 am

Completely agree, although its easy to reply with "The Welsh" when it always starts with "The English"


BamBam

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Griff on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 11:47 am

BamBam wrote:Completely agree, although its easy to reply with "The Welsh" when it always starts with "The English"


Maybe just start it with 'Mikey' or 'Gwlad' then. Direct it to the appropriate person.

Griff

Posts : 7342
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by SecretFly on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 11:58 am

To be sure, to be sure, yis boyos.

SecretFly

Posts : 26162
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by TightHEAD on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 11:59 am

The English.......The Irish.........The Scots...........The LIONS........The British & Irish Lions............The Kiwis............The Aussie..........The Saffers....................only.........The Welsh.................would get upset by the word 'The' Rolling Eyes
avatar
TightHEAD

Posts : 2850
Join date : 2014-09-25
Location : USK, 'Fully paid up Honorary Welshman'

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Griff on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

SecretFly wrote:To be sure, to be sure, yis boyos.


I was going to ask just yesterday what happened to you, Fly? Even thought about messaging you. I was genuinely concerned! Glad you're OK.

Griff

Posts : 7342
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by LondonTiger on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 12:20 pm

Griff wrote:
BamBam wrote:Completely agree, although its easy to reply with "The Welsh" when it always starts with "The English"


Maybe just start it with 'Mikey' or 'Gwlad' then.  Direct it to the appropriate person.

So we should refer to MoGs?

LondonTiger

Posts : 16653
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by The Great Aukster on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 12:33 pm

Griff wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

'Boyo'? Bit offensive.

Is it though?

Yes.  Not massively, but it was clearly added to the sentence to antagonise.  There's no need to include it in that sentence, is there?    It would not be something an Irish person would normally say.  It would be like me adding "to be sure, to be sure" at the end of a sentence as a dig at an Irishman.  Again, not massively offensive but I can imagine some taking offence!


Anyway, who's looking forward to the game?!  Not many on here by the sounds of it!

Not meant to antagonise at all Griff so apologies if it did. Rather it was meant to bring out the irony of unification... well at least Carpet Baboon got it Wink

The Great Aukster

Posts : 4272
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 1:10 pm

I cant wait for the game. I also like that it is on at 8:30 in the morning. You wake up and you dont have to wait at all.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Hammersmith harrier on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 1:18 pm

If you get offended by Boyo, you probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by ebop on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 1:21 pm

SecretFly wrote:To be sure, to be sure, yis boyos.
Where the frick have you been eh?!!

About time you piped up Smile
avatar
ebop

Posts : 3917
Join date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 2:16 pm

Sonny Bill Williams

Couple of things surprise me. How does SBW have energy to play rugby when his religion prohibits him from eating or drinking water during the day during ramadan? What if he gets thirsty during the game?

Is he a little mad in the head to convert to Islam?

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by BamBam on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 2:18 pm

I don't really think his choice of belief is anyone else's to question

BamBam

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by GunsGermsV2 on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 2:25 pm

Well I tend to believe that anyone who puts so much faith in religion must be slightly bonkers.

GunsGermsV2

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2016-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by RuggerRadge2611 on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 2:30 pm

Griff wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:The Welsh fans who slate Gats/Howley for Wales defend him for the Lions because he's in the Welsh corner - there's unification for you boyo.

'Boyo'? Bit offensive.

Is it though?

Yes.  Not massively, but it was clearly added to the sentence to antagonise.  There's no need to include it in that sentence, is there?    It would not be something an Irish person would normally say.  It would be like me adding "to be sure, to be sure" at the end of a sentence as a dig at an Irishman.  Again, not massively offensive but I can imagine some taking offence!


Anyway, who's looking forward to the game?!  Not many on here by the sounds of it!

The Lions is always a special occasion. I can't wait for the match. The Lions represent the best of what Warren Gatland thinks Britain and Ireland have to offer... Run

That was a joke Griff Wink kiss

I really do hope that we can make an impression on this series. 12 Years ago we did not make a good account of ourselves. This crop of players has a chance to show New Zealand rugby what we can do. We have some very good outside backs, the pressure will be on Farrell and the midfield to bring them into the game as much as possible. Our pack can create a platform at the set piece and they need to impose themselves here if we are to make any impression.

It can be done, and I really hope we can do it.
avatar
RuggerRadge2611

Posts : 6888
Join date : 2011-03-04
Age : 32
Location : The North, The REAL North (Beyond the Wall)

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 3:03 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I really do hope that we can make an impression on this series. 12 Years ago we did not make a good account of ourselves. This crop of players has a chance to show New Zealand rugby what we can do.

This is it. This is why the Lions is still a big deal. It's us against them. Well, us plus Ben Te'o against them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22242
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by BamBam on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 4:02 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I really do hope that we can make an impression on this series. 12 Years ago we did not make a good account of ourselves. This crop of players has a chance to show New Zealand rugby what we can do.

This is it. This is why the Lions is still a big deal. It's us against them. Well, us plus Ben Te'o, Mako Vunipola and Toby Faletau against them.

Edited for accuracy

BamBam

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by hugehandoff on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 4:26 pm

before the tour who would have guessed this starting XV? Teo and JD in the midfield? Jamie George starting and O'Mahony as captain?

All that does not matter now. Come on the Lions and make us all proud! Very Happy Wales rose guinness Braveheart  

We are behind you all.

hugehandoff

Posts : 688
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by mikey_dragon on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

carpet baboon wrote:A stopped watch is right twice a day

I can't remember there being many examples of JD2 being incapable of passing on this tour? I can remember a few for Te'o though, it's pretty much been every single one of his attempts at passing... Still that's a pretty good midfield. BTW if you want another example of a Welsh player being personally attacked, in this case yes it's JD2, then head over to the Lions 2017 thread. It's good to be right this often mind.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 6553
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Exiledinborders on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 5:39 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:A stopped watch is right twice a day

I can't remember there being many examples of JD2 being incapable of passing on this tour? I can remember a few for Te'o though, it's pretty much been every single one of his attempts at passing... Still that's a pretty good midfield. BTW if you want another example of a Welsh player being personally attacked, in this case yes it's JD2, then head over to the Lions 2017 thread. It's good to be right this often mind.
Neither are particularly good passers or have particular pace or stepping ability. Both play in the Gatland mode. Let's hope it goes well.

Exiledinborders

Posts : 1384
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : Scottish Borders

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 5:41 pm

Jonathan Davies does have good feet for someone his size. I remember when he first appeared for the Scarlets, he was making breaks for fun. He seems to kick a lot more these days, for Wales at least.

Luckless Pedestrian

Posts : 22242
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : Newport

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by BigTrevsbigmac on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 5:58 pm

We need JD2 to show the form he had in the Pro12 semi & final & get the wings involved because they have real pace.

Getting excited now. Come on the Lions!

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 2835
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Taylorman on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 6:16 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Well I tend to believe that anyone who puts so much faith in religion must be slightly bonkers.

Yeah agree, and why does it always have to involve some stupid element if sacrificing in some way? Not eating or drinking? No play or work on Saturdays or Sunday depending on the flavour. A list of rules of all the things you shan't not do without even a corresponding bullet point list of what you should be doing?

Is there one out there that simply says be happy, love your family and fellow man and get out there and enjoy life?

I'll have that one please.

I sure hope the reason SBW got stood up and made to look silly by Tim Nainai Williams wasnt because Tim managed to get in a Big Mac and coke in before the game.

Taylorman

Posts : 9047
Join date : 2011-02-02
Location : Wellington NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 24 June

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum