The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why?

+4
Breadvan
Cyril
BamBam
Rory_Gallagher
8 posters

Go down

Why? Empty Why?

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Why is this the most sensitive forum on the internet? Why are jokes not allowed? Why is it that if one person gets offended over something that they deserve to get their own way?

Mods - why don't you challenge the posters to take responsibility for their own emotions and stop babying them. I understand that some policing is needed, but it has been bordering on embarrassing recently. I'm assuming that when a poster flags something, the identity of the poster who complained in known to the mods? If so, why not ban persistent offenders who flag comments for no good reason other than to emphasise their own permanent state of victimhood? Save us all the whinging.

I'm sure this post will be deleted, but it is something to consider.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Why? Empty Re: Why?

Post by BamBam Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Just realised we lost that excellent version of Wonderwall posted by Radge .. if this is in reference to that I agree wholeheartedly

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm

BamBam wrote:Just realised we lost that excellent version of Wonderwall posted by Radge .. if this is in reference to that I agree wholeheartedly

Yes it is.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:41 pm

AWJ might not have Supersonic pace any longer, but Gats is hoping he will Live Forever, especially if he's the Lions Shakermaker again in four years time. While AWJ does play as if he's been on the Cigarettes and Alcohol, Some Might Say, 'Whatever, Just Roll With It'. Gats is on record as saying, 'Stand by Me', as his Lions go All Around the World.

I think the basic message is Stop Crying Your Eyes Out.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Some Might Say you deserve to be banned for that joke, Cyril.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Some Might Say you deserve to be banned for that joke, Cyril.
I think the mods already have their Beady Eye on me Shocked

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Little by little people are liking AWJ in the test team but a few are still going to look back in anger at the decision but they could have morning glory if the Lions win on Sat. It's Gats masterplan after all.

I'll slide away and get me coat...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm still convinced Gats is going to make a Digby's Dinner of this tour.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:52 pm

You are nobody around here unless you have been banned at least once. Wear your V2 plates with pride if you have got them.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:03 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:You are nobody around here unless you have been banned at least once. Wear your V2 plates with pride if you have got them.

How about if you've banned someone? Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:You are nobody around here unless you have been banned at least once. Wear your V2 plates with pride if you have got them.

You should wear their heads on a string round your neck.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Cyril wrote:

You should wear their heads on a string round your neck.
Laugh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Lol, did you ban me? Why I....

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Lol, did you ban me? Why I....

I can't remember if I did or not to be honest mate.

I did discover the other day that I'm technically still a mod on the Tennis section. Which means I do still have a "ban" button. So far I'm resisting the temptation ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I was gonna say, didn't think you were a mod. Anyway whoever it was I'm not sure they appreciated how big a deal I am around here but that's cool.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Laugh

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:46 pm

I appreciate the support lads, I really do.

However the Mods on here have a hard enough job as it is. George Carlin, RDW, Ozzy do a bloody good job in a terrible set of circumstances.

They are here to debate rugby and enjoy themseleves too, they also have the added pressure of trying to keep the forum from degenerating into the swamp of madness that it so often becomes.

If taking down that humerous post of mine (intended as a joke) makes their life easier I'm happy that it has been removed.

Afterall they don't get paid for clearing up some of the nonsense that gets posted up here, and they are entitled to enjoy it as much as we do.
Hug

The sensitivity of those who were offended by it is another matter. I'm not a WUM on here and I never have been. It was a funny post, and I wasn't the author, so I'm taking no credit, just wanted to share it with rugby fans who would take it for what it was. A joke....
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Teacher's pet! F the police!

But seriously can't understand how sensitive people are to a comedy song about another person.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:27 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I appreciate the support lads, I really do.

However the Mods on here have a hard enough job as it is. George Carlin, RDW, Ozzy do a bloody good job in a terrible set of circumstances.

They are here to debate rugby and enjoy themseleves too, they also have the added pressure of trying to keep the forum from degenerating into the swamp of madness that it so often becomes.

If taking down that humerous post of mine (intended as a joke) makes their life easier I'm happy that it has been removed.

Afterall they don't get paid for clearing up some of the nonsense that gets posted up here, and they are entitled to enjoy it as much as we do.
Hug

The sensitivity of those who were offended by it is another matter. I'm not a WUM on here and I never have been. It was a funny post, and I wasn't the author, so I'm taking no credit, just wanted to share it with rugby fans who would take it for what it was. A joke....

Bloody Scots always moaning about Lions selection, they're well over represented in mods and admins on here!!!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Those who can't, teach Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: