Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 3:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

He came across very poor as did fellow lib Clegg with his constant sniping at the Brexit issue.
Good riddance to both.Libs may well be a non entity now.
Tories have to proceed with caution now and build up some confidence again.

Our fire guy at work is telling us today that they really should have gone for a full evacuation at an early stage but that runs right against all previous policy putting residents and fire staff in potentially greater danger.In Blackadder terms it would have been going 'over the top'

dynamark

Posts : 1059
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down


Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 6:57 pm

I saw something not that long ago about Muslims going out meeting the public in Scotland to have their questions answered about who they were and what they were about etc. That was reported.

I'd actually prefer if Muslims were genuinely outing these people within their midst instead of having rallies after the event.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:06 pm

The vast majority of complaints and warnings (often ignored) are made by Muslims...you'd know that if the press reported it.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:12 pm

and you know how?

I imagine it's perhaps true, but on what basis are you making the claim? If it's not reported, what hotline have you got to the muslim world of underground intelligence?

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 7:18 pm

There is this thing called social media, it's amazing. Individuals and groups take statistics, such as say the number of people who use Prevent to report terror suspects, and they share it.
There is plenty of available accurate data, it just doesn't all find its way into the conventional media.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Davie on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 8:14 pm

super_realist wrote:
Davie wrote:In the name of anti-religion perhaps - boils down to the same thing

Still wrong. Nothing to suggest he was anti religion, might have been a Christian nutter for all you know.

Make your bleeding mind up - just a couple of posts before you said "Can't see he did it in the name of religion though" . That was what I was referring to. Yes so he may be neither pro-religion or anti-religion, but you can't have it both ways Rolling Eyes

Davie

Posts : 7496
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Davie on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 8:14 pm

super_realist wrote:
Davie wrote:In the name of anti-religion perhaps - boils down to the same thing

Still wrong. Nothing to suggest he was anti religion, might have been a Christian nutter for all you know.

Make your bleeding mind up - just a couple of posts before you said "Can't see he did it in the name of religion though" . That was what I was referring to. Yes so he may be neither pro-religion or anti-religion, but you can't have it both ways Rolling Eyes

Davie

Posts : 7496
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 8:29 pm

Diggers wrote:There is this thing called social media, it's amazing. Individuals and groups take statistics, such as say the number of people who use Prevent to report terror suspects, and they share it.
There is plenty of available accurate data, it just doesn't all find its way into the conventional media.

Social media? You mean the modern equivalent of "someone told me so"?

You're probably right, but there's a great deal which clearly doesn't get reported either. I don't think as a community they try hard enough.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 9:17 pm

If you choose to use social media that way. One way I use it is to research links to DfE and Ofsted reports and data (is that just someone telling you something?), to access CPD material, social media is huge for sharing knowledge across professions - Twitter was created for that reason originally.
So is it full of opinionated conjecture from all sides, of course, but you know full well that it is far more than that, or at least I hope you do.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:12 am

Wait a minute, I thought you said that media wasn't reporting this sort of thing?

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:29 am

What? I'm talking about direct links to these websites from social media, what has that got to do with the traditional media?
Down here in Sussex the police have a Facebook page and post regularly about local policing methods.
My boss, who has just won a national award for using IT in teaching, uses Facebook live for tutorials, all free.
Anyway I digress, also remember when you look at conventional reporting you need to consider where news is positioned and how it is presented. If you watched the start of both the main channels news last night ITV led with a huge story on a police funding u turn, slated May, Peston was salivating. The BBC were on for 10 minutes before mentioning it as an aside.
The truth of the stories importance was probably somewhere in between but that's not how the media chose to show it, for whatever reasons.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 7:35 am

So it's either reported or it isn't, or is it only how it's reported in physical newspapers that bothers you?

I've seen the event in question on radio and tv (BBC, Talksport and Local) referred to as a terrorist event, so if it's only newspapers (which have a woeful circulation these days) which you feel aren't being even handed then it's really not much of a complaint.

Why would you want to have news sources reporting things in exactly the same way? Who cares if the BBC and ITV led on different stories? That's the whole point of an editorial. It's about pitching the news to your audience.

If you go to a supermarket in a deprived area, you don't expect to see so many upmarket products as you would in a more affluent area. Why would you expect the news to be a catch all?

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 8:02 am

What? Where did I say it was reported? I think you are actually losing the plot lately.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 8:13 am

People, perhaps not you are complaining this is not reported in the same way as a Muslim act. Maybe it wasn't you.

The point is that different media outlets report things differently, some are referring to it as a terrorist event, some are not.

What we don't need to do though is pander to the muslim community in regards to this in case we "offend" them. They don't appear to be doing enough, whether this is because it is "under-reported" or whether they actually aren't doing enough I don't know, but there's far too many crazed religious nuts going around in this country.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 8:25 am

They don't appear to be doing enough? Based on? You keep going on about there being no press bias, or at least for "intelligent" people it doesn't make a difference. I think you are living proof that it does have an influence.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 9:18 am

Based on continued attacks.

I'm not saying there is no press bias, I'm saying that news outlets are not required to report in exactly the same way as one another.

I've also not said that it has no influence on people. I've only ever said I'm not swayed by a newspaper angle and question why anyone would be.

Christ, talk about lack of comprehension.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:38 am

The Muslim community. Because they all know each other and they all know what they are planning to do...


beninho

Posts : 3121
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:45 am

super_realist wrote:Based on continued attacks.

I'm not saying there is no press bias, I'm saying that news outlets are not required to report in exactly the same way as one another.

I've also not said that it has no influence on people. I've only ever said I'm not swayed by a newspaper angle and question why anyone would be.

Christ, talk about lack of comprehension.

More like a lack of clarity from you as usual, and again, Id say you are a classic case of being taken in, whilst raging against people who are dumb enough to be taken in. You are way too biased to have any fair judgement of this, much the same as with your Woods hatred. You just end up spouting bile.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:54 am

How have I been taking in? I'm not biased either as I've not taken any side.
I haven't said anything bile ridden either. I thought you were bright Diggers?

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:59 am

You don't think calling Muslims carpet sniffers is bile ridden? I'm far from a fan of religion but that's just crass and most definitely bile ridden.
I dislike religion, you seem to dislike religious people, vehemently. That's not a good connection.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 3:22 pm

Is it worse being a carpet sniffer than a bible basher?

pedro

Posts : 5772
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 4:06 pm

Good point pedro Ive had a few bible basher/god botherers knocking at my door.I reckon they have me on the no hope list now.On the way into Leicester every morning there are a group who stand under a bridge bothering passers by and most folk are too polite to tell them no.Jehovahs witnesses I think .
Havnt had any muslims knocking on the door though.We used to jest on here about golfers who thanked the lord above  in winners speeches.Hard to believe a top level sportsperson thinks it was a divine event.
Anyway back to the fire telegraph reports that the fire boys had sorted the fridge kitchen fire and were just clearing up ready to leave when the outside went up so it looks like the cladding was the main issue.Shouldnt be hard to work out who was responsible for the design spec approval and installation of that system,remove it from any other buildings and do the criminal justice stuff.Highly likely though that it did conform to current regulations -wrongly.

dynamark

Posts : 1059
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 5:50 pm

Diggers wrote:You don't think calling Muslims carpet sniffers is bile ridden? I'm far from a fan of religion but that's just crass and most definitely bile ridden.
I dislike religion, you seem to dislike religious people, vehemently. That's not a good connection.

How is it bile ridden? In what way does any member of any religion command respect for holding such hilariously infantile beliefs? They are a complete and utter joke, believing in something indistinguishable from Bigfoot or Leprechauns.

They can believe whatever they like, but that belief has no right to be respected or given special treatment and it's about time we stopped being scared of offending bad and indefensible ideas like religion.

I don't dislike religious people, I dislike their repulsive beliefs which are downright dangerous and a barrier to progress.

If someone believed they'd been abducted by aliens or seen Santa Claus, we'd laugh them out of town and refer to them as having lost their minds, yet somehow we're supposed to give people who believe in an invisible sky zombie special treatment and treat them as if it's normal and acceptable to believe something so preposterous, so stupid, unjustifiable and far fetched?

Referring to them as carpet sniffers is getting off lightly.

You can believe whatever you like, but when religions expect special treatment for it, that religion and those beliefs deserve both barrels of ridicule.

Now people are talking about security and defence for Churches and Mosques. Sorry, start paying tax and then maybe they can have it. Why can't they provide it themselves? They aren't short of money.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 6:31 pm

As a muslim the only problem is it's quite "difficult" to leave islam...

pedro

Posts : 5772
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 6:57 pm

Precisely, just another example of how revolting a cult it is.

If people want to believe whatever nonsense they want, no problem, just don't expect any sort of influence on society for it.

I don't want the religious to stick their nose into politics, education, marriage, abortion etc. There shouldn't be Clergy in the house of lords anymore than there should be Astrologers or Alchemists and the view of the Archbishop of Canterbury on any issue other than his stone age slavery condoning book is irrelevant to everyone.

No one has a problem with any religion until it starts doing harm to people or sticking its nose in where it has no place, especially when it pays no tax.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Davie on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 9:05 pm

super_realist wrote:
Diggers wrote:You don't think calling Muslims carpet sniffers is bile ridden? I'm far from a fan of religion but that's just crass and most definitely bile ridden.
I dislike religion, you seem to dislike religious people, vehemently. That's not a good connection.

How is it bile ridden?

Come on - I refuse to believe that you are THAT stupid that you can't see what an offensive and hateful label that is.

Yes you have explained your reasons (ad infinitum) why you think that way, but don't try to tell us you aren't aware that it isn't bile ridden

If you have your own beliefs that you spout daily then fine - but at least be a man and admit you are insulting them  and stop the "i'm so innocent" act

Davie

Posts : 7496
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 9:46 pm

It might be provocative, but so bloody what? What exactly about their beliefs do you think deserves anyone treats it with "respect"? There is nothing about any religion which deserves anything other than ridicule when they make demands in regard to it.

Calling them a carpet sniffer is about as "offensive" as calling a telemark skier a "knee bender".

You might think it's "bile" I don't.

If they can't take having the urine extracted in regards to their carpet sniffing probe then that's their problem, not mine.

The issue is why would anyone defend any such pointless and dangerous belief system?

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 7:17 am

The irony of this discussion Super is that you want the Muslim community to do more. Maybe report people who rage on and on against British values, who gnash their teeth going on and on and on about how much they hate people with those beliefs, that they are idiots and worthless, calling them names and saying so what if that provokes them. You want those types of extremists identified Super?


Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 8:09 am

Anyone hear BoJos car crash interview on Radio 4? Be interested if you did as it was suggested that most news outlets would not report it due to their 'non' political nature.
avatar
MontysMerkin

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : North Lincs

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by puligny on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:07 am

I heard it! He had more trouble with words than Abbott had with numbers!

puligny

Posts : 1155
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:23 am

puligny wrote:I heard it! He had more trouble with words than Abbott had with numbers!
The bloke is a complete duckin cockwomble.
avatar
MontysMerkin

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : North Lincs

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by puligny on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 11:25 am

Yes but some think he's a character! Sadly

puligny

Posts : 1155
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

puligny wrote:Yes but some think he's a character! Sadly
Oh he's definitely a character; a devious, odious one.
avatar
MontysMerkin

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : North Lincs

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Yadsendew on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 12:25 pm

super_realist wrote:It might be provocative, but so bloody what? What exactly about their beliefs do you think deserves anyone treats it with "respect"? There is nothing about any religion which deserves anything other than ridicule when they make demands in regard to it.

Calling them a carpet sniffer is about as "offensive" as calling a telemark skier a "knee bender".

You might think it's "bile" I don't.

If they can't take having the urine extracted in regards to their carpet sniffing probe then that's their problem, not mine.

The issue is why would anyone defend any such pointless and dangerous belief system?

'Super' the 'Frankie Bile' of the golf forum. As a useless 'knee bender' I am very offended.

Yadsendew

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : West Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 2:11 pm

Super

I am sure you must have come across the idea that words don't have intrinsic meaning but have usages.

So when you say "carpet sniffer" think about what usage of that term people will reason that you are using?
avatar
McLaren

Posts : 12983
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 3:00 pm

Not sure I understand carpet sniffer? Is it a scot looking for loose change?
avatar
MontysMerkin

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : North Lincs

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by I'm never wrong on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 5:41 pm

One for Super


I'm never wrong

Posts : 1707
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 5:44 pm

Monty it doesn't usually get as far as the carpet in Scotland.A bit like litter in Disneyland .
Insulation celotex a closed cell foam product which will give off cyanide as it burns lovely stuff.
Very efficient insulator for its thickness in a lot of cavity walls and all manner of roofing and cladding products .
News were at it again though spreading fear to 600 tower blocks and residents and then saying it was only three so far.Any chance and they are all trying to out headline each other watch channel 4 tonight and you are sure to see another example

dynamark

Posts : 1059
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

I am sure you must have come across the idea that words don't have intrinsic meaning but have usages.

So when you say "carpet sniffer" think about what usage of that term people will reason that you are using?

I see the Church of England have now been caught out harbouring paedophiles. I better not call them "kiddie fiddlers" just incase they get offended eh Mac?

The religious as a body are every bit as ridiculous and laughable as a body of Astrologers, Alchemists, Homeopathy Practitioners or Paedophiles. There is nothing and no reason why they don't deserve to be ridiculed when they ask for special treatment in public.

So, yes, I can concede that "carpet sniffers" might be construed as "offensive" but so what. Why would a body as preposterous as that deserve to be treated respectfully or have their myth incorporated into how we run society?

When should fairy stories ever get weight in terms of policy or how we are educated throughout our life? Never.



super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 6:58 pm

Fuk me your boring. And clearly stupid. If you cant differentiate between different people, just lump them under groups and titles.

I would like to ask what you call muslim or any other religious people at your work? Has hr not caught up with you yet?

beninho

Posts : 3121
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 7:08 pm

Not sure the church are any worse than various show biz groups, football clubs, rugby clubs, orphanages. So many stories of disgusting men corrupting and abusing kids. Fairly sick society we live in really, or certainly has been in past decades.

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 7:09 pm

I can differentiate between people, but there is NO DIFFERENCE between the beliefs of someone who believes in a religion and one who believes in astrology. They are both based on NO EVIDENCE and should both be ridiculed WHEN THEY ASK FOR SPECIAL TREATMENT.

I don't have religious people at my work, it's a science based discipline which isn't compatible with fairy tales.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

Diggers wrote:Not sure the church are any worse than various show biz  groups, football clubs, rugby clubs, orphanages. So many stories of disgusting men corrupting and abusing kids. Fairly sick society we live in really, or certainly has been in past decades.

Pretty sure the Catholic Church has a worse record as a global body than a football club, whilst demanding celibacy can't be good.

Society has probably always been sick Diggers throughout time, just much harder for these bastards to hide it and get away with it, but I see those in the Catholic Church still get to vote in conclave.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 7:36 pm

We can all agree that some people within the church have done some awful things to kids, its clear that mr super realist has never got over it.

beninho

Posts : 3121
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 7:49 pm

beninho wrote:Fuk me your boring. And clearly stupid. If you cant differentiate between different people, just lump them under groups and titles.

I would like to ask what you call muslim or any other religious people at your work? Has hr not caught up with you yet?

Just curious super realist, do you say these things to peoples faces, or are happy to hide behind the internet?
I say, just curious.

westisbest

Posts : 6845
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 7:28 am

westisbest wrote:
beninho wrote:Fuk me your boring. And clearly stupid. If you cant differentiate between different people, just lump them under groups and titles.

I would like to ask what you call muslim or any other religious people at your work? Has hr not caught up with you yet?

Just curious super realist, do you say these things to peoples faces, or are happy to hide behind the internet?
I say, just curious.

You seem to be misunderstanding me. I've no problem if people want to believe stupid things providing they keep it to themselves.

If however someone tries to proselytise to me, or if they seek special conditions or influence policy (e.g. taxation, marriage, abortion etc) for their ridiculous beliefs then yes, I give them both barrels.

super_realist

Posts : 21649
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 7:59 am

super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:
beninho wrote:Fuk me your boring. And clearly stupid. If you cant differentiate between different people, just lump them under groups and titles.

I would like to ask what you call muslim or any other religious people at your work? Has hr not caught up with you yet?

Just curious super realist, do you say these things to peoples faces, or are happy to hide behind the internet?
I say, just curious.

You seem to be misunderstanding me. I've no problem if people want to believe stupid things providing they keep it to themselves.

If however someone tries to proselytise to me, or if they seek special conditions or influence policy (e.g. taxation, marriage, abortion etc) for their ridiculous beliefs then yes, I give them both barrels.
Shocked Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
I'm sure that sets em right laughing Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
avatar
MontysMerkin

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : North Lincs

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 8:33 am

There is a pretty loopy guy at Oxford Circus tube who is always preaching through a megaphone. Imagine the scene if Super bumped into him, starts shouting at him about tooth fairies while the guy is preaching back about faith. Super might hate religion but he does love to talk about it, could end up being the worlds longest debate (if a debate can involve two people rabidly screeching at each other).

Diggers

Posts : 7573
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:14 am

super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:
beninho wrote:Fuk me your boring. And clearly stupid. If you cant differentiate between different people, just lump them under groups and titles.

I would like to ask what you call muslim or any other religious people at your work? Has hr not caught up with you yet?

Just curious super realist, do you say these things to peoples faces, or are happy to hide behind the internet?
I say, just curious.

You seem to be misunderstanding me. I've no problem if people want to believe stupid things providing they keep it to themselves.

If however someone tries to proselytise to me, or if they seek special conditions or influence policy (e.g. taxation, marriage, abortion etc) for their ridiculous beliefs then yes, I give them both barrels.

Fair enough

westisbest

Posts : 6845
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:29 am

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

I am sure you must have come across the idea that words don't have intrinsic meaning but have usages.

So when you say "carpet sniffer" think about what usage of that term people will reason that you are using?

I see the Church of England have now been caught out harbouring paedophiles. I better not call them "kiddie fiddlers" just incase they get offended eh Mac?

The religious as a body are every bit as ridiculous and laughable as a body of Astrologers, Alchemists, Homeopathy Practitioners or Paedophiles. There is nothing and no reason why they don't deserve to be ridiculed when they ask for special treatment in public.

So, yes, I can concede that "carpet sniffers" might be construed as "offensive" but so what. Why would a body as preposterous as that deserve to be treated respectfully or have their myth incorporated into how we run society?

When should fairy stories ever get weight in terms of policy or how we are educated throughout our life? Never.


Well, how about you're using it to be offensive, for being offensive's sake? Why not use an actual term that isn't deliberately offensive, but is accurate? How about 'Muslims', as a start point?
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 6973
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri 23 Jun 2017, 9:35 am

Diggers wrote:There is a pretty loopy guy at Oxford Circus tube who is always preaching through a megaphone. Imagine the scene if Super bumped into him, starts shouting at him about tooth fairies while the guy is preaching back about faith. Super might hate religion but he does love to talk about it, could end up being the worlds longest debate (if a debate can involve two people rabidly screeching at each other).
Could be funny, but I think I'd back S_R to quote more actual evidence that the preacher is talking bollox, than the other way around. FWIW, I think he's absolutely right re. charitable status of organised religions and their roles in politics and legislation. Believe what you want in your own home, but expect to be told you're off with the pixies (in the nicest possible way of course) if you preach those beliefs in public and attempt to impose them on others.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 6973
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum